519 replies to this topic

#81 East Indy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationPacifica Training School, waiting for BakPhar shares to rise

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:42 PM

Looking forward to it all, gentlemen. Keep it up.

#82 xZaOx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:43 PM

This gave us almost as much information as the "Launch" update.

#83 Tabrias07

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 482 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:44 PM

We waited all month for this?

#84 Farix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 890 posts

View PostDeathofSelf, on 25 July 2013 - 01:40 PM, said:

Oh gawd, I'm having closed beta flashbacks

I would presume that the engine update is to fix thing such as the hud bug and won't be like the update from CryEngine 3.0 to 3.5.

Edited by Farix, 25 July 2013 - 02:45 PM.

#85 Jetfire

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

View PostKanajashi, on 25 July 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

The TL;DR
  • First batch of Sarah’s Mechs coming this Friday
  • Terra Therma (Volcano Map) next Tuesday
  • 3rd person public test next week, with planned release for August
  • Tutorials coming in August, on test server “shortly”
  • Direct X11 coming in August, on test server “shortly”
  • Heat increase of +1 on PPC/ERPPC
  • Buffs for Large Pulse and Medium Pulse
  • Buffs to Medium mech agility
  • Weight balancing to restrict the numbers of Heavies and Assaults
  • Increase player rewards for completing specific objectives (example: capping in conquest)

Sept is gonna be a {Dezgra} if that is August.

#86 TurboChickenMan

Clone

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:46 PM

View PostTezcatli, on 25 July 2013 - 02:39 PM, said:

Frankly I browse the forums and hope for some kind of an update. And here it is. So I am thanking them for the effort.

"some kind" is right.

They say that "something is better than nothing". But when it's THIS close to nothing, well...

-_-

Edited by TurboChickenMan, 25 July 2013 - 02:47 PM.

#87 PropagandaWar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:51 PM

See I like fluff. The Director Updates once a month are fluff to me. I like seeing little tidbits once a week because I'm compulsive. I don't always agree with what they do but when they keep us in the loop on the major issues. "SRM's" for expample I could easily deal with which ever way they chose to go. As a customer however I hate waiting 3months longer than the stated "update" for something that happen and then not have it happen with no explanation and then Wa-LA we get a one liner saying SRM's will be buffed this patch. If they simply said you know what guys we thought we were going to update SRM's this month but still feel they are borqued so it'll take some time, it would have been really easy to swallow.

Retract what you need to just do it in a timely fashion. When you pulled the flea there was hardly a murmur of flame on the forums. When you snaked the orion out of nowwhere look what happened. Keep it to the big issues of course not the little ones or you would be at it all day. Just pop in a "heads up with sorry its been delayed". It would probably create a better less sarcastic community.

#88 Tezcatli

• The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:56 PM

View PostTurboChickenMan, on 25 July 2013 - 02:46 PM, said:

"some kind" is right.

They say that "something is better than nothing". But when it's THIS close to nothing, well...

:)

If that's the way you choose to see it. I noticed a few other people got more out of it. o.O

#89 TheSteelRhino

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 600 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:58 PM

Thank for the update and for looking into things from a medium mech pilot

#90 owouwuowo

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:59 PM

Well since most of you will immediately hate me for sharing this opinion/question theres really no point for me to list it, but I will anyway. I'm really confused as to why such effort was put into churning out Sarahs mech so quickly when you could have taken in donations and delivered it much later down the line after more core features were implemented. I mean with the amount other things have been delayed I know people are used to waiting on things around here, so why bother rushing this? I understand its really just a basic recolor of a mech but the principle is there. Its kinda disgusting how you're using this as a well hidden grab deal to bring more accounts into the playerbase. If people honestly cared about cancer research you would have donated the $10 directly to the foundation. I mean its all well and good and goodhearted but with the history of this company and where money from the playerbase goes (ala founders going into tactics) I am hesitant to give any of my own cash to give me something substantial to feel better about my charity.

#91 Drunk Canuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • 572 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh?

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:08 PM

View PostObsidianSpectre, on 25 July 2013 - 01:18 PM, said:

I'm a bit disappointed that this didn't address or acknowledge any community concerns with the heat scaling system.

You mean the concerns that only the casual players are whining about because they can't one shot other players with a 6 PPC alpha? The heat scaling is perfectly fine, stop whining.

#92 Rashhaverak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 612 posts
  • LocationMajestic Waterfowl Sanctuary

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:10 PM

Thanks for the update Bryan! Thought for a bit there that we wouldn't get a Creative Director's Update for July.

I really have to say that you guys are doing a great job. Don't let the squawkers and bashers get you down. Me and several of my team members were just commenting on the fact that we've been playing the game about a full year now, and yet we are still not bored! Can't say that about too many other games. We are having a great time, and you are all doing a great job! The meta seems to have really gotten much better with the last few patches, and you can feel the excitement in the group over what the next two months has in store.

Keep up the great work, and keep up that enthusiasm!

Edited by Rashhaverak, 25 July 2013 - 03:16 PM.

#93 Tsula

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 516 posts
  • LocationNew Alavon

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:14 PM

View PostRashhaverak, on 25 July 2013 - 03:10 PM, said:

Thanks for the update Bryan! Thought for a bit there that we wouldn't get a Creative Director's Update.

I really have to say that you guys are doing a great job. Don't let the squawkers and bashers get you down. Me and several of my team members were just commenting on the fact that we've been playing the game about a full year now, and yet we are still not bored! Can't say that about too many other games. We are having a great time, and you are all doing a great job! The meta seems to have really gotten much better with the last few patches, and you can feel the excitement in the group over what the next two months has in store.

Keep up the great work, and keep up that enthusiasm!

Agreed, couldn't have said it better coming from closed beta till now, and in no way bored with it look forward to Sept. 17th and beyond.

#94 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:15 PM

View PostDrunk Canuck, on 25 July 2013 - 03:08 PM, said:

You mean the concerns that only the casual players are whining about because they can't one shot other players with a 6 PPC alpha? The heat scaling is perfectly fine, stop whining.

This horribly ignorant position is part of the reason feedback gets so clouded.

Nobody is complaining about that. At all. We are complaining about the fact that the far superior 'mech setup, the PPC + Gauss combo, remains totally untouched and cannot be touched without destroying the guns entirely with this system. Victors, Highlanders.. they were better than the 6 PPC Stalker before and still are.

6 PPC Stalkers were babies first alpha build and nothing more. So instead of fixing them, they nerf Swaybacks and Large Lasers? What?

What problems is anti-boating SRM2s going to solve?

Go read "The Maths" thread. Please. Literally hundreds of posts explaining why this is a failure.

Edited by Victor Morson, 25 July 2013 - 03:17 PM.

#95 Grendel408

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:16 PM

Keep it up Devs! :)

#96 GrandKlaive

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 63 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:16 PM

How many Sarah's Jenner's we talking here for early release Friday???

#97 Runesword

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 49 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:17 PM

not happy with 3rd person view comen, it will be mw4 all over again with the poptart sniping and a few other things that i can think of. I and a bunch of my friends stoped playing mw4 becouse of it. If we aint able to join a match where all are forced into 1st person, we will prob stop playing and spending money on this game.

other then the 3rd person, should be intersting to see the changes.

#98 Lefteye Falconeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 352 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario.

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:19 PM

I'm amazed at how much rage some people have in them. Thanks PGI, this is sweet stuff and it's appreciated. Keep it up.

#99 101011

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:23 PM

Brace yourself for a wall of text (TL:DR near the bottom)

View PostThontor, on 25 July 2013 - 01:30 PM, said:

Lots of good new information there. Thanks for taking the time to write it up!
What I learned from this update:
  • First batch of Sarah's Jenner being delivered tomorrow! (glad to hear this, thanks, PGI)
  • Terra Therma on July 30th (well, it’s something different, for a week or so)
  • 3rd person enters public testing next week (ugh, this isn’t good info)
  • Tutorials in August (I appreciate this, in comparison, WoT took 2 years to get one)
  • new engine update in August (isn’t this the same thing as DX11?)
  • DX11 in August (see above)
  • Large energy weapons going through multiple testing iterations of multiple variables. (multiple iterations of multiple variables, shouldn’t they have been doing this from the beginning?)
  • Large and Medium Pulse lasers getting buffed (yay!)
  • PPC/ERPPC getting a 1 heat increase confirmed (yay!)
  • they are investigating restricting the number of heavies and assaults on the battlefield (somehow…soon©)
  • new quirk adjustments to emphasize lines between mech classes
    • Medium mechs to get a series of agility buffs (This won’t help at all, not when Gauss Rifles and PPC’s can easily shred the armor off of a ‘Mech moving 90 kp/h.)
  • new rewards for performing tasks ideal for lights and mediums
    • capturing can earn players more the more frequently they do it (so…punish people for not capping? I don’t know…well, at least it could help)

“Taking the time”? Come on, the man took 25 DAYS to get this out! And not only that, but based off the title of this thread, we won't get one next month either. Really? I think monthly releases are about as long as you can get before your beta testers (yes, we are beta testers still) just fall out of the loop. This line: "This and future CD updates will be moving to a slightly different format this month." is concerning, to say the least. This isn't the July CDU, this is the SUMMER CDU. Quarterly updates for your players? Cool, we get the same info over triple the time! Whose idea was this? Launch is in less then a month, and we don't have the first idea what it will be like, and our only summer update just told us: "We have 1 million registered. We're getting DX11 out. We're testing more stuff. CW is coming, eventually. We get a new map. We'll buff MPL and LPL, somehow. PPC's are getting nerfed." Nothing explicitly about launch there!
The playerbase has almost no clue what launch will be! Will we get CW? Not according to this: “Big features like 12 v 12, UI 2.0, 3PV, CW” We tested 12v12 on the 12th, and we’re still waiting! (Not that I’m complaining about that, I think it should be well tested). Going off of that, it takes, let’s just say, over 2 weeks from test server implementation to full implementation. We would have to get the test by August 3rd to meet launch! So we’ll “get” CW by launch, but we won’t have it on the real server. “But wait,” you say, “They could make the deadline!” Well, they ALSO said that they’ll test UI 2.0 in the same manner, and that CW CANNOT come without 2.0. So make that four weeks. We would have had to have had the 2.0 build 5 days ago! So now, this means that either they are taking a while with 12v12 (not a problem, I can wait), or that, if 12v12 is taking this long just to tweak, then we will be getting a rushed CW/2.0. Gee, can’t wait for that!
Everyone know that #savemwo thread? Made by the goons? There hasn’t been a single developer post in that thread! 22 pages of people discussing how to fix the game, and there hasn’t even been a developer/PGI staff member there! The game might not be doomed, but having no PGI staff try to defend their game? That thread has consistently been on the mwomercs.com home page, and no official attention. No, “Hey guys, we appreciate your concern, but we feel differently, because X”. Our community manager hasn’t said a word either. We go so long without getting new information, and when we do, it’s as if the dev’s try to speak as much as possible, while also saying very little.
TL:DR, PGI is once again being very secretive about progress.
/rant.
About the information now (My notes are bolded in the quote above). I am quite glad to see that most of these (excluding 3PV) changes are being put in, and overall, I’m quite satisfied with it. Good enough for launch? Eh…maybe, but they are steps in the right direction.

Edited by 101011, 25 July 2013 - 03:24 PM.

#100 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:23 PM

View PostBelorion, on 25 July 2013 - 03:24 PM, said:

The rage'ers can't even decide what it is they are complaining about. Is it heat, is it ppc's is it boating, is it high alphas, is it LRMs, is it streaks....?

It's everything because it's been over a year and they can't figure out how to tweak a database without creating a massively complicated system that cannot accomplish it's task. The heat system is a mile stone in flat out stupidity, and everyone that was involved in such an untested, poorly thought out system deserves to be unemployed.

Edited by Victor Morson, 25 July 2013 - 03:27 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users