Mechwarrior Movie or Series?

62 replies to this topic

Poll: Movie,Tv Series,Cartoon (204 member(s) have cast votes)

Yes i would like to see PGI do a Mechwarrior movie or Tv Series

1. Yes? (176 votes [85.85%])

Percentage of vote: 85.85%

2. No? (29 votes [14.15%])

Percentage of vote: 14.15%

Yes i would like to see PGI do a Mechwarrior Cartoon Series?

1. Yes? (114 votes [55.61%])

Percentage of vote: 55.61%

2. No? (91 votes [44.39%])

Percentage of vote: 44.39%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 lorenthal

Rookie

• The Roughneck
  • The Roughneck
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:47 PM

sorry to say. but i believe they would not be able to make a animated series based on mechwarrior due to the fact there already has been a series based on it.. the original series was called battletech and it was based on mechwarrior and battletech table-top versions.. this was done way back in 1994 made by saban entertainement. it ran sadly for only 13 episodes but it was state of the art at the time. saban entertainment is now owned by fox and i can't see them giving anyone the rights to make a series again.. i wish they would.

#62 Alois Hammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts
  • LocationHooterville

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:00 AM

View PostStimbles, on 12 June 2012 - 10:59 AM, said:

Bingo. Unless it's better than this by leaps and bounds (and similarly better than any Michael Bay explosion-gasm) the answer is "No, I don't want to see yet another cheesy POS with 'Mechwarrior' slapped on it for someone to cash in on and make a quick buck."

And no matter what, I don't want PGI involved with it- just imagine, Hero Mechs all over the place and anything without a Hero Mech paint job is what would, in another series, be called a "redshirt."

View PostJazeera, on 14 June 2012 - 02:32 PM, said:

I guess you could go the Battleship route, where the movie is very loosely based on the BattleTech/MechWarrior IP.

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

#63 Sayyid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:09 AM

View PostLonner, on 12 June 2012 - 11:30 AM, said:

If the MechWarrior Cartoon Series had the same action and thrill that EXO-SQUAD had, it would be awesome.

Exosquad was awesome, characters died, there were adult themes (PTSD, torture, etc).

As for PGI making a movie or cartoon.

No, no, hell no!

Every cartoon that has come out, has been trash. The film shorts by Davis School was ok, but the mechs were garbage. There wont be a decent movie on it as long as some major motion picture company sits on the rights.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users