#141 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:59 PM

View Postjuxstapo, on 18 October 2013 - 07:27 PM, said:

augh, the Shadhawk is rocking so hard is making me think again about my decision not to buy Saber :)

It's funny, up to the PP release, I was kind of iffy about my Sabre purchase. After all, the Griffon and Wolverine are very, very similar to the Shadow Hawk. I was concerned I bought 6 more mechs without anything really different from the Shawk.

However... Man, are my Shadow Hawks ever fun to pilot. A whole lot of fun. Now I'm looking forward to the Wolverine and it's arm mounted ballistics, etc. Definitely glad I bought them now!

#142 xengk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:25 PM

Im working on the 5M right now and having trouble finding a flexible build.
Not alot of 5M build being share on the forum, mostly 2D and 2H.
My currently build is seeing more success than my other experimental 5M builds, but by not a big margin. It is like a tiny assault mech with less armour and weaponry. Success depends on is there an slow assault in the team that I can buddy up with.

SHD-5M
2x UAC/5 w 6t ammo
2x MLaz
STD 200
10 DHS
Endo Steel
320 Armour

Move together with the team's slow assault, spam the 2 UAC/5 as fast as possible on anything the assault is targeting.
It maneuver like a brick house stuck in mud, but can seriously rip things apart before jamming.
Like an assault, lights and fast medium is a problem.

Edited by xengk, 19 October 2013 - 01:26 PM.

#143 Gigastrike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 704 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:17 PM

View Postxengk, on 19 October 2013 - 01:25 PM, said:

That's weird, the 5M is my favorite.

If you want flexible, 2xAC/5, 2xML, SRM-6 can handle any range while retaining mobility.

#144 Sagedabluemage

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 97 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:49 PM

Ive been running mine with a

1 ac10 ( x5 tons of ammo)
3 streaks (x 2 tons of ammo) 4 streaks if its the other one
1 Medium lazer or pulse
xl 275 or XL 300
3 Jumpjets
and i divy out the rest to armor and double heat sinks
Endosteel
standard armor

its really solid on range and punch im happy eating phracts with it and i can punch out the center of an atlas head on which im pleased with

So far its mix of firepower and playability on the field makes this one a solid choice for me. i enjoy it every time i step into it

#145 Cuddlytron

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 84 posts
  • LocationRichland, WA

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:05 PM

View PostSagedabluemage, on 19 October 2013 - 02:49 PM, said:

Ive been running mine with a

1 ac10 ( x5 tons of ammo)
3 streaks (x 2 tons of ammo) 4 streaks if its the other one
1 Medium lazer or pulse
xl 275 or XL 300
3 Jumpjets
and i divy out the rest to armor and double heat sinks
Endosteel
standard armor

its really solid on range and punch im happy eating phracts with it and i can punch out the center of an atlas head on which im pleased with

So far its mix of firepower and playability on the field makes this one a solid choice for me. i enjoy it every time i step into it

+1

I'm trying the AC10 build and I really like it so far (SHD-2H)

Also, XL340 with streaks, MGs, and either a LPL or ERPPC in the arm is a pretty smooth operator (SHD-2H)

#146 TIB3RON

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:34 PM

SHD-2H

This is what I am thinking about running with mine.
It would move about as fast as one of my Jagermechs, would pack the same amount of armor and would be able to throw out some abuse in support of an assault mech.

#147 NiteStride

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:50 PM

I LOVE this mech so far. Haven't picked out a favorite variant yet - but I'll re-post with a build once I've made up my mind.

#148 TIB3RON

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:56 PM

It's like a medium/heavy much like the cicada is a medium/light

#149 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:18 PM

View Postxengk, on 19 October 2013 - 01:25 PM, said:

My currently build is seeing more success than my other experimental 5M builds, but by not a big margin. It is like a tiny assault mech with less armour and weaponry. Success depends on is there an slow assault in the team that I can buddy up with.

SHD-5M
2x UAC/5 w 6t ammo
2x MLaz
STD 200
10 DHS
Endo Steel
320 Armour

Move together with the team's slow assault, spam the 2 UAC/5 as fast as possible on anything the assault is targeting.
It maneuver like a brick house stuck in mud, but can seriously rip things apart before jamming.
Like an assault, lights and fast medium is a problem.

The SHD-5M makes a VERY capable PPC sniper. 2x SSRM2 (1 ton), 2x PPC, XL300, DHS, Endo. Bring advanced zoom, sensor range and beagle, then stick to cover. It's been great for me.

#150 xengk

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:17 AM

View PostStillRadioactive, on 21 October 2013 - 02:18 PM, said:

The SHD-5M makes a VERY capable PPC sniper. 2x SSRM2 (1 ton), 2x PPC, XL300, DHS, Endo. Bring advanced zoom, sensor range and beagle, then stick to cover. It's been great for me.

Im currently running 1x PPC,1x AC/10, 3x SSRM2, XL300 setup on the 2H and find some good success on it.
Will revisit the 5M after I complete basic and get sptweak on 2H.

#151 Kraven Kor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:00 AM

This is what I'm planning on next:

SHD-2H

Had been running LLas, AC/5 w/ 3 tons, LRM-10 w/ 1 ton, 2 Streaks 2/ 1 ton, but found that I am rarely doing much to help the team with just the single LRM-10.

This makes it more of a hit-and-run brawler or light hunter, which is useful with this near-Biblical plague of locusts we have been seeing of late B)

#152 Cry0

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationSEA

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:41 AM

Hey guys, sorry for hi-jacking this thread, but I'm in the point of deciding the best bang for the buck Project Phoenix tier to get.

I'm seeing so much love for the Shadow Hawk, and thinking that since I have a Founder Atlas, I think the Storm tier is best for me bec. this tier will give me a light and a great medium. I'm not seeing the benefit of getting the Guardian tier to get the heavy since I can always get an assault.

That aside, what do you guys think is the tier that gives you the best rewards for your money? Thanks.

Edited by Cry0, 25 October 2013 - 07:41 AM.

#153 xengk

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:57 AM

View PostCry0, on 25 October 2013 - 07:41 AM, said:

Hey guys, sorry for hi-jacking this thread, but I'm in the point of deciding the best bang for the buck Project Phoenix tier to get.

I'm seeing so much love for the Shadow Hawk, and thinking that since I have a Founder Atlas, I think the Storm tier is best for me bec. this tier will give me a light and a great medium. I'm not seeing the benefit of getting the Guardian tier to get the heavy since I can always get an assault.

That aside, what do you guys think is the tier that gives you the best rewards for your money? Thanks.

I think Overlord still provide the best value for your money, however Early Bird bonus of 90day free Premium Time is no longer available.
http://mwomercs.com/...rchasing-guide/

===========================================================================
On topic.
Have been trying a new load out on the 2D2 for almost a week.
This dakka-lurm works surprisingly well for me.
2x LRM10 w 3t ammo
2x LRM5
1x AC/2 w 2t ammo
2x MLaz
XL 275
Endo Steel
333 Armour
1 JJ

AC/2 for poking at long to mid range, LRM for mid to short range alternating with the twin medium lazers.
Goes 81kph on default so can easily keep up with the blob and attack from second line.
1 JJ for getting up on ledge for better access at target or emergency leap over mech or for cover.

Edited by xengk, 25 October 2013 - 12:05 PM.

#154 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:55 PM

The early bird bonus was 30 days extra premium time, for a total of 120. You still get 90 days with Overlord.

#155 knight-of-ni

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,627 posts
  • Location/dev/null

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:29 PM

Still haven't dropped with my Shadow Hawks yet. Still tweaking things around in the smurfy-net mechlab.
When I first saw the mech, I thought to myself "Holy side torsos! That will never work with an XL engine."

However, after reading through this thread, nearly all the builds have XL engines.

So I guess the general consensus is that the large side torsos are not an issue?

#156 Johnny Marek Summers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:33 PM

Actually, there is a post with the hit boxes of the Shadowhawk and the STs are long and narrow-ish, it should be in the main portion of Guides and Strategies (actually it as the hit boxes for almost all of the mechs in game; haven't seen one for T-bolt or Battlemaster yet). And since that thread is mostly photos, you will have to wait for everything to load.

#157 xengk

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:31 AM

View PostWintersdark, on 25 October 2013 - 12:55 PM, said:

The early bird bonus was 30 days extra premium time, for a total of 120. You still get 90 days with Overlord.

Thanks for pointing that out.

#158 xengk

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:01 AM

View PostStillRadioactive, on 21 October 2013 - 02:18 PM, said:

After completing Master on my 2D, and now focusing on working on the 5M.
Been playing around with your build, but I find the down time between shots are not much to my liking.
Chain firing the 2 PPC lacks punch and often have a small window of opportunity for second shot.
I also having problem in brawls and lights when the fighting gets too close.

After some tweaking, my 5M currently look like this:
2x PPC
2x SSRM2 w 1t
1x AC/2 w 2t
XL 280
2x Jump Jet
11 DHS
Endo Steel
320 Armour

The AC/2 to cover for the PPC downtime or when running too hot to use, also for shooting at ECM'ed lights.

#159 KeefCheef

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 42 posts
  • LocationThe Periphery

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:59 AM

I like the 5M a lot, been running this loadout:

Xl275, 4/5 JJs
2x AC5
2x SSRM2
2x MLAS