Petition For Stock Mech Game Option

318 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you want a stock Mech game option? (576 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you want a stock Mech game option?

1. Yes! (99 votes [17.19%])

Percentage of vote: 17.19%

2. HELL Yes! (477 votes [82.81%])

Percentage of vote: 82.81%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Aym

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:10 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 28 April 2013 - 10:38 AM, said:

I like my idea. You just have to add a button that says "trial mechs only" and add that option to the matchmaker. Or that seems to be the easiest way to do it off hand to me.
They could even monetize that, as I've been saying since Closed Beta.
I'd pay MC to "buy" a trial mech (less than the full MC for the real mech of course) if I could have it stay in my trial mechbay so that I could use my favorite stock mechs forever in the "trial mech queue." As they rotate through you'd have the opportunity to buy the 4 currently available. Anyway, was an idea, didn't seem to get traction with the dev's.

#42 TheForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:28 PM

I've never considered buying a mech for MC...but i'd do it if it would mean a stock game mode!

#43 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:18 PM

View PostAym, on 29 April 2013 - 03:10 PM, said:

They could even monetize that, as I've been saying since Closed Beta.
I'd pay MC to "buy" a trial mech (less than the full MC for the real mech of course) if I could have it stay in my trial mechbay so that I could use my favorite stock mechs forever in the "trial mech queue." As they rotate through you'd have the opportunity to buy the 4 currently available. Anyway, was an idea, didn't seem to get traction with the dev's.

Couldnt you make the mech in your bay what you want by changing the weapons?

#44 Ialti

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:25 PM

View PostStraften, on 29 April 2013 - 11:02 AM, said:

~noise~

Shh.

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 28 April 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

"Trial Mech Mode" + obnoxious noise

You've changed around your advocacy until you want the same thing OP wants. So vote yes and be done with it (and please stop making obnoxious comments and misquoting people to carry on a meaningless argument).

Honestly I could get behind stock modes, but I probably wouldn't play them very often. I'm a tinkerer, and so most of my enjoyment from the game comes from building and trying out new things. Stock mode would offer a nice little break from that, but it wouldn't see much use from my end--and I wonder just how many others feel the same.

tl;dr: do we need it?

#45 blinkin

• 3,195 posts
  • LocationEquestria

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:16 AM

View PostIalti, on 29 April 2013 - 07:25 PM, said:

Shh.

You've changed around your advocacy until you want the same thing OP wants. So vote yes and be done with it (and please stop making obnoxious comments and misquoting people to carry on a meaningless argument).

Honestly I could get behind stock modes, but I probably wouldn't play them very often. I'm a tinkerer, and so most of my enjoyment from the game comes from building and trying out new things. Stock mode would offer a nice little break from that, but it wouldn't see much use from my end--and I wonder just how many others feel the same.

tl;dr: do we need it?

that is probably a more useful poll.

if there was a stock mechs only mode would you play it and how often?

#46 TheForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:18 AM

View Postblinkin, on 30 April 2013 - 01:16 AM, said:

that is probably a more useful poll.

if there was a stock mechs only mode would you play it and how often?

i'm about to give up...why don't u start it?

#47 blinkin

• 3,195 posts
  • LocationEquestria

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:52 AM

View PostTheForce, on 30 April 2013 - 09:18 AM, said:

i'm about to give up...why don't u start it?

dude chill. i was not insulting your mother.

this is the suggestions forum. ideas get posted and i respond with suggestions.

i only bother to make serious suggestions when an idea has basic merit. i expect the same thing on my own threads. it is very rare for someone to do something perfectly the first try, that is why we have an edit button.

#48 TheForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:21 AM

View Postblinkin, on 30 April 2013 - 09:52 AM, said:

i only bother to make serious suggestions when an idea has basic merit. i expect the same thing on my own threads. it is very rare for someone to do something perfectly the first try, that is why we have an edit button.

sorry bro, i didn't mean it like that...i meant i think i give up on the game

#49 Straften

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 405 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:31 AM

View PostTheForce, on 30 April 2013 - 10:21 AM, said:

PM me your account info so I can have that Elite Founder! Woot!

Sorry to hear that.

Edited by Straften, 30 April 2013 - 10:31 AM.

#50 blinkin

• 3,195 posts
  • LocationEquestria

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:31 AM

View PostTheForce, on 30 April 2013 - 10:21 AM, said:

ah.. i already mostly have. anymore i only play when my group of friends gets together and we want to play MWO instead of any number of other games. it has been at least 2 weeks since i last played. i still watch the patch notes and hope, but since the loss of repair and rearm, i am just not very interested.

#51 Ialti

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:37 PM

Still tinkering, I'm afraid. There're too many combinations for me to not always be able to find something interesting.

#52 Syllogy

• 2,698 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:18 AM

Petitions are about as useful as a solar powered flashlight.

Stock mechs are the suck.

#53 Golfin Man

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 162 posts
  • Locationyour flank

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:18 AM

I've always liked the idea of stock mech games, I loved the trial 4J hunchie (it was before ECM of course), I would unload the LRMs as suppression and then let those 6 mediums rip. Yes it was terribly hot but that made it more intense.

The drawback to this idea that I've seen presented in similar threads is that the most powerful stock mechs would start to be overused. Aka the 3 PPC 8Q would become the new "poptart," aka high dmg alpha (although the awesome could use some love :P). Although I would love to have 4G duels.

#54 TheForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:52 AM

View PostGolfin Man, on 01 May 2013 - 08:18 AM, said:

The drawback to this idea that I've seen presented in similar threads is that the most powerful stock mechs would start to be overused. Aka the 3 PPC 8Q would become the new "poptart," aka high dmg alpha (although the awesome could use some love :P). Although I would love to have 4G duels.

Its the same for custom battles too. MW2, 3, 4, and MWO come down to the best chassis and best weapons. MWO is a little different from the other MW's cause they release new content and you get the FOTM builds.

The only way around this is to enforce restrictions which was usually done in leagues.

Edited by TheForce, 01 May 2013 - 08:53 AM.

#55 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:55 PM

View Postblinkin, on 30 April 2013 - 09:52 AM, said:

Youd be better off going back to Deep Periphery and pumping yourself up in those circle jer... self inflating threads you guys have been making. You sound much better there

#56 blinkin

• 3,195 posts
  • LocationEquestria

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:06 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 01 May 2013 - 03:55 PM, said:

Youd be better off going back to Deep Periphery and pumping yourself up in those circle jer... self inflating threads you guys have been making. You sound much better there

do you feel better now? has finding me and randomly ranting about me made things better?

i thought Buddah was supposed to be more of a live and let live sort of guy.

edit: if you want to join some of our self pumping, come visit k-town. currently we are having an in depth debate about the best way to wear watermellons.

Edited by blinkin, 01 May 2013 - 04:14 PM.

#57 Seth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 785 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:20 PM

I would love to have a stock only mode. The idea of trying to recreate the feel of BattleTech something I would love to do. I'm sure anyone who would want to play in a stock Mech league feels the same way. There are quite a number of problems with this though in MechWarrior Online, at least right now.

Stock Mech mode: Right now, server admins or hosts do not have the option of setting a stock only game type. That restricts us to using either one of four available stock Mechs. Three is we choose not to include the player made one. That doesn't leave a lot of variety for Mech choices. Requiring people to rebuild the stock loadouts on their Mechs to play in this league isn't an option either. I've switched all of my Mechs over to using double heat sinks, and I won't pay to keep switching back and forth when I am either playing in the stock or custom game. The third option of leaving the stock weapon loadout is probably the most practical one as the game currently is. People can plainly see what the other team is using. But it does somewhat defeat the purpose of using a stock only league.

My main goal is finding a way for players to try to recreate that sense of BattleTech that a number of people are looking for. Just as there is a number of people out there who would love a 3rd person view, even if that moves the game away from a simulator feel, there are a large number of people who would love the ability to get even more hardcore than what we have now.

Edited by Seth, 01 May 2013 - 08:25 PM.

#58 TheForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:05 PM

View PostSeth, on 01 May 2013 - 08:20 PM, said:

I would love to have a stock only mode. The idea of trying to recreate the feel of BattleTech something I would love to do. I'm sure anyone who would want to play in a stock Mech league feels the same way.

My main goal is finding a way for players to try to recreate that sense of BattleTech that a number of people are looking for.

exactly.

#59 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:12 PM

I'm quite sure that if we did have a stock mech mode I'd be playing this game a LOT more right now.

#60 TheForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:52 AM

View PostColonel Pada Vinson, on 02 May 2013 - 07:12 PM, said:

I'm quite sure that if we did have a stock mech mode I'd be playing this game a LOT more right now.

Me too. I'm pretty much done with MWO until this is an option.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users