"crosses fingers in hope of good news".

#83 Sentinel373

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 317 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:31 PM

Hi guys
First of I cant talk about what I've talked about with Brent so don't ask.

Second I had a friend of mine paint some of these miniatures after I butchered the Raven and he's finished the K2 and I felt like sharing. You'll notice the pose on this one is different than on the one I have, that's because this is a new mini I printed for his birthday. He also has 2 more so stay tuned for more pics.

Enjoy
Posted Image

#84 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:34 PM

Looks great. And how's the Raven painting going? ;)

#85 Tirick Fire

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 172 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:32 AM

Unbelievable! Your work on this is nothing short of breathtaking. I love my paper modeling, but this work you have done is clearly the future of tabletop gaming. That K2 is incredible!

#86 DasFreshMaker

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationAjax, Ontario

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:35 AM

Looks really good. Love the detail and the pose.

#87 Valcrow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:05 AM

Looks awesome! Like the pose and toe curl.

Printed in one go with support material?

#88 Sentinel373

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 317 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:14 AM

yep printed in one piece. the rocks and stuff he added added himself. he ask me to give it a walking pose. so i made one foot hover over the ground and made the toes contact the base (to ensure one leg doesnt carry all the weight and break) and he just slid a rock prop under it and now its awesome :P

#89 Viper69

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,204 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:16 AM

View PostSentinel373, on 21 May 2013 - 02:31 PM, said:

Hi guys
First of I cant talk about what I've talked about with Brent so don't ask.

We can all respect that and I hope everyone does. I know I would like some for my Btech games down in my mancave.

#90 PropagandaWar

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:59 AM

Such an Awesome Job!

#91 XMARXdotCOM

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 18 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:21 PM

You've done an excellent job of modeling these. These would be great as 15mm resin models (currently very popular scale).

I've been resin casting for a number of years now with a focus toward the Battletech Universe and would gladly help anyway that I could.

I don't know who all we would need to talk to about getting permission to produce these, I imagine the list is large, but if somehow this comes about and you need some help with this, please contact me directly I'll be glad to give assistance any way that I can.

Brian
Xmarx.com

#92 Hugh Fairgrove

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 120 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:15 AM

Sentinel, love your work man. Alex Iglesias's designs are I think truly the best thing that has happened to BT/MW in a long time. You really beat me to it. I've wanted to do this for a while, but I haven't got my new personal laptop workstation till a few weeks ago. Now it’s all about getting my hands on some software. Will probably end up using student versions for what I need. Cash is a bit tight at the moment. That and I've been thinking about purchasing a Makerbot Replicator 2 soon as well. Had a question for you though. What model printer did you guys use? Your materials look like clear ABS, but I could be wrong. You might have mentioned it on another thread, but it slips my mind at the moment if you did.

I'm probably going to run into the same issue as you on the back end as well. I've never painted tabletop figures ever. Maybe I need to find a friend to do the work for me if they would be kind enough. I got to start asking my friends that play D&D if they know anyone.

Also I had another idea as well. I'm sure this has been done with other TT figures and it’s not to original, but you can always design a slot for a small circular magnet on the bottom. Being that most of us are working with CAD models this is pretty simple. Especially if you’re going to 3d print them. This way you can design or buy a box with a magnetic bottom and if you ever want to transport them you won’t have to worry about them sliding around inside if you don’t have something to protect them.

Anyways I look forward to seeing your work in the future and I'll be sure to post anything I start working on. Also to everyone else; I’m sure Brent was just making sure that anything Sent is making is for personal use only. Like the man said it’s a legal minefield when it comes to this stuff.

#93 Sentinel373

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 317 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:36 PM

with a little bit of creativity you wouldnt even need to use magnets, you could model pegs and holes where the arms attach etc. and print the limbs seperatly from the body. but thus far that has been more effort than wanted to put into these figures. i just wanted cool figures i could play battletech with that didn't look as dated as the official ones. the MWO mechs are a perfect fit for that.

#94 Skadi

• 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:13 PM

Will your friend paint my 40K miniatures o.o j/k, although when you get a fully posable atlas, then we'll talk $ :P

Edited by Skadi, 23 May 2013 - 07:14 PM.

#95 Sentinel373

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 317 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:03 PM

ladies and gents. I present Bravo lance.

The stalker, Jagermech, Jenner and the Hunchback.
Posted Image

These will be sent off to the printer later this week.
Enjoy.

#96 Hayden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:13 PM

Man... I'd buy these in quantity...

#97 Faschist Hippy

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:55 PM

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

#98 Deengoh

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationTexas!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:08 PM

Those are fantastic! I have access to a 3D printer and have been looking for a way to print some TT sized mechs. Hopefully something good comes from this.

What software did you use to create the models?

#99 Sentinel373

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 317 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:29 PM

View PostDeengoh, on 24 May 2013 - 05:08 PM, said:

Those are fantastic! I have access to a 3D printer and have been looking for a way to print some TT sized mechs. Hopefully something good comes from this.

What software did you use to create the models?

I use Autodesk Maya,

in other news, Bravo lance is off to the printers, expect photo's next week. in the meantime, back to working on the 1/60th scale catapult

Edited by Sentinel373, 25 May 2013 - 02:33 PM.

#100 Ozric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationSunny Southsea

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:22 PM

Unbelievable. Outstanding. Astonishing. Stupendous. Words can scarcely describe such wonder.

Fantabulous.

Edit: Also, the 2xPPC+(LT)gauss K2 is my exact build, my EXACT build. One of my primary mechs made manifest. Ye gads.

Edited by Ozric, 28 May 2013 - 12:40 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users