- - - - -

Project Phoenix - Feedback

965 replies to this topic

#241 Unbound Inferno

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:33 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 25 June 2013 - 12:35 PM, said:

Yes, they are always working on more Mech models for the game. The Developers are excited by that fact that there are so many Mechs to chose from in the BattleTech source material that they can basically guarantee a continual flow of new content into the game throughout its entire Market Life.

You avoid the problem at hand. The original post and topic I replied to was in Gameplay Balance for a reason.

The gameplay is horrendously boiled down to PPC/Gauss twitchfest against dual AC40, with the rest of the game blatantly sidelined because its not effective. There is tremendous issues with the most basic gameplay features to make this enjoyable - and its not being solved, let alone actually appearing to listen to the community that is trying to help make it better.

Best case in point is the "heat penalty' that was discussed to be introduced as a band-aid and this - that thankfully isn't in yet. I'm not meaning to say not to introduce more mechs as they should - but I am more frustrated with seeing more pleas for funding this way than patching, hotfixes and solutions to the problems at hand.

#242 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:33 PM

Well, I'm $80 lighter, but very, very happy.

#243 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:35 PM

View PostArcturious, on 25 June 2013 - 04:30 PM, said:

Apologies if this has been asked, trying to trawl forums on my mobile at work is bad for everyone involved.

How do the loyalty points work for people who don't pledge to a house?

I have a whole lone wolf backstory etc and really don't want to sign up to any of the great houses. I also am advocating all over the place options for lone wolves and Mercs to contribute to the meta game through contracts and replacement spots ala Hiring Halls etc.

Yet if I play these mechs as a lone wolf, where do these loyalty points go?

Is there going to be a conversion to accumulate them, then convert them (NOT for MC) into useful currency for a lone wolf etc?

What do these give to the lone wolf community of this game?

Someone can correct me if I am wrong but I think if you chose Lone Wolf, you will automatically belong to the Mercenary faction.

#244 Decep-Qi-Kons

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 122 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:35 PM

I am not spending $20 on a _FAT_ locust...or a skinny one, for that matter.
I am not spending $40 for a Shadowhawk. Maybe I'd spend $20.
I am not spending $60 for a t-bolt...yuck?
I am not spending $80 for a battlemaster.

Give me a BLD and the SHR for $40...I'll even take it without the standard variants.

#245 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:36 PM

View PostUnbound Inferno, on 25 June 2013 - 04:33 PM, said:

You avoid the problem at hand. The original post and topic I replied to was in Gameplay Balance for a reason.

The gameplay is horrendously boiled down to PPC/Gauss twitchfest against dual AC40, with the rest of the game blatantly sidelined because its not effective. There is tremendous issues with the most basic gameplay features to make this enjoyable - and its not being solved, let alone actually appearing to listen to the community that is trying to help make it better.

Best case in point is the "heat penalty' that was discussed to be introduced as a band-aid and this - that thankfully isn't in yet. I'm not meaning to say not to introduce more mechs as they should - but I am more frustrated with seeing more pleas for funding this way than patching, hotfixes and solutions to the problems at hand.

Bah, the PPC/Gauss meta isn't the first and won't be the last. It'll change again, pretty soon.

*shrugs*

#246 Phoenix Gray

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 616 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:36 PM

View PostSovietArmada, on 25 June 2013 - 11:39 AM, said:

I don't mean to be a killjoy but aren't some of these mechs "unseen". If there are future legal disputes and mwo will have to remove them how will compensation kick in?

A great deal, but at the same time i am worried about the future with the legal issues it carries.

Dear Harmony Gold,

That is NOT a Battlemaster. That's my FRD-1i, uh, "Freddy", yeah, that's it...

#247 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:37 PM

View PostArcturious, on 25 June 2013 - 04:30 PM, said:

Apologies if this has been asked, trying to trawl forums on my mobile at work is bad for everyone involved.

How do the loyalty points work for people who don't pledge to a house?

I have a whole lone wolf backstory etc and really don't want to sign up to any of the great houses. I also am advocating all over the place options for lone wolves and Mercs to contribute to the meta game through contracts and replacement spots ala Hiring Halls etc.

Yet if I play these mechs as a lone wolf, where do these loyalty points go?

Is there going to be a conversion to accumulate them, then convert them (NOT for MC) into useful currency for a lone wolf etc?

What do these give to the lone wolf community of this game?

It gives them faction loyalty bonuses I guess.

Lone wolves, or anyone won't be getting any of the faction benefits unless they actually fight for a faction.

#248 Obelus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 275 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:37 PM

View PostOtto Cannon, on 25 June 2013 - 11:26 AM, said:

Posted Image

This is the face I'll make when they release the Marauder and the Warhammer

#249 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:38 PM

View PostKillkie, on 25 June 2013 - 04:35 PM, said:

I am not spending $20 on a _FAT_ locust...or a skinny one, for that matter.
I am not spending $40 for a Shadowhawk. Maybe I'd spend $20.
I am not spending $60 for a t-bolt...yuck?
I am not spending $80 for a battlemaster.

Give me a BLD and the SHR for $40...I'll even take it without the standard variants.

errrr, you'd be spending $80 for:
4 hero mechs, 8 regular mechs, 12 mech bays, 4 months premium time (if you buy this month), point boosting cockpit items and a snazzy Forum Epeen Indicator.

That works out to, what, around $3/mech after you consider the premium time, mech bays, and cockpit items? Maybe even less.

Edited by Wintersdark, 25 June 2013 - 04:40 PM.

#250 Duncan Longwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 253 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:39 PM

If a chassis has more than 3 variants, will I be able to choose which 2 standard variants I receive in addition to the "hero base-model"?

#251 Steinar Bergstol

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:39 PM

View PostPhoenix Gray, on 25 June 2013 - 04:36 PM, said:

Dear Harmony Gold,

That is NOT a Battlemaster. That's my FRD-1i, uh, "Freddy", yeah, that's it...

No need to worry about HG as far as the Battlemaster is concerned. It's a Dougram design (just like the Thunderbolt and Shadow Hawk) which HG has nothing to do with. It was classified unseen because when FASA settled with HG to avoid further legal costs they removed _every_ design which originated from any artist/source outside of FASA itself. In short, they overreacted to be sure they would never have to spend money on a lawsuit due to mechdesigns again.

The mechs connected with Harmony Gold (due to Robotech/Macross being the original source) are:
Stinger (Veritech)
Wasp (Veritech)
Valkyrie (close enough to a Veritech even if it isn't a direct port)
Phoenix Hawk (Super Veritech)
Ostscout, Ostsol and Ostroc (all vaguely, in some cases _extremely_ vaguely based on Zentraedi Battlepods)
Crusader (Armored Veritech)
Rifleman (Destroid)
Archer (Destroid)
Warhammer (Destroid)
Marauder (Zentraedi Officer's Battlepod)

And I think that's the lot.

Edited by Steinar Bergstol, 25 June 2013 - 04:45 PM.

#252 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:42 PM

$80 is about 5 or 6 drinks out here in LA...these 4 mechs will get me WAY more enjoyment than that so it's a no brainer to buy this package. Especially if it keeps this game that I love alive a bit longer...

View Postmtvnews, on 25 June 2013 - 04:29 PM, said:

I keep trying to buy it but it's declining my credit card but when I called my cards company they said everything checks out all right, so I just can't buy it?? :,(

I had this same issue...email PGI support and ask to be "whitelisted."

#253 Edson Drake

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:45 PM

I can't wait for the Battlemaster! Need to see the hardpoints first before spending thouigh...

#254 MoonUnitBeta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:48 PM

I hope the locust is very small....

VERY SMALL.

#255 Steinar Bergstol

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:52 PM

View PostEdson Drake, on 25 June 2013 - 04:45 PM, said:

I can't wait for the Battlemaster! Need to see the hardpoints first before spending thouigh...

Well, even without any of the additional hardpoints PGI usually gives a mech variant the BLR-1G will have:
RA: 1 Energy (PPC)
RT: 3 Energy (Medium Lasers)
LT: 3 Energy (Medium Lasers), 1 Missile (SRM 6)
RA: 2 Ballistic (Machineguns)

So plenty to choose from if you don't like the stock loadout, which I do.

And for comparison the 20 ton lighter TDR-5S Thunderbolt (65 tons) will have:
RA: 1 Energy (Large Laser)
RT: 1 Missile (LRM-15)
LT: 3 Energy (Medium Lasers), 1 Missile (SRM 2)
RA: 2 Ballistic (Machineguns)

Not bad that either.

Edit: Ninjaed by Thontor

Edited by Steinar Bergstol, 25 June 2013 - 04:55 PM.

#256 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,876 posts

View PostUnbound Inferno, on 25 June 2013 - 04:33 PM, said:

This is outright wrong. I took 20th place in the last tourney using builds primarily based around the Large Laser. If people are finding weapons sidelined it isn't because the weapons aren't effective or balanced, rather it is because the people are ineffective.

The reality is that overall the game is fairly well balanced with some things needing tweeks. LRMs I think still need a little adjustment and SRMs definately need work. Also heat is still borked up a bit as well. Still overall it isn't too bad and have definately came a long way.

#257 Arcturious

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 785 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

View PostGhogiel, on 25 June 2013 - 04:37 PM, said:

It gives them faction loyalty bonuses I guess.

Lone wolves, or anyone won't be getting any of the faction benefits unless they actually fight for a faction.

Well the bit that gives me hope, and why I'm trying to get clarification is this bit in the FAQ:

Players will be able to work with and/or pledge allegiance to one of the major factions within the game's universe.

The Working with factions bit I think needs to be clarified as I've seen heaps of Lone Wolves and Mercs saying they already purchased these, and giving the details now would prevent a massive furfy in the future if these people realise they got shafted.

I'm hoping a small update to the FAQ saying earning loyalty points will have an equal benefit for non great house players will prevent any misunderstandings.

#258 Primetimex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 353 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:53 PM

I don't see the premium time being reflected on my account after I purchased one of the packages?

#259 Otto Cannon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,689 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:53 PM

View PostObelus, on 25 June 2013 - 04:37 PM, said:

This is the face I'll make when they release the Marauder and the Warhammer

Sadly we're not likely to ever see those. They were among the mechs taken from the anime Macross which can't be used.

Posted Image

I'd love it if PGI managed to make a deal one day, but from what I've heard the company that owns the rights would charge too much to use them.

#260 Lootee

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:58 PM

They could add the Marauder if they wanted to.

Because the artwork for the game would be an original design anyway. The Quickdraw, Centurion, Blackjack, and Awesome look nothing like the designs from the TROs.

Everyone would be happy with a big ostrich walker with a hunched over torso. Couple of arms and a cannon on top. They could probably even get away with taking a Madcat and pulling the torso missile launchers off it, and calling that a Marauder.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users