So... Goonswarm in the Capellan Confederation?

764 replies to this topic

#41 The Mittani

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 01:34 AM

View PostOgryn, on 09 June 2012 - 01:28 AM, said:

Mittens is powered by tears, poor grammer and rageposts. Unfortunately, it means that he's pretty much unbeatable.

This thread has been reposted in part to the SA MWO megathread and the hysteria is attracting a lot of goon interest, so thanks guys for helping with the Word of Lowtax recruiting drive! Working together, we can build a strong, vibrant goon community in MWO just as we have in EVE and WoT!

hi5s all around~

#42 Serevn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 472 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 09 June 2012 - 01:34 AM

View PostThe Mittani, on 09 June 2012 - 01:22 AM, said:

Hi.

I'm the CEO of Goonswarm. How are things?

You seem sad. Would you like a hug? Cheer up, kiddo! We're here to smash the Davions because they are the most thin-skinned of the entirety of the Battletech community.

Oh hey you made another post. It was worse than the previous one!

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Sorry we usually try to point Adridos at the FedSuns. Do you mind telling us the stuff about goonswarm a lot of people apparently have no idea about?

Edited by Serevn, 09 June 2012 - 01:37 AM.

#43 redcynic

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 01:37 AM

Yo Mittani, Is Lowtax Goon only? cuz if so i guess im shelling out 10 monies for an SA account.

Stupid question, I know, but it was going to be asked eventually.

#44 The Mittani

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 01:40 AM

View Postredcynic, on 09 June 2012 - 01:37 AM, said:

Yo Mittani, Is Lowtax Goon only? cuz if so i guess im shelling out 10 monies for an SA account.

Stupid question, I know, but it was going to be asked eventually.

[10BUX] is a SA clan, but we'll probably have some CFC allies from EVE who are chill too. We do not recruit from the public, which is part of the reason those GOONS RECRUIT EVERY NEWBIE HURRRR BLOBBER posts a bit ago were amusing.

#45 soulfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 320 posts
  • Locationhere

Posted 09 June 2012 - 01:46 AM

Well MWO is a different animal than eve. There are other good groups around that play in multiple games they just dont have as catchy a name and they play the games to enjoy them. If there was a section of the game tailor made for goons it would prob be clan, trouble is of coarse the Devs will be controlling the clans along with everything else in one way or another. One of the reasons I say they are two different types of games Eve lets players make the history, lets larger groups be a better thing. Here devs are trying to recreate a history timeline so they are going to control the reins closely. They can all pile into a certain house but yet again devs are controlling the houses so they will be just players in a house. They can build a large Merc corp but mercs can only control a planet, I guess they can break up into twenty merc corp and own twenty planets, if devs let them but 20 out of hundreds mm yea. Dont forget mercs get jobs through the merc board controlled by the devs. If MWO stays with the best method of controlling in game economy i.e. funds, equipment so forth can not be transferred from one account to another (something wow messed up on) one of the benifits of large groups is taken away. I hope they always stay with the no currancy or equipment transfering. You would have thought that Blizzard would have learned their lesson but they havent. Diablo 3s in game auction funds can be transfered between players. This last patch opened players to general chat which I always close down,first message I received through general chat was Buy Gold!! I now have to shut general chat off everytime I play the game. Anyway there are better trained large multiple game guilds out there and some have a large pool of x military people in them who know stratigy and tactics and have been grilling their people in mw4 to work well as units. They are the ones that will be beating your butts not the goons. If fighing these groups makes all of us better players its all good for the game.

Edited by soulfire, 09 June 2012 - 01:59 AM.

#46 ice trey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  • LocationFukushima, Japan

Posted 09 June 2012 - 01:48 AM

I haven't had to deal with GoonSwarm since I generally don't like playing MP games in the first place (I'm making an exception for MWO, because it's Mechwarrior - and I don't get a choice to play single player).

If one of the main concerns about GoonSwarm is that they use numbers to win, then I don't see how that'll be an issue with this game. I think that there's a 12-on-12 limit, which will eliminate much of that advantage.

As for the tactics they use, probably a good thing they're going Capellan. Cappies are kind of the black-hatted-villain faction up until you get Sun Tzu Liao behind the helm. They're less known for their military prowess than they are for stuff like inciting uprisings to destabilize regions, and sending assassins against foreign leaders.

So if you've got a bunch of guys who "Fight dirty", as it were, then the CC is a good home for them. If they breach actual rules of the game, then let the admins and mods deal with them.

Edited by ice trey, 09 June 2012 - 01:50 AM.

#47 Serevn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 472 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 09 June 2012 - 01:52 AM

View Postice trey, on 09 June 2012 - 01:48 AM, said:

Cappies are kind of the black-hatted-villain faction

I resent that remark

#48 Gaspard

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 09 June 2012 - 01:53 AM

Alls I know is that I have stairs in my house and am protected.

#49 Sekkoutai

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 01:53 AM

View Postredcynic, on 09 June 2012 - 01:37 AM, said:

cuz if so i guess im shelling out 10 monies for an SA account.

Please take some time to think this over before taking that course of action. First, by merely mentioning it, you have labeled yourself as a "join for guild" or J4G. J4G's are usually looked at in the same manner as one would stare wide-eyed at something they found behind their refrigerator.

Second, if it turns out that either you are not compatible with goons, or goons are not your kind of people after all, you will have indeed wasted 10BUX.

I'm not trying to discourage you, but you've already stepped off on the wrong foot.

#50 marcus elgin

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 01:58 AM

View Postsoulfire, on 09 June 2012 - 01:46 AM, said:

If there was a section of the game tailor made for goons it would prob be clan

Haha, this is about as far from the truth as one can get. The amount of weird ideas people have about goons is kind of boggling.

Edited by marcus elgin, 09 June 2012 - 02:16 AM.

#51 Hanged Man

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:06 AM

I'm totally okay with this, if it's so. I'm planning on going Capellan and actually haven't had any issues with goons, they seem to have a decent organization while enthusiasm lasts.

I, for one, welcome our new robot overlords.

#52 Seadogs

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:09 AM

Hi

#53 Kylarus

• PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:12 AM

Seems like a classy bunch of folks. I've seen the name thrown around a bit, but haven't seen them in action. They seem like the biggest cross platform gaming clan and they are more interested in fun than anything else. Let'em come play. It'll be interesting to see what they do, and they'll probably teach people a thing or twenty about mechwarrior.

#54 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:24 AM

Mittani, can I ask you something?

How much are these true facts? Because they kinda make sense:

"GoonSwarm was (in)famous for utilizing "zerg-like" tactics against their enemies with smaller ships such as T1 cruisers and frigates, willingly sacrificing a dozen or more small cheap ships to destroy a single Heavy Assault Cruiser or T2 fitted Battleship. This is partially due to the fact that they have a constant influx of new, inexperienced players without the skills or resources to buy and fit Tech 2 ship or modules.

They recruited the majority of their members from the SomethingAwful.com forums, where they hold regular 'newbie drives' where they encourage non-players to try out EVE Online and join their corporation.

Goonfleet and The Greater Goon have no minimum skill point requirements."

These facts contradict your statements and are quite positive on everything I have ever read/heard/saw about you and your alliance. ;)

Edited by Adridos, 09 June 2012 - 02:26 AM.

#55 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:33 AM

They're less known for their military prowess...

And still the CapCon has the best Battletech unit out there. ;)

...and sending assassins against foreign leaders.

Ehr...no, thats a Marik and Steiner thing.

#56 Orv

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:34 AM

View PostAdridos, on 09 June 2012 - 02:24 AM, said:

"GoonSwarm was (in)famous for utilizing "zerg-like" tactics against their enemies with smaller ships such as T1 cruisers and frigates, willingly sacrificing a dozen or more small cheap ships to destroy a single Heavy Assault Cruiser or T2 fitted Battleship. This is partially due to the fact that they have a constant influx of new, inexperienced players without the skills or resources to buy and fit Tech 2 ship or modules.

They recruited the majority of their members from the SomethingAwful.com forums, where they hold regular 'newbie drives' where they encourage non-players to try out EVE Online and join their corporation.

These facts contradict your statements and are quite positive on everything I have ever read/heard/saw about you and your alliance. ;)

And yet again, zerging can't be done in an XvX match format.

Secondly, you have to be a member of Something Awful to even partake in the "newbie drive", they don't just let in some... they let in a lot of shmucks crazy enough to play EVE but they're all prior goons.

Edited by Orv, 09 June 2012 - 02:34 AM.

#57 The Mittani

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:37 AM

View PostAdridos, on 09 June 2012 - 02:24 AM, said:

Entirely true... in 2006.

Don't let your poor research abilities stop you from feeling smug, though!

#58 Chuggernaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 220 posts
  • LocationKelestra City, Furillo, Grand Duchy of Furillo

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:40 AM

Hey, if you Liaos didn't want the goons in your faction, maybe those jamokes at House Davion should have been a little less laughable and also maybe not so gratifying to smash.

#59 ChaosGrinder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 881 posts
  • LocationNew Eden

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:41 AM

Still, the Goons do have the unique ability to terrorize a huge group of other players. Mittani and his goons are , at least in eve, pretty much unrivalled, because The Mit is with CCP. Wich isn´t necessarily a bad thing, but ... well, goons are goons, and their view of thins often collides with what it should really be.

#60 The Mittani

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:45 AM

Internet robot games: serious business.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users