965 replies to this topic

#81 Antij

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 44 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:03 PM

Ok. Its great, but can you tell me how i will understand that my purchase was successful if we will see all this benefits only in October? I had bought this package, but i haven't saw any messages telling me that it all right.

**Sorry for my english

#82 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:04 PM

I was all excited and set to buy, and then someone reminded me about 3PV, which is due before October.

I can't bring myself to spend any money on something that won't be delivered until after 3PV, because I am so concerned that 3PV is going to fundamentally break this game forever.

:wub:

#83 IceSerpent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

View PostProsperity Park, on 25 June 2013 - 11:55 AM, said:

It'd be a shame to miss these Mechs if you like them... but it's your call. I feel no shame from buying a Founder's Pack, and I won't be ashamed to buy another pack.

It would indeed be a shame to miss them if we actually had a mechwarrior game to use them in instead of what we have now. Buying new skins for "CoD with mechs" doesn't strike me as a very wise decision, to be honest. Besides, what do you think are the chances that we will start getting "superhero" mechs with 40% c-bill / 20% loyalty boosts around October 29th?

#84 Banditman

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationThe Templars

I would like to know when Clan tech will be available in game. This is a critical distinction.

If you are now saying that Clan tech will not be available before February of 2014, you are saying that launch has been delayed *again*. If Clan tech will be available before that, then these mechs are worthless and you're selling us junk.

Please clarify your intentions before trying to milk more money from your loyal fans.

#85 HansBlix WMD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:05 PM

Can MC be used to buy or partially buy these packages? For those of us who purchased MC within days or even hours of this announcement?

#86 hammerreborn

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:05 PM

View PostAntij, on 25 June 2013 - 12:03 PM, said:

Ok. Its great, but can you tell me how i will understand that my purchase was successful if we will see all this benefits only in October? I had bought this package, but i haven't saw any messages telling me that it all right.

**Sorry for my english

You will be able to display your "project pheonix" icon on the forums next maintance period according to the FAQ. That should be a clear giveaway that you did it. Also the 30 days of premium time.

#87 Tezcatli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:06 PM

View PostDr B00t, on 25 June 2013 - 12:02 PM, said:

cant believe you will have to wait like 2 or 3 months to be able to get the battlemaster unless you buy the big package...pay to win much?

should let you pick the mech you want if u get the low package

Letting you pick the mech wouldn't net them the most money. And it's only pay to win if Battlemaster turns to out to be the god smasher mech.

Personally I don't have a problem waiting for mechs and unlocking them through normal means. But the mechbays and premium time combined with the mechs makes me really want to get this. But I don't know that my cash will hold out for this. : /

Also. Given the price of these packs. Are no founders pissed?

Edited by Tezcatli, 25 June 2013 - 12:07 PM.

#88 SirDubDub

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 259 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:07 PM

Now are these mech profiles final? Because the Shadow Hawk is as tall as the Battlemaster...

Ehh. Screw it. I'll be piloting one anyway.

#89 DeathofSelf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 655 posts
  • LocationChicago

View PostProsperity Park, on 25 June 2013 - 12:02 PM, said:

I know, it's just that the Unseen Fans would probably like to get the special variants with the custom skins and boosts that will never be released again, whereas anyone who thinks of them as humdrum will just wait for the free variants.

Well, this Unseen fan isn't giving PGI another cent unless they can restore a little confidence with the next couple of patches.

#90 Fireye

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 54 posts

So, us 2012 Founders are stuck with Founders mechs at 25% and no loyalty bonus? I'd like to see PGI thank their long-standing customers by extending these latest benefits to their Founders mechs.

That said, I guess that we aren't returning to a 2mech/month format any time soon, and "launch" is October 15th. Still undecided if I'll buy in to this.

#91 Xenroth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 326 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:08 PM

I bought this package with mixed feelings.
On the one hand, sure this is freaking awesome and I wish PGI will make this game awesome.

On the other hand, this game is a bit slow when you look at balancing and stuff you already work ages on, that was announced ages ago.

I will give you my money and hope you will invest it wisely in hiring new people and getting better servers!

#92 Dr B00t

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 496 posts

View PostTezcatli, on 25 June 2013 - 12:06 PM, said:

Letting you pick the mech wouldn't net them the most money. And it's only pay to win if Battlemaster turns to out to be the god smasher mech.

Personally I don't have a problem waiting for mechs and unlocking them through normal means. But the mechbays and premium time combined with the mechs makes me really want to get this. But I don't know that my cash will hold out for this. : /

i bought elite founders...came w/ a bunch of MC and premium time and founders atlas...i dont think this is really a better deal

Edited by Dr B00t, 25 June 2013 - 12:09 PM.

#93 JudgeDeathCZ

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 1,929 posts

View Post80Bit, on 25 June 2013 - 11:59 AM, said:

The normal variants will be available, but in that FAQ it shows that only the Locust will be available on the 15th if you do not buy this package, the other mechs get released in the months after that. So only this package will get you rolling in a BattleMaster before 2014.

Actually Locust is only mech I am insterested in only.That Jihad variant running 300+ kph <3
Maybe i will buy basic package for that one :wub:

#94 hammerreborn

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:09 PM

View PostTezcatli, on 25 June 2013 - 12:06 PM, said:

Nope. We even get a unique medallion apparently for getting both. The only thing I'm worried about is that the Founders mediallon and the faction cockpit items are both going to be "hanging" which means you only get to have one or the other. Also, founders came with a whopping 80 bucks of MC iirc, and this doesn't. Pretty much they've allocated all the MC into the mechbays and minor variants.

Which also makes me sorta regret getting the davion medallion I'm running with now since it'll be obsolete if the faction one does end up being a hanging one but with the 2.5% bonus.

Edited by hammerreborn, 25 June 2013 - 12:11 PM.

#95 Ninja Snarl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:10 PM

Any of these is potentially a fantastic deal and I would buy the top tier of this in a second. However, it's a pity that PGI's handling of game balance has been so utterly dirt-poor over the last several months that there is simply no way I can possibly justify spending more money on this game. All it would take is for this next patch to include significant, meaningful, effective balance changes and I would be right back on board, but until PGI starts actively dealing with the horrendous balance issues, there's just no point in buying anything from them. MWO has spent more time ludicrously broken than halfway-decent, and that's just a lousy way to run things when they're trying to get people to buy a package like that.

Edited by Ninja Snarl, 25 June 2013 - 12:11 PM.

#96 Slaytronic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 475 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:11 PM

and why can we not buy this with mc?

i have dumped loads of mc into this game and have had nothing to spend it on i might have bought this but nah i will just buy them with my hundreds of millions of c-bills then and all my empty slots

#97 Xenroth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 326 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:14 PM

View PostDr B00t, on 25 June 2013 - 12:08 PM, said:

i bought elite founders...came w/ a bunch of MC and premium time and founders atlas...i dont think this is really a better deal

Actually it is, look at the Overlord deal for example,
you get 3x Locust(20 Ton Light Mech) where one of them got 30% C-Bill bonus,
you get 3x Shadow Hawk(55 Ton Medium Mech) where one of them got 30% C-Bill bonus,
you get 3x Thunderbolt(65 Ton Heavy Mech) where one of them got 30% C-Bill bonus,
you get 3x Battlemaster (85 Ton Assault Mech) where one of them got 30% C-Bill bonus,
12x Mechbay slot for your new Mechs
and you get 120 days Premium time ...

Sure, 4 Foundermechs 3 months Premium time and 20k MC were also nice but this one is even more awesome

€dit: Fixed the MC + you get freaking reseen Mechs!

Edited by Xenroth, 25 June 2013 - 11:28 PM.

#98 Hobo Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 597 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationWest Virginia

I would like to buy this, but I am going to need some more info on Community Warfare before I put down money for a package with benefits to Community Warfare...

#99 Ozric

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationSunny Southsea

View Posthammerreborn, on 25 June 2013 - 12:09 PM, said:

Which also makes me sorta regret getting the davion medallion I'm running with now since it'll be obsolete if the faction one does end up being a hanging one but with the 2.5% bonus.

Choose any 4 faction medallions from the mechlab for use in your new 'mechs or any 'mechs you have laying around in the mechlab.

To me that says that all medallions will all have the LP bonus, and otherwise be available in the mechlab.

#100 hammerreborn

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:17 PM

View PostOzric, on 25 June 2013 - 12:14 PM, said:

Choose any 4 faction medallions from the mechlab for use in your new 'mechs or any 'mechs you have laying around in the mechlab.

To me that says that all medallions will all have the LP bonus, and otherwise be available in the mechlab.

Yes I know. I'm talking about the current Davion medallion I have hanging in my Davion themed Jenners cockpit at this very moment, along with my Davion banner and hologram.

If the faction medallions are hanging (and look extremely similar to the current medallions) then it pretty much overrides the one I currently own.

Edited by hammerreborn, 25 June 2013 - 12:18 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users