Project Phoenix Leaked

1715 replies to this topic

#761 HeavyRain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • LocationAthens, Greece

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:20 AM

Why does it have a TV where its head should be?

#762 SpankN

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 98 posts
  • LocationTennessee, USA

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:22 AM

Well, I'm all in.

#763 Gingercrammer

• Pip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 10 posts
  • LocationKill Devil Hills

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:23 AM

Shadowhawk is a sexy beast. Shoulder mounted ballistic is a sweet setup.

#764 Baruch Spinoza

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:23 AM

I love the design.

Over all the whining I just have to say that I am incredibly glad to have a mechwarrior game again. I would even have paid for a online version of MW4... Keep it up PGI

#765 Lt Limpy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:26 AM

There isn't a single mech I can think of that PGI hasn't made a massive visual improvement over the original designs thus far. Nice to see that's consistent.

#766 HarmAssassin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI, USA

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:28 AM

Meh - not impressed. Battlemaster is my dream mech, but not the craptastic Phoenix variety (yes I know the original can't be used), but anything else is just the name not the mech. Leave it dead. As for the Locust - yeah, that's what this game needs, another broken faster than fast mech. Locusts were good for only one thing, running in a straight line really fast then slamming into a heavier mech trying to knock it down. That was their only role on the battlefield.Shadowhawks were always useless easily gunned down by mechs of all weight classes.

I've moved on to other games, now only pop back for a few games after new patches. Everyone's using ERPPCs, Gauss Rifles, and Streaks - all other weapons have become obsolete and yet PGI still doesn't get it.

The further this game moves from canon, the worse it gets. I predict it will hit launch date with a thundering ... thud.

They're quick to introduce new ways for you to spend your money, but incredibly slow to provide balance or bug fixes. Why should they fix the game, as long as there are fools ready to give them money for a poor product, they'll just keep doing it.

This isn't Mechwarrior, this is turning into Call of Duty with soldiers that look like mechs.

They won't get another dime from me.

Edited by HarmAssassin, 26 June 2013 - 09:37 AM.

#767 rgreat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 851 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:28 AM

New ShadowHawk picture:

Posted Image

#768 Hatachi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 456 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:31 AM

I'm really happy they went with the unseen head over the reseen, cobra commander, head. I was a bit worried since it's called Project Phoenix. It's actually one of the few unseen I don't feel the reseen version fits better with the general Battletech aesthetic. However, I do wish the shoulder cannon didn't taper off. It looks more like an AC2 than an AC5 to me, but that could just be the art, and the in-game model will follow the general straight barrel style.

Edited by Hatachi, 26 June 2013 - 09:32 AM.

#769 InRev

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:31 AM

It looks so good. Please, please, pleeeeease don't ruin it with bad scaling . . .

[Redacted]

Edited by Egomane, 26 June 2013 - 10:09 AM.
Pony outside of dedicated Pony threads

#770 Vasces Diablo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • LocationOmaha,NE

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:36 AM

Hmm... It has 2 opposable thumbs.

Not that it means anything, just an interesting art choice. Looks good. Shoulder mounted canons are awesome.

Edited by Vasces Diablo, 26 June 2013 - 09:37 AM.

#771 Steven Dixon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 621 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:37 AM

Are people really arguing that PGI needs to hire more people so that they can fix their problems and release more content that they think is relevant and stop trying to do a cash grab? I think that some people may not really understand how businesses work. They need these so called 'cash grabs' to get more money, they then use this money to hire more people.

I know a lot of people think that the 5million they got for the founder's package should be enough. But this isn't an indie developer, companies like this burn through money very quickly. Heck the 5 million is really only enough to pay for a few maps. I know this doesn't make sense to many people so they think that PGI is just lying to squeeze more money out of them, but it is true.

Rather than go on the forums and mock the package and the people who buy it and demand that PGI actually do something that you want, it would be more in your best interests to actually try to convince people to pay for the package. Then you can secretly say to yourself, "Suckers, they are funding this greedy company so I can play my giant robot game without spending a dime, hahaha."

If you have complaints about the game you should absolutely voice them. You should also continue to give PGI money so that they have the resources to fix them. If PGI starts losing money they will have to cut people and prioritize content more. And do you think that they will prioritize things like maps and bug fixes or hero mechs that make them money. One might be better for the long term health of a game while the other is better for the short term balance sheets but a company that is struggling really doesn't have the luxury of looking long term. Things like gold ammo and true P2W would also start to look real attractive.

#772 SubXulu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 196 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:39 AM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 25 June 2013 - 11:08 AM, said:

Greedy much? Fix the game first then farm more money off people.

Nail on head.

#773 Morang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts
  • LocationHeart of Darkness

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:41 AM

Dynasty Guard of Capellan Hussars, am I correct this time? (previously I mistook Oriente Locust for Andurien, my bad)

#774 MadTulip

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 262 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:44 AM

edit: deleted

Edited by MadTulip, 26 June 2013 - 09:48 AM.

#775 Terran123rd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 442 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:44 AM

I'm not generally a fan of the unseen (they're all ripped from 80's animes...you can't get much more cheesy[I actually dislike the locust in particular]), but I'll definitely be picking up a talon package. That's a sexy 'mech.

#776 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:45 AM

View PostMorang, on 26 June 2013 - 09:41 AM, said:

Dynasty Guard of Capellan Hussars, am I correct this time? (previously I mistook Oriente Locust for Andurien, my bad)

Yep, you're right this time. :(

#777 VikingN1nja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 607 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:46 AM

View PostIguana Iguana, on 26 June 2013 - 09:02 AM, said:

Oh well PGI has to wait for my money then XD

oops i mispelt "too"

#778 J I N

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:47 AM

View PostSubXulu, on 26 June 2013 - 09:39 AM, said:

Quote: "... fix before you take our money..."

Nail on head.

They can't fix anything, if they don't have the money to survive the next 2-3 months... and then you would probably yell at them, because they didn't know, how to get some money to survive and to give you a Mechwarrior based game, when they actually quit.
I don't understand your idea of a working company... in fact this game exists to get money from people. ;)

A very nice mech, but I really hope that it is not as bulky as the Quickdraw... or Centurion...in the end. :(

#779 Belorion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:47 AM

View PostMadTulip, on 26 June 2013 - 09:44 AM, said:

shadow hawk weights 55 tonns, not 65 has depicted here.

http://mwomercs.com/phoenix

They have it listed at 55.

#780 Hugh Fairgrove

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 120 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:49 AM

Shadowhawk revealed!

Sexy. Love the new design.
Posted Image