Mechwarrior Movie or Series?

62 replies to this topic

Poll: Movie,Tv Series,Cartoon (204 member(s) have cast votes)

Yes i would like to see PGI do a Mechwarrior movie or Tv Series

1. Yes? (176 votes [85.85%])

Percentage of vote: 85.85%

2. No? (29 votes [14.15%])

Percentage of vote: 14.15%

Yes i would like to see PGI do a Mechwarrior Cartoon Series?

1. Yes? (114 votes [55.61%])

Percentage of vote: 55.61%

2. No? (91 votes [44.39%])

Percentage of vote: 44.39%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 SquareSphere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationIn your clouds, stealing your thunder

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:33 AM

I voted NO to both. PGI is in the business of making video games, not cartoons or videos.

#22 Orzorn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,327 posts
  • LocationComanche, Texas

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:35 AM

I think it would be best done as something like an HBO miniseries. That way it wouldn't need to find ways to last a long time nor would it have to appeal to a huge audience.

#23 SoundTech

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:38 AM

As long as it is not live action, unless it has a huge budget. It would'nt do MW justice, its simply too epic lol

#24 Gnatter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 140 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:42 AM

A thought occured to me while reading this thread. One way to get a glimps at all the Successor States would be to follow the Wolfs Dragoons from the time they return to the Inner Sphere moving forward.

#25 Weatherman

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 87 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:43 AM

You know, if someone could get Joss Wheedon interested in making a Mechwarrior movie or TV series...

#26 Ashla Mason

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:46 AM

If this was going to happen, It would probably have to be HBO that did it. They've shown themselves to be both willing to work with unusual subject matter (Spawn the animated series and a game of thrones come to mind) and bring the money that would be needed.

I could see the writers focusing on the major arcs for the various seasons (The warrior trilogy, the events surrounding the ronin wars, The clan invasion, the Antics of the various merc companies, ect.). Most likely, the series would be either animated or alternateley CGI environments with real actors.

#27 Adrienne Vorton

• 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:48 AM

i got a neat idea: let microsoft games make a series like the videos from MC2/ MW4 a.s.o.... but under STRICTLY driection and permission of PGI..would be enough for me, though a series is BSG quality would be also nice :(

Edited by Adrienne Vorton, 12 June 2012 - 11:48 AM.

#28 Major Tom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationIncomming!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:49 AM

View PostWeatherman, on 12 June 2012 - 11:43 AM, said:

You know, if someone could get Joss Wheedon interested in making a Mechwarrior movie or TV series...

As much as I like Joss, I would want less talk and more robot in a mechwarrior movie.

#29 Forscythe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:51 AM

Heres an oldie but a goodie. It came out I think just before the beta of MPBT. It shows a fairly incompetant clan pilot getting his butt kicked on solaris I believe. Still a good production.

#30 BduSlammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • Locationatlanta

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:54 AM

The girl in the first pic should play Natasha

#31 Arcqueid

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:56 AM

I think that would be awesome. I would wait to see how game sales go first thou.

#32 Catrim

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:02 PM

http://www.amazon.co...39531290&sr=8-1

#33 Adrienne Vorton

• 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:10 PM

robotjox omg...no plsplspls nooooooooooooooooooo :(

#34 Noahbash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 128 posts
  • LocationYork, PA

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:19 PM

My idea for a MechWarrior film:
(This is not as much for for MechWarrior fans, but for anyone who likes giant mechs, and does not follow any MechWarrior lore.)

An ex-military engineer leaves the military on moral objections (corrupt future government), goes to work for his step-father at the family foundry.

Plans to fight corrupt government by designing and building a mech-suit. He creates the first chassis, then mass produces it in pieces.
Ships it to various friends who are avid MechWarrior buddies. They assemble the mechs and customize to their own liking. (using modern day weapons such as machine guns, flame-throwers, RPGs, stinger missiles.)

They go to war in customized mechs they assembled themselves, leading to brand new, never-before-seen variants.

They fight against modern tanks, choppers, etc.

I run a real foundry, and if anyone wants to shoot part of a movie here, get in touch.

#35 Catrim

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:37 PM

View PostAdrienne Vorton, on 12 June 2012 - 12:10 PM, said:

robotjox omg...no plsplspls nooooooooooooooooooo :(

Oyes... the fine example of how an idea can be watered down into pure crap. Be careful what you wish for... Hollywood will crank out the cheapest product that requires the least possible amount of effort to gain the most possible profit.

What you want is a product that is intriguing, interesting, artful, captures the imagination... somethng that makes you think. A movie or series that embodies the struggle of interhouse/clan warfare and the political choices that must be made... what choices need to be made to keep a specific faction going... and headshots. Lots of headshots.

You'll end up with broken canon, a rushed romantic plot forced into the script for some reason, characters with no dimension, flat dialogue, CGI where they shake the camera a lot to make you think something exciting is happening. Basically the Star Wars prequels in Mechs, only worse cause it won't make a billion dollars in profit.

Ideally, I'm with you guys... in reality, there's probably already 3 production companies having meetings on the best way to exploit this IP so someone's relatives can have a job and stop borrowing money from the family.

Edited by Catrim, 12 June 2012 - 12:42 PM.

#36 Cerlin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 922 posts
  • LocationCalifornia or Japan

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:46 PM

Why would anyone want to see PGI do a series? They are a GAME development studio, not a film/tv studio. From someone who has worked in a film studio there not very much overlap. I would hope that they could get professionals to do it, but that will heavily depend on the success of the game methinks.

No offense to PGI, I just think people should stick with what they do primarily. Y'all are busy making great games, and considering this is f2p, developing content.

#37 JP Josh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 845 posts
  • Locationsteam- jp josh

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:55 PM

:j if we can get a show i would like the dude that did cowboy bebop, and trie gun to handel our mech show. if its a cartoon that is. sorry but mostly drunk here. i also think he had a hand in gohst shell series. dunno night got date with toilet soon.

#38 Lt muffins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 378 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:07 PM

They don't have to do a Movie or TV series.

all I want is some CGI mech battles

(the trailer proves they got a guy that knows what he is doing)

Edited by Lt muffins, 12 June 2012 - 01:08 PM.

#39 lolshevik

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5 posts
  • LocationChicago, Illinois

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:08 PM

Not a Game of Thrones fan, but I've always felt since sampling the show that for a theoretical Mechwarrior/Battletech TV series it would be a great plot/storytelling rubric to follow in style. Imagine a high production BT TV series unfolding in a similar fashion, with episodes switching back and forth between the characters and intrigue of the principle figures of each of the main houses, and ultimately the clans, with two or three epic historical battles interspersed throughout the series. In that fashion I feel that it would really add to character development, screenplay writing, and the unfolding of the greater arch of the BT timeline, while also avoiding the trap of a Michael Bay-esque paradigm of big, loud, shallow, and stupid (something which unfortunately would be the direction any movie rendition would likely go). And not to intentionally pander to/ripoff GoT, but I think this model would really add to also bringing out the feudal stylings of the BT geopolitical landscape and its contrast with futuristic technologies and aesthetics. I'd love to hear other people's thoughts on this.

Edited by lolshevik, 12 June 2012 - 01:10 PM.

#40 Talon Thorn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:09 PM

What does a creepy tranny with a sword have to do with Mechwarrior exactly?

Edited by Talon Thorn, 12 June 2012 - 01:10 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users