• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 750 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:14 PM

View PostTimuroslav, on 18 June 2013 - 12:17 PM, said:

12 Man's will be implemented During Launch
5-7 Launch will not Exist it is either 2 4-Mans and 4 Pugs and/or 1 8Man and 4 Pugs or All Pugs
By-the-way People have been wanting Machine Gun and Flamer Buffs Since February, and now They're getting the buff. The SRM Development is a relatively New Phenomenon.
PGI is waiting to see how this patch plays out before They install the Heat Patch, and Maybe Something Broke? Partly, because they want to See how the Heat on the New Pulse lasers operates and they want feed back on it to make the heat Patch Better.
All of your Questions have been Asked and repeated in the Ask the Developers Blogs.

You don't Change the Game in the GIANT Chunks when it's relatively stable. IE: The Missile Wars of Late March
You change the game with Small updates and weapon changes until the shoe fits right.
One Baby step at a time.

It doesn't Make Sense to Buy the Pie Mix and not have an oven. *Referring to Pulse Laser Heat and the Future Heat and boating Patch*

Rant is a Rant

You believe 12 mans will be implemented before launch? Like CW was supposed to last Nov. right?

5-7 will not be implemented? Ever? Where does it say this?

People have wanted CW before people even put a flamer on a mech. So what? I guess all those people also want 3rd person? Bottom line is patching is about priorities and I believe PGI is way off here.

SRMs are a new phenomenon? What does that mean? They have completely shifted the balance of the game. Have flamers or machine guns done this?

How do you know PGI is waiting to see what happens? They nerfed Large pulse for no reason.

All of our questions have been answered in the Dev blogs? Give me some concrete answers on CW.

A fanz boy is a fanz boy I guess. Some of us have real and valid concerns and refuse to just believe anything we are told at this point until we see some action.

Edited by Prophetic, 18 June 2013 - 01:16 PM.

#242 BattleTechMan

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:14 PM

I guess i have to ask this question. It seems all those who are complaining about the JJ shake are doing just that. COMPLAINING. Does not walking around on uneven terrain not make your mech shake and bob? How is that motion not making you sick but now JJ shake suddenly is? If someone can explain that to me, I just might change my mind. But I have looked, and played with JJ and it seems like an excuse for people that refuse to change or adapt the way they play the game.

Edited by BattleTechMan, 18 June 2013 - 01:16 PM.

#243 Odinson

• PipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:16 PM

View PostKunae, on 18 June 2013 - 12:56 PM, said:

JJ shake is unnecessary, and has too much collateral damage. It needs to be removed.

What specific collateral damage are you referring to? I use several 'Mechs with JJs and the shake hasn't bothered me a bit.

#244 Andrew Cranston

• PipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 50 posts

View PostKunae, on 18 June 2013 - 01:13 PM, said:

I agree, there is too much pinpoint alpha damage. Jump-jet modifications do not address this.

There were easy counters to pop-tarts... but PGI chose to nerf those. I refer to the SRM nerfs. Also, they created this by reducing the heat on PPC's, while increasing their projectile speed.

Heavily nerfing all mechs, which used JJ's, rather than addressing the the actual problem, is a stupid thing to do.

Buffing short range weapons into being OP wasn't the answer either, but I get your point. The "randomization" that they added while jumping would have been enough if they added it for perhaps Heavy and Assault Mechs, they didn't need to throw in the screen shake.

Edited by Andrew Cranston, 18 June 2013 - 01:19 PM.

#245 Kunae

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,303 posts

View PostZerberus, on 18 June 2013 - 01:11 PM, said:

As a spider and ppc c-1 pilot, I could not agree more. Learn to let go of the spacebar before shooting already, took me all of 10 minutes to get used to it, and that was weeks ago.

Let me guess... you use a PPC/ERPPC on your spider?

#246 Kunae

• 4,303 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:22 PM

View PostOdinson, on 18 June 2013 - 01:16 PM, said:

What specific collateral damage are you referring to? I use several 'Mechs with JJs and the shake hasn't bothered me a bit.

I am referring to the nerfing of those who actively used JJ's while brawling.

The best Jenner pilots use their JJ's all the time while fighting in close-quarters, and it's just not fun to do anymore. Can still do damage, can still kill stuff, but it's unpleasant to play and was not "over-powered".

Better solutions, more specific to the problem, could have been implemented.

Edit: And should have, and should be.

Edited by Kunae, 18 June 2013 - 01:23 PM.

#247 Odinson

• PipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:24 PM

View PostMechsniper, on 18 June 2013 - 01:11 PM, said:

Not nearly as much as there is now. An Atlas standing 100m in front of you should still be in danger from a highlander during a jump, not completely safe until you land as it is at the moment.

Its funny you should make this example, because in the last match I played before servers went down for patch I blasted an Atlas from about 160 meters away with every ballistic, energy and short range missile weapon on my Highlander while jumping over an obstacle. And hit with all of them.

#248 Kunae

• 4,303 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:24 PM

View PostZerberus, on 18 June 2013 - 01:22 PM, said:

He probably means jumping up until all the fuel is wasted and then falling like a 95 ton rock, damaging his legs. Skill solves this problem in 99% of the cases.

Sad fool. Didn't you read my earlier post about how assuming things makes you look a certain way?

It's about damage which affects things other than what you're attempting to target. Specifically non-sniper JJ-based lights.

#249 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:26 PM

View PostDCM Zeus, on 18 June 2013 - 12:01 PM, said:

Is it me, or is PGI/IGP following in EA's foot steps?

You mean moving its staff across america, and then putting half out of work ?

#250 Zerberus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:27 PM

View PostKunae, on 18 June 2013 - 01:16 PM, said:

Let me guess... you use a PPC/ERPPC on your spider?

Nope, the cat is my ONLY ppc mech becaseu I dont run cheesebuilds. My spiders all use an erLL as their main weapon. But nice try.

Anybody who`s seen my purple spiders in action can confirm that I do not mount PPCs on them. But I have no problems poking an atlas in the eye from 50m altitude without tearing my own legs off , at leat most of the time, lol. Canyon is notorious for twisting my ankle for overshooting the jump and landing in the next gorge, but JJ shake is not in any way to fault for that, rather me pushing the mech past the manuifacturers recommended stress limits. :(

View PostKunae, on 18 June 2013 - 01:24 PM, said:

Sad fool. Didn't you read my earlier post about how assuming things makes you look a certain way?

It's about damage which affects things other than what you're attempting to target. Specifically non-sniper JJ-based lights.

Note also that that post was deleted long before you finished your post quoting it... One could almost think I`m intelligent enough to know when I`m making a mistake and capable of policing myself in such situations

But that would be an assumption on your part now, wouldn`t it. :)

Edited by Zerberus, 18 June 2013 - 01:40 PM.

#251 Damocles69

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 888 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:28 PM

View PostKunae, on 18 June 2013 - 01:24 PM, said:

disgruntled poptart is disgruntled. your cheat tart is gone. L2P, adapt, be better at the game.

(sucks to have this thrown back into your face doesn't it)

Edited by Damocles69, 18 June 2013 - 01:29 PM.

#252 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:32 PM

View PostMechsniper, on 18 June 2013 - 01:11 PM, said:

Not nearly as much as there is now. An Atlas standing 100m in front of you should still be in danger from a highlander during a jump, not completely safe until you land as it is at the moment.

I don't want to be rude, but honestly, hitting an Atlas 100m away with a jumping Highlander is a piece of cake.

I don't understand what difficulty you are having with that.

Edited by Appogee, 18 June 2013 - 01:37 PM.

#253 BlackDrakon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 576 posts
  • LocationEl Salvador

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:34 PM

So, a release of another mini poptart, without FIXING SRM's.....I guess PGI want us to keep poptarting...

Fix the SRM'S guys cmon!! how hard it is?

#254 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:34 PM

View PostZerberus, on 18 June 2013 - 01:11 PM, said:

Learn to let go of the spacebar before shooting already.
This. But you can also fire while jumping and still hit if you want to. Practice in the training grounds.

#255 Xigunder Blue

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 425 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, Alabama

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:37 PM

Yeah, well, ok - I am disappointed with the patch. Not much there except a new 'sale' to make more money. I already invested a couple hundred dollars in this game but have lately not played much. Neither has my unit. I have no objection to 'Sales' and have bought stuff myself. But I really wish there were more fixes and new features than sales pitches. It does seem, objectively, that PGI programmers are having problems working with the engine, don't know why. Designers at PGI made a serious mistake in basic design structure by starting at any level other than the bottom of the scale. From there, 90% of changes (like weapon balancing) would be metered increases (buffs). Complaints would come in at start and you buff that system until they stop, whether closed or open beta. However, what is done is done - they can't fix it now. Argh TL:DR already. Just have to wait till July 2.

#256 Kunae

• 4,303 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:46 PM

View PostDamocles69, on 18 June 2013 - 01:28 PM, said:

disgruntled poptart is disgruntled. your cheat tart is gone. L2P, adapt, be better at the game.

(sucks to have this thrown back into your face doesn't it)

:)
Not sure if trolling, or just stupid.

It's in what you quoted, Einstein.

#257 Magik0012

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:46 PM

No Founders Mech re-paint ability?

#258 Kunae

• 4,303 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:49 PM

View PostZerberus, on 18 June 2013 - 01:27 PM, said:

But that would be an assumption on your part now, wouldn`t it. :)

No, actually, it was a question.

If you'll note, I didn't make statements, attempting to use that as a straw-man, as you and others are doing in this and many other threads.

#259 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:49 PM

View PostLakeDaemon, on 18 June 2013 - 12:21 PM, said:

Yeah, some of you people are major ingrates and whiners. Your righteous indignation and frothing impatience with what would otherwise be a completely closed development process is sad. Things do not always go according to plan. Im a founder too and you dont see me ******* about little details and what a dev said and didnt say. Grow up.

If you are unable to play due to issues with the game and you are a paying player, only then you have a good reason but there are ways to submit and get help for your issues. Be a beta tester, not a cheerios-flinging child ffs..

Regardless, accusations of lying and incompetence or just simple ingratitude and lack of faith in what is a long long process is beneath the standards of our community.

If you want to praise PGI for what they have or haven't done that is your prerogative. But don't belittle others opinions toward PGI when we think they have dropped the ball. If I direct a comment directly toward you, feel free to defend yourself, but those of us that are disgruntled are directing our frustration to PGI in hopes they will listen, is directed at PGI only. Let PGI defend themselves by their own communications, which are lacking greatly at this point regarding numerous issues, especially CW.

Edited by Coolant, 18 June 2013 - 01:59 PM.

#260 VagGR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 581 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:53 PM

this is one shitstorm that PGI should have seen coming and could have easily avoided...is it a bad patch? no...a new mech, some graphical tweaks, some balance tweaks..its fine..no its not. you tweaked the wrong things...and the most irrelevant at this point in meta. flamers and machinegun buff in a world of PPCs. LPL and SPL were in need of normilization but PPCs are fine...PPC did not need any normilization because you are working on your secret heat formula -> firing 4+ PPCs will produce

10*3-(15/5):10+32*0.5+45% * (number of PPC fired) more heat..this way we can have a better balanced solution for high pinpoint alpha boats than just increasing PPC heat ...

as for 3 PPCs they are fine no problem there. its not like you can use them with a gauss..

yes im being sarcastic..im sorry i cant help it...and i usually dont write this kind of posts but i had higher hopes..its not a bad patch..but its not a good one either...for me its like never happened, pointless tweaks, no real issues adressed..wait for the next one and hope for something better

Edited by VagGR, 18 June 2013 - 02:12 PM.

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users