#641 Sasha Volkova

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Gunjin
  • Gunjin
  • 449 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:31 AM

View PostNekki Basara, on 09 August 2013 - 06:46 AM, said:

Please provide input that isn't "this won't work". We're bored of you. Troll funny please.

Oh my, even vertebrates, from the class Aves, have feelings that can be hurt?

I am truly baffled.
I always thought your years on the interwebz had made you immune to such situations :b

Edited by 0okami, 09 August 2013 - 07:33 AM.

#642 Nekki Basara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • LocationDublin

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:34 AM

That's more like it! We need more Posted Image in MWO.

Yeah man, totally hurt feelings here. I like my trolling to be fresh, witty and original. What we're getting is just 4chan level "copypasta" stuff here. My epicurian troll senses are offended.

Edited by Nekki Basara, 09 August 2013 - 07:38 AM.

#643 fil5000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationInternet County, USA

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:13 AM

Can we end this derail please? Thanks.

#644 Nekki Basara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • LocationDublin

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:44 AM

No Fil, the derail must continue! And if ever it stops, we must start it again!

#645 Chavette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:00 AM

View PostMiekael, on 04 August 2013 - 11:11 PM, said:

I would have never guessed the 6 PPC stalker was so much of a threat. I always saw it as a one trick pony, the 4 PPC/PPC+Guass builds put far more fear into me because they could actually sustain a reasonable DPS and Pinpoint. Those 6 PPC stalkers just seemed like a joke, but I guess I was wrong.

You know there's a completely different game inside this game. I never see a single troll on my level(or atleast he's quiet) but there are games where people actively **** talk on others builds, equipment, play, all that. And by that I don't mean "we got 4 bjs on our team its 4v8" but proper name calling like 13yr olds.

So while we couldn't see them 6ppc demolishers very often, its hard to tell what went on at starter elo.

And about the 3rd person, they will probably put it in the same que, don't even think they won't.

But by having no minimap I'd say its a reasonable trade off and only thing they have to do to prevent people switching between the two for best-of-both-worlds is making it locked in after match launch, or to having the switch take place with a ~20s delay with a animation of the drone popping up and flying around, whatever.
Make it not worth, or not possible switching/exploiting, and we cool on my part.

Edited by Chavette, 09 August 2013 - 09:13 AM.

#646 Deathz Jester

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,107 posts
  • LocationOH, USA

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:22 AM

View PostKingCobra, on 09 August 2013 - 07:27 AM, said:

You sounded lonely for a reply so I will provide one for you. No player in this game wants a group with singular agendas to rule there fun. Your group is hell bent on projecting your own ideas on PGI and even telling players to ask for refunds just to get your way. Is this not extortion of PGI/IGP and there right to produce a game that is fun profitable and supports the team that is working on said game=MWO? Your initial ideas were good but it soon became apparent to me this group just wants to control what PGI/IGP puts into the game based on your own and your little groups opinions. That leaves out 95% of the opinions of other players in this game. It is all right if you individually ask or post topics and post about your opinions PGI/IGP is pretty lenient about this just look at all my topics and posts against some of there decisions but in no way have I ever wanted to harm PGI/IGP based on there core game design only to help them understand what I feel a true MechWarrior game was and what MWO could be like based on them.

While I fully support PGI/IGP's right to produce MWO, since no one else is doing a mechwarrior game at this very moment, and while your remark about the group being "hellbent" on projecting their own ideas & views is correct. I would point out that it takes some serious devotion to get PGI to even glance at your idea/feedback, so yes while it may be extreme to say "lets all get refunds unless they listen to us", its pretty extreme to completely overlook the simplest things to fix your game and actually listen to your consumer base. I would also point out that PGI seems "hellbent" on creating the game they want, and have little to no intention of making the game we want to play. I play this game because I love battletech, and its a modern title for battletech, but I dont feel like its going the right direction. I feel like its quickly becoming another Duke Nukem Forever (PGI did work on that flop). Well I suppose you could call it Mech Assault Online, cause we're part way there already.

#647 Anders

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 612 posts
  • LocationKaetetôã

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:08 PM

Gentlemen:

Focus Please.

Robotically Yours,
Anders

#648 Helmer

• Stone Cold
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ga

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:36 PM

View PostStalkerr, on 09 August 2013 - 05:18 AM, said:

• Townhall #2 has not occurred yet. Due to my moving/being sick/work, I wasn't able to coordinate it for Tuesday as much as I would have liked. Townhall #2 is occurring on Tuesday, August 13th, and will be moderated by Anders. I may be there? It depends on my sanity level at the time.
If you have any burning questions about #saveMWO that this does not answer, let me know.

Hey Stalkerr,

My apologies if I am using the incorrect name. I was referring to the invite only conference that happened after Townhall 1, that I have been incorrectly referring to as Townhall #2.
Sorry for the confusion.

Cheers.

#649 Sasha Volkova

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Gunjin
  • Gunjin
  • 449 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 09 August 2013 - 03:22 PM

View PostNekki Basara, on 09 August 2013 - 07:34 AM, said:

That's more like it! We need more Posted Image in MWO.

Yeah man, totally hurt feelings here. I like my trolling to be fresh, witty and original. What we're getting is just 4chan level "copypasta" stuff here. My epicurian troll senses are offended.

Oh I love how you tried to ¨sneak¨ in a comment by not directly quoting me but still referring to my post in yours xD
Shower me with your precious hindquater hurt feelings xD

Edited by 0okami, 09 August 2013 - 03:25 PM.

#650 GaussDragon

• 2,183 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 09 August 2013 - 04:19 PM

So it looks as if the latest ATD has been delayed. Perhaps those #saveMWO questions are causing some consternation over at HQ (or not).

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__2641890

#651 Stalkerr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 404 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:27 PM

View PostHelmer, on 09 August 2013 - 02:36 PM, said:

Hey Stalkerr,

My apologies if I am using the incorrect name. I was referring to the invite only conference that happened after Townhall 1, that I have been incorrectly referring to as Townhall #2.
Sorry for the confusion.

Ah, I don't think that was a thing. Certainly people have been text chatting non-stop in Mecha Lingua, but there hasn't been an organized voice chat after the Town Hall, to my knowledge (and certainly not one that was invite-only).

#652 Anders

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 612 posts
  • LocationKaetetôã

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:02 PM

View PostGaussDragon, on 09 August 2013 - 04:19 PM, said:

So it looks as if the latest ATD has been delayed. Perhaps those #saveMWO questions are causing some consternation over at HQ (or not).

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__2641890

Big G, Big D:

Nah, it's more of a situation where they only have so many hours in the day to write words about the game (as they are busy coding, don't you know), and Russ's Dissertation on 3rd Person View ate up all the Words Writing Time in the week.

I hope you understand that they are a small company with limited word electrons (and let me tell you, I know something about electrons). They will get a refill of word electrons on Monday (a little robo-bird told me this).

We here at The Word of Lowtax thank you for your post. We here at the Word of Lowtax realize that you have limited entertainment destinations and appreciate that you're spending your entertainment electrons on us. Please continue to choose the Word of Lowtax in your future holiday destination spending! We are grateful for your out of the box, blue-sky thinking, and appreciate you touching base with us here at the Word of Lowtax. We hope to synergize our efforts to achieve quantifiable paradigm redefinitions in a future collaboration soon.

Robotically Yours,
Anders

Public Relations Officer
Director of Man/Bird Relations
Loremaster of Word of Lowtax
Veteran of the First Round of the Run Hot or Die Funzies Tournament
A Draaaaaaagun Slayer, Victor over the "4 time crowned Champion from the day."
OpFor Veteran of Second Round of the Run Hot or Die Funzies Tournament
Survivor of the Great Market Collapse of September 18, 3049
Bro-Bots with Mech Romney, Member of the 53%
Commissioner of Entertainment Electrons
A [REDACTED] Asset
Oft Imitated, Never Duplicated
Crackin' Turtles since 3049
Master of the Trial of Walter
Marik Militia Masher
'Mechstradamus
Campaigning in the Inner Sphere for a better Capella
Survivor of the Festival of Artemis
Survivor of the Festival of Artemis 2: Electric Boogaloo
Survivor of the Festival of Artemis The Third: Lurmpocalypse Now
Survivor of the Festival of Artemis IV: Making a Bigger Problem to Fix Another
Podcasting Propaganda Information directly to your Neurohelmet 24/7/365
ilKhan of Clan Moderator-in-Exile
"The Goonders"
Recipient of the First ever "Community Contributor Award" - "The December Star of 3049"
Brought Order to Chaos
Anders Actual. Copy.
Schedulepower > Firepower
The Morning Sun, Vanquisher of the Horrible Midnight!
Krazy for Kaetetôã
Solaris Ranger Danger Wrecker
Rocked the Scorpions like a Hurricane
The Word of Lowtax: Pay to Win since 3049
Survivor of Excess Radiation
Communicating with Keys (my keyboard to be precise)
Hellish Hound Hacker
Never forget: 03/15/3050
Squawking is not a Crime
Poptarts are a Sometimes Food
Currently in the Beta Test of the A.P.E.S. (Anders Post Evaluation System)
A Legendary Overlord Founder
Commander of Tactical Politeness
Secret Squirrels are to blame for why this game is bad.
Part of the Poptartageddon Deux: Heat Scalepocalypse Problem
First Citizen
Bropocalypse Now Battalion - "The Fist of Lowtax"

#653 fil5000

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 05:50 AM

View PostThunderklaws, on 09 August 2013 - 10:27 PM, said:

Is it funny that the biggest group signed onto this are WoL?
IE those Goons that ppl are saying theyre the reason they dont want to sign on?

...is there any other group thats bigger than 1500 ppl on this game?

I dunno that it's funny or odd especially. I mean, it was a goon that kicked this all off, it's not that surprising that we're in agreement on this.

In terms of bigger groups - no idea. I wouldn't be surprised if there were bigger groups than us. After all, we have a limited pool of people to draw from. Other groups don't have that same limitation.

#654 Team Leader

• 3,222 posts
  • LocationUrbanmech and Machine Gun Advocate

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:54 AM

http://hmbrigade.enjin.com/members
About 80 registered members, who knows how many actually bother playing anymore. Ill be here to represent. Probably 20 left, but I think its fine if we speak for the people who quit because of the games direction, maybe theyll be coming back with the community effort? Im looking for the emails now through all these pages.. anyone got a link where to sign us all up?

View PostGwaihir, on 08 August 2013 - 12:36 PM, said:

I'd wager most people are waiting for them to answer dodge the questions put up in the next Ask the Devs.

"whoops looks like we have to wait until monday"
you should be a fortune teller

#655 TOGSolid

• 1,212 posts
  • LocationJuneau, Alaska

Posted 10 August 2013 - 04:01 PM

objective game feedback

Posted Image

Edited by TOGSolid, 10 August 2013 - 04:02 PM.

#656 fil5000

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 11:54 AM

Where did you get those quotes from, Thunderklaws? They seem absent from the MWO facebook page, so I assume if they were there they've been deleted.

#657 DeathofSelf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 655 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 11 August 2013 - 12:32 PM

View Postfil5000, on 11 August 2013 - 11:54 AM, said:

Where did you get those quotes from, Thunderklaws? They seem absent from the MWO facebook page, so I assume if they were there they've been deleted.

They are replies to some of the comments in the "recent posts by others"section

#658 Nekki Basara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • LocationDublin

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:32 PM

View Post0okami, on 09 August 2013 - 03:22 PM, said:

Oh I love how you tried to ¨sneak¨ in a comment by not directly quoting me but still referring to my post in yours xD
Shower me with your precious hindquater hurt feelings xD
You're lucky I even bothered man, the editor tends to eat things if you edit your post. Took me three tries to get the damn smiley to come back ;)

#659 Sasha Volkova

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Gunjin
  • Gunjin
  • 449 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:46 PM

View PostNekki Basara, on 11 August 2013 - 02:32 PM, said:

You're lucky I even bothered man, the editor tends to eat things if you edit your post. Took me three tries to get the damn smiley to come back ;)

Aww you are making me blush now :3 by making me feel all special and such...
I am a brony tbh, guess you being a bird and me a horse, maybe we can be fwiends nao? :3

Edit: I made a declaration of love to you darling :3 http://mwomercs.com/...86#entry2647386
I thought I would pull my derailing into an old thread instead of derailing this delightful thread any further :b

Edited by 0okami, 11 August 2013 - 09:50 PM.

#660 fil5000

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:27 PM

View PostThunderklaws, on 11 August 2013 - 02:14 PM, said:

Got em from the MWO Facebook page lol Guess I should have screenshotted it -.-

The last quote in particular is interesting. Because we sent them a list, like three weeks ago.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users