965 replies to this topic

#161 xRatas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 514 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:37 PM

Hehe, plain and clear money grab. No matter, Already ordered Guardian.

It's time for a new payment anyway, almost year from last round, and can't complain for that either, even ifa game is not perfect.

#162 Laserkid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 160 posts
  • LocationRural Southern Illinois

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:37 PM

This is just like the founders program, one will be able to purchase the same mechs but without the paint or bonuses with C-Bills when they are launched. People are over looking the important fine print. +10% to Loyalty Points. So this means they with launch with much fan fare when Community Warfare phase 3 launched and MWO comes out of Beta to version 1.0. The LP (loyalty points) will likely work as a third currency for mechs and gear that a certain faction is known for. Like Atlases with the Lyrans, Catapults with the Confederation, Jenners with the Combine. Now here is another thing , PGI plan of making manufacturer specific weapons, IE Blue Shot Lasers, Death Blossom LRMs, etc. These all have factories somewhere in the Inner Sphere and likely will be bought with LP.

So basically, PGI is mashing in some Eve Online Faction Warfare with their World of Tanks format. Minus the premium shells, plus more monocles.

Other all I approve, as a Founders myself. My CPLT-C1 (F) is just as viable as a regular one....now that Repair + Rearm is gone.

#163 Tor Gungnir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:39 PM

15th for the forum bling too?

Edited by Tor Gungnir, 25 June 2013 - 01:39 PM.

#164 Ergath Macfirtree

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:42 PM

Was definitely going to buy this, but I've changed my mind. A year ago I bought a founder's pack to support this game, at the price of a fully fledged release. So far all I've had is a fun beta. The clans are late and is becoming clear that this game is intended to continually tap the loyal fan base for funds - anyone want to bet there won't be a similar Clan Pack when they finally get there?

I don't want to pay the price of a new game a couple of times a year just for an online multiplayer game which consists of tiny 8v8 5 minute matches -sorry PGI.

#165 Felbombling

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,976 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:42 PM

Reintroduce the player counter so that I can buy with confidence.

#166 Tombstoner

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:57 PM

View PostErgath Macfirtree, on 25 June 2013 - 01:42 PM, said:

Was definitely going to buy this, but I've changed my mind. A year ago I bought a founder's pack to support this game, at the price of a fully fledged release. So far all I've had is a fun beta. The clans are late and is becoming clear that this game is intended to continually tap the loyal fan base for funds - anyone want to bet there won't be a similar Clan Pack when they finally get there?

I don't want to pay the price of a new game a couple of times a year just for an online multiplayer game which consists of tiny 8v8 5 minute matches -sorry PGI.

I how ever would gladly hand over some money to pilot a mech from my childhood.
This is the first time since the founders was announced that i have considered opening my wallet.

i have been vetoing with my money and posts one the forums. the amount of fun i have had playing MWO has been great.
Its why i think people are so pissed as PGI cause we see issues and hear nothing in regards to our concerns.

#167 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:57 PM

View PostLaserkid, on 25 June 2013 - 01:37 PM, said:

This is just like the founders program, one will be able to purchase the same mechs but without the paint or bonuses with C-Bills when they are launched. People are over looking the important fine print. +10% to Loyalty Points. So this means they with launch with much fan fare when Community Warfare phase 3 launched and MWO comes out of Beta to version 1.0. The LP (loyalty points) will likely work as a third currency for mechs and gear that a certain faction is known for. Like Atlases with the Lyrans, Catapults with the Confederation, Jenners with the Combine. Now here is another thing , PGI plan of making manufacturer specific weapons, IE Blue Shot Lasers, Death Blossom LRMs, etc. These all have factories somewhere in the Inner Sphere and likely will be bought with LP.

I believe Loyalty Points will not work as currency that can be spent.

According to their Dev Blogs, pilots will earn Loyalty with the Houses they fight with most often, and the strength of their Loyalty is "measured" in Loyalty Points. As you accumulate more Loyalty Points, the faction will consider you to be in Higher Standing, and you will begin to gain access to Faction-specific bonuses such as discounts on certain Mechs/variants that are associated with one of the houses in the BT Lore (a more near-term kind of bonus that has been tossed-around for a while) and discounts on locally-made goods (a longer-term feature once they get a chance to add-in company-specific weapons).

So, LP won't be like a third currency, but rather more a measure of your Social Status, and that a Higher Social Status = Access to more Privileges.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 25 June 2013 - 01:57 PM.

#168 Phaesphoros

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:58 PM

PGI...
Posted Image
(balance by Nerun, under CC)

Or even better... tell us what you're doing.

Edited by Phaesphoros, 25 June 2013 - 02:02 PM.

#169 C A R N A G E

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 97 posts
  • LocationTN

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:03 PM

Holy smoke!!hell yeah!!
I can't wait till payday.The battlemaster,thunderbolt,shadow hawk and locust were all tt favorites but man the thunderbolt sweeeet.:-) thanks PGI:-) :-)

#170 Benden

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 133 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:12 PM

What the hell... Another money grab ?
MWO web page is looking more like an advertising alley than anything else. Now you're throwing us another money grab like Founders packs in the last year ? Game development is soooo slow, where is going all the money ? MW Tactics ? Sins of dark ages ? in your pockets for another Ferrari or god knows what lubby you have ?
For one new mech (last one being Quickdraw), dev team is throwing us half a dozen "hero" mech to buy and now this new "project phoenix" money grab.
Shame on you PGI and you Mr Bullock to sell such a famous mech as the Battlemaster (by the way, i can already smell the legal issues about this one...).
Now hurry on building that game as it's expected to be (community warfare ffs) and stop asking for the money in such obvious ways.
A battletech fan and unhappy mwo player.

Edited by Benden, 25 June 2013 - 02:24 PM.

#171 BlackBeltJones

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:13 PM

So they are looking for 'hardcore' money to fund the 'normal' game?

#172 Mechsniper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 457 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:14 PM

I want to buy this, but PGI you really need to spill some info on how your planning on balancing things. I feel that a handful of old school players with different mech/play styles could have fixed the weapons balance issue months ago on a test server. I feel that things are being pushed back with insufficient explanations too frequently and that things being overnerfed regularly are hurting this games viability for the long run. ELO...... I love having 7 horrid first week players as teammates most games because my ratio's are a little over 1.0.......... makes pugging so fun.... NOT! Please trashcan ELO, put in weight based matchmaking, finish implementing an ingame lobby and chat so pugs are not lost, and then this would have been an easy purchase to make. I really want to hit "buy" today, but can't with so many issues unresolved with so little feedback from you developers as to "why". A good long winded post well done would smooth much of this over if you address the issues long hot in the forums and tell us how you will fix what is broken. I would hit buy that day if you really have some answers. I hope you do this, as this package would be smoking, IF we know the game it is in is going to work and be as awesome as we hope.

#173 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:22 PM

View PostBenden, on 25 June 2013 - 02:12 PM, said:

...stop asking for the money in such obvious ways.

I think all sales like this should be on the game website's Front Page, and the Home page of the game Client. This is a significant Sale with certain features that will not be available again in the future, so they should be giving it as much exposure as possible. it should be as obvious as possible.

If they made a Clan Founder's Program, it will be called a money-grab. When they sell anything, it will be called a money-grab. So I think we can all agree to just call all MC-related transactions and all direct-sales events as "Money Grabs." Trial-by-Fire sale? Money grab. Hero Mech sales? Money Grabs. We get it - they are asking for money.

What I really do like about the Project Phoenix Money Grab is how much stuff you get for the cash compared to the typical in-game prices. There's a thread where WolvesX broke the pricing down. The $80 Package gets you 32,850 MC worth of measurable stuff + an additional 9 8 Mech Variants that we don't know the MC pricing of. That's a bargain.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 25 June 2013 - 02:29 PM.
edit - 8 variants, not 9

#174 Hastur Azargo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 226 posts
  • LocationGloriana class battleship "Red Tear"

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:27 PM

Must not scream... Must not scream!.. Must not scream!! Must not scream!!!

aaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#175 BlackBeltJones

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:27 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 25 June 2013 - 02:22 PM, said:

I think all sales like this should be on the game website's Front Page, and the Home page of the game Client. This is a significant Sale with certain features that will not be available again in the future, so they should be giving it as much exposure as possible. it should be as obvious as possible.

If they made a Clan Founder's Program, it will be called a money-grab. When they sell anything, it will be called a money-grab. So I think we can all agree to just call all MC-related transactions and all direct-sales events as "Money Grabs." Trial-by-Fire sale? Money grab. Hero Mech sales? Money Grabs. We get it - they are asking for money.

What I really do like about the Project Phoenix Money Grab is how much stuff you get for the cash compared to the typical in-game prices. There's a thread where WolvesX broke the pricing down. The $80 Package gets you 32,850 MC worth of measurable stuff + an additional 9 Mech Variants that we don't know the MC pricing of. That's a bargain.

It certainly is hard to argue the good value of the packages and obviously these promotions are designed to make money - none of this is a problem for me. The good deal is more like adding thicker bread to a **** sandwich - given the poor gameplay and other problems who cares about a good value on mechs if the platform for their use is in such terrible shape.

#176 Fate 6

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:28 PM

View PostKattspya, on 25 June 2013 - 11:26 AM, said:

I already know you have great artists. What I don't know and what you haven't shown is that you have competent game designers. So, I think I'm going to wait to the latest possible date to do anything drastic like giving you money.

Had fun playing today despite no SRM's and gimped lights and mediums but please fix the game we are playing.

^

Hard for me to justify this package when:
-CW is still completely MIA
-No loyalty points for being a mercenary??? See first bullet point
-Most of these mechs sport multiple MGs, and that weapon is still a huge question mark
-Missile balance is nonexistent
-Chances of Shadow Hawk having an overly large model are pretty high

EDIT: Forgot to say that all of the mech models, judging from the black outline, look like big block robots again. We don't need more Highlander/QKD look-alikes

Edited by Fate 6, 25 June 2013 - 02:35 PM.

#177 juxstapo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,683 posts
  • Locationmy Tier is bigger than yours.

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:32 PM

game needs work, no argument here.

<--- isn't gonna stop playing, regardless.

Purchasing.

#178 Inkarnus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:33 PM

View PostSephlock, on 25 June 2013 - 11:50 AM, said:

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Marauder_II

#179 Straylight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 535 posts
  • LocationHarlech, Outreach

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:34 PM

Distinct lack of Marauder and Warhammer in this pack. I'll skip.

Thanks for the offer, though.

#180 Hazar Kath

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 60 posts
  • LocationEST

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:35 PM

Haven't finished going thru all the information yet, but so far it seems like it might be some pretty solid deals. If i'm reading it right, you get 12 mechs, Plus the necessary mech bays (1200 mc right there), 120 day pt, and 4 cockpit items for 80 bucks? That certainly sounds pretty sweet.

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users