What I Envisioned

24 replies to this topic

#1 Yanlowen Cage

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 637 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:55 AM

I envisioned a meta game that had a market place for houses. Where mechs were bought. A black market were mechs were bid on. mechs of greater ability were rare forcing auction prices up.

New players started out in a house or a unit and were issued a mech. Random roll. leaning towards more common mechs with less a chance of getting the rares.

A chat room where houses leveled deals with mercs and sat up fights with other houses over control of worlds. and weight limits were set and such.

I envisioned more than that as well. Hope we get to see something like this in the future.

#2 Lee Ving

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:24 AM

View PostYanlowen Cage, on 03 June 2013 - 06:55 AM, said:

I envisioned a meta game that had a market place for houses. Where mechs were bought. A black market were mechs were bid on. mechs of greater ability were rare forcing auction prices up.

New players started out in a house or a unit and were issued a mech. Random roll. leaning towards more common mechs with less a chance of getting the rares.

A chat room where houses leveled deals with mercs and sat up fights with other houses over control of worlds. and weight limits were set and such.

I envisioned more than that as well. Hope we get to see something like this in the future.

So then you still envision most of it, as in present tense, right?

Sounds like an awesome bit of RP opportunity, alongside a more-even distribution of "OMGWTF ATLAS GUISE RUN!" feelings, which are all but absent in the current cbills or IRL $ = all the tonnage you can swallow.

#3 Yanlowen Cage

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 637 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:38 AM

sorta lost you on the atlas thing. But if the weight for drop was 200 tons, then I would be like "hell ya they took an atlas. the rest of thier mechs gotta be pretty light."

#4 Hexenhammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:00 AM

I'm hoping for the same as well. Right now this is a Living Legends with a bigger budget. You log in? you kill, you save, you buy. The only real risk in this game is making the wife mad with how much you play.

#5 DocBach

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:14 AM

PGI could make a killing if they added a unique weapon system like [Redacted] that involved salvaging (and paying to strip the salvage) something like:

kill enemy 'mech, at the end of the round you get lucky and the game tells you that you have received salvage.

you have three options to deal with it:

A - sell the salvage for scrap, gain a random amount of c-bills for it
B - hire mechanics with c-bills to strip the salvage and receive random equipment from the 'Mech, with a very low percent chance of stripping a unique weapon
C - hire ace mechanics with MC for a higher chance to receive unique weapons, a stripped chassis, large c-bill payout, ect.

Unique weapons would be ike Defiance 1001 ER PPCs or Diverse Optics Medium Lasers which have changed stats, ie a little longer effective range but longer recharge rate, or extra damage against armor but some more heat.

then have a global marketplace where players can sell off equipment.

Way more interactive, more customization options, and a reward that gives incentives to people to pay mc to get a chance at cooler, unique stuff.

Edited by Niko Snow, 10 June 2013 - 11:49 AM.
Non-Disclosure Agreement

#6 James Montana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 295 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:30 AM

BUMP! Bumping so hard and high that it'll come back down in 3050!

#7 Yanlowen Cage

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 637 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:05 AM

Bumpity bump bump!

#8 Pupecki

• PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:07 AM

good suggestion, I would love to see this in CW

#9 Yanlowen Cage

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 637 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:13 AM

how about expidiate jumpships travel for MC. Crews all works faster when you put a little extra in the pay envelope. Only so many jumpships and you have to be put in que to travel between systems unless you bribe the jumpship crew.

Edited by Yanlowen Cage, 03 June 2013 - 10:14 AM.

#10 DocBach

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:32 AM

i think travel is suppose to be handled instantaneously. not sure how fun the game would be to most players if you had to wait three months of transit for a drop.

#11 Lee Ving

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:38 AM

View PostYanlowen Cage, on 03 June 2013 - 07:38 AM, said:

sorta lost you on the atlas thing. But if the weight for drop was 200 tons, then I would be like "hell ya they took an atlas. the rest of thier mechs gotta be pretty light."

My point is that Atlaii are supposed to be rare, powerful, and scary.

They are consistently neither rare nor particularly scary, and are overshadowed at times by HGN / STK in the powerful role.

Your suggestion to:

"New players started out in a house or a unit and were issued a mech. Random roll. leaning towards more common mechs with less a chance of getting the rares.

A chat room where houses leveled deals with mercs and sat up fights with other houses over control of worlds. and weight limits were set and such."

... would unequivocally make all of those factors more likely.

#12 DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:08 PM

View PostDocBach, on 03 June 2013 - 09:14 AM, said:

PGI could make a killing if they added a unique weapon system like MechWarrior tactics that involved salvaging (and paying to strip the salvage) something like:

kill enemy 'mech, at the end of the round you get lucky and the game tells you that you have received salvage.

you have three options to deal with it:

A - sell the salvage for scrap, gain a random amount of c-bills for it
B - hire mechanics with c-bills to strip the salvage and receive random equipment from the 'Mech, with a very low percent chance of stripping a unique weapon
C - hire ace mechanics with MC for a higher chance to receive unique weapons, a stripped chassis, large c-bill payout, ect.

Unique weapons would be ike Defiance 1001 ER PPCs or Diverse Optics Medium Lasers which have changed stats, ie a little longer effective range but longer recharge rate, or extra damage against armor but some more heat.

then have a global marketplace where players can sell off equipment.

Way more interactive, more customization options, and a reward that gives incentives to people to pay mc to get a chance at cooler, unique stuff.

You do realize that this is a pay to win scheme.

By place the unique and cooler stuff in the range of MC only you're paying for an advantage. Very unfair to those who play but can't or don't want to pick up MC.

#13 DocBach

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:05 PM

Not really, Mc just increases your chances. You have a chance for unique weapons with cbills , too, but players who choose to spend mc have a higher chance for paying real money. Since this is q business and all and their goal is to turn a profit....

#14 DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:12 PM

View PostDocBach, on 03 June 2013 - 03:05 PM, said:

Not really, Mc just increases your chances. You have a chance for unique weapons with cbills , too, but players who choose to spend mc have a higher chance for paying real money. Since this is q business and all and their goal is to turn a profit....

Oh I must apologize... I see where you say higher chance.

As long as equal rewards are possible on both platforms that makes sense. It'd be nice if you could pay and additional amount, perhaps, to increase the chances for cbills. Or maybe a sliding scale of percentage on the amount of how much you decide to pay for your lower level mechanics.

#15 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:18 PM

What I envisioned:

Edited by Sephlock, 03 June 2013 - 06:18 PM.

#16 DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:43 PM

It's kinda ridiculous that you like your own posts... Oh man.

You know those are some disparate images even for their similarity. That's kinda what you have.

Oh jeez, I forgot how much of a forum warrior you are. Unfortunate to see you're still pugging hard away at it.

#17 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:47 PM

Welcome back!

You never did tell me who the other worst posters were, nor where I ranked amongst them... could you send me another PM with the info?

And the idea was to show a progression: First, low tech, then the clans would invade, then the IS would have Clantech....

#18 Yanlowen Cage

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 637 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:22 AM

Maybe a MechCommander interface for a 5th/9th/13th player to act as a drop commander. relaying coordinates, calling arty, controlling npc armor, directing units, and selecting targets. Like a tactical commander. that would be cool as well. though it may not apply to the meta per say.

#19 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:04 AM

View PostYanlowen Cage, on 03 June 2013 - 06:55 AM, said:

Back in that old days i had the same hallucination... :)

#20 JimboFBX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:07 PM

I think the combat is really well tuned and everything you could ask for in a mechwarrior game but yeah I was hoping for something with a bit more economic depth like in Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries or MechCommander when it comes to the between game dynamics. I'm curious if there are already plans for that and what their transition strategy would be. Maybe just having two completely separate modes where this one is "instant action" and the other is something else?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users