#41 Mad Strike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLima , Peru

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:59 PM

View PostKarl Split, on 03 May 2013 - 12:32 PM, said:

Anyone else get the mouse cursor on the screen during match as well as your crosshair?

I get it all the time and it annoys the ### out of me

Alt-TAB and will happen sometimes.

Well...in my case

#42 Cylian

• PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:25 AM

Can we get a fix for this sometime soon?
This thread was started a year ago, yet this bug is still around. And since UI2.0 it seems to happen a lot more often.
Would be alright if there'd be some other workaround than restarting the entire client.

#43 PieRat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 129 posts
  • LocationSoutheast of Disorder

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:38 PM

Not sure if it has been mentioned yet, but when I have had this problem and I am in a match the only temporary workaround I have with the cursor present is to open the mini map up full screen then pull my mouse cursor all the way down to the bottom of the screen as far as it will go. then close the mini-map. What this does is effectively move the mouse cursor to the bottom of the screen for the most part. I say that because during the course of the game it does sometimes seem to creep back up, but that could be from me opening map/hitting tab or "Q" as well. It is a small help till they fix it or you can shut down and reboot the client.

#44 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:02 AM

This used to happen a bunch, then they sort of fixed it (If it did happen, mouse cursor could not go off screen in multi-monitor), now we are back to square one.

Looks like PGI love a nice regression bug to spice things up a little.

#45 Ra-ul

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 122 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:51 PM

I experienced this today as well. I also had constant switchbacks to the desktop when using my fourth mouse button, which I use for zoom (nasty). I had this on my laptop before, but never on my workstation.

#46 BladeXXL

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,099 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:16 AM

it mostly happens when you watch flash-based videos (especially in fullscreen) while waiting for matchmaker and dropping.

EDIT: flash-based means youtube and simmilar.

Edited by BladeXXL, 21 February 2014 - 04:17 AM.

#47 Paco Bell

Rookie

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:03 PM

Please fix this. I have been turned to slag too many times because of it.

#48 DustyOldBones

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:35 PM

I have been having the same issue since I started playing a few days ago. I have dual-monitors so it's even worse because the cursor will move onto the other monitor and when I click the game gets minimized. Today I noticed that if I switch the game from one video mode to another(fullscreen to fullscreen windowed, for example) it fixes the problem, unless I alt+tab again. If this works for other people then maybe a fix would be to have the game automatically change and then change back your video mode before each match.

#49 Amvel

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • LocationРоссийская Федерация, Санкт-Петербург

Posted 29 May 2014 - 07:57 AM

I cannot playing in full screen mode because TV-picture on a second monitor freezes when a match starts. Devs please, create a patch for mouse pointer holding in borders of MWO window, when MWO window is active and pilot is alive.

Edited by Amvel, 29 May 2014 - 07:58 AM.

#50 DEMAX51

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 29 May 2014 - 09:30 AM

If you're using two monitors, and you Alt-Tab out of MWO, when you're returning to the MWO window, first make sure that the cursor is over the MWO window, and then Atl-Tab back in - you won't have the problem any more.

If you leave the cursor outside of the MWO window before you Alt-Tab back in, the cursor does not lock to MWO and you can still click something on your other monitor.

If you just "click" the MWO window to return, instead of using Alt-Tab to get back in, the cursor will not lock either.

Again - move the cursor back to the MWO window (but DO NOT CLICK), and THEN Alt-Tab back in - the cursor will now be locked to the window. Problem solved.

Edited by DEMAX51, 29 May 2014 - 09:32 AM.

#51 sabujo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:48 PM

This happens with me as well. Mostly after I ALT+TAB while win full screen. Then I have to restart the game in order to make the cursor go away.

#52 sabujo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 05:37 PM

Problem still occurs. DX9, Fullscreen, after random Alt+Tab.
In Fullwindow it is not a problem.

#53 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:38 AM

+1 for this problem.

I end up hitting ESC then moving the mouse right to the bottom of the screen then hitting ESC again and at least it hides that pesky rodent down by the dashboard for a little while and not in your face eating all your chocolate.

(Yes i know old problem dug up but never fixed as usual)

#54 Team Chevy86

• The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationDue North

Posted 26 July 2014 - 08:08 AM

Yes, but its only ever happened twice. A huge pain in the ass. I find myself following at the mouse instead of the crosshairs and I shoot at nothingness lol

#55 deathlord

• PipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 88 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:06 AM

If you do not have MWO in focus when the mech startup animation commences at the beginning of the match, you'll experience many of the cursor and focus issues described here. You can freely interact with browsers, other monitors, whatever with MWO out of focus or minimized, as long as you have MWO back in focus before the pre-match countdown expires and the startup animation begins.

I run in borderless full window and typically have my browser up while waiting for match start. I've developed the habit of, immediately after the startup animation completes and you have HUD and control of your mech, hitting alt-tab twice to leave MWO and then return focus to it (alt-tab, release, alt-tab again. Don't just hold alt and tab through until you're back to MWO: you have to explicitly lose and regain application focus). This ensures MWO captures the mouse and I don't click onto another monitor's desktop when I first attempt to fire weapons.

This alt-tab habit is easy if you're running windowed or borderless since there's no GPU mode-switch when leaving or returning focus to the 3D application. If you run MWO in exclusive full screen it's a little more obnoxious and time consuming.

Some users may have other focus related issues that this doesn't solve, but the one I've described is reliably reproduceable.

Edited by deathlord, 27 July 2014 - 06:10 AM.

#56 Iyica de Tylmarande

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 101 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 08:58 PM

Still getting this bug quite regularly :(

#57 Leandero

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 07:24 AM

Hello 2015 hello 3+ year old bug... as a new player I always get this bug if I alt tab...

#58 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 04 January 2015 - 10:21 AM

I also I also have the issue of the extra cursor on the screen. Early on I would get it every once in awhile but I have not had the extra cursor on the game screen. What happens now is that cursor is now behind the game, on the desktop. And if the mouse happens to be over a desktop icon or system tray when you press the 1st mouse button a program may be activated.

I thought I had resolved it but I did not. It does not happen as often but it still does.

http://mwomercs.com/...ow-key-related/

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 04 January 2015 - 10:48 AM.

#59 WANTED

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 611 posts
  • LocationFt. Worth, TX

Posted 13 March 2015 - 04:18 AM

This bug sucks! getting me killed so much now cause I use 2 monitors and need too for my other work software and I Don't want to have to keep switching the cables constantly. I have to go to task managed when it's connecting cause it will flash forever back and forth. Then I get in game with cursor bug...ok not bad annoying but not bad. But when cursor moves to far off I get thrown out of game and usually right in a brawl so when I come back I am half dead or dead. Grrr!!!!

#60 Dead Life

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 20 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 05 April 2015 - 03:26 PM

I've started getting this bug as well but it didn't start till after someting not covered here happened. I was in a cw match then started getting a crash loop, crashed out loged back into the game and rejoined the match to crash out again a few seconds later maknig it unplayable so I changed on recommendation to forced 64bit. That worked but the overwolf overlay started not worknig like it did under 32 bit mode so I changed back to 32 bit and bam I got the mouse cursor during combat bug and its not seeming to leave.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users