#61 DONTOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:54 PM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...41c209902135100
Never have I made a more suitable buld to my playstyle than this mech right here. Hits at all ranges, can brawl, used to get good boost from those 2 JJs for a moderate amount of poptarting probably not an more though.

YOU HAVE TO MAX THE LEG ARMOR ON QUICKDRAWS, they are nicknamed quicklegged for a reason. Also I love hot mech builds but yours is gruesome at 20%, i guess be very mindful of your ERPPC, but I would in all honesty downgrade to a reg. PPC since you have plenty of other weapons for close range punch. Also being faster than the Clan heavy mechs is very important so I would highly recomend way more speed than an XL300 can give you.

Oh damn this thread is old i just realized lol.

ZOMBIE THREAD!

Edited by DONTOR, 30 January 2015 - 03:55 PM.

#62 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 06:36 PM

View PostRando Slim, on 30 January 2015 - 03:19 PM, said:

Wubdraws are cool too but the lack of range is frustrating.

Try
this

remember to torso twist like hell

#63 L a S e R

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 05:59 AM

is IV four any good with max engine?

#64 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 09:14 AM

View PostL a S e R, on 31 January 2015 - 05:59 AM, said:

nope,in my opinion the optimal for 2 AC5(or single gauss) + 2 srm6 + 2 medium lasers + 1JJ is XL265

2 AC5:s and ERLL work best with XL280

#65 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 31 January 2015 - 10:06 AM

View PostL a S e R, on 31 January 2015 - 05:59 AM, said:

Best I come up with is this. Use the AC/10 sparingly. Alpha with the MPL and SRM4.

"Rio Grande"

#66 L a S e R

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 10:50 AM

View PostJody Von Jedi, on 31 January 2015 - 10:06 AM, said:

Best I come up with is this. Use the AC/10 sparingly. Alpha with the MPL and SRM4.

"Rio Grande"

sorry I just meant big engine. Ive been on smurfy thinking dual ac 5 dual ml dul srm6 w/ xl 280

#67 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 12:23 PM

View PostL a S e R, on 31 January 2015 - 10:50 AM, said:

sorry I just meant big engine. Ive been on smurfy thinking dual ac 5 dual ml dul srm6 w/ xl 280

its has cardboard armor or not enough ammo

300 min for srms,120 rounds min for ac5:s,since the 2 medium lasers are pretty meh when you run dry.

decent long range setup,fat shadowhawk

AC5-support brawler

same with gauss + srms

STD-engine long range

STD-engine brawler

those are couple of my favourite builds. note the jump jets and nearly full armor

#68 Zordicron

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 07:25 PM

Well, just about got basics on IV-4, with lulz dual gauss loadout. So far, I get:

Several matches where I get 400+ dmg with moderate assists and a kill or two(remember, well placed dual gauss will not put out huge dmg numbers because there is no dmg spread) and team wins pretty handily capitalizing on blown out or exposed torsos I open at mid range.

One match in between where I get massacred because my team is trying to hide behind me for some reason.

Because I do not have even all the basics unlocked yet, I can honestly say the loadout has surprised me. I was expecting a bunch of less than mediocre 200 dmg games with bad match scores, but that hasnt been the case. Big mechs get whacked with dual gauss. My ISP is bad, so my PING is terribad, so occasionally I get this really wierdness where I will aim at somthing about 800M off, fire, and my slugs will hit dirt like 30M away from where my crosshairs were lol. But thats not anything on the mech, thats just my ISP Frontier Comm. being shitbagz.

Wubdraw is flat out amazing, but laser vomit is the meta so it shouldnt surprise anyone. get a Fat pal, and then chainfire 6 MPL non stop into whatever fat thing your fat pal is shooting for dmg racking up really fast. Use the JJ ability to brawl halfway well, on a colder map where you can alpha strike more often, it brawls really well.

3 SRM4 and 4 ML on the H has been surprisingly good as a sneaky brawler. Hvae done a couple long around flanks with a couple faster team mates now and scored multiple kills per using SRPRZBUTSEKS method of alphastrike to the rear. NO ONE EXPECTS THE FLANKING QKD!

One last note so far, JJ on QKD: go big or dont bother. For whatever reason QKD cant jump it's own freeking height unless you max out on JJ, or maybe 4 at least. I didnt bother on IV-4 lulz loadout, didnt have tonnage and 1 JJ is pointless.

So thus far, they are.....ok. I don;t think they deserve the "OMGBADZ" reputation the tryhards give them, certainly there are more broken bad mechs in this game then the QKD. they just feel failry inconsistent is all, but that may change too when I get elites etc going, or maybe you know, put a module on them or somthing.

#69 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 31 January 2015 - 07:48 PM

I love my QKDs! They really kick butt in CW too!

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c54f2be02c0044f

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...6aebbd807b4471b

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...ab9d0decb87aecc

#70 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 01 February 2015 - 08:36 AM

View PostCookiemonter669, on 30 January 2015 - 06:36 PM, said:

Try
this

remember to torso twist like hell

Cookie,

I took you up on the challenge. You like my results? This was my 1st match with it configured this way. I kept my XL360 though. :D

Posted Image

#71 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 08:41 AM

yep,pretty good,i always liked the 6 wub quickie with 350 tho,can cram ALL the heatsinks in.

#72 N a p e s

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 02 February 2015 - 12:34 PM

Came to this thread a few days ago and ended up rebuilding my 4H with medium pulse lasers and ASRM4 launchers. Quirks seem to have made a huge difference for this mech.

Edited by Napes339, 02 February 2015 - 12:35 PM.

#73 UnHolyLegion

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 91 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 12:45 PM

View PostEldagore, on 31 January 2015 - 07:25 PM, said:

Well, just about got basics on IV-4, with lulz dual gauss loadout. So far, I get:

Several matches where I get 400+ dmg with moderate assists and a kill or two(remember, well placed dual gauss will not put out huge dmg numbers because there is no dmg spread) and team wins pretty handily capitalizing on blown out or exposed torsos I open at mid range.

One match in between where I get massacred because my team is trying to hide behind me for some reason.

Because I do not have even all the basics unlocked yet, I can honestly say the loadout has surprised me. I was expecting a bunch of less than mediocre 200 dmg games with bad match scores, but that hasnt been the case. Big mechs get whacked with dual gauss. My ISP is bad, so my PING is terribad, so occasionally I get this really wierdness where I will aim at somthing about 800M off, fire, and my slugs will hit dirt like 30M away from where my crosshairs were lol. But thats not anything on the mech, thats just my ISP Frontier Comm. being shitbagz.

Wubdraw is flat out amazing, but laser vomit is the meta so it shouldnt surprise anyone. get a Fat pal, and then chainfire 6 MPL non stop into whatever fat thing your fat pal is shooting for dmg racking up really fast. Use the JJ ability to brawl halfway well, on a colder map where you can alpha strike more often, it brawls really well.

3 SRM4 and 4 ML on the H has been surprisingly good as a sneaky brawler. Hvae done a couple long around flanks with a couple faster team mates now and scored multiple kills per using SRPRZBUTSEKS method of alphastrike to the rear. NO ONE EXPECTS THE FLANKING QKD!

One last note so far, JJ on QKD: go big or dont bother. For whatever reason QKD cant jump it's own freeking height unless you max out on JJ, or maybe 4 at least. I didnt bother on IV-4 lulz loadout, didnt have tonnage and 1 JJ is pointless.

So thus far, they are.....ok. I don;t think they deserve the "OMGBADZ" reputation the tryhards give them, certainly there are more broken bad mechs in this game then the QKD. they just feel failry inconsistent is all, but that may change too when I get elites etc going, or maybe you know, put a module on them or somthing.

IDK why this one just make me laugh out loud at work lol

#74 Richard Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 886 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 04:43 AM

I was wondering if I could get some advice on my current quickdraw mech, I've not got the credits to upgrade the engine massively yet, so I've put a lrm 5 in it just so I can add some support fire as I don't think I'm fast enough yet to get in and out to deliver my srms without suffering some serious return fire.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...9c0c98f61c4333d

#75 warner2

• 1,101 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 05:13 AM

A single LRM5 is almost worthless. Your build doesn't have anywhere near enough armour on it. You need armour to survive.

In it's current state the 4H seems to be a tricky 'mech to make anything useful with and I doubt it does anything better than any other 'mech.

This is a properly armoured pure brawler: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b561e4d422a0485

You could take 3LRM10 + Tag plus some mediums perhaps and go all out as a missile boat?

You might find some ideas here but there are probably plenty of XL engines in use: http://metamechs.com...ides/quickdraw/

If you want to contribute from range and keep the SRMs you might be able to make something work with 2LL and 3SRM4. Might need a slightly smaller standard engine for that if you've got any lying around.

#76 Richard Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 886 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 05:34 AM

Literally took one shot to the back and my back was red and I died seconds later. I'll play about with the armour. I want to be able to get in and out without taking much damage, hard to do if anything to the back cripples me.

Edited by Deimos Alpha, 17 May 2015 - 05:54 AM.

#77 Night Thastus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 825 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 06:59 AM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...0fdcb8c2499f417

Bam.
Screw the meta.
Screw the high DPS.
Screw the wubs.
Screw everything.

This build shoves the meta right back at people's faces, and does what the quickdraw does best: Go fast.

#78 Hardac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 409 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 08:01 AM

I run the H with 2 LPL in ST 2 SRM4 2 ML's

#79 Richard Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 886 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 12:34 PM

I just made this build, it's real fast, I tried to use it with srms but against organised groups after a couple of games it was obviously to big and fragile to take any sustained fire or I wasn't simply skilled enough. This one swaps out the srms with lrms and swaps a laser for a tag, it moves super quick and can jump alright as well.

Posted Image

Edited by Deimos Alpha, 18 May 2015 - 12:36 PM.

#80 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 May 2015 - 12:55 PM

used that for a while.
tough to play. very tough... but also unbelievably effective on most maps.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users