12V12 Public Test Live Tomorrow (11Th Of July)!

392 replies to this topic

#41 Reno Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:53 PM

View PostJasen, on 10 July 2013 - 12:49 PM, said:

[DELETED CONTENT]

Please keep this section of the forum to the topic of Public Test Server features.
This time around, its 12v12. The other topics don't belong here and are posted enough on their right forum sections already.
Be happy that you actually see something earlier and might participate in getting it into the game faster.

Edited by Destined, 10 July 2013 - 05:40 PM.
Quote Clean Up

#42 Shumabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:58 PM

View PostReno Blade, on 10 July 2013 - 12:53 PM, said:

Please keep this section of the forum to the topic of Public Test Server features.
This time around, its 12v12. The other topics don't belong here and are posted enough on their right forum sections already.
Be happy that you actually see something earlier and might participate in getting it into the game faster.

So being released to test half a month after it was supposed to be released to the game itself is early access now? Can we all just agree that you DHB guys don't have the ability to discern between things people should, and should not be happy about..?

#43 amenophis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrench
  • The Wrench
  • 272 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:01 PM

What link are you talking about. I do not see anything anywhere that indicates where to find this link for 12 vs 12. Never mind I found it.

Edited by amenophis, 10 July 2013 - 01:17 PM.

#44 EchoMike

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 149 posts
  • LocationSomewhere on Rigel III

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:06 PM

Well done PGI.

#45 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:07 PM

View PostShumabot, on 10 July 2013 - 12:58 PM, said:

So being released to test half a month after it was supposed to be released to the game itself is early access now? Can we all just agree that you DHB guys don't have the ability to discern between things people should, and should not be happy about..?

I find it amusing that you think everyone in DHB hold the same opinions about anything, much less what anybody should or should not be happy about. :rolleyes:

View Postamenophis, on 10 July 2013 - 01:01 PM, said:

What link are you talking about. I do not see anything anywhere that indicates where to find this link for 12 vs 12.

http://mwomercs.com/...-schedule-july/

#46 Skadi

• 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:13 PM

Still feel like its silly to have a PTS for a beta...

#47 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:14 PM

View PostShumabot, on 10 July 2013 - 12:58 PM, said:

My point was that it will be on PTS before Production, so it's earlier than if there would be NO testing for the public for 12v12.

What does it have to do that i'm with DHB when i post my opinion in these forums?
Beeing polite and trying to keep the niveau of the forum to a good level is something to strife for, or am I wrong?
(I'm just sad everytime a threat derails to offtopic stuff, because people are unhappy with offtopic topics and want to keep it at a minimum)

#48 V I L I R

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:15 PM

View PostSkadi, on 10 July 2013 - 01:13 PM, said:

Pretty clearly not really a beta anymore when you can buy things and there aren't resets. Not that that's a bad thing per se, just a bit of a misnomer.

#49 Skadi

• 4,268 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:18 PM

View PostV I L I R, on 10 July 2013 - 01:15 PM, said:

Pretty clearly not really a beta anymore when you can buy things and there aren't resets. Not that that's a bad thing per se, just a bit of a misnomer.

a lot of betas allow you to purchase items, imo a beta is test server, also a beta doesn't haft to reset every week to qualify as beta.
The point of a beta is to test crap, imo both the players and pgi have forgotten that. But if this gets balance fixes out the door faster, im all good with it...

Edited by Skadi, 10 July 2013 - 01:19 PM.

#50 Glucose

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 286 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:24 PM

You need to make sure your PTS is functioning before you go into actual release. I don't see how this is really that far fetched for us to also test.

#51 Ghost Rider LSOV

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 272 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:27 PM

Are the Public Test Servers located, well... in a different server host/place/network than the normal ones? Will we see a netcode/ping difference?

#52 JeremyCrow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationLisbon

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:28 PM

12 is the size of a mech company, so 12vs12 is perfect IMO. We can have 12Vs10 (Clan Binary) when the Clans arrive. Can't wait to test this out.

#53 Azzras

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 363 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:30 PM

And if they didn't you would probably complain that they need one...

#54 Vasces Diablo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • LocationOmaha,NE

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:39 PM

In this business/development model, "beta" is a pretty meaningless term (IMO). It's a model that a lot of games are going to and we're all just going to have to get used to the gray area it creates. If you look at the "traditional" game development model that we've become used to over the years, MWO currently has aspects that fit into and Alpha, Beta, and Published build.

#55 NinetyProof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:40 PM

View PostJasen, on 10 July 2013 - 12:05 PM, said:

[DELETED CONTENT]

Wait ... somehow you think that dropping with 12 man is vastly more complex then dropping with 8 man?

Sorry, once you can get a game to match make / drop for 8v8, 12v12 is hardly complex at all. Mostly changing limiters from 8 to 12, as well as miscellaneous things like the additional zone in spots for the new mechs at the drop locations, or display information, or changing match maker to fill for 24 instead of 16. Not tough things at all .. mostly grunt work.

Edited by Destined, 10 July 2013 - 05:41 PM.
Quote Clean Up

#56 BlueSanta

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 373 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:41 PM

Just so everyone knows, this game is now no longer a beta. Don't try and tell me that it is and use that as an excuse for anything any more. No beta has a beta within itself. Want a sign you went to open beta too soon? This is it. I think it is much needed to have a public test server, but we should have had one long before now, or the game should have stayed closed longer.

#57 Skadi

• 4,268 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:42 PM

View PostVasces Diablo, on 10 July 2013 - 01:39 PM, said:

In this business/development model, "beta" is a pretty meaningless term (IMO). It's a model that a lot of games are going to and we're all just going to have to get used to the gray area it creates. If you look at the "traditional" game development model that we've become used to over the years, MWO currently has aspects that fit into and Alpha, Beta, and Published build.

Hey look someone whos smart unlike captain flame up there because he disagrees with you!
I agree, people have forgotten what beta meens, and no longer treat beta for what it is, imo the "beta" tag does need to be removed if there not gonna treat it like one, and pgi isn't the only company like you said, this is happening EVERYWHERE. Beta IS a test server, it exists with the sole purpose of the players to test as much content and find as many bugs as possible before release so the devs can tweak and fix it in prep for launch. we are the test server.

#58 kesuga7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationSegmentum solar - Sector solar - Subsector sol - Hive world - "Holy terra"

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:45 PM

Mr pgi people makes me download stuff to play a different game mode

those monsters

do want to try it out though ;p

Edited by kesuga7, 10 July 2013 - 01:45 PM.

#59 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:45 PM

View PostBlueSanta, on 10 July 2013 - 01:41 PM, said:

Just so everyone knows, this game is now no longer a beta. Don't try and tell me that it is and use that as an excuse for anything any more. No beta has a beta within itself. Want a sign you went to open beta too soon? This is it. I think it is much needed to have a public test server, but we should have had one long before now, or the game should have stayed closed longer.

You are right and I agree with you.

But still, we cannot change that. So live with it and play and maybe test the game, or quit but please stop posting things like this - we have enough of useless quacking in this forum.

"I knew it 6 months ago!"
"See - this game sucks because of [INSERT RAGE HERE]"
"I will not spend a single cent on this game"
"Cicadas are bad mechs"

It gets nobody anywhere. Adapt or die (in my opinion).

#60 Zakie Chan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:46 PM

Really stoked about this. This is the best thing for PGI and the work it has ahead of itself to prepare for launch. Very excited to see the level of polish on future patches and the opportunity to get the outstanding issues quickly tackled.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users