• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 317 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationBritish Columbia, Canada

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:09 PM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 31 May 2013 - 11:06 AM, said:

Kmieciu: Was the Christmas MC sale a success? When can we expect the next MC sale?
A: I would expect an MC sale around the same time as last year, all things being equal.

Wow, I was expecting something during the summer at least. I love this game and want to drop $200 on MC to get a year of premium and a bunch of hero mechs. But if I am going to spend that kind of money the +20% is a big deal, its like a free Flame and Ilya Muromets that I could get if i wait.

#62 Vulkan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:28 PM

As uninformative as ever, I honestly don't see why they still even bother to post these ATD threads, they achieve no purpose.

While I am slightly happier with the recent balance changes made, and some that may be on the way, I can't say I have all that much confidence in the developers when they insist on giving pointless non-answers to valid questions.

People shouldn't be thanking the dev's for these "answers", they don't tell us anything we don't already know.

#63 Nicholas Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:57 PM

View PostVulkan, on 01 June 2013 - 06:28 PM, said:

As uninformative as ever, I honestly don't see why they still even bother to post these ATD threads, they achieve no purpose.

While I am slightly happier with the recent balance changes made, and some that may be on the way, I can't say I have all that much confidence in the developers when they insist on giving pointless non-answers to valid questions.

People shouldn't be thanking the dev's for these "answers", they don't tell us anything we don't already know.

People can't help but smooch dev butt. It is kind of silly when you read the ATD...then read all the "THANK YOU FOR ANSWERING" posts...it's almost like you aren't reading the same thing.

Rose-tinted glasses compared to my cool dark aviators I guess.

#64 InRev

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:44 PM

View PostNicholas Carlyle, on 01 June 2013 - 06:57 PM, said:

People can't help but smooch dev butt. It is kind of silly when you read the ATD...then read all the "THANK YOU FOR ANSWERING" posts...it's almost like you aren't reading the same thing.

Rose-tinted glasses compared to my cool dark aviators I guess.

It's kinda like an abusive relationship. After a while, you get so accustomed to negativity (in this case, being left utterly in the dark about basically everything) that when something even remotely positive occurs (actual interaction between the community and the devs) people trip over themselves in gratitude.

We are starving prisoners who have just been thrown a crust of bread.

#65 Vulkan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:57 PM

View PostInRev, on 01 June 2013 - 07:44 PM, said:

It's kinda like an abusive relationship. After a while, you get so accustomed to negativity (in this case, being left utterly in the dark about basically everything) that when something even remotely positive occurs (actual interaction between the community and the devs) people trip over themselves in gratitude.

It's disturbing how accurate this comparison is.

#66 Reno Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,456 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:10 AM

I'd say its more disturbing how negative many are. More like addicts wanting their next shot instead of hungry prisoners.
I understand the crave for news and information, but what are you asking for here that they could post?

You understand that they don't want to post of unfinished stuff, because the community hated them everytime they changed their mind, right?

#67 Krzysztof z Bagien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 710 posts
  • LocationUć, Poland

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:12 AM

View PostInRev, on 01 June 2013 - 07:44 PM, said:

A Stockholm syndrome, lol :D
I always wonder why Bryan answers like "Probably not. The client/server nature of our game requires some pretty secure handshaking when dealing buying/selling/equipping BattleMechs. I will ask though." Couldn't he ask BEFORE posting and give us something that actually is an answer?

#68 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:32 AM

View PostKrzysztof z Bagien, on 02 June 2013 - 12:12 AM, said:

A Stockholm syndrome, lol :D
I always wonder why Bryan answers like "Probably not. The client/server nature of our game requires some pretty secure handshaking when dealing buying/selling/equipping BattleMechs. I will ask though." Couldn't he ask BEFORE posting and give us something that actually is an answer?

What you don't understand is that PGI is a huge multinational corporation, with thousands of employees in North America, Germany and India, not to mention their new branches opening up in China. For him to actually answer that question would require a number of video conferences and possibly flying the PGI jet to India for some face to face meetings to settle on the specifics.

Ain't nobody got time for dat.

#69 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:51 AM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 31 May 2013 - 11:06 AM, said:

Stormwolf: Any indication if we might ever get a stock only mode? I ask this because not everybody wants to min max or build the latest abusive build all the time.
A: It’s something we can look at after launch.

That's not very reassuring.

I probably should have guessed that answer since this game is not aimed at fans of the setting but rather the shooter crowd.

#70 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:11 AM

I have to say, my biggest concern for this game is the game modes. I don't think Assault mode and Conquest mode are very well designed, so I am very happy to see that a third mode is coming. Thanks for answering my question. Of course, I'd like to see game balance, UI 2.0 and whatever else, but the game modes are the very skeleton of the game. My long term interest in this game depends on what they're doing with the game modes. At the moment, standing inside the laser squares isn't doing it for me.

Anyway, thanks.

#71 Krzysztof z Bagien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 710 posts
  • LocationUć, Poland

Posted 02 June 2013 - 05:53 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 02 June 2013 - 12:32 AM, said:

What you don't understand is that PGI is a huge multinational corporation, with thousands of employees in North America, Germany and India, not to mention their new branches opening up in China. For him to actually answer that question would require a number of video conferences and possibly flying the PGI jet to India for some face to face meetings to settle on the specifics.

Ain't nobody got time for dat.

Well, that explains a lot.

#72 Cromwill

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 65 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:22 AM

Many of these answers were vague and uninformative.

I would like to know why PGI is unable to publish the developers update prior to the month in which it is due. For example: A week into June PGI publishes "Developer Update" for June. The proper and expected method is to publish your road-map for the future prior to the present. PGI's inability to do this speaks to larger issues within the organization.

Edited by Cromwill, 02 June 2013 - 07:23 AM.

#73 Skill

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:24 AM

My suggestions aren't answered I see. I was one of the last but definitely not one of the least!

#74 Prezimonto

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,017 posts
  • LocationKufstein FRR

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:07 AM

View PostMonkeyCheese, on 31 May 2013 - 01:26 PM, said:

The map coordinate showing along with the range for where your aiming is a MUST for scouting, I need to be able to watch blurry dots in the distance of alpine and tell my team where they are.

I wouldn't mind if this was a feature of the TAG laser as well.

#75 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:34 AM

Yawn.

Another round of non-answers.

I really don't understand why you moved to short non-answers every two weeks instead of short non-answers every week - you said it was to give more in-depth answers, but man... "no plans at this time" really isn't my definition of "in-depth".

#76 Khanahar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 560 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:16 AM

View PostKageru Ikazuchi, on 01 June 2013 - 03:41 AM, said:

Please, please, please, give us an update to the original Dev Blog posts ... let us know what your priorities are (if not the actual timelines). Most of us are adults and understand that things change due to random events beyond our control.

While an update of the Dev Blog posts is sorely overdue, the second point is, sadly, false. I know, I'd like to have nice things too, but back when they did post the schedule, and they missed deadlines regularly (as happens in the business, especially for a tiny developer) we all whined. And that is why we can't have nice things.

#77 Belorion

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:04 AM

Judging by the user response in this thread my guess is there is a lithium shortage going on right now. Either that or some prison has accidentally let the inmate population have unfettered access to the web.

#78 RacerX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 390 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:05 AM

I'm not sure how I should be excited about this one. Either the Cat is finally going to have its head adjusted making a head hit much more difficult or the cataphract is in for a very rough time. Can we get some clarification on this one?

DarkhorseBW: Why are there different types of cockpit hit boxes? For example, the Cataphract's cockpit is only its 1 front center window, but the Catapult's cockpit is all of its windows?
A: It’s getting adjusted to be similar. It’s Paul’s favorite mech, so I made sure everyone could kill him more easily.

Edited by RacerX, 02 June 2013 - 10:05 AM.

#79 Nicholas Carlyle

• Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:33 AM

View Poststjobe, on 02 June 2013 - 08:34 AM, said:

Yawn.

Another round of non-answers.

I really don't understand why you moved to short non-answers every two weeks instead of short non-answers every week - you said it was to give more in-depth answers, but man... "no plans at this time" really isn't my definition of "in-depth".

Add it to the list of weird things they do which makes zero sense and hurts their reputation with their customers.

#80 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 02 June 2013 - 11:01 AM

Ohh god not Steam !

For years off and on , mostly off these days for the reason bellow, I played bloodbowl, on the PC, within the games limitations it played extremely well.

Then cyanide did the chaos edition release through steam, and its been awfull, I even get graphic lock ups when playing against the AI, why a stand alone platform needs to share info with steams servers is beyond me..meh..progress..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users