141 replies to this topic

#81 JudgeDeathCZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:58 PM

View PostChavette, on 09 July 2013 - 07:32 AM, said:

He didn't say today or tomorrow... you know what that means...

Probably it means "Soon".

Soon maybe the day of patch :ph34r:

#82 aniviron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:45 PM

View PostSir Roland MXIII, on 09 July 2013 - 09:00 PM, said:

Welcome to how some of us have felt since before this left Closed Beta back around October.

I got into CB pretty late, only been since February I started feeling like this. I've been willing to overlook things until recently even, but the number of major game features that should have been released but are not only missing but missing with no word on their status is staggering. There are more features missing than not right now, so I have to assume that they're going to be years in coming, as it would be unrealistic to expect the game to double in size in a few months.

#83 Vincian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:20 AM

Very funny,

but dont you - as a volunteer moderator - have a more direct wire to PGI than we common players?
(honestly, no pun intended)

View PostProsperity Park, on 08 July 2013 - 01:56 PM, said:

Well... at least we don't get regular updates about what he's having for lunch.

*checks tweets, sees pics of 3 salads, a burger, and some crappy selfies*

Edited by Vincian, 10 July 2013 - 06:19 AM.

#84 Pyrrho

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 854 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:26 AM

When/If the July CDU is released, most of it will detail what was in the patch that was already released while the rest will be things they are working on for August.

#85 Mackman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:35 AM

Guys: It's "Under Review"! I was right: they're totally thinking about getting this done soon! Maybe in a day or two, we can expect another post telling us why it's so difficult to type up a solitary page of text explaining what's going to happen this month!

#86 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:40 AM

View PostMackman, on 10 July 2013 - 09:35 AM, said:

Guys: It's "Under Review"! I was right: they're totally thinking about getting this done soon! Maybe in a day or two, we can expect another post telling us why it's so difficult to type up a solitary page of text explaining what's going to happen this month!

By this time it's clear it's not the difficulty in the writing, it's the difficulty in explaining how the big things promised for July have slipped to August ( for now). August is gonna be HUGE!!!! :rolleyes:

#87 xZaOx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:04 AM

CANT WAIT FOR LAUNCH. Not sure what we are launching but it should awesome! Almost as good as open beta, i hope.

#88 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:15 AM

View PostPyrrho, on 10 July 2013 - 09:26 AM, said:

When/If the July CDU is released, most of it will detail what was in the patch that was already released while the rest will be things they are working on for August.

nah the CDUs are only for the month its being done for.

View PostRG Notch, on 10 July 2013 - 09:40 AM, said:

By this time it's clear it's not the difficulty in the writing, it's the difficulty in explaining how the big things promised for July have slipped to August ( for now). August is gonna be HUGE!!!! :rolleyes:

come august; "Big things in september!"

if they had any PR sense, they would add 2 months to anydate they say. since they can't meet the deadline till 2 months after anyways.

they will only be praised for meeting deadlines, and delivering early that way

#89 Hugh Fairgrove

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 120 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:14 PM

Test server installer is up, but you can't play on the severs till tomorrow. Still no CDU.

#90 ZionStation

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:59 PM

If the MW:LL team were still pumping out updates MWO would be in even more serious trouble.

#91 Sir Roland MXIII

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:22 PM

Schedule for the 12v12 tests make it clear this won't be live this month at the soonest.

EDIT Reason I mention it here is because any CDU we'd have received would've mentioned only the test dates themselves, not the release. Either way, chalk up yet another thing Ekman no longer needs to go to all the effort of typing up in this month's CDU. ;)

Edited by Sir Roland MXIII, 10 July 2013 - 01:26 PM.

#92 Name140704

• 1,196 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:42 PM

Right now they are concerned with making launch of September 17th. This year, September 17 is on a Tuesday, next year it is on a Thursday. Either way it will happen by Friday.

SOON tm

#93 Chavette

• Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:01 PM

View PostThontor, on 10 July 2013 - 03:53 PM, said:

At this point the least they could do is give a statement as to why we didn't get one.

The statement would only be ready by august so they're not bothering.

#94 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:03 PM

View PostChavette, on 10 July 2013 - 04:01 PM, said:

The statement would only be ready by august so they're not bothering.

Well, if you consider that our messages about the Monthly Dev reports are like Streaks and LRMs, and Bryan is an ECM carrier...

It is reminiscent of the day Paul said he was going to post the status of ECM balance... and forgot.

Edited by Deathlike, 10 July 2013 - 10:04 PM.

#95 101011

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:12 AM

I'm getting the strangest feeling that they'll put out the CDU the 15th, announcing that instead of making the Victor available for C-Bills they will instead put in the Devastator and leave the Victor only available for MC until release. Well, maybe not that bad, but...yeah.

#96 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:45 PM

So PGI is counting on us getting bored and forgetting the lack of July CDU. Seems to be working. ;)

#97 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:50 PM

Right now, Paul is buying time for Bryan through the new heat mechanic rage.

I would probably consider that the closest thing to a Monthly Dev post... because I don't think this will get better.

#98 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:25 PM

View Post101011, on 11 July 2013 - 06:12 AM, said:

I'm getting the strangest feeling that they'll put out the CDU the 15th, announcing that instead of making the Victor available for C-Bills they will instead put in the Devastator and leave the Victor only available for MC until release. Well, maybe not that bad, but...yeah.

that would be nice. but i am used to only being dissapointed by PGI. so no pleasant suprises just unpleasant ones.

its most likely either brayn e is on vacation. or they were waiting for 12vs12 metrics before doing the Monthly update.

#99 101011

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:07 PM

View PostTennex, on 11 July 2013 - 01:25 PM, said:

that would be nice. but i am used to only being dissapointed by PGI. so no pleasant suprises just unpleasant ones.

its most likely either brayn e is on vacation. or they were waiting for 12vs12 metrics before doing the Monthly update.

Huh...I had meant that post as a worst case scenario. A 'mech with dual gauss rifles and six energy slots...well, that wouldn't help the meta any. And of course, I was referencing the quick swap of the Quickdraw and Orion because the Quickdraw had a different meta. Plus having the CDU on the fifteenth would basically mean we're getting patch notes early, and of course, the Victor would just remain as another source of income (not that I care about that, more income is good). I guess I didn't think that could be interpreted as a good thing.

#100 Gtbuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 581 posts
  • LocationSoutheast US

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:10 AM

Still nothing?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users