Petition For Stock Mech Game Option

318 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you want a stock Mech game option? (576 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you want a stock Mech game option?

1. Yes! (99 votes [17.19%])

Percentage of vote: 17.19%

2. HELL Yes! (477 votes [82.81%])

Percentage of vote: 82.81%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#261 General Taskeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:04 AM

Indeed they could even sell missing custom stock variants as well, including a missing Catapult, 2 Dragons, an Atlas, and a Stalker. They could also restock a 'Mech automatically with game code. For instance, if someone wants to use a Boar's Head in Stock Mode, they could make it so the game converts it automatically to Danielle's Atlas.

I'm hoping that IF some stock game is added that they include some check boxes for Eras (3025, 3050, or "All", etc.)

Edited by General Taskeen, 28 May 2014 - 08:05 AM.

#262 oldradagast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 08:19 AM

View PostMalleus011, on 28 May 2014 - 07:47 AM, said:

I made the modest suggested a few days ago to for PGI to monetize Stock Mode by selling non-modifiable Stock-only chassis for low(or flat) MC amounts. These 'mechs would come pre-painted with custom art (like Davion Heavy Guards or Death Commandoes) encouraging the collection of a variety of inexpensive Stock Mechs - and giving PGI some actual micro-transaction options. They *can* monetize it without affecting their main game.

That is genius... I didn't think there was a way to make money from stock mechs... well played!

#263 Sable Phoenix

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 73 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:08 AM

Why don't we have a Stock Mech mode yet? Seriously, that would be the only thing I would play. If anyone's ever attended a Stock Mech Monday you know how much more fun it is than the meta-riddled public matches.

Edited by Sable Phoenix, 12 June 2014 - 02:08 AM.

#264 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:57 AM

@Sable Phoenix: I mostly only play the game on stock events and I wish they would add it. Its basically all I did in older games. Its the only thing I want at this point of the game. I would rather be able to play in the larger context of the public by earning c-bills and playing out large battles with pure Battle Tech stock action, its just way more fun.

Edited by General Taskeen, 12 June 2014 - 05:58 AM.

#265 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:18 AM

I'm playing "almost stock" mechs. I fit Endo to add more DHS/ammo but keep the original weapons.
I guess i won't be able to do that with clan mechs, so i'll be running stock clan mechs in the public queue :D

#266 mp00

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 319 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationIn a bottle, Canada

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:28 AM

Yes stock mech option would be great, ability to save different loadouts on a mech could solve this... even if switching between a mech saves the cost to change and charges us the CBills.

Ability to buy a stock mech of the same chassis I already own for a bit cheaper and having a second stable of mechs would be sweet. Love the pre painted idea I hope they have complete paint schemes to buy at some point specific to canon units including decals. Or even 100 MC per each decal.. would love the idea of being able to dress up a mech like Sarahs Jenner

http://mwomercs.com/...91#entry2584491

I would never dream of replacing Sarahs Jenners uniqueness, if given the option I would buy another if it ever was available again.
opps off topic

Yes to Stock Mechs!

#267 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:54 AM

Keeping the dream alive.

Also wrote up an idea on how PGI could make this happen: http://mwomercs.com/...ck-mode-option/

#268 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:45 PM

I voted hell yes, i want the game to switch my gear automaticaly. But a poll with a YES for answer and lacking a NO for another answer isnt a poll, not one that can pretend to have any value :/ just saying.

#269 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:58 PM

No isn't a valid answer though Dayleet. Usually the ones who vote no have no idea what it is, or never played the superior stock mode in MW3/4, or haven't tried it and prefer everyone only play in the Meta Mode, or don't like Mechs having actual differences/roles they are designed for in stock configurations :).

Edited by General Taskeen, 18 June 2014 - 01:59 PM.

#270 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 18 June 2014 - 02:02 PM

View PostGeneral Taskeen, on 18 June 2014 - 01:58 PM, said:

No isn't a valid answer though Dayleet. Usually the ones who vote no have no idea what it is, or never played the superior stock mode in MW3/4, or haven't tried it and prefer everyone only play in the Meta Mode, or don't like Mechs having actual differences/roles they are designed for in stock configurations :).

No, you may not decide that those disagreeing with you are just always wrong. i can see one good reason some wouldnt want that to happen, because they would rather have the man power put elsewhere, and im not here to debate that.

#271 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 18 June 2014 - 02:03 PM

View PostDAYLEET, on 18 June 2014 - 01:45 PM, said:

I voted hell yes, i want the game to switch my gear automaticaly. But a poll with a YES for answer and lacking a NO for another answer isnt a poll, not one that can pretend to have any value :/ just saying.

I think Poll was more so a show of how many people agree. Not to show how many people agree or disagree with the proposal. As with any petition, you don't get signatures for people who agree and who disagree, but only those who agree...

#272 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 18 June 2014 - 02:09 PM

My bad, it DOES say petition in the title.

Edited by DAYLEET, 18 June 2014 - 02:09 PM.

#273 Hellcat420

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:50 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 28 April 2013 - 09:28 AM, said:

not only WAS he on topic, he was right.
And it wasnt rude to point out we already have the option to run this mode, you just use trial mechs

well since there is no option to drop in trial mech only games, we dont have it yet.

#274 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 21 June 2014 - 09:38 AM

"Trial" Mechs as they are in the game at this point in time are not stock designs and do not exist in BT. They are abominations made to be Meta Compliant.

Anyways, the game needs a stock mode selectable for 3025 and 3050. It'll be better for it.

#275 SilentScreamer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 556 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 07:55 AM

View PostGeneral Taskeen, on 21 June 2014 - 09:38 AM, said:

"Trial" Mechs as they are in the game at this point in time are not stock designs and do not exist in BT. They are abominations made to be Meta Compliant.

Anyways, the game needs a stock mode selectable for 3025 and 3050. It'll be better for it.

I would love to have the option...but I am not sure it would help Taskeen.

Stock closer to the spirit of Battletech (the basis for Mechwarrior), as very few pilots would have custom loadout due to time and logistic difficulties plus limit in numbers of skilled techs.

Just like the normal game, certain mechs will be most popular and dominate the Meta of MWO. My guess, in 3050 stock you are going to see a LOT of ECM Ravens like we did in early Stock Monday games....same game, still Meta, just different Meta.

It would be interesting to see how many players would launch stock. I would probably spend at least half my time in Stock, (especially to grind skills ), the other half in Community Warfare (in my custom mechs) and just ignore the current drop mode.

Edited by SilentScreamer, 01 July 2014 - 08:23 AM.

#276 SilentScreamer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 556 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:19 AM

Oops, I meant to edit, not reply to my own post.

Edited by SilentScreamer, 01 July 2014 - 08:22 AM.

#277 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 01 July 2014 - 12:28 PM

View PostSilentScreamer, on 01 July 2014 - 07:55 AM, said:

Just like the normal game, certain mechs will be most popular and dominate the Meta of MWO. My guess, in 3050 stock you are going to see a LOT of ECM Ravens like we did in early Stock Monday games....same game, still Meta, just different Meta.

It would be interesting to see how many players would launch stock. I would probably spend at least half my time in Stock, (especially to grind skills ), the other half in Community Warfare (in my custom mechs) and just ignore the current drop mode.

Certainly a concern, and I have noted that stuff myself since many of us begged PGI to change ECM, because it put a wrench into stock designs (among other things), but for now I think people really would like a true BattleTech experience. Something of an escape from the main mode. And that definitely can be provided with a stock mode option (hopefully separated by Tech 1, Tech 2 or 3025/3050 options).

Many that have attended the stock events have found through tons of play so far that some Mechs that are considered totally useless in the other mode to be extremely good in stock play form, which makes for very refreshing game-play. Sometimes I jokingly refer to Stock play as "Small Laser Meta," because battles can literally get down to the wire, everyone being totally torn apart with nothing left but one weapon each and stuff like that.

And speaking of Community Warfare, its a total drag that it won't be like the CW of MPBT3025, which was stock only Mechs fighting over planets.

I'm not sure what PGI's thoughts are on stock mode, but it was popular in older games. It could be a very good improvement and addition for this game.

#278 Nebelfeuer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:39 AM

Give us Stockmech 3025 mode in a regular queue and I would be willing to play and even pay again.

#279 Lord of All

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 581 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationBottom Of a Bottle

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:01 PM

Been so long since I played this game I can't even remember when it was.

So this still isn't implemented? What a shame.

#280 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:30 PM

View PostLord of All, on 03 July 2014 - 01:01 PM, said:

Been so long since I played this game I can't even remember when it was.

So this still isn't implemented? What a shame.

Unfortunately it hasn't, our pleas haven't been answered.

The community has been holding stock events to raise awareness and bring back the better days of Stock mode in original MW games.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users