507 replies to this topic

#1 Kyle Polulak

<member/>

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 584 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:50 PM

Check out the latest update on Missile Flightpaths from Paul here!

Spoiler

#2 Khanublikhan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 298 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:00 PM

Thank you for posting so quickly with an explanation.

#3 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:01 PM

Welcome back to LRMWarrior Online. The Atlas-K and Stalker-5S are smiling upon you.

However, the X5 is screwed.

#4 JDH4mm3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 308 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:01 PM

missiles are OP once again....

#5 HighlandCoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 772 posts
  • Locationbehind you

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:08 PM

Wait what? So how serious is this? Do you have any statistics to share on how many LRM's are hitting now versus pre-patch?

The way I remember the LRM's being with the splash damage bug was insane damage. Are we back to this again?

#6 TheMagician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 779 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:12 PM

First, I don't know why PGI's 'testing' still is not capturing, and the devs are not addressing issues that are obvious in 2 minutes of play.

Second, waiting that long is too long. This is a hotfix issue, otherwise you are risking losing even more of your dedicated player-base.

#7 deforce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 616 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:12 PM

wait, i remember this happening before. this is the what, 4th time now?

#8 Little Details

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 172 posts
  • LocationSt Louis, MO, USA

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:14 PM

good thing they took a long hard look at lrms and fixed them 'from the ground up' thoroughly before releasing this debacle onto us. Can you (pgi) not ever make *mild* changes and see the incremental improvement before deciding to swing specs a little higher/lower? It's like you guys only have an on/off button for programming. The swings in buff/nerf are INSANE.

#9 Nicholas Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:14 PM

Thanks for the quick reply, sorry about bugging you on twitter. ;)

Mid-week hotfix would be good by the way. It's REALLY not good.

#10 Rebas Kradd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,969 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:15 PM

Devs, may I politely ask how this excessive "dive point" escaped your notice during testing? Surely you guys played the patch thoroughly before pushing it out.

#11 Karenai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 340 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:19 PM

Combined with Artemis IV giving full bonus without line of sight, you hit more with spotters, while staying in cover.

#12 TexAce

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:20 PM

So the divepoint will be changed?

And will it be changed together with the splash damage reduction?

If so, then everything will be fine I think

I didn't play the patch yet but I don't mind having a completely different meta for a few days ;) (yes I'm serious).

Just don't wait two weeks for it please. 1 is ok for me.

Edited by TexAss, 21 May 2013 - 03:21 PM.

#13 Jungle Rhino

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 579 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:26 PM

So you knew this was going to cause problems but you didn't just change it? That just seems odd - why put everybody through 2 weeks of LRMwarrior online??? Do you want people buying Stalkers with MC that badly?

Could we at least have a hotfix?

The servers are going to be empty before long as the gameplay is simply terrible at the moment. About the only highlight is trolling LRM boats with a SDR-3D.

#14 deforce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 616 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:27 PM

quote "One other thing (and this was sorta mentioned in Ask the Devs 38), is that we missed the patch window by a day and were not able to get a splash damage reduction into the build for this patch. The splash damage is pushing a lot of damage to CT at the moment."

So this one sentence is the most disturbing of all. You knew the splash damage was too high, but because you missed a deadline that pushed the changes out anyway?!?!?!

ask lexus/toyota how that worked out for them, only $1.4 billion in lawsuits from the last problem

#15 Chavette

• Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:28 PM

My short and sweet input:

1, Any worth its change missle pilot will have artemis. The weapon should be balanced keeping that in mind, that artemis will be used by default, and not as some expensive buff.
With the AMS buff its hardly worth running lrm5 or 10, people who have it, they do it big, and you can bet they'll have artemis too.

2, Fight path. you get hit behind 90' cover. While the arc itself isn't 90', you mech can't stand inside the wall, only behind it. Any natural cover, like rock, or fozen city building is a joke, they all hit.

3, The damage for all we know could be good, or even perfect, but there is no way to know with all these other problems present.

4, Getting hit by a salvo should feel like a rain of missles, and not a punch in the ct, even with artemis, which should be about as useful to make less missles miss the target completely.

Edited by Chavette, 21 May 2013 - 07:56 PM.

#16 Sheraf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:28 PM

LRM Atlas and LRM Stalker 5M? I destroy them in my Stalker 3H ;)

#17 Sable Dove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:33 PM

"We didn't test this enough and LRMs are still doing too much splash damage, but we decided to implement it and buff LRM damage.

Also, we nerfed SRM flight paths. They are now completely useless beyond 50m without Artemis."

#18 Leartes

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:37 PM

View Postdeforce, on 21 May 2013 - 03:27 PM, said:

So this one sentence is the most disturbing of all. You knew the splash damage was too high, but because you missed a deadline that pushed the changes out anyway?!?!?!

There is ALWAYS one more issue. You can't release anything and they'd still work on a pre-alpha status if they didn't decide once in a while to push things that are not final.

View PostLupus Aurelius, on 21 May 2013 - 03:26 PM, said:

Who's the QA manager there? Fire him. (just the opinion of a 29yr QA professional)

Doesn't sound very professional.

Seriously guys, have you even played the game? Sure it is a pain and sure you don't want to leave the house without ams at the moment, but it is really really fun (says the guy not playing lrms) at the moment. Battle is much less the brainless zerg horde than yesterday. People spread out a bit, take cover and try much much more to flank. Not saying it should stay the way it is, but this is not ZOMG unplayable.

#19 Acid Phase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 553 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:38 PM

View PostLupus Aurelius, on 21 May 2013 - 03:26 PM, said:

Who's the QA manager there? Fire him. (just the opinion of a 29yr QA professional)

Although a great milestone, you don't need to be a pro QA to witness the absolute failure spewing from every patch. Every single patch brings failure in one form or another. FFS. Ridiculous.

#20 Chemie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:38 PM

Paul: You are wrong. It is not just secondary spoting. The outgoing arc is crazy. You can stand behind hills and still have them tear out to long away targets.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users