Petition For Stock Mech Game Option

318 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you want a stock Mech game option? (576 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you want a stock Mech game option?

1. Yes! (99 votes [17.19%])

Percentage of vote: 17.19%

2. HELL Yes! (477 votes [82.81%])

Percentage of vote: 82.81%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#101 Lord of All

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 581 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationBottom Of a Bottle

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:21 PM

View PostHiplyRustic, on 03 June 2013 - 04:21 PM, said:

I see, you have nothing. Got it. Thanks for confirming that.

Cheers. ;)

There is nothing to say to an ad hominem, Anyone with the slightest amount of critical thinking know exactly what you post was and will disregard it.It is therefore a waste for me to point that out as I have done here but it looked like you needed your confusion lifted.

If you make a relevant reply then I will answer it but if you continue your childish posts I will refrain from wasting my time. As they say "Never argue with a fool they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. :angry:

#102 paxmortis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts
  • LocationDortmund, Germany

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:42 AM

View PostLord of All, on 03 June 2013 - 10:19 AM, said:

Sounds great but how do you know peops aren't running around with endo and DHS?

We cannot control Endo/FF/DHS, the only we have is the word of the player and his unit. But thats fair enough for us.

As we using in the tourney stock mechs base on 3025 tech listed in that post http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__2343933

The problem will be minimized. Because if you has loaded endo or FF you got only free tonnage. This tonnage could not be used for weapons because that would display on the hud.

Of course you can add ammo, armor, DHS, SHS that will not saw on the first view. But during the trainings the units made since a couple of weeks before the event starts. No unit, not a single player complain about cheating, unfair mech builds etc.

So the word of the player is at the moment fair enough but of course a seperade game mode with queue would be the best.

View PostLord of All, on 03 June 2013 - 10:19 AM, said:

also the thread is in german so it pretty much precludes the rest of us.

The most in the thread is discussion and talk between the units/players, small talk ;)

But if you have questions feel free to ask. I try my best to give you the answers.

View PostWhite Bear 84, on 03 June 2013 - 04:27 PM, said:

While agree with your comments regarding trial mechs - i think this mode would also be good for to players who dont have many C-Bills and players who are starting up or new to the game - going up against cheese and going against the pro's would be pretty daunting for a player who never played before - of course that said, elo... ...wont even get into elo. 90% of matches are still pugstomps.. ..back on tangent, the OP want a mode that is more in line with lore e.g. No cheese, more specific builds e.g. a catapult is a catapult and not a jager! lol

I agree, it would be also could for new players to give them a mode to learn the basics slow. Because the gameplay with stock mechs, most of them with 3025 tech, is much slower. But you learn for my opinion the heat management and ammo management better as in the "Open Class Battles"

I see that game mode idea in a line with car races. It give an open class like it is now and other classed with limitation. Like only stock mechs and/or stock mechs with only 3025 tech.

Later you can add for example a clan tech only mode. Okay for the CW it would open class but for the play under friend. It would be great to have modse like that to chose.

Edited by paxmortis, 04 June 2013 - 12:45 AM.

#103 TheForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:03 PM

fair enough

#104 TheForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:52 PM

can i change my name to StockMechWarrior?

#105 Belorion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:41 AM

For the record, you completely invalidate whatever poll numbers you have by the fact that there isn't a no option.

#106 Lord of All

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 581 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:10 AM

View PostBelorion, on 06 June 2013 - 06:41 AM, said:

For the record, you completely invalidate whatever poll numbers you have by the fact that there isn't a no option.

View PostTheForce, on 28 April 2013 - 09:22 AM, said:

***THIS IS A PETITION NOT A POLL, THEREFORE THERE IS NO OPTION TO VOTE NO***

There was already a poll and 70% of the people surveyed want a stock game mode:

http://mwomercs.com/...only-game-mode/

Maybe you should read the OP before posting numnutts.

#107 TheForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:47 PM

View PostLord of All, on 06 June 2013 - 07:10 AM, said:

Maybe you should read the OP before posting numnutts.

straight up, bro.

#108 Just4Mugs

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 02:59 AM

actually i really like this suggestion, i never really thought about it till this poll but yeah, stock mode would rule!

#109 TheForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:29 AM

View Postboomstickguru, on 07 June 2013 - 02:59 AM, said:

actually i really like this suggestion, i never really thought about it till this poll but yeah, stock mode would rule!

STRAIGHT UP, BRO!

#110 Pater Mors

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 815 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:07 PM

As long as it can be done without splitting the player base too much then I have no issue with it. At present Matchmaker times (for me, in Australia) are really good and I am hesitant to support anything that increases waiting time for players.

With that proviso said, it could definitely be a fun mode to play. I think that you should have to own the chassis (and not have them all supplied free, al la trial mechs) and that when UI 2.0 is introduced there should be a 'Revert To Stock' option to make it easier to jump straight into a queue.

#111 TheForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:47 PM

View PostPater Mors, on 07 June 2013 - 03:07 PM, said:

splitting the player base

i don't even play anymore because the game feels like GenericRobotWarrior, not MechWarrior. isn't this worse than splitting the player base?

#112 Rattazustra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 216 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:36 PM

Stock Mechs only is basically nothing but cheating for everyone with a GOOD stock mech, compared to those with a horrid piece of junk mech, which is almost 95% of all options.

Those mechs who come stock with dual heatsinks for example. They would be at an IMMENSE advantage, compared to those without, given that they got over 10 tons effective equipment more than their non-dual counterparts. Also ammo amounts for all ammo using mechs may be okay for tabletop, but for this game the ammo amounts are laughably low. Energy weapon mechs would be at an immense advantage. Especially if they have double heatsinks.

So no, it would simply not work, because most stock mechs were created to work in a game that MWO simply isn't. They cannot compete among themselves as some stand out so tall that all others disappear in their shadow.

#113 General Taskeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:17 AM

View PostRattazustra, on 08 June 2013 - 07:36 PM, said:

Stock Mechs only is basically nothing but cheating for everyone with a GOOD stock mech, compared to those with a horrid piece of junk mech, which is almost 95% of all options.

Those mechs who come stock with dual heatsinks for example. They would be at an IMMENSE advantage, compared to those without, given that they got over 10 tons effective equipment more than their non-dual counterparts. Also ammo amounts for all ammo using mechs may be okay for tabletop, but for this game the ammo amounts are laughably low. Energy weapon mechs would be at an immense advantage. Especially if they have double heatsinks.

So no, it would simply not work, because most stock mechs were created to work in a game that MWO simply isn't. They cannot compete among themselves as some stand out so tall that all others disappear in their shadow.

Nope.avi. Think outside the box for a moment. Open up your mind to possibilities.

If a stock weapon is considered trash then PGI should balance it correctly. If a Mech comes with SHS, and is vs. DHS, then PGI should balance it correctly. If a Mech comes with ECM, and is versus an LRM Mech, then PGI should balance it correctly. Saying that stock mechs don't work is irresponsible at best, because I have proven they have with weapons that do work.

That game just has poorly balanced mechanics that make some of them largely ineffective.

As far as I'm concerned anyone against optional game modes like "stock only" type things are just being selfish. People just don't want other players to possibly have a more fun and challenging experience, or simply being able to play something that is the spirit of Battle Tech. Not everyone likes to min/max. Even MPBT3025 was Stock. And PGI already said they will consider adding it at launch or sometime after launch, so there is moot point in arguing against its inclusion.

Edited by General Taskeen, 09 June 2013 - 08:18 AM.

#114 TheForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:23 PM

well war z is starting to get my money.

dont' worry PGI. if u ever implement a stock game mode, i'll give u my money, even if i have to go to the river rock to get a loan from a degenerate loan shark.

#115 Rattazustra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 216 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:25 PM

View PostGeneral Taskeen, on 09 June 2013 - 08:17 AM, said:

Saying that stock mechs don't work is irresponsible at best, because I have proven they have with weapons that do work.

Sorry, I wasn't there when you proved that. I am also very ashamed now, because I did not realize the extent of my responsibility for the well being of stock mechs.

issues are not going to disappear.As far as I'm concerned anyone against optional game modes like "stock only" type things are just being selfish.

That is so true and makes so much sense. I admit, I only want all the game modes for myself that do not yet exist and that might make the game as a whole worse for everyone by unnecessarily splitting up the player base and complicating all balancing efforts. No, wait. That does not make sense.

People just don't want other players to possibly have a more fun and challenging experience, or simply being able to play something that is the spirit of Battle Tech. Not everyone likes to min/max.

Making the most of what you can get is pretty much "the way of mankind". Even when we had caves to live in, every sane caveman wanted the cave with the least water coming in from the ceiling, the most defensive entrance and the most pleasant climate.

there is moot point in arguing against its inclusion.

Logic bites. There is also no sense in arguing in favour of it then.

I stick with the point I made. Stock mech matching only leads to a lot of people finding out which few stock mechs are the best and then using them extensively, resulting in extremely boring and predictable matches. And there is nothing to be done about that. Nothing at all. Just splurting the word "balancing" onto the table is pointless. There is no possible way to balance stock mechs. it is literally impossible, because they have never been balanced in the first place and they need to conform to the source from which they are drawn. If they don't, they are not the stock mechs anymore. If they do, they vary a lot in power and utility.

#116 TheForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:24 AM

View PostRattazustra, on 10 June 2013 - 06:25 PM, said:

Stock mech matching only leads to a lot of people finding out which few stock mechs are the best and then using them extensively, resulting in extremely boring and predictable matches.

IM, not so humble O, the same thing happens with custom matches - take the best chassi, and min max it for the FOTM weapons. I remember watching a video of a RHOD 8v8 battle where only 4 chassis were used, and their custom loads were probably 95% the same.

Regardless of Stock or custom, the only way around this is to force restrictions, and this has always been done in player run leagues, BRO.

#117 TheForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:55 AM

i wish i could be spending all the money i'm dumping into war z on stock mechs ;)

#118 Lord of All

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 581 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:38 PM

View PostRattazustra, on 10 June 2013 - 06:25 PM, said:

... Stock mech matching only leads to a lot of people finding out which few stock mechs are the best and then using them extensively, resulting in extremely boring and predictable matches. And there is nothing to be done about that. Nothing at all. Just splurting the word "balancing" onto the table is pointless. There is no possible way to balance stock mechs. it is literally impossible, because they have never been balanced in the first place and they need to conform to the source from which they are drawn. If they don't, they are not the stock mechs anymore. If they do, they vary a lot in power and utility.

This is exactly what happens with the current setup. Your argument is full of Fail.

#119 TheForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:32 AM

View PostLord of All, on 14 June 2013 - 01:38 PM, said:

This is exactly what happens with the current setup. Your argument is full of Fail.

should we submit it to failblog as argument fail?

#120 Lord of All

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 581 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:50 AM

View PostTheForce, on 15 June 2013 - 09:32 AM, said:

should we submit it to failblog as argument fail?

Rotfl

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users