Project Phoenix - Feedback

965 replies to this topic

#141 Cypher Seven

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:12 PM

this is great and all. and it may take my cash. I have one question tho,

where is my 25th patch with the Special Mech? come on. How can you expect me to drop cash on new shinies if you cannot deliver something so heavily campagined for by the community on time....

#142 Wizard Steve

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Anyone having issues with payment? Playspan has taken my money (via Paypal) but I've had no email confirmation from either PGI/IGP, Playspan or Paypal and I'm still offered the option to buy on the signup page (which isn't how the founders page worked).

#143 Mike Getsome

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

30 days PREMUM time for free!! Only 80$ for something you will get in 3.5 months!!

Pre-purchase pre-purchased!

I'm so excited! Can't wait!!

P.S. I hope these mechs have proper hardpoints to BOAT PPCs in them, also where is the package with heavy+assault mechs only? Since they are the only weight types being used in the game currently.

huh?

#144 Anonynonymous

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 141 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:13 PM

View PostJaguar Prime, on 25 June 2013 - 12:47 PM, said:

WOW!!!!! It's amazing how easily some people are distracted by a new shiny.

This is a blatant money grab. I wounder how much will be funneled to Mechwarrior Tactics or some other project.

So, where is Community Warfare? Where is UI 2.0. Where are the clan mechs?

After reading the last few pages, I guess it's doing what it's suppose to do. Distract the sheep from the current problems at hand. just my opinion.

For one thing, it's kind of a huge deal for the unseens to be reseen. And psssssst, the limited edition mechs in these packages offer Loyalty Point Bonus. Shouldn't be too difficult for you to figure out what that means.

Edited by Anonynonymous, 25 June 2013 - 01:15 PM.

#145 Mike Getsome

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:14 PM

View PostWizard Steve, on 25 June 2013 - 01:12 PM, said:

Anyone having issues with payment? Playspan has taken my money (via Paypal) but I've had no email confirmation from either PGI/IGP, Playspan or Paypal and I'm still offered the option to buy on the signup page (which isn't how the founders page worked).

It happens, you just have to buy it one more time!

Edited by Mike Getsome, 25 June 2013 - 01:14 PM.

#146 BlackBeltJones

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:17 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 25 June 2013 - 11:57 AM, said:

I know, I brew my coffee with a French press and a fine haze of particulate always gets through the screen.

off-topic for sure but you should the the AeroPress for coffee making, it is a religious experience.

#147 xBAATORx

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 8 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:21 PM

I had such high hopes for this game.. sigh... I wonder if PGI just strayed too far from their initial project plan and thus are unable to find the answer to the success of this game's future? Is it too far along in the programming to go back?...

Although the game can be fun, lately it just is not... time is not on PGi's side and this could be contributed to the unfolding drama that is MWO...

Good luck in finding the answer PGI...i'm crossing fingers but closing the wallet for now.. sry

ps... i wonder if too many teams were beating up on PGI live 8-man drops too much? Didn't let them win a few at least :wub:

#148 Stalkerr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 404 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:22 PM

This is the best deal on the citadel.

#149 Capt Cole 117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • LocationSeattle Aerospace Defense Command, Terra

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:22 PM

People should be very wary of any company that frequently uses standing room only sales tactics and nostalgia to sell. It kind of makes me mad to think that after spending 120 dollars on this game I'm still being pressured to buy quickly or else never have the ability to option all the games content.
I never use the founders mechs because their all sub-par in their weight class (and the HBK-4G is terrible), so I advise against buying these mechs that will in all likelihood be shiny turds. I know I won't.

#150 Dirus Nigh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:23 PM

Hmm just looked at the locusts hard points. Like the spider 5K it should have two energy points in the CT.

#151 Stoicblitzer

• 1,931 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:23 PM

View PostAcid Phase, on 25 June 2013 - 11:32 AM, said:

Self control is key. My mind just needs to be set on game balance issues before anything.

i got excited then i played for an hour. back to being disgruntled.

#152 ryoma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:26 PM

View Postepikt, on 25 June 2013 - 01:08 PM, said:

Cool, I wanted a Locust.
But what about the guy wanting a Battlemaster? Does he really need to pay 80$ and buy 3 (9 actually) mechs he don't want to play? Founders had the choice. Do you really need to suck our money that way?
20 tons, no jets, a spider wil do better than this locust, only light mechs die-hard fans like myself would want to play it. Basicaly you force us to buy a mech that most of the players would call crap.

Agreed. The only mechs i want are the Battle master and Shadow hawk, but I'd have to waste money on two mechs I have no interest in.

Wish I could just choose.

#153 Tsula

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 516 posts
  • LocationNew Alavon

Well this puts me in a rock and hard spot really. I would like to own these and support a game I do hope gets better, but as it stands now I might as well be flushing $80.00 for a broken arms race game. If the alpha builds are fixed and hacks taken care of. Sure I give you eighty more. Till then work with the $120.00 I dropped to be a founder.

Also these are re seen Mechs. The Reseen are 'Mechs that were formerly Unseen but thanks to negotiations with the property owners are now present in the BattleTech universe. Hints how we have them now so we probably will not see a Warhammer or Marauder. We might, but not how we all know them. Heck the way Harmony Gold was upset about the Warhammer in the video when this was still in development makes me think that is never going to happen. Still prove to me its worth trusting for $80.00 and you have me till then I am holding off. Just want things fixed before I drop more cash.

#154 Savageson

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 85 posts
  • LocationWashington

So this new package is better then the founders package. 12 mechs for 80 bucks, 120 days of permuim time. The four phoenix mechs come with the standard 30% over 25% C-bill boost but an extra 10% faction loyalty boost.

I mean its tempting. I should also note I you cant MC these so as a founder to get access you just have to lay down 80 more bucks. They are going to show each new mech one a day tell the end of the week. They also have the buying window open tell the 25th of July. Which is nice for fence sitters like me.

I don't really know what to feel about this, it does hurt more I guess cause I bought a founders package but this snags at the little part of me that is sure if this game don't make it in some way we wont ever play a mechwarrrior title ever again. But then I'm just kind of angry that they have can have the looks of mechs stocked and not released for a larger ******** sell. If you buy them you get them in October. If you don't the last mech gets released in January of 2014. So they are still a part of the normal mech release schedule. Also I was looking forward to a clan announcement but we get this...Makes me think they have no money and are just trying to bribe us with content they got finished but are stringing along to milk extra money.

I just have trouble with it.

Edited by Savageson, 25 June 2013 - 01:28 PM.

#155 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:27 PM

View PostJaguar Prime, on 25 June 2013 - 12:47 PM, said:

WOW!!!!! It's amazing how easily some people are distracted by a new shiny.

This is a blatant money grab. I wounder how much will be funneled to Mechwarrior Tactics or some other project.

So, where is Community Warfare? Where is UI 2.0. Where are the clan mechs?

The Community Warfare has something to do with the 10% Loyalty Bonuses. UI 2.0 will have Inner Sphere maps for CW. Clan Mechs will come out when they add the Clans as playable factions (several of which have already been designated, as per the forum Easter Egg).

And, yes, this is a blatant money grab. It should be PAINFULLY OBVIOUS to everyone that this is a money grab. That's why it's called a "Sale" and not a "Give Away."

#156 Reclusiarch

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 17 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:30 PM

I have no interest in light or medium mechs, but to get a hold of the heavy and assault mech I need to buy all the mechs? I.. that's just cruel. :wub: Now i have to wait for the non-phonix variants!

#157 Tor Gungnir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:33 PM

So... what's the delivery time on this? I just completed the payment and got a reciept in the mail.

#158 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:34 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 25 June 2013 - 01:27 PM, said:

And, yes, this is a blatant money grab. It should be PAINFULLY OBVIOUS to everyone that this is a money grab. That's why it's called a "Sale" and not a "Give Away."

I think we can trust that advice, coming from a guy called Prosperity Park :wub:

View PostTor Gungnir, on 25 June 2013 - 01:33 PM, said:

So... what's the delivery time on this? I just completed the payment and got a reciept in the mail.

15 October. It says that in the FAQ.

#159 p00k

• 1,661 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:36 PM

View Postryoma, on 25 June 2013 - 01:26 PM, said:

Agreed. The only mechs i want are the Battle master and Shadow hawk, but I'd have to waste money on two mechs I have no interest in.

Wish I could just choose.

http://mwomercs.com/...h-now-debunked/

tl;dr PGI knows assaults dominate, want more $.

#160 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:36 PM

View Postepikt, on 25 June 2013 - 01:08 PM, said:

Cool, I wanted a Locust.
But what about the guy wanting a Battlemaster? Does he really need to pay 80$ and buy 3 (9 actually) mechs he don't want to play? Founders had the choice. Do you really need to suck our money that way?
20 tons, no jets, a spider wil do better than this locust, only light mechs die-hard fans like myself would want to play it. Basicaly you force us to buy a mech that most of the players would call crap.

I'm reminded of the countless posts stating people wanted to change their chosen mech, clear past when they ended the Founder program.

They are probably avoiding another incident by just saying what you get with what.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users