519 replies to this topic

#101 Belorion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:24 PM

The rage'ers can't even decide what it is they are complaining about. Is it heat, is it ppc's is it boating, is it high alphas, is it LRMs, is it streaks....?

Most of the time I get killed by brawlers, not by PPCs.

ETA: Reminds me of the Occupy Wallstreet movement. Another bunch of people complaining about nothing.

Edited by Belorion, 25 July 2013 - 03:27 PM.

#102 Victor Morson

• Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:31 PM

I do love how PGI absolutely refuses to admit they've made a mistake, and that everything they are doing is going directly against the wishes of the community (barring the few that are too inexperienced to understand what's really happening), while refusing to do external testing.

They don't want to change the course, even in the face of annihilation. Everyone says hell no to 3PV, they mush on with it. Everyone tells them a million times over why the heat system they made is stupid, poorly thought out, and cannot work and they mush on with it. Everyone tells them why their binary ECM system is awful and they stay the course.

They don't care. They don't care the game sucks competitively, they don't care that as a result, it's terrible publically. They don't care that people are getting fed up and a LOT of people are about to leave.

All they care about it sticking to Paul & Russ's master vision, which is horrendous. Seriously if you guys can't think of a better way to address a few problem builds than to break every weapon in the game, you should not have your jobs. Sorry.

EDIT: And yes, we rage about other things too, but they always sacrifice a working weapon when they fix another - this time they murdered the Streaks to improve SRMs. It's a track record that has been going strong since 2012.

Edited by Victor Morson, 25 July 2013 - 03:32 PM.

#103 Warge

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts
  • LocationKiyiv

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:33 PM

What's the reason of +1 heat to PPC/EPPC if this "heat scaling" isn't temporary solution?

#104 Goose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:34 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 25 July 2013 - 12:57 PM, said:

First in line will be the Medium Mechs with a series of agility buffs coming their way.

Sir: I don't think this is a good idea.

The Cicada is a light, the Shadow Hawk isn't here yet, the Phoenix Hawk is verboten, and the Wraith is years away: Everything else is a Victim-Class Pocket Heavy, and are thus bad test subjects. Yes: Even the Trebuchet, with it's base walk-5 engine(s). This revision, done without a proper Medium for testing, would be tantamount to adjusting Lights based on the performance of Panthers and UrbanMechs.

Everyone says "Mediums are bad," when the issue is "We have no Mediums" …

OK, OK: There is that one big engined Treb, and Yen-Lo-Wang, too, but nether of them jump: That's not the smallest issue here, is it?

#105 ToxicValor

• PipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 50 posts
  • LocationSaturn

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:35 PM

All this is EXACTLY the reason why PGI doesn't technically have business saying anything. Period.
Nothing but worthless entitled comments.
If you don't like it leave. No one is forcing your hand anywhere.

I personally enjoy these little updates. Patience has its own reward.

#106 Victor Morson

• Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:40 PM

View PostToxicValor, on 25 July 2013 - 03:35 PM, said:

If you don't like it leave. No one is forcing your hand anywhere.

Tons and tons and tons of people already have.

Also for people who have spent $200 on this game based on promises, they have every right to demand those promises met. In particular when the only thing wrecking this game right now is Paul/Russ's ego demanding the implementation of insane and poorly thought out systems instead of year overdue tweaks!

Edited by Victor Morson, 25 July 2013 - 03:48 PM.

#107 ZonbiBadger

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:41 PM

View PostVagGR, on 25 July 2013 - 02:27 PM, said:

being grateful for the communication is one thing, agreeing or liking what they said is another. im against haters as well but not against criticism
lights and mediums already ARE more agile than heavies/ assaults. this is somethin g that its obvious in game even now, when you see mediums and lights doing 2+ kills and 400+dmg. you think that a 5% faster turning rate will make any difference? i believe classes are distinct enough. but why an average player go for medium that requires arguably more effort and tense playing to get those kills when its so much easier on a gauss/ppc assault or heavy. what if killing the enemy was mot the only objective? (conquest with its current impolementation is really no different, kill first cap later).. on the other hand, with the current state of hit registration im really worried that this change could lead to even more untouchable mechs and thus leading to other more frustrating issues.

Maybe because some of us like using fast and reasonably well armored mechs that are more difficult to survive in and take more skill using?

#108 Victor Morson

• Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:44 PM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 25 July 2013 - 12:57 PM, said:

Third Person view will enter public test sometime next week. We’re excited to get player feedback ahead of its planned released in August.

You are excited to delete/move a ton of massive frothing hate posts next week? Boy you must be bored.

We're rapidly nearing a "Let them eat cake" level of disconnect here, folks.

View PostBishop Steiner, on 25 July 2013 - 03:42 PM, said:

Uh what, does the #SaveMWO thread OP have access to actual server and user data?

The fact every core unit in the game will be there, many facing mass exodus of players, means quite a bit.

Community Warfare won't mean much if nobody is left to play it.

Edited by Victor Morson, 25 July 2013 - 03:47 PM.

#109 Harabeck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:48 PM

Congrats on Sarah's mech, PPC heat change sounds great, but I'm still very dubious about 3PV.

#110 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:53 PM

View PostGoose, on 25 July 2013 - 03:34 PM, said:

Sir: I don't think this is a good idea.

The Cicada is a light, the Shadow Hawk isn't here yet, the Phoenix Hawk is verboten, and the Wraith is years away: Everything else is a Victim-Class Pocket Heavy, and are thus bad test subjects. Yes: Even the Trebuchet, with it's base walk-5 engine(s). This revision, done without a proper Medium for testing, would be tantamount to adjusting Lights based on the performance of Panthers and UrbanMechs.

Everyone says "Mediums are bad," when the issue is "We have no Mediums" …

OK, OK: There is that one big engined Treb, and Yen-Lo-Wang, too, but nether of them jump: That's not the smallest issue here, is it?

CICADA is a Medium, regardless of your opinion. Just as Quickdraw is a Heavy and Awesomes and Victors are Assaults.
BJ-1X is a good medium test unit. There are Trebuchets WITH JJs.

And speed and agility are two very different things.

#111 matux

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 584 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:53 PM

The most amazing thing about this is over night (or just after hitting the $40k mark for Sarah's Jenner), the magical development fairy came in and did all the work and the month later for release was no longer needed.

is the phoenix pack going to drag on like the founders pack or can we expect to see the fairy appear again?

#112 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:55 PM

View PostVictor Morson, on 25 July 2013 - 03:44 PM, said:

You are excited to delete/move a ton of massive frothing hate posts next week? Boy you must be bored.

We're rapidly nearing a "Let them eat cake" level of disconnect here, folks.

The fact every core unit in the game will be there, many facing mass exodus of players, means quite a bit.

Community Warfare won't mean much if nobody is left to play it.

Oh cool, anecdotal data. Of course, summer, vacations, usual burnout causing people to take breaks of course has no effect in this. Or the stated fact that many people are playing other games until CW launches. And interestingly, my unit has seen a return of players over the last month.

See, more anecdotal data.

#113 Evax

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 141 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:56 PM

I'd like to see a bonus exp/CB's for killing mechs of the same weight class. i.e: exp bonus for lights killing other lights. This may promote lights to attack the other teams lights instead of skirmishing and maybe pointing assaults toward ignoring lights and fighting the main fight.

I'd also like a bonus for dying while defending cap while in a light or medium.

Edited by Evax, 25 July 2013 - 03:58 PM.

#114 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:57 PM

View Postmatux, on 25 July 2013 - 03:53 PM, said:

The most amazing thing about this is over night (or just after hitting the $40k mark for Sarah's Jenner), the magical development fairy came in and did all the work and the month later for release was no longer needed.

is the phoenix pack going to drag on like the founders pack or can we expect to see the fairy appear again?

or.... the fact they stated in the initial post that they MIGHT release early bundles of them if the contributions were doing well........

but hey, guess I'm the only one who reads the actual posts and updates?

#115 Victor Morson

• Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:59 PM

View PostBelorion, on 25 July 2013 - 03:50 PM, said:

Why do you still play?

Because of my unit, and the fact that MW:O would be entirely fixable in under a week if they'd do the right thing for a change.

Instead I'm sitting here watching it slowly die by making dumb decision after dumb decision.

If I was solo, I'd checked out when it became apparent that the PGI designers have jammed ear plugs in as far as they'll go and think every decision they've made is a good one, no matter how universally hated.

-

I'll end it for now on this note:

"DO YOU WANT 3PV?" polls pop up all the time. 90% of us vote NO. Every single time. Hundreds of votes. PGI keeps happily announcing 3PV as coming like it's a feature we're all waiting for.

Yeah. Not much to say past that.

Edited by Victor Morson, 25 July 2013 - 03:59 PM.

#116 Belorion

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:02 PM

View PostVictor Morson, on 25 July 2013 - 03:59 PM, said:

Because of my unit, and the fact that MW:O would be entirely fixable in under a week if they'd do the right thing for a change.

Instead I'm sitting here watching it slowly die by making dumb decision after dumb decision.

If I was solo, I'd checked out when it became apparent that the PGI designers have jammed ear plugs in as far as they'll go and think every decision they've made is a good one, no matter how universally hated.

-

I'll end it for now on this note:

"DO YOU WANT 3PV?" polls pop up all the time. 90% of us vote NO. Every single time. Hundreds of votes. PGI keeps happily announcing 3PV as coming like it's a feature we're all waiting for.

Yeah. Not much to say past that.

I don't see it as all bleak as that, and to be honest many of the cure all ideas I see kicked around on the forums look like pretty bad ideas to me.

#117 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:05 PM

View PostBelorion, on 25 July 2013 - 04:02 PM, said:

I don't see it as all bleak as that, and to be honest many of the cure all ideas I see kicked around on the forums look like pretty bad ideas to me.

Oh no, most of these guys are such experienced DEVS themselves they could write this game in a week. Yet oddly instead of doing so or developing other games.. they are here. *shrugs*

#118 Phoenix Branson

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:08 PM

To be honest, the developers don't have to tell us a damn thing about the development process. But, they communicate on a regular basis with their updates. I've been here since closed beta and the game is improving every patch. Making a AAA title such as MWO doesn't happen overnight. People have to take a breath and let them work! Remember, PGI is in it for the long haul and developing games is going to have bumps in the road. Overall, PGI is doing a great job and I have complete faith this game is going to be the best Mechwarrior installment to date. Remember, take a breath. :)

#119 Belorion

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:09 PM

View PostRoland, on 25 July 2013 - 04:05 PM, said:

Seriously dude? You're perfectly satisfied with how things are going? This is the game you expected when you shelled out your founders' money?

The main complaints I see from people are PPC's which to me aren't all that OP, and I tend to not run them due to heat problems, and hit registry which they are working on.

So whats the big deal?

#120 Gallowglas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:11 PM

View Postenderfan576, on 25 July 2013 - 02:59 PM, said:

Well since most of you will immediately hate me for sharing this opinion/question theres really no point for me to list it, but I will anyway. I'm really confused as to why such effort was put into churning out Sarahs mech so quickly when you could have taken in donations and delivered it much later down the line after more core features were implemented. I mean with the amount other things have been delayed I know people are used to waiting on things around here, so why bother rushing this? I understand its really just a basic recolor of a mech but the principle is there. Its kinda disgusting how you're using this as a well hidden grab deal to bring more accounts into the playerbase. If people honestly cared about cancer research you would have donated the $10 directly to the foundation. I mean its all well and good and goodhearted but with the history of this company and where money from the playerbase goes (ala founders going into tactics) I am hesitant to give any of my own cash to give me something substantial to feel better about my charity.

Instead of being so toxic and paranoid, perhaps you should take a moment to read what the real reason for the delay was.

Viterbi said:

Sarah's Mech should be released this month, but as I noted before we're not quite ready to push it live.

Trust me, we want to get this out as quickly as possible; it's such a great cause and the sooner we can start raising money, the better. I'm personally following up with everyone working on this, we're just waiting on our partners and other organizations to get back to us with the final details.

I'm truly sorry about the delay, we're doing our best to get it available for purchase as quickly as we can! It's our first charity-related sale, so we're setting the groundwork for similar charity events in the future. Thanks for your patience.

BTW, you may recall that this charitable drive was BECAUSE OF THE COMMUNITY REQUEST FOR IT. It wasn't something that evil, greedy PGI dreamed up in some nefarious scheme.

Honestly, some of the rampant vitriol is beyond childish. Look, we all want more information, including dates. We're all impatient for more progress on CW. We all want more balance. However, stop being so freaking agsty for crying out loud. If every single aspect of the game - including things that should be considered a positive like Sarah's mech - makes you this mad, cynical, negative, and paranoid, maybe you should re-evaluate how you're spending your time and focus. There's a difference between constructive criticism and destructive cynicism and angst. If you can't tell the difference, then you probably should rethink posting.

Edited by Gallowglas, 25 July 2013 - 04:22 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users