Project Phoenix - Feedback

965 replies to this topic

#101 GingerBang

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationThe Airport Hilton

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:19 PM

Anyone else notice how the first page is literally nothing but praise and "omg i why do you have to make me like you" posts? And then from pretty much 3 back it is the opposite? I smell shenanigans.

#102 AntharPrime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:20 PM

View PostXenroth, on 25 June 2013 - 12:14 PM, said:

Actually it is, look at the Overlord deal for example,
you get 3x Locust(20 Ton Light Mech) where one of them got 30% C-Bill bonus,
you get 3x Shadow Hawk(55 Ton Medium Mech) where one of them got 30% C-Bill bonus,
you get 3x Thunderbolt(65 Ton Heavy Mech) where one of them got 30% C-Bill bonus,
you get 3x Battlemaster (85 Ton Assault Mech) where one of them got 30% C-Bill bonus,
12x Mechbay slot for your new Mechs
and you get 120 days Premium time ...

Sure, 4 Foundermechs 3 months Premium time and 25k MC were also nice but this one is even more awesome ...

It was 20K MC. Crap, I'm turning into a whale here. Between my Founders package, my son's Elite Founder's package and now this, I'm closing in on $300. I have never spent this much on a game in my life.

#103 Reggimus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 341 posts
  • LocationQueenstown, New Zealand

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:20 PM

Posted Image

#104 ThermidorFallen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 224 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:21 PM

Damn you PGI!

Stop taking my money and time!! I need it for other things!!!

#105 Fireye

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:22 PM

View PostGingerBang, on 25 June 2013 - 12:19 PM, said:

Anyone else notice how the first page is literally nothing but praise and "omg i why do you have to make me like you" posts? And then from pretty much 3 back it is the opposite? I smell shenanigans.

First reactions. My first reaction was, "**** yes, classic battletech mechs that I know AND love!". After reading the FAQ, I'm more hesitant.

#106 Anonynonymous

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 141 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:23 PM

View PostXenroth, on 25 June 2013 - 12:14 PM, said:

Actually it is, look at the Overlord deal for example,
you get 3x Locust(20 Ton Light Mech) where one of them got 30% C-Bill bonus,
you get 3x Shadow Hawk(55 Ton Medium Mech) where one of them got 30% C-Bill bonus,
you get 3x Thunderbolt(65 Ton Heavy Mech) where one of them got 30% C-Bill bonus,
you get 3x Battlemaster (85 Ton Assault Mech) where one of them got 30% C-Bill bonus,
12x Mechbay slot for your new Mechs
and you get 120 days Premium time ...

Sure, 4 Foundermechs 3 months Premium time and 25k MC were also nice but this one is even more awesome ...

I'm more interested to know how important the loyaty points are for community warfare, and what's the rate of earning loyaty points normally without bonus.

Edited by Anonynonymous, 25 June 2013 - 12:24 PM.

#107 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:23 PM

Thunderbolt has always had the best Mech look. Shadowhawk is the first 55 tonner, so that will be interesting. Pricey, but a good buy to be sure.

#108 Ozric

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationSunny Southsea

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:27 PM

View Posthammerreborn, on 25 June 2013 - 12:17 PM, said:

Yes I know. I'm talking about the current Davion medallion I have hanging in my Davion themed Jenners cockpit at this very moment, along with my Davion banner and hologram.

If the faction medallions are hanging (and look extremely similar to the current medallions) then it pretty much overrides the one I currently own.

No, lol, that's not what I meant. It sounds to me as if ALL medallions will get the LP bonus, including the ones already purchased through the mechbay.

Of course they could just introduce a more expensive medallion and add that to the mechlab along with a cheaper, non-LP bonus version, but that's why I have asked for clarification.

Edited by Ozric, 25 June 2013 - 12:29 PM.

#109 Shepherd

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:28 PM

Fantastic! I've always loved the Shadow Hawk. It'll be grand to scout in a Locust, the original scout's scout mech. The Thunderbolt is full throttle awesome in a heavy-shaped can, and the Battlemaster? Nothing says classy like the Battlemaster.

Fantastic, PGI. Simply fantastic. Good on you all.

#110 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:29 PM

Mmmh Shadow Hawk = flying Hunchback.

#111 TOGSolid

• 1,212 posts
  • LocationJuneau, Alaska

So PGI has clammed up hard in the past few weeks and now they're throwing out a desperate cash grab.

Uh oh.

#112 Sadistic l

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 45 posts

View PostSephlock, on 25 June 2013 - 11:35 AM, said:

BLR-1G BattleMaster Red Corsair - The personal 'Mech of the mysterious Red Corsair started life as a Royal BLR-1G model, but was refitted with a Clan-tech weaponry and structural components. A single ER PPC was located in each arm, with a Large Pulse Laser installed in the center torso, and all six the Medium Lasers were upgraded to Medium Pulse Lasers. Twenty-one double heat sinks managed the heat generated by these weapons. To command her force, the Red Corsair's BattleMaster mounted a Command Console in the head. Sixteen tons of standard armor protected an Endo Steel skeleton and an XL Engine. BV (2.0) = 2,472[42]

... Yeah it seems really unlikely.

You guys keep missing this part
The personal 'Mech of the mysterious Red Corsair started life as a Royal BLR-1G model,but was refitted with a Clan-tech weaponry and structural components. The 1G is the Most common IS version of the battlemaster.

Edited by xXSadisticXx, 25 June 2013 - 12:32 PM.

#113 Native

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 205 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:31 PM

View Postgfierce, on 25 June 2013 - 11:29 AM, said:

True I could be wrong. But I so hope I am right.

the only clan refit of the Battlemaster asside from one off custom rides is the Battlemaster-C

#114 Unbound Inferno

• 1,168 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:32 PM

View PostUnbound Inferno, on 25 June 2013 - 11:42 AM, said:

So, instead of fixing the existing problems, listening to the community and addressing the issues at hand... this is what they were working on?

No thanks I'm afraid. If you can't fix what needs fixing before begging for more money I'm not giving you any.

#115 Thariel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 184 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:33 PM

12 mechs, worth, lets say an average 3.5k mc per mech, 120 day premium time, worth about 9k mc, 12 mechbays, worth 300mc each, makes a sum of about ~ 55k mc.
25k mc cost 100, so we are at 220 $ for the price of 90$.

Value-wise a great offer, and style wise even more :wub:

#116 Tezcatli

• The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:34 PM

If PGI takes away anything from this Feedback thread. It should be that some of us want more information on the future of this game before we commit to some cash grab.

I like battling it out in mechs as much as the next guy. But I have no idea what CW will be like. There could be some restriction that prevents a non-premium player from doing certain things or some other mechanic that is unfavorable. For all we know they'll pull the curtain back and we'll be stuck with a still incomplete game.

I can't spend that much money if I know so little about a core component. One that may make or break the game for me in the long term.

Edited by Tezcatli, 25 June 2013 - 12:39 PM.

#117 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:35 PM

View PostUnbound Inferno, on 25 June 2013 - 11:42 AM, said:

So, instead of fixing the existing problems, listening to the community and addressing the issues at hand... this is what they were working on?

No thanks I'm afraid. If you can't fix what needs fixing before begging for more money I'm not giving you any.

Yes, they are always working on more Mech models for the game. The Developers are excited by that fact that there are so many Mechs to chose from in the BattleTech source material that they can basically guarantee a continual flow of new content into the game throughout its entire Market Life.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 25 June 2013 - 12:36 PM.

#118 Skunk Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 286 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:35 PM

Another Flea.

A jumping 55 ton AC20/gauss mech with an ER PPC and Streaks. Or jumping dual gauss.

A 65 Ton ER PPC boat with energy slot arms

An 85 Ton ER PPC boat with energy slot arms.

#119 Khanahar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 560 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:41 PM

View PostTOGSolid, on 25 June 2013 - 12:29 PM, said:

So PGI has clammed up hard in the past few weeks and now they're throwing out a desperate cash grab.

Uh oh.

Wow. Some people...

#120 TOGSolid

• 1,212 posts
  • LocationJuneau, Alaska

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:42 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 25 June 2013 - 12:35 PM, said:

Yes, they are always working on more Mech models for the game. The Developers are excited by that fact that there are so many Mechs to chose from in the BattleTech source material that they can basically guarantee a continual flow of new content into the game throughout its entire Market Life.

The way things are going right now, "Market Life" won't be very long.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users