519 replies to this topic

#121 3Xtr3m3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 717 posts
  • LocationOn Your Six

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:13 PM

Thanks devs, a lot of good stuff. (Sarah's Mech tomorrow, 12 v12 going live soon, and on and on).
Looking forward to tomorrows ATD answers.

#122 Roland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:13 PM

View PostBelorion, on 25 July 2013 - 04:09 PM, said:

The main complaints I see from people are PPC's which to me aren't all that OP, and I tend to not run them due to heat problems, and hit registry which they are working on.

So whats the big deal?

Obviously nothing.
If you do not perceive any significant issues with the game, then there are none. Nothing that someone else can tell you will convince you otherwise.

And honestly, it shouldn't. If you play the game and believe it to be without issues, then as I told Bishop, that's totally awesome for you.

And hey, perhaps there are many other folks out there who are like you both and believe the current state of the game to be great. Those people will no doubt be satisfied customers for PGI.

#123 Phoenix Branson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:14 PM

I'm tired of people complaining about balance. It took Starcraft ten years to achieve perfection.

Edited by Maverick01, 25 July 2013 - 04:35 PM.

#124 Roland

• 8,260 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:16 PM

Again, I like Mechwarrior, and I like this game. There are many aspects which make it the best Mechwarrior game to date.

But there are also issues which seem to be consistently ignored, and some priorties seem to be misguided. Devoting resources to a third person view, which has already been stated will not be directly put into the actual games against players who aren't using it, seems like a mistake.

It seems like Community warfare is what will make or break this game, since we have a very limited ability to develop our own community warfare system like we did in MW4.

It's troubling. I continue to support PGI, but I'm starting to feel like a sucker for doing it.

#125 Iqfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:20 PM

"What are we?!" - "Mechwarriors!"
"What do we do?!" - "Blowing Stuff up in our giant Steel Robots!"
"When do we do it?!" - "When we finished crying!"

Your tears are flowing into the big ocean of q.q and it slowly overflows till i can feel the cold and salty essence of your absurdity in Germany!

Guys, this is great news:

DX11 next month (All graphic h*** - hey!)
Engine Update next month
3PV next month (looking forward to see my mech from the outside in specific modes)
Lava Map on tuesday
PPC nerf (yay! more tears :) )
Medium and Light buff (Im digging holes already for your tears)

Shut up and take even more of my money.

I love your game PGI

Edited by IqfishLP, 25 July 2013 - 04:21 PM.

#126 Chronojam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:20 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 25 July 2013 - 03:55 PM, said:

Oh cool, anecdotal data. Of course, summer, vacations, usual burnout causing people to take breaks of course has no effect in this. Or the stated fact that many people are playing other games until CW launches. And interestingly, my unit has seen a return of players over the last month.

See, more anecdotal data.

Summer vacation means that player counts should be at an all time high, but FAILED TO FIND A MATCH just like usual. We share the same queues, you should be seeing the same FAILED TO FIND A MATCH, it's not an anecdote if it's a shared experience.

#127 Phoenix Branson

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:36 PM

The only part I'm sad about is no new 'Mech announcement. :)

#128 Gallowglas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:36 PM

View PostChronojam, on 25 July 2013 - 04:20 PM, said:

Summer vacation means that player counts should be at an all time high, but FAILED TO FIND A MATCH just like usual. We share the same queues, you should be seeing the same FAILED TO FIND A MATCH, it's not an anecdote if it's a shared experience.

Are you talking about 8-man queues? Because, if so, I don't think it's low population that killed that queue. It was the rampant lack of mech/weapon variety, stagnant tactics, and resultant non-fun gameplay that largely contributed to its demise. As far as the 4-man/solo queue goes, anecdotally speaking I don't think it's changed much since the game's inception. It's still relatively rare that I fail to find a match regardless of whether it's 6pm or 4am. Furthermore, it would be difficult to draw any conclusion about what impact player counts have on matchmaking queues without knowing the matchmaking algorithms.

I'm not suggesting populations are healthy. I'm not suggesting they're unhealthy. However, I'd be careful about forming opinions based on potentially false correlations.

Edited by Gallowglas, 25 July 2013 - 04:37 PM.

#129 Thorqemada

• 6,366 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:37 PM

Afaik Summer allways means an alltime low to playtime bcs there are many equal or more attractive oportunities to spend time on.

Imho the success of the Sarah Charity Action is sort of an Eyeopener to PGI.

Edited by Thorqemada, 25 July 2013 - 04:37 PM.

#130 Warge

• 1,027 posts
  • LocationKiyiv

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:37 PM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 25 July 2013 - 12:57 PM, said:

There are multiple ways to approach this but we are taking our time to ensure we pick the right path to maximize the effectiveness of what we can do...

Brilliant words! But memory (horrible behavior! horrible!) helpfully reminds three terms: "heat threshold", "LRM", "ECM".

#131 Belorion

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:42 PM

I haven't had a failed to find a match in months. Including 8 mans.

#132 Cion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 750 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:42 PM

When I read this :

Like UI 2.0, the community can expect detailed posts and reveals ahead of Community Warfare’s test server debut and final release.

I involuntarily read this (I've done this multiple times)

"Like UI 2.0, the community can expect delayed posts and reveals ahead of Community Warfare’s test server debut and final release."

------------------------------
Also, 0 incentive for me to buy Project Phoenix. I was on the fence, but very unimpressive update. Love the game but not dishing out $80 just yet...(hopefully someday).

Anyways, thanks for the update, even if it was pretty bland.

#133 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:49 PM

View PostRoland, on 25 July 2013 - 04:13 PM, said:

Obviously nothing.
If you do not perceive any significant issues with the game, then there are none. Nothing that someone else can tell you will convince you otherwise.

And honestly, it shouldn't. If you play the game and believe it to be without issues, then as I told Bishop, that's totally awesome for you.

And hey, perhaps there are many other folks out there who are like you both and believe the current state of the game to be great. Those people will no doubt be satisfied customers for PGI.

as he continues to twist what was actually said and conveniently ignores the corrections.

#134 Monsoon

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:50 PM

View PostZakerystrife, on 25 July 2013 - 02:30 PM, said:

To be fair, we already have the next 6 mechs already announced, don't we? Orion, Flea, Locust, Shadowhawk, Thunderbolt, Battlemaster....

View PostRyvucz, on 25 July 2013 - 02:38 PM, said:

Exactly! BLAM!

Unless they forgot what brand of microwave Garth uses, maybe he can repost that.

Ummmm, No. Flea delayed until we have MASC in the game, Orion in the next 2-3 months (if it doesn't get further pushed back) and yes we have dates for the Op Ph Mechs, but they've also stated that we'll be moving into a 2 Mech-a-Month schedule, so while we do know of 6 upcoming mechs, they are not necessarily the NEXT 6 mech we're seeing.

@OP: Thanks Bryan, I know it's not a ton of new info, but it's nice to see what you are all working on. The Naysayers are going to Nay Say that's what they do, I just ignore that as so much white noise.

Also Bryan, in terms of 'new format' I would love (and hope) you're going to a more frequent Dev Blog style of informing the community. As it was, the CDU was a paler version of the old Content/Features Roadmap, in my opinion.

Edited by Monsoon, 25 July 2013 - 07:36 PM.

#135 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:53 PM

View PostWarge, on 25 July 2013 - 04:37 PM, said:

Brilliant words! But memory (horrible behavior! horrible!) helpfully reminds three terms: "heat threshold", "LRM", "ECM".

yes, all THREE such hugely current game breaking issues.

Oh wait...... they aren't anymore? The game is actually (relatively) balanced and playable and finally isn't a snipefest for lazy metarapists to try to stroke their epeen to?

Sorry if PGI didn't make instant kneejerk "fixes" the would likely have just made other things broken. And sorry that they are not as skilled of Devs as you great minds where they can fix the code instantly, overnight.

But thank you for making my point by trottin out yesterdays news as some sort of continued angst issue. Cool that even when things aren't an issue anymore, they are still fuel for QQ.

#136 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:58 PM

haven't failed to find match in months.

Also, summer vacation, for those with an actual life, means getting OUT of the house. Going to the mall, the movies, camping, family vacation, a baseball game, etc.

Hence the fact that INDUSTRY WIDE summer is a slow cycle. During the colder months, when people can't enjoy being outside, numbers swell.

Logic and fact. It's useful stuff.

#137 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:58 PM

A 1 pt heat increase on PPC/ERPPCs is hardly what I'd call aggressive.

#138 Rasako

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 214 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:59 PM

View PostMaverick01, on 25 July 2013 - 04:14 PM, said:

I'm tired of people complaining about balance. It took Starcraft ten years to achieve perfection.

I still find starcraft to be imbalanced as all hell, but I was barely considered an above average player lol ;p

on-topic: I appreciate the information PGI has given but I hope there will be an august update as well? at least some kind of update on the state of the game for when launch hits (preferably before launch of course)

Edited by Rasako, 25 July 2013 - 05:01 PM.

#139 Gallowglas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:05 PM

View PostFishhawk, on 25 July 2013 - 04:57 PM, said:

I love how people ***** when we don't hear from PGI and the same people ***** when we DO hear from PGI .... notice a trend?

Honestly, this is one reason why I think the forums of F2P games become so toxic. In subscription games, players who get fed up stop subscribing and lose access to post. Here, they can post for months after they've stopped playing and you come to realize how many of these people are like creepy exes who can't move on and who are obsessed with wallowing in negativity and making your life miserable.

The sad part is that there are some extremely constructive critics in this community whose feedback I consider to be consistently valuable, nuanced, logical, etc. and whose posts, despite being critical, are a joy to read. They just get lost in the other nonsense.

#140 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:05 PM

View PostFishhawk, on 25 July 2013 - 04:57 PM, said:

I love how people ***** when we don't hear from PGI and the same people ***** when we DO hear from PGI .... notice a trend?

Yeah, when PGI says something it usually equates to a whole lot of nothing.

Still no sign of UI 2.0. How long can they truly drag that out? I get the feeling it will be the major "launch" feature that really doesn't add anything to the game (as far as I can tell considering we have very little information on it).

When is launch again? September?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users