1715 replies to this topic

#581 Nauht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:46 PM

View PostJohnny Reb, on 25 June 2013 - 10:32 PM, said:

Well, might need clarification but I read ALL ASSETS on Oct 15 meaning all mechs and variants.

Everything you buy in a package will be released to you Oct 15. That includes the 2 variants + hero of whatever you bought.

If you did not buy any packages you won't get anything Oct 15, instead you have to wait for the staggered general release... and no hero variants anymore. Which, from the faq -

Q: When will the Standard Variants be purchasable with C-bills or MC?
A: For those who do not Buy a Project Phoenix Package - The Standard Variants release schedule is currently set as:
Oct 15, 2013: Locust
Nov 20, 2013: Shadowhawk
Dec 18, 2013: Thunderbolt
Jan 22, 2014: Battlemaster

Edited by Nauht, 25 June 2013 - 10:49 PM.

#582 Steve Varayis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 500 posts
  • LocationThe Fresh River City

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:57 PM

My advice is

Disregard haters
acquire sweet mechs/women

#583 Nauht

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:07 PM

Haters are just jealous they can't afford to buy any packages.

Sure, don't buy out of principle because of <insert gripe here>.

But when you come onto the forums and call others douches or whatnot for buying whatever the **** they like with their own money, it just shows a level of bitterness or envy that goes above the norm.

What's it to you WTF I buy. $80 is nothing for a hobby... If I spent $80 a month on a hobby that's still a damn cheap hobby.

#584 Mahws

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:12 PM

View PostBelorion, on 25 June 2013 - 09:28 PM, said:

There was a huge thread a while back where a majority of the posters, even some die hard pgi criticizers, suggested that the pay for content early method of monitization was not only fine, but an excellent idea to make money and still not be p2w.

That's pretty disingenuous.

There's a big difference between 2 weeks early access with the Heavy Metal and 12 weeks early access with the Battlemaster.

I'm not that bent out of shape about it, I don't approve but it's not a big deal for me. But you're comparing apples and oranges there and you know it.

Edited by Mahws, 25 June 2013 - 11:17 PM.

#585 Elistaire Drummond

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 102 posts
  • LocationGermany/Hessen/Odenwald

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:15 PM

Nice move!

At last for all the guys who wanted a new founders programm.

At first for us poor {Noble MechWarriors}! :)

Operation Overlord is booked.

#586 Ramien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • LocationToledo

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:23 PM

I saw the words 'Project Phoenix,' and my heart leapt, for I was hoping for a Phoenix Hawk (it's still another Unseen, so it counts, right?).

Alas, I saw only a Shadow Hawk to try and tempt me from my lights-only mentality.

I'll have to think about how much I want to spend between this and the upcoming Sarah's Mech. The Macross Unseen would have made things an instant buy for me, but this makes it more of a 'neat, but only if I have excess cash' option.

#587 Johnny Reb

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,945 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio. However, I hate the Suckeyes!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:25 PM

View PostNauht, on 25 June 2013 - 10:46 PM, said:

Everything you buy in a package will be released to you Oct 15. That includes the 2 variants + hero of whatever you bought.

If you did not buy any packages you won't get anything Oct 15, instead you have to wait for the staggered general release... and no hero variants anymore. Which, from the faq -

That was my understanding all mechs + variants.

Edited by Johnny Reb, 25 June 2013 - 11:25 PM.

#588 Flossme

• PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:25 PM

Paying more money for this game...

#589 Johnny Reb

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,945 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:28 PM

Can't get enough of that vid! Need volume to really appreciate it.

Edited by Johnny Reb, 25 June 2013 - 11:49 PM.

#590 ICEFANG13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:36 PM

I mean I understand why you want to spend the money. I mean I really do too, its a great deal for sure. But considering how PGI has done everything so far, I just can't do it. Terrible weak balance that's been going on and on (temporary missile fix, er 3 months right now). Terrible communication, terrible listening to beta testers. 3 new maps and 2 night ones right? What 6 new mechs? 3rd person and coolant.

End of September, should be CW. If we have 3 more months of this, we won't even have a game anymore by then.

Remember, PGI has never ever met an important deadline. These prices, while a little too low for a constant price, are much closer to the price of micro transactions should be. Nothing has been done well so far. I mean the Locust here has 4 ballistic and 1 energy, this is actually the same as the flea, and while it should have a higher engine cap, it won't if the game can't handle >150KPH, it should hit like 180KPH.

Just think of these mechs, do they pack PPCs? How long until they are useful or useless? Is there a reason MGs are finally getting buffed when the first mech that can use them dangerously en mass is around? (NOTE, the Spider does do it 100% better, more tons, higher engine DHS cap, better profile, if the locust is like the Jenner).

Its a great deal, but its not really a deal, does that make sense?

If you have any doubt, don't buy it now. Wait until the deadline looms closer and see how its going. Unless they have a ton more under the hat tricks to show, and they follow, as they have been, this won't be a game in 3 months.

#591 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:41 PM

View PostAegis Kleais, on 25 June 2013 - 03:38 PM, said:

As with all instances, the consumer has the ultimate power; vote with your wallet. If it's not worth it to you, don't purchase it. But don't confuse it with greed as well.

If the message comes across that the consumer base will keep shelling out money, the PGI understandably will take that into account and assume the player base is content; if enough close their wallet until fixes are made, then that sends the appropriate message to them as well. Either way, the acts must be done en masse.

But what is it if not greed? Just think about it... the whole program is just EXACTLY same as founders program. People who don't have founders will think ... hey, I can be just as those guys now. Even if they don't NEED it. Also ... how about you make the whole Project Phoenix FREE for your founders, people who supported you with their money when there wasn't any game so to speak of. Or how about you add that 'loyalty' 10% bonus to founders mechs eh?

Really tho ... the sure sign of F2P game going down the drain are constant sales and promotions. I've seen that happen before, games that were MUCH better then MWO is now began sucking money off their players with constant sales of items and stuff and went down the drain within half a year. I won't buy, guy next to me won't buy and thousand others won't buy, but there are always those kinda people who think ... ooooo shiny, must buy. If your business is built on getting money from THOSE kinda peeps, well ...

#592 INSEkT L0GIC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:42 PM

So.. What places pay the most for donated blood? :)

#593 xengk

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:49 PM

I wish I got into BattleTech earlier to be excited by these Reseen mechs.
But I started with MechWarrior 2:Mercenaries, so the Zeus and Vulture(Mad Dog) is what I associate with BT. (No, I never get the fascination with Mad Cat.)

Will wait until stats are reveal for all 4 mechs to decide.

#594 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:49 PM

View PostEcliptor, on 25 June 2013 - 04:44 PM, said:

they don't just have one designer you know

5 mil $ off founders program, who knows how much more off later sales ... even if they have thousands of them designers thats more then enough. Money income rate is far greater then bug fixes rate, those guys don't work well enough for that kind of salary.

#595 Steve Varayis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 500 posts
  • LocationThe Fresh River City

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:50 PM

Posted Image

Graphs never lie

#596 Johnny Reb

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,945 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:51 PM

View PostINSEkT L0GIC, on 25 June 2013 - 11:42 PM, said:

Well not the red cross, they want it for free! minus a cookie or 2.

View PostSteve Varayis, on 25 June 2013 - 11:50 PM, said:

Posted Image

Graphs never lie

Just like statistics! Lie, no, manipulated, yes!

Edited by Johnny Reb, 25 June 2013 - 11:52 PM.

#597 Mitta

• PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:57 PM

Freaking nice, bought without even rethinking it. I have been waiting for so long to participate with something similar to the founders package (which I just missed). And here it is project phoenix. *takes out his credit card and upgrades himself to overlord*

#598 DirePhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,565 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:58 PM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 25 June 2013 - 11:41 PM, said:

But what is it if not greed? Just think about it... the whole program is just EXACTLY same as founders program. People who don't have founders will think ... hey, I can be just as those guys now. Even if they don't NEED it. Also ... how about you make the whole Project Phoenix FREE for your founders, people who supported you with their money when there wasn't any game so to speak of. Or how about you add that 'loyalty' 10% bonus to founders mechs eh?

I could see maybe the LP bonus for the founder's 'mechs, but honestly the addition of a new package does not devalue the previous package for me. I got what I paid for (4 special 'mechs, some premium time, etc.), and it still holds value for me as what I purchased. Now another package has arrived that I also find value in, so I will probably buy that too. My old purchase was not invalidated by the existence of a new item. The existence of a 2014 Dodge Challenger does not make my purchase of a 2013 Dodge Challenger worthless.

#599 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:00 AM

How do you think stuff gets paid for? Fixes, content, balancing, everything. Someone has to pay for it and amazingly enough that someone is the customer. This is how you pay for stuff only instead of getting things that don't interest you (paying MC for a Cicada anyone?) you get to drop some money that will go towards CW, balancing, bug fixes and the like while getting a good value on something you want.

This is what so many people don't seem to get. Those mechs are probably already pretty much done. You're not paying money for the mechs. They were paid for by Pretty Baby or something along those lines if not earlier. You're paying for the stuff that's not done yet.

It's a good value for content people want. There will always be balance fixes - the day will come when everyone has LPLs and talks about the glory days of PPCs being the best weapon. I strongly suspect a slow cycle of the meta is done on purpose for balancing just to motivate people to change up their builds and keep things fresher.

This is different though. This is good new content. If those mechs interest you (and you're old school enough) then it's worth it. In many ways this is a nice treat for the original core audience - long time, hardcore fans of the BT franchise.

#600 Taynak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 180 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:00 AM

Hey there...

I really want to buy the Overlord package but in order to do so i would need to wait until the paycheck that i get thats two days after the early bird special ends... if i buy a lower package to get the early bird special then upgrade afterward would i be able to get the early bird special and still upgrade to the overloard? like say i get the lowest one... the $20 one... then when i get paid i upgrade... and also would i have to pay $80 on top of the $20 or would i just pay the difference?

View PostINSEkT L0GIC, on 25 June 2013 - 11:42 PM, said:

Actually you want to look for a Plasma Bank... they pay upwards of $100 in the first week if you go twice in the first week... yeah i have done that a lot when i wanted a new toy lol...

18 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users