227 replies to this topic

#141 Nicholas Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:55 PM

View PostHugh Fairgrove, on 07 May 2013 - 03:54 PM, said:

So no custom colors for Founders, just hero mechs?

Yup.

#142 aniviron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:56 PM

Haven't found anything bad with this patch, and there's some good stuff. I like the selection of trial mechs (with the exception of the HGH-732). Seeing a lot of the new stalker which is good, because Misery loves company.

Oh, and the new damage effect is SWEET! Much much better than the old one. I dig it. The Buccaneer skin also looks great, though it's a bit too expensive for my tastes.

#143 Alpha087

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raptor
  • The Raptor
  • 209 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:21 PM

This patch distracted me from the game's actual problems for a whole hour.

Congrats PGI, now off to play something else.

#144 Psikez

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:38 PM

View PostGrimlockONE, on 07 May 2013 - 01:58 PM, said:

Thank god Neverwinter went open beta and I can play a game with content, stable environment, and the "WANT" for player generated content.

Simple solution to the lack of content in this patch is to give this community the same tools and ability to generate maps and mech models. Obviously they would need to go through a checks and balances from PGI but it would alleviate the burden and allow all resources on to building a game to play.

I'm tired of this mantra from PGI that player generated content would be sub par. I am sure most of it would meet if not exceed the standards I have seen so far. Hell, the maps implement as they stand have many issues still unresolved from closed beta. What does PGI have by giving the community the tools to help make this game a success. I guess the captains at the helm would rather the ship sink knowing they did their way, then to have the ship go down because they released community tools.

I should amend to this that I still play the game, but am deeply frustrated by the grand secrecy around many critical aspects of the game. With Neverwinter out I have not played a match in two or three days. I patched the game today, logged in, and logged right out knowing that I will not be missing any important event.

When was the last time you saw any of us settling in for some matches?
None of us really wants to play this game right now :)
Everyones playing neverwinter or STO or planetside 2

Edited by Psikez, 07 May 2013 - 04:40 PM.

#145 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:04 PM

Let's please reserve this thread for maybe discussing the Patch, MW:O, and other May-Release stuff. If you want to talk about other games, then you can post in the Off Topic section of the forums where you can host conversations about other games, like Hawken, Planetside, etc.

#146 Kai Lui

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 42 posts
  • LocationChoas March

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:08 PM

Known Issues

- HUD issues.
- We will be pushing a hot fix for this issue as soon as it is addressed.

becareful on fixing too meny issues on the hud... these IIS mechs have known issues ... IE MINI Maps failing... command maps failing... once in a blue moon the Friend foe identifier fails... yes it happends more offten in some mechs then others things like mantatance are issues.... cataphrac is a mech that is produced that in the books and novels n sutch is plaged buy electronic issues... non the less... other things in the HUD vanishing is well... kinda wierd. ;p
cheers and good job guys... the game is moving nicely.

#147 Psikez

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:14 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 07 May 2013 - 05:04 PM, said:

Let's please reserve this thread for maybe discussing the Patch, MW:O, and other May-Release stuff. If you want to talk about other games, then you can post in the Off Topic section of the forums where you can host conversations about other games, like Hawken, Planetside, etc.

Fair enough mate. Just dissapointed this patch and tired of the take the phract or highlander or don't bother meta.
Maybe just chaulk it up to beta fatigue but I was still full on steamroller into MWO up until the last couple patches here.

I am happy I can take my jenner out for a spin once and a while and not get torn up by ravens

Bucaneer pattern is cool if you're into that kind of thing

Edited by Psikez, 07 May 2013 - 05:15 PM.

#148 Joe Mallad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:31 PM

just feels like quality content is not coming fast enough or offten enough. We need a new game type. There are still many many mechs that dont have roles as role warfare seems to be non-existant. The game LOOKS good on the eyes and the mech designes are GRAET! But the game play is REALLY lacking.

#149 Baby Bear

• PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:52 PM

Role warfare has all but gone out the window. Especially for Lights. I don't see anyone using support LRMs. Lights have taken the back seat so that all they can do is cap and they don't even get any points for it. All the XP goes to Heavies and Assaults which are now engaged in PopTart Warfare between Highlanders and Cataphracts. The game feels a lot less Mechwarrior than a few patches ago. I agree in the mechs look great and I do like the larger maps such as Alpine. Still.... I'd like to see the LRM Cats back or even Stalker LRMs. NARC is is still broke and they should fix by making any NARC beacon stick for the entire match and giving a bonus to LRM mechs. I'd even allow it to stack if your silly enough to get hit by multiple NARCs. Seriously, anyone even use these things? I'd award XP for base capping and capping conquest points based on how much you capped the target point. Even if you lose. This will give Lights incentive to capture stuff not that they have a choice these days.

Don't get me wrong. Jenners and Ravens can still do some impressive damage but the amount of PPCs and Gauss flying on the battlefield is ridiculous these days. I don't have anything against boaters or even the damage but hey give the quick mediums and Lights something to do. Give them Sensor points or automated Turrets to capture to aid the team. Something...

#150 Belorion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:57 PM

View PostSable Dove, on 07 May 2013 - 03:34 PM, said:

So... an extra week to do what? Delay the patch a week and in that week accomplish so little that it's one of the lightest patches thusfar (so much so that they had to include a part of the notes for the next patch as padding), at a time when the game is in serious need of fixing.

Delay? I thought the patch came out today. What delay are you talking about?

#151 Michael Costanza

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 258 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:58 PM

Eh, well, in canon MW:O, NARC did suck and planets weren't won with lights. All the talk about bumping up MGs or single heat sinks kinda neglects the history of the game. The issue for me, in the last month or so, have been the darn disconnects. I'm fine with a hold on content for a bit more stability.

#152 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:58 PM

Right now Stalkers are dominating the field because of the hero mech... I expect to see this trend for the current FOTM. I don't think it's the worst thing in the world.

#153 Baby Bear

• PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:08 PM

View PostMichael Costanza, on 07 May 2013 - 05:58 PM, said:

Eh, well, in canon MW:O, NARC did suck and planets weren't won with lights. All the talk about bumping up MGs or single heat sinks kinda neglects the history of the game. The issue for me, in the last month or so, have been the darn disconnects. I'm fine with a hold on content for a bit more stability.

I'm not expecting to win planets with lights but peek your head out over a hill and up jump two lances of Highlanders and Cataphracts throwing a total of 24 PPCs and Gauss at you. Bit exaggerated there but trust me there are a lot of games like that. Oh, and did I mention that a single hit kills? Given, the role of Lights are suppose to Scouts but the Small maps (except Alpine and Tourmaline) allow you to get your clock cleaned at over a 1000 KM. I don't expect Lights to go face to face with Highlanders and Atlas but they need something to earn XP and Cash which is heavily biased towards Heavies and Assaults. The Lights aren't broke and neither are the Heavies or Assaults (Tho LRM support is broke) but I do feel they need some rewards for Scout Warfare since Lights are not brawlers. In the single player games if you didn't reach some point in time and capture it, you lost. We don't have any timed captures in the game where you lose if you don't make it in time. Heck, I can see even both sides losing. ie... Reach and shutdown the core of the dropship before it explodes and takes out a vital factory. Stuff like that.

#154 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:30 PM

View PostMichael Costanza, on 07 May 2013 - 05:58 PM, said:

Buffing MGs actually makes it a lot closer to the history of the game if you look up Battletech weapon tables.

#155 Zylo

• 1,782 posts
  • Locationunknown, possibly drunk

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:54 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 07 May 2013 - 05:04 PM, said:

The comments about other games are related in a way since players are disappointed in the patch which leads to comments about playing other games until future patches fix existing bugs and balance issues.

I'm not really happy with the current patch not addressing the game balance issues. Bug fixes are always good but a lack of game balance changes in this patch seems like a clear attempt to sell a new hero mech that fits the current dominant long-range playstyle before any balance changes are made.

Due to these issues with the patch I'm sure anyone can understand why some players are upset and choosing to let other players know they will be playing other games until these game balance issues are addressed in some future patch.

I'll at least be nice and say I'm off to play "another game" now...

Edited by Zylo, 07 May 2013 - 06:55 PM.

#156 Ransack

• 1,175 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:08 PM

The crash fix didn't work

#157 V I L I R

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:15 PM

View PostRansack, on 07 May 2013 - 07:08 PM, said:

The crash fix didn't work
Yeah same for me, just crashed out for the second time - wasn't even crashing beforehand.

#158 Cargo Bane

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:59 PM

90% Cosmetic paint tweak shiny babbles and MC grabs

10% Fixes that don't address real issues.

0% chance of long term success

Still haven't activated my founders time and at this rate I might never. I've already lost all hope for MWO. It's funny how people talk about CW like it's going to save the king, but it won't. This just feels like a continuous slow release vapor ware cycle that continues to prey on the new MC buyers to keep the coffers full enough so they don't have to shut down the servers.

What's the most important thing about all the patches in the past 5 months.

Hero's (MC)
New Fuzzy Dice (MC)
Paint/Camo (MC)

But whatever, doesn't bother me really. I spent the big money last year and just continue to watch this charade parade by.

#159 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:12 PM

Sad.... I still have ALL of my premium time and MC from founders pack....

#160 SmurfOff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 107 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:02 PM

I placed my founders MC/time on a funeral barge, and lit it on fire, viking style. It seems the more "balancing" that is done, the further we are moving away from Battletech, and more into "shiny robots with frikin lasers". LRMs that do > 1pt and Double heat sinks that do < 2.

I think the major reason we have "beta burnout" is that there is no feedback system. No "hey guys, we are testing fix 1234, and report your findings here at http://bugzilla.mwomercs.com". Nope, basically trickles of horrible math, poor interpretations of rules, or just silly ideas.

So congrats on your shiny new bauble of the month patch. I will enjoy dominating in my WWWWWWWWWWWWWW mech.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users