227 replies to this topic

#161 Windies

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,477 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:11 PM

With every patch like this my interest dwindles even more. Seems like anymore, the highlights of the patches are the monetized aspects and less of any actual game content. I'm still waiting for something to interest me in playing again.

#162 Dukarriope

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Locationa creative suite

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:50 PM

So can we 'reset' colors on the Founders' mechs too?

#163 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:17 PM

For the record, while I haven't seen it in game yet, I appreciate that they added an ASF delivering the actual air strike.

Paints and new camo patterns and dashboard items: just not interested.

Edited by Appogee, 07 May 2013 - 11:19 PM.

#164 MonkeyCheese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:20 PM

View PostWindies, on 07 May 2013 - 10:11 PM, said:

With every patch like this my interest dwindles even more. Seems like anymore, the highlights of the patches are the monetized aspects and less of any actual game content. I'm still waiting for something to interest me in playing again.

New map and the medium blackjack coming next patch in 2 weeks

#165 van Dorn

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 32 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:14 AM

I love the game!
But slowly I miss genuine and new "content".
New "mechs" or "maps" are rather an extension of the existing "content", so no new "content".
New "Camos"; figures in the cockpit - nice but not "content" for the gameplay
Slowly feel betrayed when I read something in the "Release Notes":
"Content: new hero / champion ore normal Mech"
Where the new highly acclaimed "UI", where is, at least in rough terms the "comunity Warfare" is?

It is not enough that you provide to us players and supporters!

Disappointed!

Edited by van Dorn, 08 May 2013 - 12:22 AM.

#166 jakucha

• Knight Errant
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:57 AM

Some people seem to be upholding an "I want it now" attitude. Games take time to make, and this one really hasn't been out very long.

View PostPsikez, on 07 May 2013 - 04:38 PM, said:

or planetside 2

The game with even worse optimization than MWO? Nah, at least this one runs for a lot unlike that one.

Edited by jakucha, 08 May 2013 - 01:03 AM.

#167 van Dorn

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 32 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:06 AM

View Postjakucha, on 08 May 2013 - 12:57 AM, said:

Some people seem to be upholding an "I want it now" attitude. Games take time to make, and this one really hasn't been out very long.

That's ok, but they should not be new maps or mechs called super-new "content", which is a sham

#168 jakucha

• Knight Errant
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:09 AM

View Postvan Dorn, on 08 May 2013 - 01:06 AM, said:

That's ok, but they should not be new maps or mechs called super-new "content", which is a sham

But that IS new content. There will be other new content after the big stuff is fixed, i.e. netcode, and missiles. The beta test server next month is also a big deal. Can't focus on balance until netcode is fixed, etc.

#169 van Dorn

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 32 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:15 AM

View Postjakucha, on 08 May 2013 - 01:09 AM, said:

But that IS new content. There will be other new content after the big stuff is fixed, i.e. netcode, and missiles. The beta test server next month is also a big deal. Can't focus on balance until netcode is fixed, etc.

Sorry, but in my eyes there is no new "content", but only the extension of already existing "content" ...
The rest is balance and patch.
Well, each of us has his point of view - I'm disappointed.

#170 Peter von Danzig

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:20 AM

Nice patch. I haven't had one single crash or HUD bug.

However I miss the "PPC fixed" part in the patch notes ;-)

#171 Jelan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 422 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:32 AM

9 Patches til live so at this rate we will have:

All of the mech models for our cockpits
Lots of seasonal cockpit items
Various camo patterns and i suspect some unique ones

Plus some other low priority minor stuff such as fixes, UI 2.0, balancing and new content.

How the hell can the development process be so bad that the game gets worse and worse with every patch.

I played MW:Tactics the other day which is in closed beta atm. They had a lobby (OMFG), my game crashed and a support ticket window popped up (which i submitted).

They also have a founders program running and i can relate to a comment from one guy there who obviously plays MWO as well

He said "I will never invest in a founders program that has PGI or IGP involvment ever again"

I've played several games in closed and open beta and this is singularly the worst in terms of rollout, stability, customer relations and development I have ever experienced in a game. The only reason that its still going is the intellectual property, the fanatical fanbase and the fact that this is the only stompy robot game available.

I'm taking a sabbatical atm from competitive play as its just too frustrating and i only hope that some future patches bring something of value to the table because waiting for the golden goose in September is a long way off. I am playing TSW again and enjoying that though, enough such that i might even invest some money into it that I was going to spend on MC

Yours disappointedly

#172 Rasako

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 214 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:51 AM

Look PGI, we like you, We appreciate you attempting to bring back a very beloved game that we have been dreaming of seeing for almost a decade, but you've really got to stop pushing content back, promising big surprises and reveals and then giving us nothing (I.E. pushing back CW info, info on clans suspended until fall) and a slew of other things. I can speak from MUCH experience with beta testing that a good, solid relationship with your fanbase and focusing on the GAMEPLAY and STABILITY of the game will bring you money.

Adding all these shiny baubles for people to play with and then be instantly slapped in the face by the reminder of what is still wrong with this game is going to leave people bitter. You need to start speeding up your production and bringing out content on a more steady basis, and you need to stop leaving people in the dark on what your plans are for this game.

I truly want to see this game succeed and it was one of the first franchises that brought my father and I together as a child, so this game means more to me than any other person would know, but even I can see that if content isn't brought out at a slightly faster pace (talking about trying to push for 2 new mech chassis or 2 maps a month on top of the bug fixes and balancing, really thats all it would take) and keeping us, your loyal fanbase (or not so loyal coming from some of these whiners) in the light will really help you leave a good impression.

I feel your company is doing a fantastic job, but there are still areas to improve upon, we are all only human after all, and I deeply appreciate your team taking the time to balance the game properly and not jumping to nerf and buff things so violently like many more popular free-2-play games (league of legends >.>) still continue to do.

just my two cents

Edited by Rasako, 08 May 2013 - 02:00 AM.

#173 CH4CH

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 62 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:58 AM

Hello, I'm in Thailand, I try to finished patcing process.. It's about near 20 hours for patching 60mbs....what happen with that??? It used to be 5-10 mins for a patch...

#174 Psikez

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:14 AM

View Postjakucha, on 08 May 2013 - 12:57 AM, said:

The game with even worse optimization than MWO? Nah, at least this one runs for a lot unlike that one.

I'm glad you find Dragon Statues new and exciting content.

#175 MikeFreeman

Rookie

• Shredder
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:06 AM

On the one hand I am really wondering what some of the comm expect mwo in the current state to be. It is still a BETA release and therefore the main focus should still be on bugfixing and to stabilize the whole system. Else nobody would be really happy with a system including tons of features but crashing every now and then. On the other hand I totally agree with the fact that it would be great to have much more releases of new mechs and maps. Since this seems not to be a technical issue (the whole infrastructure should be there) it looks like this is related to a bottleneck in the design department. But this is only a guess, maybe some PGI folks reply to this and bring light into the darkness.

#176 Belorion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:29 AM

If they put in new content people complain there are no bug fixes.
If they put in bug fixes people complain there is no new content.
If they put in both people complain there isn't enough of either.

#177 Nicholas Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:34 AM

View PostMikeFreeman, on 08 May 2013 - 05:06 AM, said:

On the one hand I am really wondering what some of the comm expect mwo in the current state to be. It is still a BETA release and therefore the main focus should still be on bugfixing and to stabilize the whole system. Else nobody would be really happy with a system including tons of features but crashing every now and then. On the other hand I totally agree with the fact that it would be great to have much more releases of new mechs and maps. Since this seems not to be a technical issue (the whole infrastructure should be there) it looks like this is related to a bottleneck in the design department. But this is only a guess, maybe some PGI folks reply to this and bring light into the darkness.

It's not that this patch didn't have content. It had content. That costs MC.

The problem is the major sticking points right now are the major hud bugs and weapon balance. The weapon balance has been an issue for 6 months. Yeah next patch will adjust a bunch of things...that should have happened 5 months ago.

It's the pace. And the style, and the lack of understanding of their game.

View PostBelorion, on 08 May 2013 - 05:29 AM, said:

Go back and pull up their last 10 patches and you'll understand why that is.

Their patch cycle, and choices on what to include with patches, coupled with huge bugs being introduced with patches is what causes this disdain.

And really this would be a non-issue if EVERY patch had weapon balancing, and EVERY patch had bug fixes.

But they don't do that. They should, but they don't.

#178 Ransack

• 1,175 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:47 AM

View PostBelorion, on 08 May 2013 - 05:29 AM, said:

No, what people are complaining about is that we MIGHT get a bug patch one week a month. We may get one mech chassis a month. But we definately WILL see some sort of cash grab every week of the month.

Half of the bug fixes that they put in don't even work. It's wearing at almost everyone's confidence at this point. Those who are happy with the snails pace of development and plain old fixes, I applaud your patience.

#179 Rasako

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 214 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:49 AM

View PostNicholas Carlyle, on 08 May 2013 - 05:34 AM, said:

It's not that this patch didn't have content. It had content. That costs MC.

The problem is the major sticking points right now are the major hud bugs and weapon balance. The weapon balance has been an issue for 6 months. Yeah next patch will adjust a bunch of things...that should have happened 5 months ago.

It's the pace. And the style, and the lack of understanding of their game.

Go back and pull up their last 10 patches and you'll understand why that is.

Their patch cycle, and choices on what to include with patches, coupled with huge bugs being introduced with patches is what causes this disdain.

And really this would be a non-issue if EVERY patch had weapon balancing, and EVERY patch had bug fixes.

But they don't do that. They should, but they don't.

sorry to say it but there have been tons of stability fixes that have brought many weapons in and out of balance, the balance has still been shifting and they are doing what they can to bring weapons back in line without over/underpowering them but as long as they're still working on Host State Rewind and other netcoding fixes the increased network performance will definitely be making certain weapons a lot more powerful and they SHOULD ( and are mind you) wait until all of Host State Rewind is in effect before they just start throwing buffs and nerfs about. Also, fixing certain weapons and keeping them in line with battletech rules is like walking on a tightrope over a tub of angry crocodiles, no matter which route they take, a lot of people are gonna be pissed off

Edited by Rasako, 08 May 2013 - 05:52 AM.

#180 ssm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:50 AM

View PostNicholas Carlyle, on 08 May 2013 - 05:34 AM, said:

(...)

(...)

I've played for 4 hours yesterday (I always play more on patchdays) and haven't had any HUD bugs at all. Looks like they sneaked some fix.

Next wave of weapons balancing will be in two weeks, so let's just be patient.

Edited by ssm, 08 May 2013 - 05:51 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users