Saving Loadouts

65 replies to this topic

Poll: Save custom Load-out (339 member(s) have cast votes)

Add "Save custom Load-out" feature?

1. Voted Yes (330 votes [97.35%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 97.35%

2. No (9 votes [2.65%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.65%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Drakonis 1183

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:18 AM

Yeah, that would be nice.

It would be nice to save some load-out settings you could choice of, to quickly change the configuration of your Mech.

#22 Tenbatsu

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:37 AM

As the developer of MWO Lobby and its forthcoming real time ladder league I will say that saving loadouts needs to be in place for the competitive community to really take off. I'd go as far as to say it's the second most important feature for the competitive community; the first being a lower barrier to entry for the private lobby interface.

I think the state of competitive play could take a drastically positive turn if this feature were to be added to the game. It's a win/win feature for both players and developers in my opinion and when I see a requested feature like that myself I make sure to build it out. Here's hoping that there are developments regarding this feature in the near future.

#23 knight-of-ni

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,627 posts
  • Location/dev/null

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:09 AM

I've been wanting the ability to save custom templates for a long time now.
A nice alternative would be the ability to (quickly) import template files from a third party source such as Smurfy.

Naturally, appropriate logic must be added if the items in the template are not currently available in one's inventory or require cbills to upgrade the mech.

Really, I'd like both of these features.

#24 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:33 AM

My Omnimechs would greatly appreciate this feature. (7 different builds for only 3 Timber Wolf mechs.)

#25 xeromynd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,022 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:54 AM

Might get a little hairy when it comes to loading endo/ferro/dhs/artemis considering you'd have to pay for each, same with consumables.

If you have one Seismic Module saved in your JM6 Loadout, and it's currently on another mech, how would the "Load Loadout" feature behave? Would it strip the module from the mech it's already on, or place a new one you'll need to buy in the slot?

Edited by xeromynd, 24 June 2014 - 09:54 AM.

#26 Pwnocchio

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:11 AM

So this feature still isn't in place then?

;)

#27 Valten

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 161 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:35 PM

Yes please! Obviously I would want a warning if the selected loadout would require me to buy anything (I don't expect this to go around randomly stripping items off of my other mechs) but I would love to be able save loadouts. And I think the stock loadout should be saved by default.

Edited by Valten, 08 July 2014 - 01:35 PM.

#28 Cpt Zaepp

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 88 posts
  • LocationOn Alpine, Hamburger Hill, watching my team spreading out like a cheap prostitute on Solaris VII...

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:17 PM

+1

Also, I want to switch load-outs in drop-preparation screen.

#29 Myke Pantera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 836 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:25 AM

Great idea, will save me the task to store my smurfy builds on evernote :D Or at least I can reequip my mechs quicker without overlooking something. I assume this only configures the mech, and i still have to press save to confirm the change. This way i don't see a problem with gear i currently don't own.

Edit: Gets a little tricky with equipment like FF, ES, DHS & ARTEMIS. My suggestion is to let you only reequip loadouts that work with the current equipment configuration.

Edited by Myke Pantera, 14 July 2014 - 09:30 AM.

#30 151st Light Horse Regiment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 388 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 11:48 AM

This still needs to happen.

#31 Burktross

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 08 October 2014 - 01:41 PM

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 19 April 2014 - 10:23 PM, said:

...or you could just buy multiples of the variants you have different setups of.

I have 38 'Mechs. Each and every one has its own engine and weapons and equipment. My multiples include three Spider-5Ds, three Jenner-Ds, two Blackjack-3s, two Griffin-1Ns, and two Catapult-C1s.

There will eventually be a Dropship mode in the game where you need four fully-equipped chassis in the same weight class. You won't be able to bring empty chassis and swap stuff out. Might as well start preparing now.

Not everyone swims in ca$h money cheddar dude. It's also easier said than done to grind it out for something so pointless.

#32 Zephonarch II

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 328 posts
  • LocationBack in the MWO and... its fun, but Nascar steamrolls still lame.

Posted 13 October 2014 - 10:34 AM

We got the Separate Trial Mech tab, this seems like the next big thing for improving the mechlab menus.

View Postzaepp, on 13 July 2014 - 03:17 PM, said:

Also, I want to switch load-outs in drop-preparation screen.

By the way, this would be excellent for the game right now not excluding the fact that it's planned for the dropship mode dynamics. But for now, if this happened then players could switch out to SRM/Streak/LBX builds for the Factory map. And for other maps too. Hey, if we could switch builds in-game in the chat menu then teams could co-ordinate for a full-out rush, or lrm barrage, or ballistic lances. Isn't that what PGI wanted in the first place? Specific map enviromental gameplay and immersion? After all; we don't already have a briefing for what map we are going to be thrown into. So this just seems like a logical phase to be put into the game pretty soon.

View PostTenbatsu, on 03 June 2014 - 08:37 AM, said:

As the developer of MWO Lobby and its forthcoming real time ladder league I will say that saving loadouts needs to be in place for the competitive community to really take off. I'd go as far as to say it's the second most important feature for the competitive community; the first being a lower barrier to entry for the private lobby interface.

I think the state of competitive play could take a drastically positive turn if this feature were to be added to the game. It's a win/win feature for both players and developers in my opinion and when I see a requested feature like that myself I make sure to build it out. Here's hoping that there are developments regarding this feature in the near future.

Please, emphasize this for a future patch. Thx

Edited by Zephonarch II, 13 October 2014 - 10:36 AM.

#33 mechs-ican

Rookie

• Moderate Giver
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 05:35 PM

how is the game nearly 2 years old and this feature still not implemented? That absolutely boggles my mind.
Im no computer code genius by any means, but I can't fathom that implementing this could be very hard.

#34 Gamuray

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 866 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 04:30 AM

I literally share one engine between ~5 mechs. Having a loadout saving option would allow me to just strip all of their equipment after I log out or when I go to switch matches, and then loadout a new one. It would turn a 5-10 minutes procedure into a 5-10 second procedure. This should definitely be put in game (In my opinion, before CW. Because people may want to reoutfit a mech before defending/attacking a location, which will have a time limitation.)

#35 Strikeshadow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 213 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 06:54 AM

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 19 April 2014 - 10:23 PM, said:

...or you could just buy multiples of the variants you have different setups of.

I have 38 'Mechs. Each and every one has its own engine and weapons and equipment. My multiples include three Spider-5Ds, three Jenner-Ds, two Blackjack-3s, two Griffin-1Ns, and two Catapult-C1s.

There will eventually be a Dropship mode in the game where you need four fully-equipped chassis in the same weight class. You won't be able to bring empty chassis and swap stuff out. Might as well start preparing now.

38 mechs so how many $100s have you spent on the game? Or how many 1000s of hours have you played? You realize an average working year is 2000 hours.....

Edited by Strikeshadow, 11 November 2014 - 06:55 AM.

#36 WARMACHINE760

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:20 PM

this would be awesome to have in game.

#37 Burktross

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 16 November 2014 - 03:39 PM

View Postxeromynd, on 24 June 2014 - 09:54 AM, said:

Might get a little hairy when it comes to loading endo/ferro/dhs/artemis considering you'd have to pay for each, same with consumables.

If you have one Seismic Module saved in your JM6 Loadout, and it's currently on another mech, how would the "Load Loadout" feature behave? Would it strip the module from the mech it's already on, or place a new one you'll need to buy in the slot?

"Module x is on mech y-- Rebuy, abort, or transfer?"

#38 Zephonarch II

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 328 posts
  • LocationBack in the MWO and... its fun, but Nascar steamrolls still lame.

Posted 18 November 2014 - 08:51 AM

When the devs revisit remodeling old maps, they better just start from the ground up and look at some missing feautures like this while they're at it. I'll just try to simplify their schedule:

Designing Wave 2 mechs, Resistance mechs, new Swamp map, implementing CW with it's inevitable patches, possible weapon/dynamic balancing

Features we still need/Areas that some want to be revisited:
Easier and more immersive UI,Saving loadouts, Improved soundtrack, more weapons, destructible environment, updated old maps(expanding, editing centers of maps where engagements are most common) ,and hopefully a Random-Map generator for CW

Saving loadouts is just a small thing compared to most other projects the devs go through. We got the a new factions map, a skills list, and new mech tabs. A list of custom builds could go under a new tab in the mechlab. Again; the logic is simple.
  • We need this because the less time people will take rebuilding mechs around old builds, the more time they'll be spending playing.

#39 Nerdboard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 226 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 05:01 AM

I am not sure what the forum policy is on this, but I am going to bump this thread since I saw that a new mechlab is worked on. This feature would significantly improve the game. Some of the people I play with use Clan Mechs and do not always have the C-Bills to buy all the Omnipods several times (same for weapons). So when they try to get experience on several mechs they have to switch a lot and it takes time and seems quite annoying. Same for XL engines.

A simple loadout save option which at least tells you which parts you are missing and where they are or whether you have to buy them would be awesome.

#40 Erasmos

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 02:07 PM

I'm actually most amazed at the fact that there are actually people who are so dedicated to trolling, that they actually voted AGAINST having this feature in a mechlab that they (presumably) need to use just like the rest of us. :lol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users