#281 Zerberus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:03 PM

View PostPeekaboo I C JU, on 21 May 2013 - 02:50 PM, said:

People, Lrms are not OP...and you are just seeing more of them because everyone's lrm boats have been parked for 2 months....it will calm down trust me, till then learn some tactics and find some cover ;)

I tend to agree , but finding cover is in fact not quite as easy anymore.. They`re not coming cown vertically negating everything but bridges, but moving back 5 yards from the ridge is more or less just as effective as standing still and eating them while continuing to fire. Buildings and trenches /ravines seem to still work fine for the most part. I think the next few weeks will solidify whether it stays or gets flattened just a bit. :D

Edited by Zerberus, 21 May 2013 - 03:05 PM.

#282 Commander Kobold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:10 PM

The amount of people who can't/forgot how to deal with LRMs is too damned high

#283 ExAstris

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:24 PM

View PostOmni 13, on 21 May 2013 - 03:10 PM, said:

The amount of people who can't/forgot how to deal with LRMs is too damned high

This is largely true, if a bit harsh.

Granted, its been 2+ months since anyone has actually had to deal with them, so a good chunk of the current players never even saw them working before.

Also, the tactics to deal with LRMs have slightly changed. They have a steeper dive angle now, so there are fewer cover options. But AMS has been massively buffed to nearly twice as good as it use to be. So wolf-packing against LRMs is more effective than ever.

Once a few teams get coordinated with LRM umbrellas, and players start to remember that this was a cover shooter (before ECM made any old maneuver consequenceless) and stop exposing themselves without backup, LRM usage should normalize and MWO will be in a better state to judge the balance of LRMs with the behavrior and stats they have been given in this patch.

EDIT: Apparently the dive angle is steeper than intended for targets behind cover. Also, splash damage is pushing a bit too much damage to the CT as well. So LRMs will indeed be getting renerfed in the future.

I suspect the dive angle will only be slightly nerfed, and only for indirect fire (where its bugged). Furthermore, I wouldn't expect to survive more than one or two more volleys than you are currently once the splash damage is fixed. Yes, tons of mechs are dying from coring, but alot are pretty much out of side-torso armor when it happens.

TL;DR, LRMs are back in business, the meta has shifted and you must adapt. It'll get easier in the *near* future, but the meta will stay shifted.

Edited by ExAstris, 21 May 2013 - 04:48 PM.

#284 Little Details

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 172 posts
  • LocationSt Louis, MO, USA

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:24 PM

there IS no dealing with lrms... you can not COVER from them. Even PGI admits this in their command chair post along with the messed up splash damage still being there.

#285 M4L4R3K

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:34 PM

Most of us know how to deal with LRMs,(I hope you do by now unless you are a newbie) the problem is, with the tweak, other issues appeared:cover being useless, for some people. For me it was the fact that almost every LRM hit my CT(yeah splash damage isn't helping), but when my CT is getting hit in the front when I am showing my back to the enemy, you know it isn't normal.
If it were only faster missile travel and .2 extra damage, it would have been fine. LRMs need some loving too, but not the child molesting kind.

I love the new map though! ;)

View PostLT Satisfactory, on 21 May 2013 - 03:24 PM, said:

there IS no dealing with lrms... you can not COVER from them. Even PGI admits this in their command chair post along with the messed up splash damage still being there.

Good to know they realized it!

Edited by M4L4R3K, 21 May 2013 - 03:33 PM.

#286 TygerLily

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:36 PM

Good patch! Thanks!

#287 Sable

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 924 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:40 PM

I feel like you fixed lrms and then broke them at the same time.

1. faster which means they hit more
2. damage buff
3. flight path means they hit more.

they are now 3 times more effective. That and they are still hitting center torso more than anything else.

#288 benthebarbarian

Rookie

• 9 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:45 PM

Haven't seen one disconnect yet! way to go guys!

#289 M4L4R3K

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:09 PM

http://mwomercs.com/...te-may-21-2013/

Voilà!

#290 Commander Kobold

• The Territorial
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:58 PM

kill scout that's locking on to you, LRMs no longer arc so steeply problem solved

#291 WookieeFart

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 15 posts
  • LocationHonolulu, HI

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:08 PM

View PostWill HellFire, on 21 May 2013 - 10:18 AM, said:

@PhoenixFire55: It looks like, no matter what they do, you will be complaining about something. You sound like a proffesional whiner. Please take your whining to WoW, LoL or some other game, we dont need it here.

AMEN!

#292 Dreamslave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • LocationUpstate New York

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:22 PM

Cool, so we went from OP LRM's a few months ago, to PPC Fest for the past 2-3 months and now were right back where we were. LRM's are once again OP. PGI, is it really that hard to resist the urge to swing the pendulum from one side to the other?

#293 Darkkalen

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:30 PM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 21 May 2013 - 08:20 AM, said:

Mech Movement Speed Changes
  • When a Mech takes damage after losing a leg, its maximum movement speed is capped at 15 kph for 5 seconds
  • This 5 second timer resets each time the Mech takes damage
  • When a Mech has lost a leg, its maximum movement speed is capped at 50% of its normal max speed, or 40 kph, whichever is lower
  • When a Mech has lost a leg, its maximum reverse speed is 2/3rds of its maximum forward speed.
  • When its forward speed is capped at 40 kph, the max reverse speed is 2/3rds of 40 kph (or 26.667 kph)

View PostWindsaw, on 21 May 2013 - 01:01 PM, said:

They capped legged speed at 40kph?
That does effectively mean that they introduced three scout nerfs in just one update? (well, two definite nerfs and one potential nerf)

Man, they really hate scouts.

Any reason for this? Was it a really big problem that lights were escaping?

Edited by Darkkalen, 21 May 2013 - 05:32 PM.

#294 Commander Kobold

• The Territorial
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:20 PM

View PostDarkkalen, on 21 May 2013 - 05:30 PM, said:

Any reason for this? Was it a really big problem that lights were escaping?

To be fair losing a leg should make your mech completely immobile so I wouldn't really complain (also some of the faster lights could still got 60-70kph with only one legs which was ridiculous)

#295 Commander Kobold

• The Territorial
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:26 PM

View PostM4L4R3K, on 21 May 2013 - 01:17 PM, said:

Just saying that the missiles are broken again :P i think it was good that you buffed the damage and speed, but they are only going for CT, got killed by missiles in front ct while showing my back to the enemies...

They're not only hitting CT splash damage is acting funky again and missiles hitting your LT and RT are splashing to the center.

View PostTeir Dasande, on 21 May 2013 - 02:13 PM, said:

Just for the lulz, im going to fit up a 4xlrm20 stalker again. I cant wait. GRANT ME YOUR TEARS!

why ***** out? go full 100lrm stalker or go home

#296 PeekaBoo I C Ju

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 421 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationUnder your bed....BOO!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:34 AM

my requst to garth and the awesome PGI staff is thus, LRM's Finally have a place in a game...they are not OP...it take me 3 full salvos to kill a cicada.....I ask that you ignore the FEW complainers leave them the way they are...most of the people who are complaining i just seen the other day standing out in the open with PPC boats....it does not matter what you do, they will still QQ...LRM's were useless before this patch and I am grateful for them to now possess the appropriate amount of fear on the battle field.....i hear "incoming Missiles" and i promptly get my buttocks behind cover...before this patch i could easily charge a lrm boat in the wide open, close the ground while sustaining lrm fire the entire 500+k distance in the open without fear of death...it was kind of like bathing in the refreshing glow of the sun..with a slight tickle

Also I am sad to see you coming under such hostility....these n00bs think that if they can hurt your feelings enough that they can bully you into changes..if i was you i would permaban their presence on the forums...you do not deserve to be bullied..and should not have to stand for it...muffle those insatiable whinetards...nothing you do is ever good enough in their eyes anyway...and all the do is contribute to the nastiness of these forums.

And for all you tards who think threateneing with LRM 100 boats is scary...PULEAZE *****...i pray i see you fools on the battle ground so i can own you the whole time laughing at you because you cannot defend yourself...i do it every time....the second i see a pure LRM boat..you are my #1 target and i will make it to you and when i do..you will see the folly in your ways

Aside from that I think PGI has done a fantastic job, And i cannot wait to see what you do next (I have however made my disdane known for your supposed boating changes, but i did it without the bite this jerks have done, and i have given my sincere reasons behind it)

ALL HAIL PGI!

#297 FruitFly

• Pip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:38 AM

With Streak SRM's being a 100% hit weapon that always hits CT for the same damage as normal dumb fire SRM's why add more counter to ECM which is a lights only defense from them between Tag and other ecm mechs, lights had a hard enough time against streaks why did we need the BAP to counter it also?

#298 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:59 AM

An LRM boat looks silly if your team has more than one AMS. Just put it back in and stop whining. That being said, the steep downward angle makes it a bit too difficult to dodge behind cover. I see how SSRMs could do it, but not LRMs. This one part could use fixing IMO.

#299 PeekaBoo I C Ju

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 421 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationUnder your bed....BOO!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:11 AM

some maps do not have good cover...th new desert map being 1 of them..a lot of people try to duck behind those stalactites that are low to the ground and expect to not get hit....those are horrible cover....however you get behind something tall and your safe..i was playing LRM hockey earlier and did quite well, find cover not ways to ruin the game

#300 Mr Blonde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 175 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:55 AM

The splash damage is a little much again. Not as bad as once upon a time but still needs a little tweak. Other than that my only complaint so far is the new map...unlike the other new maps they didn't boost the number of times you see it. I've played about 20 matches and didn't see the canyons once! I am eager to find hiding places for my Spider and shoot you fools in the back.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users