100 replies to this topic

#41 BlueSanta

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 373 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:23 PM

Very disappointed that UI 2.0 has been delayed. I was hoping for it by the end of this month.

You can't release Canyons without doing something to reduce the amount of poptarting the sniping going on. Seriously, people will give you the finger and not come back for week, months, or ever.

#42 Wieland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 755 posts
  • LocationKitzingen, Bolan Province, Protectorate of Donegal, Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:27 PM

CW Phase 1 and 12 vs 12 delayed again.

#43 skullman86

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:57 PM

I am really looking forward to sensors and the UAV, but these are going to destroy ECM if the other proposed changes go through. I dislike ECM dominance as much as the next guy, but with this announcement (coming right after the weapon balance post), I believe the proposed ECM changes are going to take the current balance problems and turn them on their head. Let sensors and UAVs go out in the patch and use the data gained to make adjustments to ECM.

-BAP is going to negate it at short range
-Players will be able to see friendly markers
-Can only be slotted in a specific area
-PPC vulnerability
-Sensors will allow players to locate mechs before even entering the "bubble"
-UAV ignores it

At this rate, the ranges people will be forced to use ECM at are going to be so far from combat that no one would have been able to target them in the first place lol. Everyone will run sensors, BAP, UAV, or a combination of the three and there will be no room in the meta for players to disrupt enemies anymore.

#44 Otto Cannon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,689 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:01 PM

View PostFeatherwood, on 03 May 2013 - 01:59 PM, said:

Can anybody explain what makes Seismic Sensor better than 360 Target Retention?

Yes. Target Retention only keeps target info on a single mech which you already have targeted, Seismic Sensor would detect mechs you wouldn't otherwise see at all. If a scout mech approached from behind you, or a couple of enemy were moving on the other side of cover nearby, Seismic Sensor would show them on your radar but Target Retention would be utterly useless.

#45 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:23 PM

View PostThontor, on 03 May 2013 - 07:04 PM, said:

360 target retention is still useful for maintaining a lock for a teammate's LRMs to launch on from behind cover, without you having to be facing the target the whole time.

I know LRMs aren't very popular right now... But neither were PPCs at one point ;)

From what he said on seismic sensor it wont give you a lock, only show you enemy movement within 200m. 360 should still be useful.

#46 Monsoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:12 PM

Gotta say, when I saw that the Hero Mech was named Misery, I got the image of a Stalker and I'm surprised I was right. I had figured they'd of gone with a Light Mech as we only have the Death's Knell so far. Well, now that all the Assaults have either a Hero or Founder option I guess we won't be seeing another one soon...(though I hope I'm wrong on that since I want Danielle's Atlas as a Hero Mech.)

Also, I'm looking forward to the Seismic Detection Module, that's a pleasant little surprise. ;)

#47 Otto Cannon

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,689 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:41 PM

View PostThontor, on 03 May 2013 - 07:04 PM, said:

360 target retention is still useful for maintaining a lock for a teammate's LRMs to launch on from behind cover, without you having to be facing the target the whole time.

I know LRMs aren't very popular right now... But neither were PPCs at one point ;)

Just to clarify btw, I only meant that Seismic Sensors would be better and Target Retention would be useless in that particular situation, not that it's useless at what it does. I was just trying to point out that if you want to detect sneaky hidden mechs then SS works and TR doesn't, but as you say, if you want to hold a target lock for your LRM mechs while dodging around then TR works and SS would be useless.

#48 Ragashar

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 61 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:08 PM

What this shows us is that whiners gonna whine... No matter what you do. The biggest QQ topics are largely covered in the next two updates and still a whole bunch of QQ going on here.

You people do realize that adding new stuff is hard as you have to thoroughly test the stuff before release so it won't create a new bunch of problems... They are probably working on the big things to come out when they are ready to remove the beta tag from the game.

Weapon balance, UI/Hud fixes, crash fixes and new mech and new map and you are still disappointed... If you are, you are a whiner and should be blocked from forum posting on internet...

#49 Stoicblitzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:25 PM

View PostCagaLeche, on 03 May 2013 - 03:07 PM, said:

It's probably a stretch...
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Stalker

nice find, detective.

#50 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,365 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:47 PM

I am excited about "pain schemes" but i do not exactly understand how it works...

#51 Brut4ce

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 364 posts
  • LocationLand's End

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:46 PM

Looks like an exciting month coming up ^_^ Keep up the good work ;)

#52 Jay Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Deadset Legend
  • Deadset Legend
  • 436 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:57 AM

Wow, the mech of J. Elliot Jamison. A true hero mech if there ever was one. The other stuff for May looks great too.

So...... anyone want to lend me 6.5k MC?

#53 TheMagician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 779 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:02 AM

No announcement on phase 1.
No announcement on 12v12.

Maybe it will still happen in May, but now we probably have to start thinking June.

#54 The Mech behind you

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationGermany, Northern Baden-Württemberg

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:24 AM

That Champion Jenner. Any informations about that?

#55 catziller

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:24 AM

Thx 4 posting this on the main page ^_^ 2 get some information about upcommings is sometime very difficult , thx alot Shu-I Catziller

#56 zer0imh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 581 posts
  • LocationFomalhaut

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:35 AM

View PostTheMagician, on 04 May 2013 - 03:02 AM, said:

No announcement on phase 1.
No announcement on 12v12.

Maybe it will still happen in May, but now we probably have to start thinking June.

think july to be sure.

#57 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:10 AM

View Postssm, on 03 May 2013 - 01:35 PM, said:

/Tinfoil hats on/

If we get another hero Assault, it'll probably be Stalker (although I can't imagine viable but not OP hardpoint set)

Specifically it's a Stalker with 5 energy (4 arms, 1 CT), 3 missiles (2 arms, 1 RT), and at least one LT ballistic slot.

Specifically it's a Stalker with 5 energy (4 arms, 1 CT), 1 missile (1 RT), and one LT ballistic slot. ^_^

Edited by Koniving, 09 May 2013 - 02:32 PM.

#58 Dasein

• PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:55 PM

Why blackjack not flea?

#59 ssm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:58 PM

View PostDasein, on 04 May 2013 - 01:55 PM, said:

Why blackjack not flea?

They are fixing netcode to remove current speed cap so they can implement MASC alongside with releasing Flea.

#60 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:53 PM

How come there's nothing about 12v12 or Missile HSR? ;) :huh: :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users