...::| Best MechWarrior Game |::..

66 replies to this topic

Poll: ...::| Best MechWarrior Game |::.. (133 member(s) have cast votes)

Best MechWarrior Of The Series ?

1. MechWarrior (6 votes [4.51%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.51%

2. MechWarrior 2 (63 votes [47.37%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 47.37%

3. Voted MechWarrior 3 (38 votes [28.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

4. MechWarrior 4 (26 votes [19.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.55%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Calico Red MacNaughton

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:13 AM

Wait ... is a vote for MW2 a vote for MW2: Mercenaries? I lived in that game as a youngin'.

Fond memories of MW3 as well. Guess I'll drop my vote in there for now.

#42 Nakir

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • LocationItaly (Sicily)

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:47 AM

mechwarrior 4!!!!

Edited by Nakir, 10 November 2011 - 11:48 AM.

#43 Vincent Vascaul

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • LocationEverett, Wa

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:55 AM

The Mechcommander series def. deserves a nod, I loved the gameplay in 1 but the graphics in 2 were just awesome for me I just loved it.

#44 Owl Cutter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:59 AM

This is definitely MW2: Mercs. That and MW2 did the best job so far of immersing the player in the BT world.
Yes, Feor, let us hope that changes in 2012.

View PostGhost, on 10 November 2011 - 07:51 AM, said:

[huge image omitted]
I love the guy at the bottom of that image.
Make love, not war! ...until some one else makes war, then you have no choice.

#45 Karn Bloodstar

• PipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 35 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:13 PM

For me It has to be Mechwarrior 2 Mercs because you got to Fight for money in the story and had more options in the Story Line.
Mercs for life!!!

#46 Phelan Kell2

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:18 PM

Ok, this is ridiculous. MW2:Merc I agree is the probably the best game but the MW2 series is flawed. PPCs are glowing ***** that I can run faster in my dasher. MW4 is realistic in that weapons can only fit in certain places. In MW2, I can put lasers in my feet.

Fine I can't say 8@!!$. Orbs then.

Edited by Phelan-Kell, 10 November 2011 - 12:19 PM.

#47 wpmaura

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:20 PM

I preferred the original far more then the others, yes the graphics were great(at the time when I was 8) but I liked the innespsher map and being able to act like a real mercenary taking all types of missions., had the battlemaster and the shadow hawk, and was completly open ended.

recently started playing the free MW4 Mercenaries having fun in that buts so limited. All though the # of mechs mech tech has added is insane.

#48 Omega59er

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 394 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:21 PM

I believe I have never played Mechwarrior2, although I have MW2Mercs sitting right next to me. So for me this vote is a hard tear between Mechwarrior 3 and 4. But I voted Mechwarrior 4 because my love for Mechwarrior and all of Battletech really started with Mechwarrior 4 fighting for the freedom of Kentares. (And then Black Knight killing the guy you played as in Vengeance. >.>) My first game I ever played was Mechwarrior 3, so it has a place in my heart but I was only 5 when playing it and things definitely don't play the same when you're that young.

Edited by omega5-9er, 10 November 2011 - 12:22 PM.

#49 Worstcat MK-II

• Pip
  • Mercenary
  • 15 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:24 PM

MechWarrior 3 + Pirate's moon hands down. It didn't have as many of the mechs that MW2:Mercs had, but with the ones it did use, it used them well. The Mechlab was also a great feature that was transferred over from 2. The graphics were great for its time, and the multiplayer aspect was a blast. You could see a range of mechs being used, not all just 100 ton's doing slugfests all day long like in 4.

#50 bert bargo

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:29 PM

4 was good, 2 had character but 3... had gameplay, graphics and story. 3 hands down.

#51 phelanjkell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:31 PM

Mechwarrior 2 trilogy, hands down.

#52 terminator

• PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationSan Diego California

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:31 PM

This thread ends at Mechwarrior 2 and Mercs.

#53 Gunslinger2

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationFt Worth TX

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:34 PM

Id go with MW2 Mercs as thats the game that got me hooked. Having already read the novels it was awesome playing them out on the screen, the music was top notch and i loved the idea of salvaging mechs.
For all its glitches it will still be my favorite game in the series.
Next in line would be MW4 and all its varients, fan support and hard work by the folks at Mektek have kept this game alive alot longer than anyone would have expected, and the available mechs you can pilot is amazing.

#54 Rogal Dorn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationTennessee USA

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:43 PM

Dadgummit now I gotta find a copy of MW2:Mercs. Will I need an emulator to run it on XP?

#55 GreenHell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • LocationGrandmas House

View PostFlystreesVagann, on 10 November 2011 - 07:35 AM, said:

So in your opinion,what would be the best MechWarrior game.

Vote people,voteeeee :)

Posted Image

I know the caption for that image!

"And not a single fu.ck was given."

#56 Stormwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

The entire MW2 series was always pure badass.

Gotta love the Clan names in the original mechlab, I didn't even find out the IS names of the mechs till I got a look at a couple of gamebooks.

And to give my favorite moments:

1. The Clan Wolf warrior who announces himself during the Clan invasion in MW2: Mercs is voiced by the same guy as the instructor in MW2. I took great pleasure to take out one star of Clan mechs before the mission ended.
2. The "blow up the terraformer" mission is one of the most memorable missions in the entire franchise.
3. I always go through the underwater mission in GBL while playing Blitzkrieg by Metallica.
4. Everybody enjoyed gunning down the instructor from MW2 (even if it failed the training mission). Admit it, you all did it atleast once.
5. MW2 is the closest game to canon, even if a lot faction mechs end up in Clans where they shouldn't belong (Linebackers in the GB touman).
6. The trial of position in MW4 is nothing compared to the final ones in MW, there's nothing like taking on multiple mechs at the same time to show how badass you are.
7. The "steal the Kodiak" mission is freaking awesome, back then you could only get a Clan mech by salvaging it. Repairs were a big problem since the Clans weren't handing out any spare parts.
8. The final missions of GBL are easily among the hardest in the history of Mechwarrior. Kudos to whoever unlocked the special missions in GBL.
9. You had to fight Clans in MW2: Mercs with IS tech, nobody whined about game balance.
10. MW2 had a archive with information directly lifted from various sourcebooks, no other game has ever done that. It's the main reason I got interested in the lore and sought out BT sourcebooks.
11. The iceship fight is one of the most unique missions I've ever played. The defend the dropship mission in GBL comes as a close second.

Edited by Stormwolf, 10 November 2011 - 12:45 PM.

#57 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:50 PM

What's so bad about MW 3, that makes it worse than the MW 2?

#58 Rogal Dorn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationTennessee USA

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:50 PM

Ghost Bear is a good second behind MW2 Mercs

#59 Stormwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:55 PM

View PostAdridos, on 10 November 2011 - 12:50 PM, said:

What's so bad about MW 3, that makes it worse than the MW 2?

I love MW3, it's right behind MW2 for me.

#60 Chard

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 03:12 PM

View PostKalunta, on 10 November 2011 - 08:36 AM, said:

Someone really needs to get their hands on the MW2 code and make it easy to install and play on modern hardware. MW3 too. In fact, I'd like to see all the legacy games fixed to run on today's hardware. That would be a great project. I'd even buy it again.

I just found out this existed the other day and have been totally jazzed: http://www.mech2.org...wforum.php?f=17
Basically there's a launcher/installer, and if you have a copy of the game you should be set. If that doesn't work there's a bunch of other ways that the games can be loaded. I've got a copy of the titanium set so that's what I used and it worked great. So glad to be playing MW2 again.

View PostGreenHell, on 10 November 2011 - 12:43 PM, said:

I know the caption for that image!

"And not a single fu.ck was given."

Here you go!

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users