What players do you expect to see in Mechwarrior: Online?

119 replies to this topic

#101 CCC Dober

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 01:00 PM

View PostStriplingWarrior, on 09 June 2012 - 10:05 AM, said:

There are no successful leming players in WoT

As far as I'm concerned, they regularly succeed to ruin the game of somebody. And they are incredibly good at it. IS4/7s or T54s die like retards all the time - to quote one of the US players. If lemmings in said tanks end up on your team (their favorite tanks btw) then I wish you good luck, you gonna need it badly.

#102 StriplingWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 126 posts
  • LocationBarony of Gryphon's Lair, Kingdom of Artemesia

Posted 09 June 2012 - 01:37 PM

View PostCCC Dober, on 09 June 2012 - 01:00 PM, said:

As far as I'm concerned, they regularly succeed to ruin the game of somebody. And they are incredibly good at it. IS4/7s or T54s die like retards all the time - to quote one of the US players. If lemmings in said tanks end up on your team (their favorite tanks btw) then I wish you good luck, you gonna need it badly.

I suppose that if that is how you wish to define success, they are very good at it. Ruining their teams chances at a win is what they are good at. Unfortunately, my platoonmates and myself, or I(alone mind you) are always left to defend the other flank, alone, to die valiantly in defense of.....
hemorrhaging credits the whole time. No wonder randoms suck so bad, and I am almost done with the game.

edit: sorry, that sentance is clunky but I am to tired to work out why.

Edited by StriplingWarrior, 09 June 2012 - 01:38 PM.

#103 Duma

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationAltus, Oklahoma

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:01 PM

View PostZekeTheZealot, on 09 June 2012 - 12:12 AM, said:

Honestly, from what i've read in the Forums thus far, i expect a far less troll/dick-populated game experience. People seem to be intelligent individuals in this forum, which is strange and terrifying to me.

Hopefully this translates to in-game.

This is a good thing. There are scads of BT/MW veterans out there. So basically we're going to have a far more mature player base than you'd see with most other games. Given that the "veterans" have been playing/following the BT universe for 10+years this translates into mature forum/gameplay interaction. I look forward to it. It will be refreshing.

#104 SilX

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 15 posts
  • LocationGreece. Rhodes Island

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:45 PM

Mass Behaviour is based in some "unseen" factors. First is the Communal Infrastructure of the people that want-decide to- lead Companies of people, either as Merc Groups or simply teams or even House factors. They will define the general direction of things from the beggining and provide to the rest of us a somehow clear picture of the social map. From this situation comes 2 possible ways. 1: Play for fun only and do whatever kind of teams. 2: At any lvl organised lances trying to train, learn and specify their tactics. About 80% of the 1st Group will disappear and about 80% of the 2nd Group will prevail. After everything is natural course... Hope to see Off Battle factors and effects, some mechanics that make you feel that its not just a battleground, its a whole universe that some people sut down and worked their heads in order to describe it to the bone.

#105 John Clavell

• 1,609 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:47 PM

I'd expect to see lots of Battletech and MechWarrior vets. Then I'd expect to see a whole new generation of MechWarrior pilots born, just how I was pulled into the fold with MechWarrior: Vengeance.

#106 AussieGiant

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 240 posts
  • LocationZurich, Switzerland

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:55 PM

View PostSerevn, on 08 June 2012 - 08:45 PM, said:

The swarm of Russians from World of Tanks. ;)

Oh dear... ;)

Edited by AussieGiant, 10 June 2012 - 01:09 AM.

#107 rilianv

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:00 PM

from what ive seen in the forums so far, you have a lot of battletech/mechwarrior fans who know what their talking about. you also have quite a few noobs who when you mention victor steiner-davion or the clans, they have no idea what you're talking about.
So all in all. I think we'll have a fairly diverse group at the start

#108 Rhovan

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:02 PM

A swarm of players from World of tanks (Not only russians)

Oldschool MW1 veterans like me

and a lot of new players who have fun handling a 100 ton heavy war maschine ;)

#109 Xantars

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 477 posts
  • LocationSome were in house Stiner Space

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:13 PM

well Im a team player and if the folks i signed on with dont no diddly about tatics and cant take hints about it then ill find people that can

#110 AussieGiant

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 240 posts
  • LocationZurich, Switzerland

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:20 PM

The one thing that is confirmed and different from many other games released in the last 10 years, is this is a 20+ year old game with many many players in their 30's and older. I'm curious to see what impact this has on the game in comparison to others.

I assume it will be a positive effect.

All I know is...it's going to be an entertaining time when the open beta starts.

We'll have to wait and see as it's all speculation right now.

Edited by AussieGiant, 09 June 2012 - 11:25 PM.

#111 Bruticus Stickalot

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:21 PM

i know alot of members from my clan that played mechwarrior 1 on and the crew in clan that plays world of tanks are gonna play.i am a old time battletech minitures player as well and even had a battletech game for my amiga

#112 Eviscerator

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:27 PM

View PostFreyar, on 09 June 2012 - 02:04 AM, said:

Why would anyone be afraid of WoT players?

Because a great number of us are Mechwarrior Veterans. ;)

#113 Elysion

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:04 AM

But ive taken my e-50 in WoT, rushed straight to the enemy base, cleared out all their arty, then sniped the rest of their team from their own base =P

#114 Gorith

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:15 AM

you will see plenty of people from all over gaming I'm sure... MW/BT vets, WoT players, Moba Players, Curious nooblets, chronic griefers (don't care about them or hate them you cant escape them... in any game)

Edited by Gorith, 10 June 2012 - 12:15 AM.

#115 CCC Dober

• 1,881 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:28 AM

View PostStriplingWarrior, on 09 June 2012 - 01:37 PM, said:

I suppose that if that is how you wish to define success, they are very good at it. Ruining their teams chances at a win is what they are good at. Unfortunately, my platoonmates and myself, or I(alone mind you) are always left to defend the other flank, alone, to die valiantly in defense of.....
hemorrhaging credits the whole time. No wonder randoms suck so bad, and I am almost done with the game.

edit: sorry, that sentance is clunky but I am to tired to work out why.

Sounds familiar all in all. I've had it with the underhanded 'balancing' and communication policy. Life's been good ever since I jumped that sinking wreck =)

Edited by CCC Dober, 10 June 2012 - 12:28 AM.

#116 Itrosnoc

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:28 AM

i expect disappointment... as everything i have pre-bought lately had been total crap. ranging from incomplete alphas to what the hell was i thinking... but the game makers are running out of shineys to show me and my interests are narrowing. they snuck this MWO on me well.

#117 Mr Insane

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:12 PM

View PostItrosnoc, on 10 June 2012 - 12:28 AM, said:

i expect disappointment... as everything i have pre-bought lately had been total crap. ranging from incomplete alphas to what the hell was i thinking... but the game makers are running out of shineys to show me and my interests are narrowing. they snuck this MWO on me well.

Ouch. Well, I agree that they have exposed the game too early for the amount of gameplay shown, but I don't think it's THAT bad...yet. We have like what, a month until we can play this? Should give it another chance later on once it's actually open beta.

#118 TripleHex

• 1,636 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationOut of range of your weapons

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:40 PM

Well, I'm not sure what players we'll see in MWO, but I pray to the gods that they're all HUMAN... aliens would just ruin the gameplay in my mind.

#119 Freyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 413 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:58 PM

View PostTripleHex, on 10 June 2012 - 12:40 PM, said:

Well, I'm not sure what players we'll see in MWO, but I pray to the gods that they're all HUMAN... aliens would just ruin the gameplay in my mind.

That or bots, right?

#120 Kasseopea

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 109 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:53 PM

I expect Grievers. No srsly, the first and biggest guild in Perpetuum was a guild, which specialized on PK. Additionally, once your Mech got destroyed it was gone and you had to farm for a new one - the guild basically just waited outside of the noobzone and killed everyone, driving this promising game into ruin, as no one wanted to play in vain.

When told, they would just make the game loose all its players and disappear, as no one would pay, they righteously stated, that its a game mechanic and if the devs didnt want to be it used this way, they wouldnt have implemented it in the first way.

Lets hope this game has some griever-protection

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users