- - - - -

Project Phoenix - Feedback

965 replies to this topic

#61 IceSerpent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:52 AM

How did that saying go...fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me?

#62 Roland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:53 AM

View Postgfierce, on 25 June 2013 - 11:19 AM, said:

If you look up the models on Sarna they are shown as clan retrofits for those two while the shadowhawk is a star league retro fit. They may base them on older models with the slightly different designations but the exact ones they call out are specific hero mechs that had clan tech.

No, the model numbers listed are for the prime variants, not clan retrofits.

#63 Trauglodyte

• 4,373 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:54 AM

View PostMustrumRidcully, on 25 June 2013 - 11:29 AM, said:

At least we all know that they can still make money from disgruntled founders and Battletech fans, and they don't need to deliver game balance quality. We'll spend 80 $ on our chance to drive an "Unseen" mech, eve though we all like to hyperbole the game won't even survive 6 months into release.

I feel dirty now.

Unless many of us end up not buying.

Let the dirtiness consume and comfort you, Mustrum. That we MAY see a Warhammer has me all happy in the pants. Hell, if nothing else, it means that they're planning on and happily anticipating being around in January. That's like 7 months of "balance" to come. :wub:

#64 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:55 AM

View PostIceSerpent, on 25 June 2013 - 11:52 AM, said:

How did that saying go...fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me?

It'd be a shame to miss these Mechs if you like them... but it's your call. I feel no shame from buying a Founder's Pack, and I won't be ashamed to buy another pack.

#65 GingerBang

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationThe Airport Hilton

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:55 AM

HEY LOOK GUYS! THOSE FOUNDERS PACK THEY SAID WOULD NEVER COME BACK ARE BACK. JUST LIKE THE COOLANT THEY NEVER SAID WOULD BE IN THE GAME. JUST LIKE THE 3RD PERSON THEY SAID WOULD NEVER BE IN THE GAME. JUST LIKE THE CASH FOR DAMAGE THEY SAID WOULD NEVER BE IN THE GAME. ABOVE ALL ODDS, PGI HAS MANAGED TO DO THE IMPOSSIBLE, AND PUT FOUNDERS PACKS BACK IN THE GAME!!

#66 Razor1611

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:56 AM

Take my money :wub:

#67 xApollo

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3 posts

New Mechs' again? Is this their version of "Quick Clot" to stop the figurative bleeding out of player base? I think so. Stop throwing Mechs' at us and give us the new UI, better balance and better net code. Lets fix what is broken instead of asking for MORE money. ZzZzZzzzz Open beta has practically been the same as the end of Closed beta. How long has it been?

#68 GingerBang

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

View PostProsperity Park, on 25 June 2013 - 11:55 AM, said:

It'd be a shame to miss these Mechs if you like them... but it's your call. I feel no shame from buying a Founder's Pack, and I won't be ashamed to buy another pack.

you have a litte brown something on your nose.

#69 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:57 AM

View PostGingerBang, on 25 June 2013 - 11:56 AM, said:

you have a litte brown something on your nose.

I know, I brew my coffee with a French press and a fine haze of particulate always gets through the screen.

#70 JudgeDeathCZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:58 AM

View PostJudgeDeathCZ, on 25 June 2013 - 11:45 AM, said:

Those mechs will be avialable even if I do not buy those packages?
I mean normal mechs not phoenix variants.

#71 Otto Cannon

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,689 posts
  • LocationUK

View PostSovietArmada, on 25 June 2013 - 11:39 AM, said:

I don't mean to be a killjoy but aren't some of these mechs "unseen". If there are future legal disputes and mwo will have to remove them how will compensation kick in?

A great deal, but at the same time i am worried about the future with the legal issues it carries.

These mechs aren't the ones from Macross. The Marauder, Warhammer, Archer, Crusader, Rifleman, Wasp, Stinger and Phoenix Hawk were the ones from that series and we probably won't ever be seeing them.

Edited by Otto Cannon, 25 June 2013 - 03:20 PM.

#72 DeathofSelf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 655 posts
  • LocationChicago

View PostProsperity Park, on 25 June 2013 - 11:55 AM, said:

They aren't exclusive to this sale, you can buy them with MC or C-Bills, just without the C-Bill and loyalty boost

Edited by DeathofSelf, 25 June 2013 - 11:59 AM.

#73 hammerreborn

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:59 AM

View Post80Bit, on 25 June 2013 - 11:41 AM, said:

Wow. At first I thought "Geez $80 bucks to get them all?" Then I looked it over and realized for $80 you get:

12 Mechs total, 4 are Hero Mechs.
12 Mech Bays (hell yeah).
4 Cockpit items that actually do something.
120 days premium time (with early order).

That's actually a hell of a lot of content for $80. The Premium time alone is worth around $40. As someone who spends money on the game anyway, this is pretty much the best deal they have ever had.

With the mechbays and premium time you're at around 55 dollars. Assume that if the cockpit items were just regular items theyd probably be priced at 750MC which is another 12 dollars. You essentially pay a dollar for each mech.

#74 80Bit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 555 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:59 AM

View PostJudgeDeathCZ, on 25 June 2013 - 11:45 AM, said:

Those mechs will be avialable even if I do not buy those packages?
I mean normal mechs not phoenix variants.

The normal variants will be available, but in that FAQ it shows that only the Locust will be available on the 15th if you do not buy this package, the other mechs get released in the months after that. So only this package will get you rolling in a BattleMaster before 2014.

#75 GingerBang

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:01 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 25 June 2013 - 11:57 AM, said:

I know, I brew my coffee with a French press and a fine haze of particulate always gets through the screen.

As long as you can stomach the taste.

Posted Image

#76 Morang

• 1,259 posts
  • LocationHeart of Darkness

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:02 PM

When will we get standard concept art of the said mechs? Large pictures with "coastal battle" background?

#77 Dr B00t

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 496 posts

cant believe you will have to wait like 2 or 3 months to be able to get the battlemaster unless you buy the big package...pay to win much?

should let you pick the mech you want if u get the low package

#78 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts

View PostDeathofSelf, on 25 June 2013 - 11:58 AM, said:

They aren't exclusive to this sale, you can buy them with MC or C-Bills, just without the C-Bill and loyalty boost

I know, it's just that the Unseen Fans would probably like to get the special variants with the custom skins and boosts that will never be released again, whereas anyone who thinks of them as humdrum will just wait for the free variants.

#79 Helix

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

I will totally buy this!

...when PGI fixes their awful balance. Seriously guys it's a dual-AC20 or PPC boat only mess of a meta right now.

Edited by Helix, 25 June 2013 - 02:48 PM.

#80 Ozric

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationSunny Southsea

Interesting sale. Not sure there's enough in there to peak my interest, but I need more information about CW before I'll know how much I'm going to care about loyalty points. And I'm going to have to see the rest of the mechs.

Edit: and just for clarification, are the cockpit items the same as the ones currently available in the mechlab, and therefore will any already owned gain the LP bonus when it is introduced? It certainly read like that.

Edited by Ozric, 25 June 2013 - 12:05 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users