• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 404 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:41 PM

St. Ives Teamspeak

Get Teamspeak

TS3 Server Address: hlvoice.com

I've set up a House-wide Teamspeak server for all House Liao St. Ives and ex-patriot House Liao units to use. I figure it's better if we all get together in one place and chat as a house, rather than be split up among multiple VOIP chat servers. I wish we had this back in MPBT days, and now that we can, I'm going to do my part to see that House Liao St. Ives stays coordinated.

This server has 512 spots and a dedicated server with domain name. It is not going anywhere anytime soon... Jump in!

Thanks to Metro for pinning this! Posted Image

RULES
Don't be an *****. If it can get you banned on these forums it can probably get you banned on TS.

Admins are those folks with General's stars next to their name. These folks care about creating a great experience for everyone, and can ban you from the server if you don't act nice. Check out http://www.houseliao.com for more info on the admins/officers and how to get involved.

Edited by Stalkerr, 21 August 2013 - 07:28 AM.

#2 Bloodspeaker

Rookie

• 9 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 09 June 2012 - 03:26 PM

Thanks for setting this up

#3 Max Liao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 695 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCrimson, Canopus IV

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:06 AM

... we'll need to figure out an alternate option.
When you consider your alternate ...

As a former TS & Vent supporter - and one that didn't want to let go of TS or Vent, I have been converted to Mumble/Murmur. For pure audio throughput and codec processing, it can't be beat. The configs can be a bit disconcerting for a new admin, but once you figure them out you'll find it is very powerful and has a lot of team/raid oriented features (e.g. cross channel communication) with only very minimal overhead.

To me, TS and Vent are pretty much bloatware apps now.

#4 Stalkerr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 404 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:47 AM

View PostMax Liao, on 10 June 2012 - 01:06 AM, said:

When you consider your alternate ...

As a former TS & Vent supporter - and one that didn't want to let go of TS or Vent, I have been converted to Mumble/Murmur. For pure audio throughput and codec processing, it can't be beat. The configs can be a bit disconcerting for a new admin, but once you figure them out you'll find it is very powerful and has a lot of team/raid oriented features (e.g. cross channel communication) with only very minimal overhead.

To me, TS and Vent are pretty much bloatware apps now.

That's a good point, and one reason I went with typefrag as a host. It's pretty trivial to switch over to Vent or Mumble servers with just. A click of a button (same pricing). I'll see how it goes and what people feel about it either way.

Edited by Stalkerr, 10 June 2012 - 06:47 AM.

#5 hydrix

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationMech cockpit

Posted 11 June 2012 - 04:16 AM

Thanks!, cya there.. or hear more likely :P

Edited by hydrix, 11 June 2012 - 04:17 AM.

#6 Sanction

• PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationGrand Base

Posted 11 June 2012 - 04:52 AM

Organization will be the key to victory, thanks to everyone who is working to bring this together.

#7 BlakeAteIt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 394 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:36 PM

This is awesome. Thanks!

#8 Balls of Steele

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:09 AM

Anyone got a recommendation on mike to buy? Mine is busted. ;)

Edited by Balls of Steele, 12 June 2012 - 01:09 AM.

#9 Stalkerr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 404 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:09 AM

View PostBalls of Steele, on 12 June 2012 - 01:09 AM, said:

Anyone got a recommendation on mike to buy? Mine is busted. :)

I've always had a preference to Shures, myself.

Oh, for voice chat? :D Just about anything will do... I actually use my laptop's internal microphone. It does the job. Most of the voice quality work happens once you are in TS

#10 metro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSians Celestial City- http://capellanconfederation.com/

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:18 AM

pinned to assist

#11 Sanction

• PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationGrand Base

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:20 AM

I'd actually really recommend a headset mike. A small cheap headphone/microphone set from radio shack or somesuch will work wonders.

#12 Stalkerr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 404 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:24 AM

View PostMetro, on 12 June 2012 - 07:18 AM, said:

pinned to assist

I love you so much.

In a brotherly way.

...yeah

#13 Stalkerr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 404 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:35 AM

I'm curious how many folks have tried this out yet. I know it won't gain much use until the game goes live, however I'd like to work out any weirdness in the setup prior to widespread usage.

Also, this is completely open to any units that want to be on the TS server... I'll even create you your own channel set. Just let me know in this forum or via PMs your unit name and the TS usernames of your unit's leadership (after you've signed in to the TS server) so I can set up the channel and channel admin permissions.

Thanks!

#14 Lonner

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationBoston, Mass

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:01 AM

Downloaded, Set Up and Ready to Roll.

#15 Stalkerr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 404 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:33 AM

Great!

Thanks to some great advice, I'm going to set up a VPS this weekend and get the NPL from TeamSpeak so I can run a 512 for $20/month. This should allow us to have all the capacity we need for the house. I'll try to tackle the transition this weekend.

#16 Justin Wolf

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:32 PM

This is some really great stuff. I have never used the team speaks before, ( I was a mech gamer when the internet was still like texting lol.) Hopefully i can get on with a good Liao outfit and i will def make donations to keep it going once the game drops and you have it all set up. Really great stuff though, how many Liao members are we expecting total if anyone knows?
- Service to the State, Glory to the Chancellor.

#17 Vill Nye

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:19 PM

While I think it's cool you set this up and are letting us use it, I'm jsut wondering if it would have been easier for you to leave off the password if you're going to have it listed in the forums. It's not like the people from other houses can't look in here. I myself browse the davion and steiner forums frequently.

Edit: This curiousity on my part comes entirely from teh fact of my eve background, I don't really have a problem with it.

Edited by Klann Schreck, 13 June 2012 - 10:20 PM.

#18 Howling Mad Murdock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • LocationPlanet Sian....but sometimes Essex, UK

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:52 AM

Great work, will try to get in when I can ;)

#19 Bastard Ken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:31 AM

If words of command are not clear and distinct, if orders are not thoroughly understood, the general is to blame. But if his orders are clear, and the soldiers nevertheless disobey, then it is the fault of their officers.

#20 Stalkerr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 404 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:14 AM

View PostKlann Schreck, on 13 June 2012 - 10:19 PM, said:

While I think it's cool you set this up and are letting us use it, I'm jsut wondering if it would have been easier for you to leave off the password if you're going to have it listed in the forums. It's not like the people from other houses can't look in here. I myself browse the davion and steiner forums frequently.

Edit: This curiousity on my part comes entirely from teh fact of my eve background, I don't really have a problem with it.

The password is mainly so people outside the MWO community aren't able to just straight join the server, they'll need the password from this post. It may be unnecessary, but it's relatively easy to drop a password in when jumping on a TS server for the first time. TS remembers the password so you don't have to.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users