ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:18 AM

View PostGaan Cathal, on 14 July 2013 - 10:44 AM, said:

Could I see some screenshots of the King Crab you've pulled from gamefiles into the SDK to determine that?

hit boxes are based off the art model. Unless they totally and radically change the art model ( not a pattern followed to date) the Mech will in all likelihood be BIGGER AND WIDER than whatever Alex whips out.

THIS
Posted Image
(and this, by Alex, no less)
Posted Image
(and this)
Posted Image
(this too)
Posted Image

is a King Crab.

Sorry if I don't need my hand held to come to a fairly obvious conclusion, or at least one based far more in existing fact and detail than your apparent assumption it won't? It seems that your goal, in 90% of your posts of late is simply to disagree and instigate. Maybe I am misreading that, and if so, I apologize. But at the very least, I base my opinion on existing info, not pipe dreams, ifs, or maybes.

#82 BookWyrm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Menig Første Klasse
  • Menig Første Klasse
  • 365 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:31 AM

That fatty is all torso, I support it's addition simply so I can close my eyes while I fight and still core it. And if the top is that wide and flat it might be fun to stack on top of too, I could ride a crab with my spider!:D

Edited by BookWyrm, 14 July 2013 - 11:32 AM.

#83 Sasha Volkova

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Gunjin
  • Gunjin
  • 449 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:37 AM

I dont see what the fuzz is about...

Posted Image

#84 Gaan Cathal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:39 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 14 July 2013 - 11:18 AM, said:

Sorry if I don't need my hand held to come to a fairly obvious conclusion, or at least one based far more in existing fact and detail than your apparent assumption it won't? It seems that your goal, in 90% of your posts of late is simply to disagree and instigate. Maybe I am misreading that, and if so, I apologize. But at the very least, I base my opinion on existing info, not pipe dreams, ifs, or maybes.

Using Alex's sketch as a baseline I'm guessing the torso segmentation will be something like this:

Posted Image

The real question about how the hitboxes will be to my mind is how big they scale the thing. It'd be the first mech in MW:O with more of a horizontal aspect than a vertical one, so it's somewhat hard to predict. It'll really depend how flat it ends up IMO. Either way I'd guess LRMs will be a ***** for them.

Edit: Worth noting that Alex's sketch is substantially less wide and flat than the TT art/models, so I'd expect at least that to carry into the MW:O model (if one ever arrives).

Edited by Gaan Cathal, 14 July 2013 - 11:40 AM.

#85 Yiazmat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 531 posts
  • LocationCentral CA

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:42 AM

Bishop, I'm starting to think you're just directly opposed to the King Crab for whatever reason. Whatever those reasons are, think about this: if by some strange twist of fate the Awesome was able to mount 2 ac/20's, do you think people (except the most die hard awe fans) would still largely ignore it because of its awful ct box? No, there'd be more ac40 awesomes rolling around than Jagerbombs, no doubt about it.

So what if the KC has a big box? it'll have 115~ armor on that ct. and dual ac20's and no slower than an atlas with a smaller profile (at least it should have a small profile, wide as the Awesome, short as a cicada)

#86 Herodes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 340 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:04 PM

If it makes it in the game, it will be a change to existing Mech styles and thus a welcome addition.

However bad or easy to destroy or slow it will be, I will drive it with pride and a grin on my face. Because I love it for its style and looks.
I can allow myself to do that. Not being a competetive gamer has some advantages :)

#87 The Trice

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 268 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:29 PM

The clan mechs will walk the same path as IS mechs , so we will have for sure a 100 ton clan mech , and whats better suited for this than King Crab (What i am trying to say its a must) but if king crab is implemented we have a little problem , right now in my illya with 2 gauss rifles it s best combination both in heat alpha and dps and great for head shots too. imagine having extra armor and more tonnage to spare ,Thats going to be a nightmare in the battle field , and if there's a hero version too then ohh yes xD

Edited by The Trice, 14 July 2013 - 12:32 PM.

#88 C A R N A G E

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 97 posts
  • LocationTN

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:19 PM

The kc would be sweet on the battlefield.I would get them 4sure :-)

#89 Gaan Cathal

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:33 PM

View PostThe Trice, on 14 July 2013 - 12:29 PM, said:

The clan mechs will walk the same path as IS mechs , so we will have for sure a 100 ton clan mech , and whats better suited for this than King Crab (What i am trying to say its a must) but if king crab is implemented we have a little problem , right now in my illya with 2 gauss rifles it s best combination both in heat alpha and dps and great for head shots too. imagine having extra armor and more tonnage to spare ,Thats going to be a nightmare in the battle field , and if there's a hero version too then ohh yes xD

Except it's an Inner Sphere design? The 100 ton Clan Mech opener will almost certainly be the Dire Wolf/Daishi.

#90 blacklp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • 249 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:08 PM

So does anyone else get the vibe that we should have the King Crab in the game?

#91 James Warren

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:29 PM

the missile door key should make the claws open and close

#92 blacklp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • 249 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:56 PM

Open and close the claws that would be cool.

#93 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:18 PM

View PostYiazmat, on 14 July 2013 - 11:42 AM, said:

Bishop, I'm starting to think you're just directly opposed to the King Crab for whatever reason. Whatever those reasons are, think about this: if by some strange twist of fate the Awesome was able to mount 2 ac/20's, do you think people (except the most die hard awe fans) would still largely ignore it because of its awful ct box? No, there'd be more ac40 awesomes rolling around than Jagerbombs, no doubt about it.

So what if the KC has a big box? it'll have 115~ armor on that ct. and dual ac20's and no slower than an atlas with a smaller profile (at least it should have a small profile, wide as the Awesome, short as a cicada)

I'm not opposed to it at all. I just find too many people seem to only comprehend hard points, and not see the whole picture. Assault Mechs, as a general rule (exception being the Victor) are not my cup of tea. If others want to drive the slow and lumbering mechs, more power to them, As for me, I simply don't think the KGC can remotely live up to the Hype (for the record, as much as I like the Zeus, I think it is in a similar boat.. the overall speed/hardpoint distribution really does nothing to make it superior to the Orion)

#94 Odins Fist

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:39 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 14 July 2013 - 09:34 AM, said:

not the dictating force and gone are not really the same thing.

Let us see what happens with that idea in about 2 months...

Nevermind the fact we totally missed Operation Revival WAVE(S) <--- Plural 1-2-3- already., and shortly #4 (already in 4)
As soon as development couldn't keep up with the "timeline", they dropped it (called it FLUFF), now whether that remains the case in the future has yet to be seen. Oh, and what happened to the "Inner Sphere News" updates..?? Those ended real quick huh.
What about all the planets that have been attacked..?? And no they are not all backwater dumps on the edge of the Periphery.
Just a few examples
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Hot_Springs
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Hermagor
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Ridderkerk the First Lyrans were entirely destroyed in less than a day of fighting.
. ............................................................................ ^ http://www.sarna.net..._Lyran_Regulars
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Twycross
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Rasalhague
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Mozirje
So it seems they will stick to the timeline when it suits them, and throw it aside when it doesn't.
So yeah, it's gone in some respects.

Lets see what happens to Clan Smoke Jaguar, they are supposed to get all but wiped out completely, do you think they will tell people in the Clans that they can't have a Clan Smoke Jaguar when that happens, I mean if it does.. What year was that again?

Predictions anyone..??

Edited by Odins Fist, 14 July 2013 - 07:14 PM.

#95 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:42 PM

View PostYiazmat, on 14 July 2013 - 11:42 AM, said:

If for some reason it was short as a Cicada it would end up wider than an Awesome and at least as long as a Stalker.

View PostOdins Fist, on 14 July 2013 - 06:39 PM, said:

Let us see what happens with that idea in about 2 months...

Nevermind the fact we totally missed Operation Revival WAVE(S) <--- Plural 1-2-3- already., and shortly #4 (already in 4)
As soon as development couldn't keep up with the "timeline", they dropped it (called it FLUFF), now whether that remains the case in the future has yet to be seen. Oh, and what happened to the "Inner Sphere News" updates..?? Those ended real quick huh.
What about all the planets that have been attacked..?? And no they are not all backwater dumps on the edge of the Periphery.
Just a few examples
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Hot_Springs
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Hermagor
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Ridderkerk the First Lyrans were entirely destroyed in less than a day of fighting.
. ............................................................................ ^ http://www.sarna.net..._Lyran_Regulars
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Twycross
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Rasalhague
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Mozirje
So it seems they will stick to the timeline when it suits them, and throw it aside when it doesn't.
So yeah, it's gone in some respects.

Lets see what happens to Clan Smoke Jaguar, they are supposed to get all but wiped out completely, do you think they will tell people in the Clans that they can't have a Clan Smoke Jaguar when that happens, I mean if it does.. What year was that again?

Predictions anyone..??

3060ish. And aside from a small enclave and some stragglers, bye bye SmokePussies.

#96 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:45 AM

I just think it is funny that almost EVERYTHING the community is complaining about, will be made worse by an A/C40 King Crab and people STILL want it LOL.

Such as...
"A/C40 is Cheese"
"There are too many Assaults"
"PPC/Gauss is everywhere" (Will be the weapon of choice to deal with the short range of KC)

The mech looks awesome, but I still feel an A/C40 or dual Gauss Assault is a mistake. PGI would be best to leave this one alone. None of the arguments for how it WOULDN'T be overpowered can't sway me.

Besides, if you want this mech so bad, why would you want one severely limited?

#97 blacklp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • 249 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:50 AM

Why would the ac 40 or dual gauss be a mistake?
What is severely limited about this mech?

Edit: If you have an issue with a dual ballistic assault, when the clan mechs come your gonna have a bad time.

Edited by blacklp, 15 July 2013 - 07:51 AM.

#98 Lucky 7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 227 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:52 AM

I demand King Crab and fully support having it in game :-).

#99 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:00 AM

Yup. The QQing will come in one of two ways..........

1 ) OMG!!! How did PGI EFF up the art and hit boxes so bad! Why does Alex make everything into a brick?!?!?!?! And hey, the art show elbows, I'm calling BS my AC20s don't have lateral movement!! (etc, etc, etc from the PGI can do no right crowd)

2) OMG!!! That thing has 2 Gauss AND PGI (naturally will add extra hardpoints) let it be able to carry 2 ER PPC AND LRMS!?!?!?!? That mech is OP! Good job PGI, glad you are so great at balance... (further raging and tooth gnashing)

#100 Odins Fist

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:06 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 14 July 2013 - 07:42 PM, said:

3060ish. And aside from a small enclave and some stragglers, bye bye SmokePussies.

Do you think MWO will last that long..??

Since the map isn't going to change (no Conquering of houses and such), then what's the point of CW..??

Think about it, House Steiner will never be able to defeat it's primary enemy, the map won't change, and this is supposed to be some form of community warfare..?? What's next, participation trophies.???

What's the point of fighting a war that "NOBODY" will or can win..?? Community Warfare, please...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users