- - - - -

Project Phoenix - Feedback

965 replies to this topic

#261 Decep-Qi-Kons

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 122 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:05 PM

If you'll notice, I am a founder. I have been here before.

I see the value as this, if I don't want a locust or a tbolt, and I have to spend $80 for a battlemaster, at all. That means I have to spend $60 for a battlemaster. I am saying $60 because I at least get a SHD at the $40 mark.

As it stands, I see no value in this package.

As to the premium time and the other doodads. Meh, I have 63 days of premium time and I haven't used a second of it from founders. That means, I have played this game, from founders, making money from my founders catapult and buying my mechs from cbills. I have also bought hero mechs with the MC from founders.

This doesn't even come with MC. So, to me, this is spending way too much money for 4 mechs, two of them, *****.

View PostWintersdark, on 25 June 2013 - 04:38 PM, said:

errrr, you'd be spending $80 for:
4 hero mechs, 8 regular mechs, 12 mech bays, 4 months premium time (if you buy this month), point boosting cockpit items and a snazzy Forum Epeen Indicator.

That works out to, what, around $3/mech after you consider the premium time, mech bays, and cockpit items? Maybe even less.

#262 Honsau

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 12 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:06 PM

For everyone asking about the other "unseen" mechs, check out this post by Catalyst Games that handles the table top game. We probably will not be seeing the Archer, Longbow, Rifleman, Warhammer, Wasp, Stinger, Phoenix Hawk, Crusader, or Marauder due to legal issues. The good news is we still have hope for some other TT classics. The Griffin, Wolverine, and if they put in 4 legged mechs the Scorpion and Goliath. We will see what happens. http://battletech.ca...e-want-them-to/

#263 Xathanael

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 710 posts
  • LocationChandler, Arizona, USA

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:10 PM

View PostOtto Cannon, on 25 June 2013 - 11:26 AM, said:

Posted Image

This is exactly what I did when I saw this!!!

#264 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:14 PM

View PostOtto Cannon, on 25 June 2013 - 04:53 PM, said:

Sadly we're not likely to ever see those. They were among the mechs taken from the anime Macross which can't be used.

Nope. They can use the names Marauder and Warhammer (or any of the unseen/reseen mechs) if they wanted to, since those names are not owned by Harmony Gold.

They'd just have to changed the design significantly like they did with the Locust. So, I imagine we'll see them as part of a package eventually. Those mechs are fan favorites...so they are holding off on it.

#265 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:22 PM

View PostKillkie, on 25 June 2013 - 05:05 PM, said:

If you'll notice, I am a founder. I have been here before.

I see the value as this, if I don't want a locust or a tbolt, and I have to spend $80 for a battlemaster, at all. That means I have to spend $60 for a battlemaster. I am saying $60 because I at least get a SHD at the $40 mark.

As it stands, I see no value in this package.

As to the premium time and the other doodads. Meh, I have 63 days of premium time and I haven't used a second of it from founders. That means, I have played this game, from founders, making money from my founders catapult and buying my mechs from cbills. I have also bought hero mechs with the MC from founders.

This doesn't even come with MC. So, to me, this is spending way too much money for 4 mechs, two of them, *****.

I wish I got a Founder's package when they were available. I had the opportunity, but didn't. I've regretted that decision ever since. I know what you got, and what it cost, and it was a good deal and still would be.

This is, IMHO, a better deal. Now, I do understand your point: If you have no interest in the smaller mechs, it's not nearly as good a deal for the Battlemaster alone. I get that.

*shrugs* Not every sale is for everyone.

If you're even vaguely interested in the other chassis though? This is a fantastic deal. It's worth roughly $200 in MC bought in $100 packs.

I bought it immediately, and I absolutely garauntee I won't regret it. It's going to push me to 34 mechs total, excluding what I buy inbetween now and Oct 15th, and that's a great thing. The more the merrier!

I could never be one of those "I just like to pilot [this mech]" guys. They're like pokemon!

#266 Vaan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 116 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:22 PM

I have not use my founder three-month premium time.. Will this crash my founder package premium time if i buy now??

#267 Psydotek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 745 posts
  • LocationClan 'Mechs? Everywhere? GOOD!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:25 PM

How do you know if/when your purchase was successful? I have the receipt e-mail, but other than that I don't see any other changes on my account anywhere... The CREDITS tab of my profile is showing nothing under the "Latest Account Activity" area...

#268 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:27 PM

;)
Anyway we Founders can get an Exchange program? I would happily trade in my (F)Atlas for a Battlemaster(F). It is the Mech I have been wanting since I signed up as Joseph Mallan. The Battlemaster was my first Mech, I continued that into the BattleCorps. :(

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 25 June 2013 - 05:27 PM.

#269 Decep-Qi-Kons

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 122 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:29 PM

Spending MC on cbill mechs seems like a waste of money. I would not think to include that in the cost of the package. By the time I am finished getting elite on a mech, I have more than enough money for the next variant, in c-bills (with the exception of assault mechs, but I've trained up the Atlas, the Highlander, and the Awesome, regardless.)

View PostWintersdark, on 25 June 2013 - 05:22 PM, said:

I wish I got a Founder's package when they were available. I had the opportunity, but didn't. I've regretted that decision ever since. I know what you got, and what it cost, and it was a good deal and still would be.

This is, IMHO, a better deal. Now, I do understand your point: If you have no interest in the smaller mechs, it's not nearly as good a deal for the Battlemaster alone. I get that.

*shrugs* Not every sale is for everyone.

If you're even vaguely interested in the other chassis though? This is a fantastic deal. It's worth roughly $200 in MC bought in $100 packs.

I bought it immediately, and I absolutely garauntee I won't regret it. It's going to push me to 34 mechs total, excluding what I buy inbetween now and Oct 15th, and that's a great thing. The more the merrier!

I could never be one of those "I just like to pilot [this mech]" guys. They're like pokemon!

#270 Aaren Kai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 252 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:35 PM

Good luck, PGI.

For me, you see that burned bridge back there? Yeah, you got some work to do. Right now $60-$80 dollars for something in October. Well, there happens to be these other big games coming out that will take that money and give me much more balanced content and game play.

#271 Qmoney7

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:36 PM

View PostSharp Spikes, on 25 June 2013 - 11:29 AM, said:

Hit detection not working properly, no sane game modes, no lobby, no gameplay balance, few maps (with lots of bugs), clan invasion delayed over and over again, etc, etc... Until all of that is fixed - not a single penny thrown your way, PGI, project Phoenix or not. I already spent about $200 on a game that isn't worth $20 in it's current state.

This... a thousand times this. One guy I know has spent thousands on this game, and my heart goes out to him. Do you really feel that you're providing a service by continuing to distract people from slow development by offering increasingly P2W chassis variants? When I see a gams like SC, whose development process is completely transparent, right down to the cameras they choose between for their in-house mo-cap studio, i am very frustrated by the disparity.

You're inching towards an inevitable situation of servers becoming more and more empty as those who will pay a ton for an unfinished game have no one to drop against because they have been rewarded with a playing advantage. Meanwhile, this all justified by selling items with no marginal cost that constitute a fraction of a percent of the content of a premium game at a price higher than a fishished AAA title?!?!

#272 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

View PostKillkie, on 25 June 2013 - 05:29 PM, said:

Spending MC on cbill mechs seems like a waste of money. I would not think to include that in the cost of the package. By the time I am finished getting elite on a mech, I have more than enough money for the next variant, in c-bills (with the exception of assault mechs, but I've trained up the Atlas, the Highlander, and the Awesome, regardless.)

That depends a lot on many things, and is different for everyone.

For me? I spend MC on regular mechs all the time. I love playing the game, but I have little time to play, being a father with young children and working 50+ hour weeks. Given my 5-6 matches a day max, on the days I can actually play? Even if I played every day, it would take me weeks to save up enough for a single large mech. Mastering Atlas' would take me months. I like new toys, so...

Even buying said mechs with MC, my enjoyment per hour is still a far better value than pretty much any of my other entertainment options.

Realistically, what happens is I buy one mech in a set of 3 with MC (ideally a hero) then the others with cbills. This deal? At $80, ignoring the (extremely valuable for me) Premium Time, the mech bays, and other silly stuff, it's a great value just for 4 Hero mechs.

What this deal means to me: I'll get 4 mechs to master, and all the money I earn will be able to go to stuff I can normally never afford: Modules (I only have one of each and have to move them around right now), engines (particularly expensive XL engines), and all that stuff.

Also, it lets me tool around in my awesome battlemaster months before The Common Folk. Hell yes, I'll lord that over people like a boss douchemonkey.

#273 DirePhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,565 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

View PostKillkie, on 25 June 2013 - 04:35 PM, said:

I am not spending $20 on a _FAT_ locust...or a skinny one, for that matter.
I am not spending $40 for a Shadowhawk. Maybe I'd spend $20.
I am not spending $60 for a t-bolt...yuck?
I am not spending $80 for a battlemaster.

Give me a BLD and the SHR for $40...I'll even take it without the standard variants.

You don't have to spend any money. You could just wait and spend C-Bills. From the FAQ:

Q: When will the Standard Variants be purchasable with C-bills or MC?
A: For those who do not Buy a Project Phoenix Package - The Standard Variants release schedule is currently set as:
Oct 15, 2013: Locust
Nov 20, 2013: Shadowhawk
Dec 18, 2013: Thunderbolt
Jan 22, 2014: Battlemaster

#274 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:38 PM

View PostQmoney7, on 25 June 2013 - 05:36 PM, said:

This... a thousand times this. One guy I know has spent thousands on this game, and my heart goes out to him. Do you really feel that you're providing a service by continuing to distract people from slow development by offering increasingly P2W chassis variants? When I see a gams like SC, whose development process is completely transparent, right down to the cameras they choose between for their in-house mo-cap studio, i am very frustrated by the disparity.

You're inching towards an inevitable situation of servers becoming more and more empty as those who will pay a ton for an unfinished game have no one to drop against because they have been rewarded with a playing advantage. Meanwhile, this all justified by selling items with no marginal cost that constitute a fraction of a percent of the content of a premium game at a price higher than a fishished AAA title?!?!

Oh, for gods sake. How is this pay to win? It's pay to get normal stuff earlier, there's nothing here granting a competitive advantage.

#275 Jaguar Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 219 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:38 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 25 June 2013 - 01:27 PM, said:

The Community Warfare has something to do with the 10% Loyalty Bonuses. UI 2.0 will have Inner Sphere maps for CW. Clan Mechs will come out when they add the Clans as playable factions (several of which have already been designated, as per the forum Easter Egg).

And, yes, this is a blatant money grab. It should be PAINFULLY OBVIOUS to everyone that this is a money grab. That's why it's called a "Sale" and not a "Give Away."

I've dropped money on this game before...... a lot of money....... to see things pushed back, put on the back burner, and total reversals on design (yes you third person view). I'm sorry if I'm a little skeptical. I need a lot more than Easter eggs and suggestive wording before I spend more money. I can see CW pushed back until this time next year and the Loyalty points thing being removed or not used. This is very possible with the current track record.

Until I have something more concrete. I will have a negative view of this money grab....I mean sale.

Edit: I forgot to add, "So how much is going to Mechwarrior tactics?"

Edited by Jaguar Prime, 25 June 2013 - 05:44 PM.

#276 Qmoney7

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:47 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 25 June 2013 - 05:38 PM, said:

Oh, for gods sake. How is this pay to win? It's pay to get normal stuff earlier, there's nothing here granting a competitive advantage.

By consistently giving 'hero' MC-only variants better stats, such as higher engine caps, more torso twist and arm movement, and greater hardpoint densities for direct fire boating. They clearly point out that the pheonix variants will have slight advantages compared to the normal ones, beyond the bonus to resource gain.

#277 Unbound Inferno

• 1,168 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:48 PM

View PostViktor Drake, on 25 June 2013 - 04:52 PM, said:

This is outright wrong. I took 20th place in the last tourney using builds primarily based around the Large Laser. If people are finding weapons sidelined it isn't because the weapons aren't effective or balanced, rather it is because the people are ineffective.

The reality is that overall the game is fairly well balanced with some things needing tweeks. LRMs I think still need a little adjustment and SRMs definately need work. Also heat is still borked up a bit as well. Still overall it isn't too bad and have definately came a long way.

You are one pilot using LLs, just as I am one pilot consistently using LRMs. But that does not mean they are common.

That is the problem. The fields are dominated by far too many PPC/Gauss and AC40s than other LLs, LRMs, MLs... hell Its been weeks since I've seen anything with a SL.

ACs are funny to watch but too few around and I can't recall the last time I wasn't in a match that didn't' have multiple of the popular builds in it. The difference in the quantity of mechs using such builds is staggering I bet if you add them up.

No, the problem stands and just because you or I am using something that isn't common doesn't mean that it invalidates the issues at hand with how the others are more effective and as such more popular than anything else.

#278 GingerBang

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationThe Airport Hilton

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:52 PM

View PostBilbo, on 25 June 2013 - 12:52 PM, said:

It says it's all delivered on the 15th.

If PGI's server are still online by then.

View PostProsperity Park, on 25 June 2013 - 01:27 PM, said:

The Community Warfare has something to do with the 10% Loyalty Bonuses. UI 2.0 will have Inner Sphere maps for CW. Clan Mechs will come out when they add the Clans as playable factions (several of which have already been designated, as per the forum Easter Egg).

And, yes, this is a blatant money grab. It should be PAINFULLY OBVIOUS to everyone that this is a money grab. That's why it's called a "Sale" and not a "Give Away."

So you are admitting PGI has no idea how to monetize long term? Because that is the difference between a money grab, and monetization, and if that IS the case then i certainly DO NOT TRUST PGI to keep their servers online until october

Edited by GingerBang, 25 June 2013 - 05:53 PM.

#279 Jakob Knight

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:55 PM

View PostSteinar Bergstol, on 25 June 2013 - 04:39 PM, said:

No need to worry about HG as far as the Battlemaster is concerned. It's a Dougram design (just like the Thunderbolt and Shadow Hawk) which HG has nothing to do with. It was classified unseen because when FASA settled with HG to avoid further legal costs they removed _every_ design which originated from any artist/source outside of FASA itself. In short, they overreacted to be sure they would never have to spend money on a lawsuit due to mechdesigns again.

The mechs connected with Harmony Gold (due to Robotech/Macross being the original source) are:
Stinger (Veritech)
Wasp (Veritech)
Valkyrie (close enough to a Veritech even if it isn't a direct port)
Phoenix Hawk (Super Veritech)
Ostscout, Ostsol and Ostroc (all vaguely, in some cases _extremely_ vaguely based on Zentraedi Battlepods)
Crusader (Armored Veritech)
Rifleman (Destroid)
Archer (Destroid)
Warhammer (Destroid)
Marauder (Zentraedi Officer's Battlepod)

And I think that's the lot.

Also:

Behemoth (Monster), though it is a Clan mech and might never see implementation anyway.
Devestator (close modification of the Tomahawk)
Nightstar (close modification of the Officer's Battlepod)
All of the IIC variants of mechs on the combined list.

#280 Mason2501

• PipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 37 posts
  • LocationCoppell Texas

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:56 PM

Overlord package bought. Woot!

I'm in love!!! Thank you!

17 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 17 guests, 0 anonymous users