#221 DeathofSelf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 655 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:25 PM

View PostGizmoGecko, on 18 June 2013 - 12:23 PM, said:

Sorry aha, I must be getting too passionate about my issue.

It's just been bugging me since the Highlander came out, so I've got a lot of pent up annoyance, resulting in my emotions of humor and compromise being severely diminished.

I know how you feel, sir.

Edited by DeathofSelf, 18 June 2013 - 12:25 PM.

#222 wDraco

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 132 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:29 PM

View PostTimuroslav, on 18 June 2013 - 11:48 AM, said:

Posted ImagewDraco, on 18 June 2013 - 08:01 PM, said:

the game was more ballanced at closed Beta than now.

Stop looking for things to ruin and fix the real issues.(that you created patching).

PPC is doing more damage and giving less heat than Large Laser
SRM are NOT WORKING
Fix the wallhack you created
and now LPL are ruinned

Wrong, The Game is more balanced than in Beta and Radar Actually works now. Small pulse lasers having a Means to Exist now since in Closed Beta They did the same damage as small lasers and weighed more. Also not only are there more mechs, but Poptarting and Rocket Boxing aren't seen anymore. Also in Closed Beta the Jenner wars no longer exist, Also Ballistics have more range than they did in Closed Beta Giving people a reason to use them. And the Light Mech Hit boxes are tighter. Also Streak Missiles are no longer boated, and the Average Awesome Mech doesn't go 96 Kph Anymore. Also in Closed Beta There was NO ELO-tonnage weighting system at all. Who you got pretty much determined how well you did.

Also not only are there more mechs, but Poptarting and Rocket Boxing aren't seen anymore

So Poptarting is bad because the devs gave to mutch power to? lets say PPC doing less heat, more damage and being a point and shoot weapon (DEVS MADE THAT POPTARTING HAPPEN). When Large laser is being pushed back because you need skill to use.

Rocket Boxing also demands skill and good timing, you have to get in the face of your enemy.

The Game is more balanced than in Beta and Radar Actually works now

Sorry? you calling radar to that wallhack that is seismic sensor? radar is suposed to be an all 360 detection not an onsite like it is in MWO, but that i can let slide easy.

Small pulse lasers having a Means to Exist now since in Closed Beta They did the same damage as small lasers and weighed more

Didnt said anything about the SPL, anyways the way a pulse and a normal laser works are different, so it was fine.

Also Ballistics have more range than they did in Closed Beta Giving people a reason to use them. And the Light Mech Hit boxes are tighter

My friend that is called fixing a problem. that is what they were suposed to do, dont complement them on fixing an error.

Also in Closed Beta There was NO ELO-tonnage weighting system at all

ELO its a joke, if you have a K/D above 1.5 you will get all the pugs on your team, and you will be having to battle against a bunch of Assault Mechs when your team had like one Awesome.
They can solve this with a LOBBY so we can get matchs and leagues.

My friend if this is all they did in a year we are thrully f....

Edited by wDraco, 18 June 2013 - 12:30 PM.

#223 Ransack

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:31 PM

Honestly, I don't expect much in July either. PGI is big on promises and very short on delivery. My premium time is down to 5 days. I see nothing to keep me logging in until the next mythical "BIG" patch. Let's see, the first patch of July will bring

promises
something broken
something missing
something on sale
A Hero Mech

The second patch of July will bring us another mech
another sale
smoke and mirrors
promises of BIG things in August.

Yeah, it's break time. Confidence lost.

#224 Hexenhammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:33 PM

And here I was feeling like LPLs were okay. Oh well for the same weight I can mount twin ERPPCs. Not like those are common place.

update: First real match. Goodbye pulse lasers!

Edited by Hexenhammer, 18 June 2013 - 01:25 PM.

#225 Hellhammer

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 30 posts
  • LocationArkab (X: 77.23 Y: 202.24)

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:33 PM

At least, Caustic Valley looks awesome now.

#226 wDraco

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 132 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:37 PM

View PostHexenhammer, on 18 June 2013 - 12:33 PM, said:

And here I was feeling like LPLs were okay where they were. I didn't see many of them on the field and I only use them because of the build I have. I get the feeling I might be mounting ERPPCs pretty soon.

Thats the way to go and enjoy PPC online instant kill no skill required.

#227 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:37 PM

In my experience, Pulse Lasers are only useful on Assaults when you have tonnage to spare but not enough slots.

#228 Hilari0n

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationKraków, Poland

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:40 PM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 18 June 2013 - 08:24 AM, said:

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed a few crash issues some users were having.

I had no crash issues before (unless you can call it a crash when the game fails to close on "Quit" and has to be killed). Now I do. Every other game start is either application crash or application hang.

#229 Hugh Fairgrove

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 120 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:42 PM

View PostCoolant, on 18 June 2013 - 11:53 AM, said:

kids (not talking teens), agree with most adults in everything because they realize 1) they rely on them for everything, 2) they've been around a lot longer. Kids don't argue or speak up around adults because they realize they are just kids. Adults speak their mind, especially when they are passionate about something or upset. Kids might do that to their parents but not to adults. Just because we have an opinion and wish to speak it does not mean immaturity.

Also, how come I put $120 into the game as a Founder and a year later still can't paint my Founder's mechs? Were us Founders really not worth the time to add this feature? - a year later....

I do argee we should get to paint our founders or have some option of one or two unique Founders camos to switch to if we had the choice so the founders mechs would still stand out. I asked this when they gave us the ability of custom colors on hero mechs. No devs responded, just mostly non founders players telling me tough ****. Thats fine, but it still would be nice to have some customization just beyond changing the stripe color. Personally I would have liked to have seen founders specific camos, cockpit items, or further mech customizations that they mentioned might be put in the game in the future being added to the founders mechs over time for those of us who are dedicated players/founders and continue to play the game. Maybe even offer something to the veteran founders as well over time.

I'm just speaking about aesthetics here nothing beyond that. Just an opinion and thought.

Edited by Hugh Fairgrove, 18 June 2013 - 02:26 PM.

#230 shabowie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:51 PM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 18 June 2013 - 08:24 AM, said:

Design is tweaking weapon numbers, so read on and if you think this patch is small, all I can say is enjoy the calm before the storm because big things are aligning for July

Yeah I am underwhelmed. So many major weapon imbalances, SRMs are still useless, streaks still absurdly too easy to use and generally a broken nube tube crutch of a weapon system, and a missile fix was promised in June. See you in July if I'm not busy playing something else by then guys.

http://goo.gl/eBa1n

Edited by shabowie, 18 June 2013 - 01:01 PM.

#231 Odinson

• PipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:54 PM

Wow... the Quickdraw. Its exactly as lackluster as it looked. I'd like a better explanation of why we end up with another 60 tonner, and a pretty poor excuse for one to boot, and NOT the Orion. Has anyone else noticed that two of the Quickdraw variants are IDENTICAL except that one CAN (not "does" but "can") mount two more jump jets and has an extra missile hardpoint? What the heck? If that's how we're solving the "the 'mech has to have three variants to be included in the game" issue, couldn't we at least choose some better/cooler 'mechs to do it with?

I don't know what the jump jet shake complaints are all about. I think most people complaining about jump jet shaking are the ones who can't perform well without pop-tarting. Not to mention you can still pull off the maneuver if you're a decent shot.

Edited by Odinson, 18 June 2013 - 12:56 PM.

#232 Kunae

• 4,303 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:56 PM

View PostOdinson, on 18 June 2013 - 12:54 PM, said:

I don't know what the jump jet shake complaints are all about. I think most people complaining about jump jet shaking are the ones who can't perform well without pop-tarting. Not to mention you can still pull off the maneuver if you're a decent shot.

Don't assume things, it only makes you look like an *****.

JJ shake is unnecessary, and has too much collateral damage. It needs to be removed.

#233 SgtMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:05 PM

MechWarrior Online is a Premium Free-2-Play title ( + pay to win mechs) that utilizes the BattleTech Universe to deliver a BattleMech combat simulator with a heavy emphasis on tactical strategies (Run up to the enemy and get killed).

By placing the player in a first person view ( and 3rd view) of a BattleMech pilot, MechWarrior Online provides a whole new level of immersion into the game space (and handy barf bags* not included).

Adhering to the key design pillars of Mech Warfare, Information Warfare, Role Warfare and Community Warfare, MechWarrior Online adds several new layers of gameplay and tactical team planning to the franchise (Where we prevent you from playing as a team and force you to play with pugs).

This, along with the massive amount of customization available to the player base for their Mechs, (if you find a way to make a mech viable, we will nerf it)...

#234 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:05 PM

View PostKunae, on 18 June 2013 - 12:56 PM, said:

JJ shake is unnecessary, and has too much collateral damage. It needs to be removed.

JJ shake is necessary, and without it there is too much pinpoint alpha damage. It needs to stay.

Edited by Appogee, 18 June 2013 - 01:05 PM.

#235 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:10 PM

So I take it that everything else we don't want will be shoved down our throats just like this LPL nerf?

#236 Mechsniper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 457 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:11 PM

Not nearly as much as there is now. An Atlas standing 100m in front of you should still be in danger from a highlander during a jump, not completely safe until you land as it is at the moment.

#237 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

View PostFaktopus, on 18 June 2013 - 09:19 AM, said:

I think what everyone is looking forward to is the boating heat fix. . . PPC/Alphawarrior is getting old real fast.

Not to mention hit detection. . . in response to which I've taken to running twin lb/10s because they produce about the same result as twin gauss in the armor stripping department anywhere inside 400m.
(exaggerating a bit there, but honestly it's not far off.)

Please go read that thread again. The "boating/heat fix" won't do a damned thing to fix any of the problems you have, but it sure will punish Hunchbacks and other lights.

It is the dumbest thing ever and I think people just read "Boating" and "Nerf" and have literally put not one seconds thought into the system.

#238 Zerberus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

View PostAppogee, on 18 June 2013 - 01:05 PM, said:

JJ shake is necessary, and without it there is too much pinpoint alpha damage. It needs to stay.

View PostOdinson, on 18 June 2013 - 12:54 PM, said:

As a spider and ppc c-1 pilot, I could not agree more. Learn to let go of the spacebar before shooting already, took me all of 10 minutes to get used to it, and that was weeks ago.

People complain about PGIs tweaks being too slow, but they themselves take 10x as long to adapt to the most simple changes in game mechanics, and that`s only after complaining about the change for 2 months, first. *facepalm*

If Pgi made changes faster, the same people`s heads would probably explode because they would run the risk of having to learn 2 things at once :)

"Ermahgerd!! Jump jet shake and a boating penalty at the same time? Y U NO LIKE ME; PGI?! Me you not pay enough money? Me love you long time, now not love you anymore"
Posted Image

Edited by Zerberus, 18 June 2013 - 01:19 PM.

#239 Kai OnoHonu

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationColorado/Hawaii

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:13 PM

Ping issues are still horrible, the game remains pretty much unplayable (going on three months now). Premium time has ticked away. Guess I'll check back again in a couple of weeks...or a month. I kinda wanted to celebrate the new patch fixing things by buying a new mech. Pipe dreams.

#240 Kunae

• 4,303 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:13 PM

View PostAppogee, on 18 June 2013 - 01:05 PM, said:

I agree, there is too much pinpoint alpha damage. Jump-jet modifications do not address this.

There were easy counters to pop-tarts... but PGI chose to nerf those. I refer to the SRM nerfs. Also, they created this by reducing the heat on PPC's, while increasing their projectile speed.

Heavily nerfing all mechs, which used JJ's, rather than addressing the the actual problem, is a stupid thing to do.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users