3Rd Person View Feedback

2021 replies to this topic

#1141 Team Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts
  • LocationUrbanmech and Machine Gun Advocate

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:06 AM

Wow. Just wow. Is it really too late to get a refund? Not to be that guy who demands his money back... but seriously. This dev team has sent a promising product down the tubes and I want no part of it. If its gonna crash and burn I dont want to lose ALL the money I put into it..

#1142 Mista Whizzard

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 196 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:08 AM

4th.Bat.DHB did some testing this evening - no-one was impressed. There are streams of the "event" that will be available at a later date. I had one guy rage so hard i had to ask him to leave. Communication between the oceanic units indicates many players thinking about tossing the game in completely. The screenshot below is a 3 monitor shot - a setup that many of my guys use. I feel sick. This is worse than the ending of mass effect 3.

Posted Image

Edited by Mista Whizzard, 21 August 2013 - 04:23 AM.

#1143 FlipOver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,135 posts
  • LocationIsland Continent of Galicia, Poznan

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:10 AM

View Postrepete, on 21 August 2013 - 02:52 AM, said:

They can't see their legs in "the solution presented". The Asian market (Potentially the largest/most lucrative) prefers 3PV. Apply Occam's Razor.

Not seeing the legs is something PGI can fix with some ease. The solution presented was considering the 3PV would be correctly done, but if it makes that much of a difference, I can add this part to it.

#1144 pantherzero

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:12 AM

think that raises all the points

#1145 Ensaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 831 posts
  • LocationOn a frozen rock .....

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:13 AM

Hey Paul: Ray Trace this ......

1PV
Posted Image

3PV
Posted Image

Nuff said.

#1146 Reaganomicon

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:14 AM

View PostBloody Moon, on 21 August 2013 - 03:46 AM, said:

They can't do much about it, no matter how much they change the game, some "vets" will remain and recount their past mistakes to the new guys who in turn will tell their friends and so on. This badge of shame cannot be washed away, just like Sony couldn't do anything about the people who remember SWG.

A lot of vets were optimistic until #saveMWO. Right now, not so much, but PGI isn't permanently tainted yet. Their window of opportunity is shrinking with every tweet, though.

#1147 MercilessTRADER

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 90 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:18 AM

Disappointed in 3pv to say the least. The way it was implemented, the way its currently used in game, so many other new things coulda been added before this, the floating droid that cant be shot down.... It should be a floating droid the mech operator controls, which maybe he can even shoot down LRMS with... make it like beagle, a hard point add on... I hope this changes... Cause its all pretty Cheeeessseee

#1148 Jakob Knight

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:20 AM

View PostRaistlic, on 21 August 2013 - 03:25 AM, said:

NOTICE-NOTICE-NOTICE

Could you guys please stop complaining about everything PGI does (often just for the sake of it, as it seems). I dont like 3pv myself but its not THAT gamebreaking as we thought although you can view over and around certain obstacles.

And about broken promises. In case you haven't noticed:

THE SEPERATE QUEUES FOR 3PV AND 1PV ARE READY TO KICK IN.

You can already see them in the gamemode selection although not selectable. But that is understandable. Why should they split the playerbase during a testing period.

So up to now, my major concerns about the 3pv are settled.

Keep up the work, PGI (but don't forget the features the fanbase has valid concerns about)

Perhaps you should read before you speak.

The word from the Devs is that the promised seperate queues are not going to happen, that they rethought the idea and are attempting to find something else to do. In other words, the queues that were insisted by the Devs would be an integral part of the 3PV inclusion in the game are now not going to happen because the Dev team didn't see anything wrong with 3PV and so didn't see any reason to give players the option to choose not to be in matches with it.

At this point, the entire balance issue of 3PV is really a minor concern. What is of paramount importance is that the Devs themselves promised a compromise system and then betrayed the trust of the players by going back on that system in favor of forcing what they said they would never force upon players. By this act of blatent disrespect and contempt towards their playerbase, they have effectively proved that any and all posts and statements by the company are to be considered untrue until proven true, rather than the reverse (which would be the case in any respectable company).

If you are tired of the discontent, please remember this is entirely the Dev's doing, and I suggest you take it up with them. To my knowledge, the playerbase isn't the party that isn't being honest here.

#1149 Venares

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:23 AM

View PostMista Whizzard, on 21 August 2013 - 04:08 AM, said:

Yeh, sure looks like a bug to me PGI.
NOT...

And no, that is NOT another f'ing bug.
Because if it is then there are about 10,000 of the damn things.

Edited by Venares, 21 August 2013 - 04:23 AM.

#1150 DeaconW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 976 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:27 AM

View PostNinetyProof, on 20 August 2013 - 06:24 PM, said:

3PV was a non-issue in Test ... it's a non-issue in Live ...

Haters got their panties in a twist over nothing ... they made such a fuss about 3PV killing the game .. and now what? they have to put up or shut up ... frankly, the community is better off with out that knee jerk hater crowd ....

Translation:

NinetyProof has no problem being lied to and enjoys longer wait times for matches.

#1151 Jakob Knight

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:29 AM

View PostReaganomicon, on 21 August 2013 - 04:14 AM, said:

A lot of vets were optimistic until #saveMWO. Right now, not so much, but PGI isn't permanently tainted yet. Their window of opportunity is shrinking with every tweet, though.

I don't know what a company can do when they have proven that they feel there is no compulsion for any statements they make to be truthful or have any weight to induce them to actually keep any promises they might make. The #saveMWO issue is really unimportant in this matter, as it is entirely the actions of the Devs that have caused this and which are indisputable.

#1152 HarlekinEO

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 267 posts
  • Location36th Dieron Regulars

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:30 AM

I dont know, if some1 will like 3rd person. Its leisurely (in sence of moving slowly) camera movement. I used F4 in no second.

I dislike, that this is no feature and automatically choosen (same goes for Movement change / when you were made to hit "w" for ever to move, instead the scaling). Why dont you install the correct layout in the first hand and for every1 who cant handle it can take it as option...

#1153 Reaganomicon

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:32 AM

View PostJakob Knight, on 21 August 2013 - 04:29 AM, said:

I don't know what a company can do when they have proven that they feel there is no compulsion for any statements they make to be truthful or have any weight to induce them to actually keep any promises they might make. The #saveMWO issue is really unimportant in this matter, as it is entirely the actions of the Devs that have caused this and which are indisputable.

No, I mean the vets were the ones running #saveMWO. When it got brushed off in such a classing Paulite manner, that's when people started getting bitter and jaded. Even after that, they still did another round of #saveMWO, so all is not lost, but PGI hates success I guess??

#1154 Raistlic

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:36 AM

Yeah ok, thats maybe a valid point. But it raised my hopes...

#1155 Xenois Shalashaska

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 343 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:38 AM

This is a very sad day for all of us. The older mature/ hardcore players just shat there pants and said what has happened to the immersion that was once MechWarrior. I cant bring myself to load up a game. whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy PGI. You sold our souls for better marketing visuals. We paid for a voice, that's what "founders and Phoenix project" was all about. I will say I paid 400 bucks to help sponsor this game into the light so to help the revival of MechWarrior video game. Its just another MechAssault !!

#1156 Reaganomicon

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:40 AM

View PostXenois Shalashaska, on 21 August 2013 - 04:38 AM, said:

This is a very sad day for all of us. The older mature/ hardcore players just shat there pants and said what has happened to the immersion that was once MechWarrior. I cant bring myself to load up a game. whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy PGI. You sold our souls for better marketing visuals. We paid for a voice, that's what "founders and Phoenix project" was all about. I will say I paid 400 bucks to help sponsor this game into the light so to help the revival of MechWarrior video game. Its just another MechAssault !!

Good time as any to get a refund.

#1157 Priest4357

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 130 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:40 AM

Have you even read the EULA? I'm guessing you haven't. Little phrases get put in there, that let them state that things may change. Quit whinning like a little girl, and suck it up princess.

View PostDCM Zeus, on 20 August 2013 - 05:40 PM, said:

This is now what? The 5th official lie that has come out of your mouth PGI?

I don't know about the laws in Canada when you promote a product and then sell something else, I think they still call that false advertising.

Pulled from Wiki. :D

#1158 SixstringSamurai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 930 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYou Guys Are So Bad I'm Moving To The Moon

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:41 AM

All I have to say is:
Posted Image

#1159 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:43 AM

I just read that a lance of 1st person players were indirectly targeted with LRMs because a fifth person was there in 3rd person exposing their positions with their little red-light 'we're over here' indicator floating around with him.

A also know a great veteran jump-sniper; someone who is adamantly against 3rd person because he KNOWS how easily it has been exploited in the past. He jumped on yesterday and was giggling maniacally as he stood behind a hill and took out a couple of Atlases and he read me the rage/hate reactions of the targets. He was laughing at how easy the game was in 3rd person. The laughter was bitter laughter though. He, like me, is an officer in a team (you know, the kind of people PGI hates) and he knows he HAS to keep playing for the morale and out of loyalty to his unit, even though he hates what PGI has been, and is continuing to do with our game.

PGI, please stop pi$$ing on your most loyal players, you know, the TEAM based community. Pugs are transients that either find a unit, or disappear after a month. It's the comradery of players and groups of friends playing together on a team that make up the most loyal, dedicated players and supporters of a game. And yes, we are vocal because we care. Most of my teammates don't post on forums - the avoid them, and it leaves it to us, your so-called vocal minority, to advocate for all of them.

Feeling betrayed and pi$$ed upon, and the buckets of dung are really getting overwhelmingly offensive.

#1160 Reaganomicon

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:43 AM

View PostDarkwind, on 21 August 2013 - 04:40 AM, said:

Have you even read the EULA?

Why would anyone care about the EULA? It's the most toothless thing in this entire debate.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users