Mouse Cursor On Screen In Match

65 replies to this topic

#21 SnyperKill

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:18 PM

I don't know about the rest of you players, but this is a real crappy bug that needs fixing quickly. This is BS that the game went live and still has this bug. This should have been taken care of prior to launch.

#22 kuangmk11

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 627 posts
  • LocationW-SEA, Cascadia

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:42 AM

This has gotten worse with the last couple of patches. I have resorted to more external fixes (swapscreen, similar to cursor lock) to keep my cursor on the correct monitor

#23 Cest7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,781 posts
  • LocationMaple Ditch

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:13 PM

Client restart is the only workaround. Don't tab untill the UI has loaded.

#24 sh4rpedge

• PipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 81 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:07 AM

Got the mousepointer issue yesterday after a couple of matches in. I thought this bug was fixed. Havent seen it since before summer.

#25 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:21 AM

View Postkuangmk11, on 19 September 2013 - 11:42 AM, said:

This has gotten worse with the last couple of patches. I have resorted to more external fixes (swapscreen, similar to cursor lock) to keep my cursor on the correct monitor

Yeah, not liking cursor lock much, it seems a little problematic, plus you have to set it up for each app.
swapscreen's concept of "lock the cursor to this screen" seems a lot simpler.

Edited by evilC, 21 September 2013 - 09:21 AM.

#26 TheSkogemann

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:28 PM

Please fix this... i got this bug after the latest "hotfix" (Hotfixes are ment to swat bugs like these)

#27 Qurin

• Pip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 11 posts
  • LocationEverywhere and yet nowhere

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:12 PM

yee.. it hapens when you have multi screen on... you need too block on or fix on active window (blocked it until you switch it on/off). it should eliminate bug with multi screen (block mouse pointer on active window so that it can`t atempt to "jump" away) or you can simply turn it off (multi screen option for eg. show one screen on all monitors)

of course there are others solutions but it depends on your systems and programs you are using (eg. Asus SmartDoctor was the cause for my system that severely drop the FPS in some games).

Know your system! ;D

#28 Skarik

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:10 PM

Got this bug since last maintainance. Don't use multiscreen or anything... :)

Edited by Skarik, 29 October 2013 - 12:11 PM.

#29 Tallan

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:39 PM

This has also been impacting me regularly, but it's been just in recent matches. I can't get the cursor to go away in the match. I have been experimenting to see if it's related to clicking on chat elements in combination with the ready button, but even when I don't click ready (and have people glare at me) it still shows up. It might be that once it appears it stays present in the client until you close and restart it.

#30 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:42 PM

Out of interest, I got the mouse cursor bug the other day, and the cursor was locked to the main monitor - I could not accidentally move the cursor onto my side monitors like I could before.

It looks like they have fixed that aspect of it now, at least.

#31 Luto

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:09 AM

PGI

This is high frequency bug. Although it has a low severity, the high frequency makes it a priority fix.

Also to delay this fix until UI 2.0 your choice, but unless it is a thorny issue that will be fixed in UI 2.0, it should be fixed now. It looks pretty unprofessional. All the serious players Alt Tab to their voice coms frequently.

Also it appears to be getting worse as of two weeks ago.

Please spend some time investigating this issue and at least reply with a resolution:

Won't fix until UI 2.0
or Fixed in Patch xxxx

Thank you.

Luto

#32 Cest7

• Philanthropist
  • 1,781 posts
  • LocationMaple Ditch

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:25 PM

I've submitted countless 10 support tickets over the last year about this but I've gotten fed up.

Once UI 2.0 launches i'll go back to spamming support.

Edited by Cest7, 31 October 2013 - 01:08 PM.

#33 Pkunk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 121 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:18 AM

I still have this :)

#34 RichAC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:45 PM

View PostKarl Split, on 05 May 2013 - 12:55 PM, said:

With me it seems tied to alt tabbing. When it happens I find it happens with each subsequent match until a restart, or at least it did the other night and I tried opening/closing map, alt tabbing and losing focus on mwo then going back into it but nothing seemed to fix it.

doesn't happen often and hasn't happen in a while,  but this is what causes it for me too. When i alt tab to another open window on the desktop. Like a youtube vid on firefox for example.

Edited by RichAC, 29 December 2013 - 10:45 PM.

#35 smokefield

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Locationalways on

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:36 AM

alt-tab is what causes this but only if you alt -tab when game changes resolution. So if you wait until you are in the start screen ..waiting for that time to pass..you can alt tab without having the bug..but if you alt-tab during the loading screens you may get it.

so - the easy fix is to launch the game then wait for the game screen to load..hit ready button then you can alt tab without having the bug.

#36 Foo Don Fah

• Pip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:32 PM

Happens all the damn time when I try to run it in full screen mode. This is especially problematic if you use multiple monitors, since if your cursor strays into the other monitor you will constantly be closing the game screen. How the hell is this not fixed after this many months? The money grab over clan tech, the ever delayed community warfare, and the equally delayed UI 2.0 "upgrade" are one thing. This bug has existed without resolution for months. The "fix" can't seriously be to suffer through an entire match and then restart the client every time this bug appears, to just never ever alt-tab, or to never run the game in full screen. Completely incomprehensible. Waiting for Star Citizen at this point.

#37 RichAC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:06 AM

it hasn't happened to me in like a month and i play everyday, constantly alt tabbing and run full screen.  I really think its a fluke thing. Its only happened to me a couple times and once was when i was watching a youtube vid.

Edited by RichAC, 31 December 2013 - 12:07 AM.

#38 Shismar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:30 AM

View PostRichAC, on 31 December 2013 - 12:06 AM, said:

it hasn't happened to me in like a month and i play everyday, constantly alt tabbing and run full screen. I really think its a fluke thing. Its only happened to me a couple times and once was when i was watching a youtube vid.

It is still around and happens to me on a regular base. Usually 5-8 games and the mouse pointer does not disappear when the match starts. Trivial issue that could even be solved with a shortcut key that relocks the mouse as a workaround. But nah, that would actually take a couple minutes of programming. Can't have that in MWO ...

Single screen setup too. The multi monitor issues are still a different beast. I am only praying that at some point someone will take a look at those.

#39 RichAC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:06 PM

View PostShismar, on 07 January 2014 - 10:30 AM, said:

It is still around and happens to me on a regular base. Usually 5-8 games and the mouse pointer does not disappear when the match starts. Trivial issue that could even be solved with a shortcut key that relocks the mouse as a workaround. But nah, that would actually take a couple minutes of programming. Can't have that in MWO ...

Single screen setup too. The multi monitor issues are still a different beast. I am only praying that at some point someone will take a look at those.

thats weird. and you aren't alt tabbing to desktop? Try putting vsync on maybe?

#40 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:45 AM

View PostShismar, on 07 January 2014 - 10:30 AM, said:

It is still around and happens to me on a regular base. Usually 5-8 games and the mouse pointer does not disappear when the match starts.

Dude.. I guess you missed this guys Post !

What he said is correct.. Alt-Tabbing when the game is changing resolution during the 'Black Screen' transition is the number 1 cause of this problem.

DO NOT ALT-Tab during that period it will prevent 99% of the cursor bug issue from occuring.

View Postsmokefield, on 30 December 2013 - 12:36 AM, said:

alt-tab is what causes this but only if you alt -tab when game changes resolution. So if you wait until you are in the start screen ..waiting for that time to pass..you can alt tab without having the bug..but if you alt-tab during the loading screens you may get it.

so - the easy fix is to launch the game then wait for the game screen to load..hit ready button then you can alt tab without having the bug.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users