12V12 Public Test Live Tomorrow (11Th Of July)!

392 replies to this topic

#21 Corbon Zackery

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:23 PM

Not really a good idea your going to see some quick sweeps the loss of 1 mech in a 8vs8 pretty much sways the game enough to know who's going to win. I think your going to see more sweeps in a 12vs12 once you lose about 4 mech its going to be all over. That added to mass fire on single targets is going to make you want to triple the armor given.

Also your trying to build a community up bring a public test servers into play is going to split up a fragile community into 2 separate groups. That's pointless.

Star Trek Online did this and it was just pointless because content was released onto the Tribble test server you would play through it then the content would release to Holodeck except you already played it all on Tribble test server 2 month ago.

Its like your opening up a 2nd closed Beta because your not sure if you want to add it to your Open Beta game.

Its just redundant and pointless.

#22 Damocles69

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 888 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:24 PM

YAY!!!!! 24 PPC/Gauss/ AC20 boats!!!!!

/yawn Fix your god awful game balance

#23 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:26 PM

Public testing on my birthday! Woot!

Streak spin video to celebrate!

Edited by Koniving, 11 July 2013 - 08:57 AM.

#24 Kanya Pryde

• PipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 66 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:28 PM

I would have rather heard an anncouncement this week about correcting issues with Mechs not being able to walk over rocks and tree stumps...

However, I do think it's good to have the option of 8v8 or 12v12. I for one like the idea of having different match sizes that you can log into and play.

#25 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:29 PM

View PostAxesci, on 10 July 2013 - 12:17 PM, said:

Why not have a time for European players as well? In the middle of the night on a thursday kinda s*cks! I'm guessing FPS and ping are important for us too!

Well, PGI's testing times are when they are actually there on the other end analyzing the data.

View PostCorbon Zackery, on 10 July 2013 - 12:23 PM, said:

Not really a good idea your going to see some quick sweeps the loss of 1 mech in a 8vs8 pretty much sways the game enough to know who's going to win. I think your going to see more sweeps in a 12vs12 once you lose about 4 mech its going to be all over. That added to mass fire on single targets is going to make you want to triple the armor given.

Also your trying to build a community up bring a public test servers into play is going to split up a fragile community into 2 separate groups. That's pointless.

Star Trek Online did this and it was just pointless because content was released onto the Tribble test server you would play through it then the content would release to Holodeck except you already played it all on Tribble test server 2 month ago.

Its like your opening up a 2nd closed Beta because your not sure if you want to add it to your Open Beta game.

Well, MWO at the moment shouldn't play that much differently if you think about it. The only content difference at best would be a new map or new mech.. but right now it's strictly to test the network. I'd rather they address it elsewhere before the code gets the "PGI stamp of approval™" and we get the complain about it in unison and get additional hotfixes during the week (which is rather unproductive).

#26 Kanajashi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 317 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationBritish Columbia, Canada

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:31 PM

One of the best things about the test servers is this (taken from the faq):

Can I spend MC in the Test Environment?
  • Yes you can spend the MC in your account but it will only alter the MC balance on the Test Environment. No purchases will transfer from the Test Environment to your live account.
    • Purchases in the Test Environment will not remove C-Bills or MC from your live account.
Will my Mech loadout changes in the Test Environment transfer to my live account?
  • No. Loadout changes made in the Test Environment will only affect your test account and will not relay to your live account.

You want to try out that hero that you have been in the fence about? go ahead and buy it in the test environment and give it a whirl! This is going to be a great time to experiment with builds and try chassis that you wouldn't normally spend your hard earned c-bills on.

Time to try all the things :rolleyes:

#27 Iqfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:31 PM

Wow guys. Shut the hell up, what you see here is the best they did in like 5 months.

#28 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:35 PM

account is not authorized :rolleyes:

#29 armyof1

• Bad Company
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:36 PM

View PostTennex, on 10 July 2013 - 12:35 PM, said:

account is not authorized :rolleyes:

I don't think the server is up until tomorrow?

#30 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:38 PM

View PostAxesci, on 10 July 2013 - 12:17 PM, said:

Why not have a time for European players as well? In the middle of the night on a thursday kinda s*cks! I'm guessing FPS and ping are important for us too!

10am-12am PDT should be 6pm-8pm GMT/UTC. Thats after work and before dinner and before 8man training for me. I call that a nice time spot!

View PostRasako, on 10 July 2013 - 12:11 PM, said:

did any of you even check the testing schedule? we won't even see 12v12 on public servers until august

unless a dev would like to come in here and backhand me by confirming otherwise

Get yourself on the server, get the benchmarking and bugs, submit lots of feedback and help to speed it up then.
The PTS will give the community the ability to help the devs find the bugs, that everyone is nagging about internal testers didnt find.

View PostCorbon Zackery, on 10 July 2013 - 12:23 PM, said:

Did you see the time frames? thats 2h once per week!
If you think you split up the player base with that... game over man, game over!

Edited by Reno Blade, 10 July 2013 - 12:40 PM.

#31 Joe3142

Slothstronaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 958 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:41 PM

^^ did not see that :/

Great!

Does anyone know what the times are in British time?

Edited by Joe3142, 10 July 2013 - 12:57 PM.

#32 Shumabot

• 1,695 posts

Here's hoping the process allows people to enter 12v12 games rather than 12vWWWWWWWWWW

Edited by Shumabot, 10 July 2013 - 12:41 PM.

#33 Rasako

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 214 posts

View PostReno Blade, on 10 July 2013 - 12:38 PM, said:

10am-12am PDT should be 6pm-8pm GMT/UTC. Thats after work and before dinner and before 8man training for me. I call that a nice time spot!

Get yourself on the server, get the benchmarking and bugs, submit lots of feedback and help to speed it up then.
The PTS will give the community the ability to help the devs find the bugs, that everyone is nagging about internal testers didnt find.

Did you see the time frames? thats 2h once per week!
If you think you split up the player base with that... game over man, game over!

I'm all for that, I'm just merely stating that they once again missed a deadline and apparently 12v12 wasn't as ready as we were told since it was scheduled for july 2nd

#34 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:44 PM

View PostRasako, on 10 July 2013 - 12:41 PM, said:

I'm all for that, I'm just merely stating that they once again missed a deadline and apparently 12v12 wasn't as ready as we were told since it was scheduled for july 2nd

Ah well, deadlines are the weak spot of this game. :rolleyes:
But it was said to be on PTS first, right?

#35 V I L I R

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:44 PM

Excellent, been a long time coming. Thanks. As others have said - July CDU!

#36 Garth Erlam

• 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:45 PM

View PostKoniving, on 10 July 2013 - 12:26 PM, said:

Public testing on my birthday! Woot!

Happy Birthday!

#37 PropagandaWar

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:45 PM

Want to boost those times to 8pm PDT so you get a real server test feel, or is the majority of players east coast+?

Edited by PropagandaWar, 10 July 2013 - 12:47 PM.

#38 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:46 PM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 10 July 2013 - 12:45 PM, said:

Happy Birthday!

Thanks! I'll be 28 on the 11th.

Edited by Koniving, 10 July 2013 - 12:46 PM.

#39 Lucky Noob

• The Sovereign
  • The Sovereign
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:46 PM

we need an testserver for more cocpit Items, we need moar cocpit Items :rolleyes:

#40 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:47 PM

its cool that they have the test servers up for future stuff. But personally i don't think 12 vs 12 iself is that interesting.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users