Project Phoenix - Feedback

965 replies to this topic

#121 Nulnoil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 831 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:43 PM

No, no, and no again! I will not spend even a 50 cents until release of clans as playable factions. Enough! :wub:

#122 Grauluchs

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 5
  • Mercenary Rank 5
  • 106 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:44 PM

Now take my money and kick someones lazy *** to speed up the releas of the Marauder!

#123 Jaguar Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 219 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:47 PM

WOW!!!!! It's amazing how easily some people are distracted by a new shiny.

This is a blatant money grab. I wounder how much will be funneled to Mechwarrior Tactics or some other project.

So, where is Community Warfare? Where is UI 2.0. Where are the clan mechs?

After reading the last few pages, I guess it's doing what it's suppose to do. Distract the sheep from the current problems at hand. just my opinion.

#124 Ultra-Laser

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 298 posts

View PostAppogee, on 25 June 2013 - 11:48 AM, said:

It's an interesting name: Project Phoenix.

Are the devs tacitly acknowledging the game needs to rise from the ashes of the open beta...?

It actually a reference to the tabletop game. Project Phoenix was a project undertaken in 3067 by the great houses to tech up all their outdated mech chassis.

#125 Rizzelbizzeg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 744 posts
  • LocationRizzelbuzzing about

Ohhh shiny!

One question I have is do we get all the base variants (the non-phoenix ones) in October as well as the phoenix variants? Or do we get the base variants when they're unlocked for everyone else?

#126 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:48 PM

I just gave my $80...damn you guys! Now give me my Warhammer, Marauder and Archer...

#127 Rizzelbizzeg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 744 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:51 PM

View PostJaguar Prime, on 25 June 2013 - 12:47 PM, said:

This is a blatant money grab...

ROFL.

WTF?! Every time I go to the grocery store, all it is is a FRIGGIN MONEY GRAB!!!1!

I'm fairly certain MWO exists to make money...

#128 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:52 PM

View PostRizzelbizzeg, on 25 June 2013 - 12:47 PM, said:

Ohhh shiny!

One question I have is do we get all the base variants (the non-phoenix ones) in October as well as the phoenix variants? Or do we get the base variants when they're unlocked for everyone else?

It says it's all delivered on the 15th.

#129 Adrienne Vorton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:56 PM

View PostHumble Sea Bass, on 25 June 2013 - 11:00 AM, said:

I'm supposed to be mad at you for being bad at balancing. What are you doing to me?

not only balancing... there are many other reasons right now for me to refuse from falling for that... i know it´s buisness,but to me personally it feels like a scam... after they slapped my "elitist hardcore simfreak" face a few times this year, such an offer with "a few of the mechs you have been waiting for" for only 80$... available in october... after like 10 features that have not even been mentioned yet?

not gonna happen... who knows what PGI thinks next which parts are "uncomfortable for the normal average player" in MWO...

bring on some informations about the vital future content, then i might reconsider...

#130 SovietArmada

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 261 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:56 PM

Before i decide to preorder, i am curious on this games active population. I have played games that died withing a 2 years period, luckily i did not throw money in it.

MWO is REALLY fun, but i did some search about player activity and i can not find a definite answer, but speculation is that the population is falling. And i don't want to throw $80 to a game that might not even make it to launch or die further down the road (i hope it doesn't).

#131 ryoma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:57 PM

I honestly cannot justify spending forty dollars to get myself a Shadow Hawk. Even if I immediately sell my Locusts to free up the mech bays, I cannot justify it.

Please either add a bundle that just has Shadow Hawk, or let me pick Shadow Hawk instead of Locust for Talon.

#132 Tezcatli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:59 PM

View PostJaguar Prime, on 25 June 2013 - 12:47 PM, said:

WOW!!!!! It's amazing how easily some people are distracted by a new shiny.

This is a blatant money grab. I wounder how much will be funneled to Mechwarrior Tactics or some other project.

That is my worry too. When they went to GDC. They said they were hiring a ton of people. Yet we've got the same level of content and bad patches that we've had since open beta started. I am hopeful the reason it's like that is because they have those people working on stuff we haven't seen. Especially Community Warfare.

But we haven't heard much at all. So that's why I won't buy these packs. Not until they confirm what CW will be like.

#133 Morang

• 1,259 posts
  • LocationHeart of Darkness

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:59 PM

View Posthammerreborn, on 25 June 2013 - 12:17 PM, said:

If the faction medallions are hanging (and look extremely similar to the current medallions) then it pretty much overrides the one I currently own.

I don't think so. It's more probable that you'll just get loyalty benefit for your current medallion for free as soon as they'll implement loyalty points. Perhaps benefit for banner and hologram as well.

#134 Tirick Fire

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 172 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:00 PM

Sweet, thank you! I just finished reading the Grey Death trilogy and was secretly hoping for a Shadow Hawk and a Locust. Never thought to see them, and I've very glad you've included them in the roster.

#135 DeathofSelf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 655 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:03 PM

View PostKhanahar, on 25 June 2013 - 12:41 PM, said:

Wow. Some people...

I know right? People are acting like PGI has constantly missed deadlines, gone back on promises, and lack basic communication skills.

#136 Rizzelbizzeg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 744 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:06 PM

View PostBilbo, on 25 June 2013 - 12:52 PM, said:

It says it's all delivered on the 15th.

Derp... dat reading comprehension...

Ty and cheers!

#137 Kataris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:06 PM

Posted Image

Edited by Kataris, 25 June 2013 - 01:07 PM.

#138 Blacktemplar223

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:07 PM

View PostTezcatli, on 25 June 2013 - 12:59 PM, said:

That is my worry too. When they went to GDC. They said they were hiring a ton of people. Yet we've got the same level of content and bad patches that we've had since open beta started. I am hopeful the reason it's like that is because they have those people working on stuff we haven't seen. Especially Community Warfare.

But we haven't heard much at all. So that's why I won't buy these packs. Not until they confirm what CW will be like.

When you hire people in development, those people don't go directly into production level stuff, no matter how good they are. There is still layover time of getting the employee trained in your standards of code and what you're doing. On top of that it takes a person a while to familiarize themselves with the code they will be working with. It normally takes some amount of months for a new developer to be contributing on a level somewhat equal to ones that have been there a while. So it could be that a lot of newhires are now freeing up the senior guys to expand the game while they tackle the bugs, etc.

#139 epikt

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:08 PM

Cool, I wanted a Locust.
But what about the guy wanting a Battlemaster? Does he really need to pay 80$ and buy 3 (9 actually) mechs he don't want to play? Founders had the choice. Do you really need to suck our money that way?
20 tons, no jets, a spider wil do better than this locust, only light mechs die-hard fans like myself would want to play it. Basicaly you force us to buy a mech that most of the players would call crap.

#140 jakucha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:10 PM

I wasn't actually excited about any of the currently unreleased mechs until these.

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users