- - - - -

Ui 2.0 - Feedback

1095 replies to this topic

#81 Ransack

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:36 PM

Looks good other than the shift tab thing.

anybody else notice jump jets on that Atlas?

Edited by Ransack, 08 May 2013 - 03:40 PM.

#82 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:38 PM

Better. some good posts in here. The frames of the current UI and the small fonts appeal to me though as well.

really would love to see a stock mech option for each variant that if selected drops us only vs other stock mech loadouts.

Hopefully we weill soon see some of the lobby goodness so factions and groups can chitchat and team up.

Overall this UI looks slightly better than the current one, but its a toss up rly, what I like is the new features & some of the new layout you are bringing in much more than the new design. The current design in terms of the framing/clours etc looks better.

Also are pilot pictures/avatars dead?

#83 Nacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 661 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:39 PM

I like the layout and the new features but.... I'm not really sure about the style and large icons. I would like to see more items in the window than letting the large icons take up the screen space.

About the screen size... I can see it's 16:9 ratio but the UI inside seem to be fit for 4:3 ratio instead.
Kinda strange way to do about it. Can't this be scaleable? Or even better, can't the mechlab be in full screen?

Edited by Nacon, 08 May 2013 - 03:42 PM.

#84 Nebelfeuer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:41 PM

Though it looks more appealing it does seems to make things more unintuative and diveded more into submenues.
I´d prefer a simple paperdoll mode that allows me to change my equipment fast and without unnesessary menu navigation.

#85 Cid Slayer

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 49 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:48 PM

First impression is that the item icons are too big. We're going to be scrolling through pages instead of just having the neccesary information right in front of us. Seems like a step back.

Can we change the size of the items in the menus so we can have more functionality and less "wow" ?

#86 Nightcrept

• 1,050 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:53 PM

Ummm.....looks cool.

NOW GIMME.

#87 Mvrck

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:56 PM

Posted Image

So that image caught my eye. Did you guys leave yourselves enough room to add hard points into the heads of Mechs? Cause it sure looks tight/non-existent right now.

#88 Scromboid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 456 posts
  • LocationBlue Ridge Mountains

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:56 PM

Thank you muchly for taking the time to share these with us! ;) It is REALLY APPRECIATED!!

#89 Bunko

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:58 PM

Several of those Mech Lab examples though seem to have a lot going on the screen:

Posted Image

I know it isn't final but if you are going to have that much displayed you might make the game look more complex and turn away new players. Don't get me wrong, I like all info just looks like a wall of images though. Maybe make the listing table on the right smaller?

Looks much better though!

#90 Strelitzia

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 45 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:01 PM

Didn't see it mentioned, does the new UI show the overall amount of ammo on the mech in the overview, instead of having to search for it in each section?

#91 Mortenson

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:01 PM

Looks great - thanks for showing us the WIP.

I really, really would like the ability to mark mechs as favorite, then filter by favorite as you have suggested. That would be very useful.

#92 Skyfaller

• 1,332 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:02 PM

No offense devs but... why?

The current UI is perfect. The layout is excellent and accessible & allows the user to visualize it all in just one menu screen.

What you are showing here is a return to the old UI where you had to close the menu you were in to open another.

The only thing I see worthy of adding is the 'store' weapon information tab. Just add the weapon info to be accessible in a pop up menu when you click the weapon.

Thats all you need to do.

...aside from a 'remove all items / remove all armor' shortcuts as well as 'save setup' and 'load setup' options.

#93 Bunko

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:06 PM

View PostMvrck, on 08 May 2013 - 03:56 PM, said:

So that image caught my eye. Did you guys leave yourselves enough room to add hard points into the heads of Mechs? Cause it sure looks tight/non-existent right now.

They copy pasted for a mockup. I don't know Center Torsos with Arm Actuators either.

#94 TruePoindexter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Location127.0.0.1

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:09 PM

Is it just me or are there no longer mech slots? Will we still need to buy space for mechs in our mechbay?

Edited by TruePoindexter, 08 May 2013 - 04:10 PM.

#95 Chavette

• Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:10 PM

It looks nice, some of it I agree with and some looks a bit over the top with the colors and ribbons.

But honestly, I'm far past the point of caring about cosmetics, I want a reliable, bug free and balanced game.

#96 Daneel Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • Nova Commander
  • 173 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:17 PM

Looks awesome!

#97 Puppeteerxerxes

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:22 PM

Two things that I'd really like to see are loadouts, and modules added in a way that is easy to use.

I think that the idea of being able to save up to 4 nameable loadouts for an owned mech would be very helpful. Currently I'm leveling Stalkers. With friends I use a variant heavy on LRM's, by myself I go with 4 LL. Right now when I group up this is a typical script.

"wait, wait. I gotta find that 280 engine. Can't remember where I left it."
"sorry guys, 2 more minutes, I have to find the pulse lasers I use with this build."
"Almost done. I think if I re-jigger the ammo I can fit another heat sink, I'm sure I had 19 on this build."

5 minutes later we're dropping. Then the other guys leave, and it's several minutes to reconfigure. It would be awesome to have the items/weapons in an inventory, pick your mech and loadout, and if you have the stuff in your stores you can launch with that mech.

This could also be good with selectable mechs and maps later. We're on Tourmaline? I'll run my 4 regular PPC 3F. Next match frozen city, I'll run the 6 ER LL 3F. Same mech, different build.

I think a check box menu for modules would have a similar streamlining effect. Have a list of available modules, and a "x" modules remaining depending on the mech. Either in lab before launch, or in prematch between maps. Using example above -
Tourmaline - Stalker 3f with 4LL and coolant shot checked, next map River City pick LRM's with advanced decay. I find hunting for modules and having to pull them between mechs is a small but constant time waster that annoys me quite a bit and keeps me from playing more variety in my builds.

If you have used XP to unlock and cbills to buy the module it should be much more easily transferrable.

#98 Grendel408

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:32 PM

I really like the new UI... definite overhaul and worth the wait in my opinion ;)

#99 Mvrck

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:42 PM

View PostBunko, on 08 May 2013 - 04:06 PM, said:

They copy pasted for a mockup. I don't know Center Torsos with Arm Actuators either.

Not even remotely what I'm talking about. Humorous too since the head section was one that they didn't copy and paste. Actually look at the image. The torso sections all have the 4 boxes for the different kinds of hardpoints. The head is lacking them in that picture. Which is fine, the mech may not have them, but it also doesn't look like they took that amount of room into account, as it would cause the bottom of the CT to be clipping other elements (or incredibly close to clipping) when they add them for the mechs that sport head weaponry.

#100 skullman86

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:44 PM

Most of it looks nice and clean, but there are two things that stand out most at the moment

- Mechs on sale etc. being placed directly above owned mechs in mechlab is clutter IMO and I would suggest leaving those on the home page with announcements or putting them at the top of the list when a user hits the buy tab.

-The loadout page, while informative, looks like a big clunky mess without the mech there in the foreground for reference. Yes, the boxes are all labeled, but our current system shows critical info along with the actual section of the mech we are working on and I think something like that needs to be added to achieve your bonus goal.

Also, I'm glad you guys are using the steam interface for ideas.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users