Petition for Urbanmech

796 replies to this topic

#381 Brandon Heat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts
  • LocationNürnberg

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:31 AM

GO URBIE GO!!!!

Urbanmechs should get a more serious character, it is an Overwhelming Battlemech!

#382 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:41 AM

With a maybe implementation of Urban Territory and a chance to skid and fall on pavement...i thin Urbanmech isn't the worst choice. It is the only mech that don't get a disadvantage in a city in comparison with open terrain.

#383 movingtarget

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:33 PM

urbanmech think of it as a short assault mech

#384 byFid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 296 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:47 PM

I want him!!!

#385 Princess79

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 32 posts
  • Location栃木県、日本 Tochigi-Ken, Japan

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:14 PM

One more vote for Urbanmech

#386 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:39 AM

View PostLong Draw, on 02 May 2012 - 04:30 PM, said:

And I could one shot kill the UrbanMech in MW4 using an Alpha Strike of PPC's and ER LL's.

That's actually several shots. The UrbanMech is a tough trashcan, the slowness comes with extra armor and weapons compared to other lights... it's not slow because they decided to just install a cheap 2-stroke engine and call it good; that weight went elsewhere. Like into the slug that I just burried in your cockpit.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 15 May 2012 - 08:42 AM.

#387 Sheilei

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationOn a mountain shelf in the middle of freakin' nowhere.

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:59 AM

There is one more reason why the Urbanmech should be in the game that many probably haven't considered- It should be very easy for the dev's to put it togheter.
In other words it will probably take less than half time to make it functional for the game because of it's simple shapes.

Just wanted to put the thought there even though i won't be using it myself. But can i see myself being supported by a walking trashcan with a big gun? Sure.
When the big mechs bully me i'll hide behind big bro Urbie. :)

#388 Aristo_

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 44 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:51 AM

The Urbanmech has my vote!

#389 George Ledoux

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:15 AM

I mentioned the Urbanmech during a NGNG podcast a couple of weeks ago. I always root for the little guy! Plus, the name always makes me think of the "Love Bug" Volkswagen movies...

"Urbie the Love Mech! Starring Dean Jones, Stephanie Powers and Buddy Hackett! Now playing at your local drive-in..."

Yeah, I'm THAT old. :)

#390 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:25 AM

"Look at it go! Man I love this Mech. It has my favorite things - style, a big gun, and a whole lot of explosions. You know my wife sometimes looks at me strangely. 'Duncan," she says "there's more to life than UrbanMechs.' Frankly, it's like she speaks another language. I mean, the words make sense individually, but put them together and it's complete nonsense."

Posted Image :)

#391 Beazle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationOahu

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:34 AM

I think the Urbie should be put in.

But only as Premium content.

If your not willing to pay to pilot it, then you don't deserve one.

#392 DeathGuardOO14

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 123 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:45 AM

The Urbanmech comic strip instantly convinced me that it must be in the game.

#393 Lanc3rz3r0

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:49 AM

Personally I hate this mech. I'll tell you why.
My pops and I play (yes play, not played)
the tabletop game. Urbie the love-trashcan is his light mech in his lance (mine is a commando)
I cannot TELL you how many times that damned urbie has rolled crits on my mechs, one of which,Arcturus, my Centurion, is my pride and joy (and, I might add, is my own personal mech) for the killshot.
Its like a walking chode (you know, a pecker that is bigger around than it is long)
and so, by proxy, getting killed by it is very insulting.

Arcturus is a great mech, and usually the Van(guard) of my lance. It is also highly customized for maneuverability and punch, with an all-energy loadout and extra (double) heat-sinks. Its PPC (instead of the AC10) is lethal, and the two medium lasers instead of the LRM 5 make it deadlier at close range. now, granted, an AWS cooks me, but I have enough weapons and heatsinks that with careful management, i can stay deadly in protracted fights.

IF the darn chode doesnt kill me first.

Having said all this, I think it SHOULD be in game, for the aforementioned (in other posts) reasons, and because it IS actually a great mech.

#394 FrostPaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:01 AM

I was just thinking....what if the urban mech was the free mech we all started with?

Entire matches of urban mech vs urban mech.

#395 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:39 AM

They would lose SO MUCH MONEY because I would just stick with the Urb and not buy anything ;-)

#396 Lord Perversor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in New Aragon

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:02 AM

+1 for the urbie, also make it the starter one it always made me chuckle

#397 Kreisel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 466 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:59 AM

I'd be interested in seeing the Urbanmech in game. for one, people are majorly fanboying on it to the point I could see all Urbanmech premade teams, just to troll people. ;P Once you've modeled the Urbanmech it's a very short jump to making the Clans their own version with the Urbanmech IIC.

Urbanmech would be a great test of if they really have done a good job with the design to make light mechs desirable and playable for reasons other than just speed. If speed is a light's only advantage, well... the Urbanmech would quickly highlight the problem with the fact larger mechs can in many cases be just as fast as the smaller counterparts. Thus the lights really need something more than just speed+cheap to make them viable/desirable.

#398 Tincan Nightmare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:18 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 15 May 2012 - 08:39 AM, said:

That's actually several shots. The UrbanMech is a tough trashcan, the slowness comes with extra armor and weapons compared to other lights... it's not slow because they decided to just install a cheap 2-stroke engine and call it good; that weight went elsewhere. Like into the slug that I just burried in your cockpit.

Well it has 6 tons of armor, only 10 points for each arm, 11 for the ct, and 8 for each side torso which is where the AC ammo is stored. One PPC shot to the right torso and you have a flaming trashcan. I'll be happy if they put this Mech in the game, that large AC should be an easy target, leaving you with a sm. laser. And just watch the videos showcasing assaults and realize that your trashcan will be moving slower than that, makes hitting a target..... er Urbanmech just that much easier.

#399 oohawkoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:48 PM

i wouldnt mind it in game =3 would prolly use it too =3 ... i mean if your gonna judge it by its looks then ur in for a nasty suprize =3

and its not the only weird looking mech lol

jenna and raven both look freakin weird to me o.O

if nothing else it would be a good cheap mech to make cbils with in an emergancy =3

could prolly make it look pretty cute with a good paint job =3

#400 Creepy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 134 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:55 AM

I'd drive it.

14 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users