#201 Ihasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 843 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:12 PM

View PostNiko Snow, on 08 May 2013 - 10:40 AM, said:

Yeah, while I understand you guys feel like this patch was a bit thin on the feature side, I think we need keep in mind the Devs have had their focus redirected to fixing stability and HUD bugs. As those are low level CryEngine bugs, it takes a lot of energy and efforts so I'd say it's somewhat normal that some features were postponed.
Hope you don't mind too much PGI working on eliminating those bugs before bringing in oodles of new content! :)

Why can't there be both? According to the PGIDF, employees that work on bug fixes are not the same employees that work on content. Therefore both should be proceeding at some greater than glacial pace, right? The fixing of low level bugs should not stop the content people in their tracks.

#202 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:19 PM

View PostIhasa, on 08 May 2013 - 01:12 PM, said:

Why can't there be both? According to the PGIDF, employees that work on bug fixes are not the same employees that work on content. Therefore both should be proceeding at some greater than glacial pace, right? The fixing of low level bugs should not stop the content people in their tracks.

The second patch of the month always brings more new content. The first patch fixes problems with the last new content.

#203 Summon3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:11 PM

View PostBelorion, on 08 May 2013 - 11:50 AM, said:

Have you had freezes or blackscreen since patch?

yes very forst drop after patch, blackscreen drop to desktop, no freeze as of yet but my freezes pre patch were fairly rare compared to others.

#204 Psikez

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:41 PM

View PostStone Profit, on 08 May 2013 - 05:53 AM, said:

Hmm. I guess when im running my Dragon or Jager or Treb or PB or Ilya and winning im doing it wrong.. blame the player for his inability to arapt not the game.

Am quite capable of running these mechs and winning. I play my Jenner almost exclusively these days but you cannot deny the current state of the meta is far out of whack and quite noticeable in the community run competitive matches.

I always appreciate anecdotes presented as evidence though.

I am quite pleased with how UI2.0 is looking.

I had my vent, this game as others have put it, feels glacial at times.

Edited by Psikez, 08 May 2013 - 02:48 PM.

#205 Stone Profit

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,376 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:53 PM

View PostPsikez, on 08 May 2013 - 02:41 PM, said:

Am quite capable of running these mechs and winning. I play my Jenner almost exclusively these days but you cannot deny the current state of the meta is far out of whack and quite noticeable in the community run competitive matches.

I always appreciate anecdotes presented as evidence though.

I am quite pleased with how UI2.0 is looking.

I had my vent, this game as others have put it, feels glacial at times.

I never provided any evidence, merely pointed out the post was terribly flawed. Please refrain from speaking for me in the future.

Edited by Stone Profit, 08 May 2013 - 02:54 PM.

#206 Almeras

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 294 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:56 PM

View PostThomas Dziegielewski, on 07 May 2013 - 11:50 AM, said:

I see a few things missing but so people don't think it's a bug :

-Mechs now stay targeted after they die for around 2sec so players can see how they killed the target instead of losing the target right away.

This was a feature a long time ago, but something broke and a new feature fixed it up again.

This combined with the paper doll update delay often results in confusion on where the last shot killed them or if they need another pop. Its frustrating to waste ammo on shooting a dead mech. Also I found the box stays up while the dead mech falls down it make an optical illusion which can lead to friendly fire if another mech is too close.

Is there any chance of the Targeting box turning grey upon death?

#207 Psikez

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:00 PM

View PostStone Profit, on 08 May 2013 - 02:53 PM, said:

I never provided any evidence,

Quite exactly what you did.

#208 Stone Profit

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,376 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:06 PM

View PostPsikez, on 08 May 2013 - 03:00 PM, said:

Quite exactly what you did.

Neither did I attempt to. Why do you feel the need to attack me for something I neither claimed to do nor in fact did?

Edit: Nevermind, I forgot. Trolls need to be Ignored.

Edited by Stone Profit, 08 May 2013 - 03:07 PM.

#209 Ransack

• 1,175 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:21 PM

View PostBelorion, on 08 May 2013 - 06:30 AM, said:

I challenge you to do the same. 10 patches ago is when they first introduced the Stalker and River City Night. Since then we have 5 new mech chassis, at least three maps, numerous bug fixes, stability enhancements, netcode improvements (including a complete rewrite), HSR...

We are on Update 16. Here is a link to Update 6.

http://mwomercs.com/...12168-18122012/

We get bug fixes all the time. We have had one mech chassis a month...

We don't get a patch every week, unless you are including the weekend sales, but that isn't new MC content its just a sale on what is already in game.

we get bug fixes all the time? really? You must be playing a differnt game than. perhaps you meant to say we get bugs all the time.

Ballistics still hit and do not register.
PPC's still go through the target
HUD bugs
Client crashes
Launch button will not activate
memory leaks
boot to mechlab

These are things experienced last night by myself or others on comms with me. These are the bugs that have supposedly been fixed over the last few patches.

Correct, there is some sort of MC based sale every week. If you think that one standard mech a month, one map every two to three months, and two game modes is adequate, more power to you. I do not.

I'm sorry that I had high expectations for these guys. They put the burden on themselves though. They promised Steak and are giving me hamburger.

#210 Ihasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 843 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:57 PM

View PostKoniving, on 08 May 2013 - 01:19 PM, said:

The second patch of the month always brings more new content. The first patch fixes problems with the last new content.

No it doesn't. It barely fixes problems of the new content launched one month or more ago.

And what Niko said "Hope you don't mind too much PGI working on eliminating those bugs before bringing in oodles of new content!" is neither of which they did.

Edited by Ihasa, 08 May 2013 - 05:10 PM.

#211 Belorion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:23 PM

View PostIhasa, on 08 May 2013 - 01:12 PM, said:

We did get content with this patch.

#212 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:28 PM

View PostBelorion, on 08 May 2013 - 08:23 PM, said:

It's not the "free content" most are looking for (mech/map). People should be waiting in months time for what they are looking for.. there will always be a patch (every 2 weeks or so) that would disappoint either way.

View PostIhasa, on 08 May 2013 - 04:57 PM, said:

No it doesn't. It barely fixes problems of the new content launched one month or more ago.

And what Niko said "Hope you don't mind too much PGI working on eliminating those bugs before bringing in oodles of new content!" is neither of which they did.

if there's a hotfix this week, it'll should correct the last of the HUD bugs (not that they won't appear, but appear less than they do now).

I still think that vacation brought hell on themselves (they should've done it on the weekend of Cinco de Mayo!)

Edited by Deathlike, 08 May 2013 - 10:29 PM.

#213 Windies

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,477 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:11 PM

View PostBelorion, on 08 May 2013 - 08:23 PM, said:

No offense but there's more entertaining content in this thread than there has been in the last 2 patches.

#214 Belorion

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:55 AM

View PostWindies, on 08 May 2013 - 11:11 PM, said:

No offense but there's more entertaining content in this thread than there has been in the last 2 patches.

Why would I be offended?

I do wonder however what kind of content people are looking for. Mechs, Maps, and Modes are about it for what we get (this is a pvp game after all)... so what is it that people are pining for? We know the next mode (lobby mode) is coming with CW/UI 2.0 which leaves us with maps and mechs. We get both on the 21st, no big surprise that its a hero mech/community mech patch.

#215 3rdworld

• 3,562 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:38 AM

Anyone been losing IFF tags when zoomed now?

#216 Belorion

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:47 AM

View PostAlmeras, on 08 May 2013 - 02:56 PM, said:

This combined with the paper doll update delay often results in confusion on where the last shot killed them or if they need another pop. Its frustrating to waste ammo on shooting a dead mech. Also I found the box stays up while the dead mech falls down it make an optical illusion which can lead to friendly fire if another mech is too close.

This is actually a pretty good idea, you should post this in Suggestions.

#217 Country Gravy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 193 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:50 AM

View PostAlmeras, on 08 May 2013 - 02:56 PM, said:

This is an excellent idea.

#218 Stone Profit

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,376 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:09 AM

View Post3rdworld, on 09 May 2013 - 05:38 AM, said:

That has been that way for a long time and I believe that is "working as intended" but id ask a mod to be certain.

#219 jakucha

• Knight Errant
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:22 AM

View Post3rdworld, on 09 May 2013 - 05:38 AM, said:

It's been like that for a long time.

#220 Grandmaster Ramrod

• PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationComfortable Leather Chair

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:41 AM

View PostColonel Pada Vinson, on 07 May 2013 - 08:56 AM, said:

I'm sorry.

Whenever I see your name, be it in game or here on the forums, my eyes read "Colonel Panda Vision" at first.
Every. Single. Time.
It's happened so often I know full well it does not say panda, yet that is what I hear inside my head.

DAMN YOU. DAMN PANDAS. DAMN IT ALL!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users