2021 replies to this topic

#1181 Thoummim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 273 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:14 AM

View Postippodoc, on 21 August 2013 - 05:08 AM, said:

I have started playing this game for 3 weeks now in 1VP and had no problem with that, and I would like to say that I have no problem with 3VP either. In fact in all MechWarrior series there was a 3VP and was almost the same to play, Complete with map and radar. In this game it isn’t. The problem can fix it self with the introduction of the “Radar”, that does not exist in this game. Don’t forget the game supposedly is in a time frame of 3000+ AC. In all mechwarrior games it didn’t mater if you ware in 3VP or in 1VP because if an enemy was in your radar range, frond or behind you, you could lock on him without LOS. Instead we have simple tracking directional radar of 1950s.
If the reason is to ad more strategy to the game, even then you could use strategy by changing the radar settings to passive to avoid early detection in all mechs, and not to make a world of mechs (tanks)
A friendly advice from a mech warrior fan. Stay to the basics that made this brand loved by people. Follow the example from the older titles, like MechWarrior 3, vengeance, black knight and mercenaries. Do not cannibalize all the series, and take some things that you like and remove that you don’t, just add your own to that.

Other mechwarrior games were not multiplayer in fact they were mostly single player. And just for you to know 3pv had huge advantage in multiplayer forcing you to use it...

In 12man 3pv give you insane scooting hability for almost nothing.

#1182 Darius Deadeye

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:15 AM

Now that 3rd person view has been implemented, I don't see any problems with it.

It doesn't give you any advantages whatsoever. You won't see any half decent players using 3rd person view to "their advantage", as all the advantages are in 1st person view.

3rd person view is pleasantly useless enough for me to not care at all about it.

Played a few rounds in 3rd person to try it out - did horribly.

Went back to 1st person and played fantastically.

Biggest offset was lack of the minimap - very disorienting.

#1183 Renaissance

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationNew Jerusalem, Tharkad

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:17 AM

Is this island I've been living on getting smaller or are more people just moving here?

#1184 Featherwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:19 AM

2 PGI staff:
When you will start post mortem review of MWO, try to recall all your lies to BT community. 3PV was one of your biggest mistakes so far.
MWO forum's community was one of the greatest I ever seen, but we, BT fans, are loyal to our memories of BattleTech of old, not to purses of few canadian dudes, if you, Bryan and rest piranhas, were ever supposed to do game for players, you had to listen to community's opinion, bah, I don't know why I post this, it's so obvious.
After reading Bryan's post on 1PV/3PV queues I've lost my intention to test 3PV, MWO has been deleted few months ago and I don't have any reason to install it again.
I can predict the ultimate breakpoint for MWO: the fail of Clans Invasion addon. After it happen PGI will be buried.

#1185 SgtMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:20 AM

Everytime my buddy runs into the back of me, my 3rd view jumps back to 1st person, same when buildings or rocks... phookung annoying...!

Edited by SgtMaster, 21 August 2013 - 05:20 AM.

#1186 Kajihn

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:22 AM

I normally dont post in these threads, seem to be nothing but flaming and very little ever done. Just feel like dropping my 2 cents on this as it is a very important topic.

I dont care to buy the propaganda on either side, so waited till I fully tried out myself. 3PV has significant advantages, especially when you switch between the 2. In the ravines I get close to a corner and go 3pv, wow I can see what is coming from around the corner. How is this not an advantage? Have you targeted in 3PV? My game aiming circle acutually seems to "snap" to the torso of other mechs. This might be a glitch but I am getting great results. To teach new people you should of thought of a tutorial, not a idea that 90%+ of the games current core did not want.

You did make a promise of a hardcore mode for those of us (again 90%+ of the core according to all polls) who did not want 3PV or to have to play against the new glitch / cheat mode. (glitch = spider pic going around, and yes you can see around corners). Instead of WAITING to put in a hardcore mode, you broke your promise to those of us most loyal to the mechwarrior games. How hard would it to be to add the hardcore mode prior to taking this "live" and avoided this whole issue? How did you think this was going to be... are you wanting to bomb the game for some tax write off? I understand your wanting fresh people but those new people might be here for 6 months then gone. Those of us in the core of this are mainly true fans of the game since table top and would be here for a very long time. Unless we are alienated and forced to leave.

Just my 2 cents

#1187 Xenois Shalashaska

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 343 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:28 AM

View PostZnail, on 21 August 2013 - 04:54 AM, said:

I don't see a lot of maturity in this thread, so I think you got the wrong group as it looks more like whiny kids.

The bottom line is that we as fans have the right to be heared, but not obeyed. You are whining about them not doing what you demand, not about them not listening.

Me I get pissed when devs aren't listening, but I am fine with them listening but deciding to do something else as long as they thought about it.

This is also a still a beta, they are testing stuff. Even if they right now plan not to have separate ques or any limits on 3PV, so may they still change their minds if it turns out to be needed. Spamming insults is not likely to be part of the process though.

You don't see maturity. Look at all the "Founder Tags" on these post. Every single one of these founders paid money before they could even play the game and you call that immature. Your exactly right about Beta testing, I am one and your one and others are also beta testers and many are saying we don't like this 3rd person view. Im saying it feels like the immersion is lost. Back when you couldn't even play the game and only show support by buying a founders package, lots of people were hoping for a Esports game. Competitive, Team orientated, immersive, rewarding, simulated, rewarded and ect. 3rd person is a fine line between arcade & simulation.

#1188 SgtMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMontreal

hardcore mode is a bad idiea, it will just split up the 50 some players that enjoy this game..!

#1189 Renaissance

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Log in for the first time since getting irritated at the C-Bill reduction. First game: Turns out all my weapon configurations disappeared and get killed trying to reset them so I don't keep alpha striking. Second game: Game locks up in the middle of a brawl. Both games: 3PV is enabled by default which is annoying. C-bill reduction still exists.

gg close, PGI

#1190 TheMagician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 779 posts

After testing last night, any team that wants to win, will have to use 3PV in conjunction with 1PV. There is no way around it. For eaxmple, last night on alpine peaks, I was able to scout out the entire enemy position without having to expose my mech due to 3PV. While they could see my drone, and know where I was at, they had no idea where the rest of our forces were. We were then able to execute an attack and easily defeat them. Previously, I would have had to fully expose my mech to view where they were at, at that point they could have exchanged fire and done serious damage to my mech. Scout mechs are now able to scout in 3PV, and not be exposed, this prevents turning around corners and finding enemies. Jump snipers no longer need to jump to see enemy position, they can use 3PV to find where they are, switch to 1PV and then snipe at them.

3PV is a completely game changing mechanic, and it changes teams's strategies and tactics.

Edited by TheMagician, 21 August 2013 - 05:29 AM.

#1191 TheFuzzyBunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 446 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:29 AM

PGI:

You have a week. No more posturing or anything from me. I will neither be attending your forums, nor the game, unless there is a fix I am told about until next week. If on next week I see no changes I'll be done with you and canceling my Phoenix purchase.

You are not the only game out there. In case you have not noticed it is highly competitive, and rather diverse. Other companies don't have the gall to bold face lie to their customers.

#1192 Kunae

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,303 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:32 AM

View PostTheFuzzyBunny, on 21 August 2013 - 05:29 AM, said:

PGI:

You have a week. No more posturing or anything from me. I will neither be attending your forums, nor the game, unless there is a fix I am told about until next week. If on next week I see no changes I'll be done with you and canceling my Phoenix purchase.

You are not the only game out there. In case you have not noticed it is highly competitive, and rather diverse. Other companies don't have the gall to bold face lie to their customers.

They don't have a week. They have today.

That's it.

If they leave this alone for a week they will lose at least half of their remaining player-base.

#1193 SirHitman

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:33 AM

Poptart heaven, see enemy's around corners and over hills while being in cover able to aim in and just fly up being 100% aware of where they are at 1000m (yea i cant see how thats an advantage).

Edit: And yea the split queues will force people to play this 3rd person just cause the general lack of knowledge in the population playing standard settings.

Edited by SirHitman, 21 August 2013 - 05:34 AM.

#1194 Nulnoil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 831 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:34 AM

View PostNiko Snow, on 20 August 2013 - 10:05 AM, said:

Tell us what you think of the Third Person View gameplay feature!

Sure! No problem!

Posted Image

#1195 Eddrick

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 1,493 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanyon Lake, TX.

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:36 AM

I don't like 3rd person view. I don't mind it being almost useless to me. As, I believe the game should be played in 1st person view. However, it doesn't seem to accomplish much of it's intention. Since, I can't see the legs on my Mech (making it no easier to tell which direction my legs are pointing. I prefer the arrows on the compass and on the mini-map). Also, one of the matches I played in had two Light Mechs exploiting being able to see over a hill. They came out of cover to shoot at me when they saw I was not facing them.

#1196 Nightlife42

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:39 AM

I don't post much on the forums but I have to add my two cents here with the rest before leaving.
I've been playing Mech since the days of Mercenaries and MW4 and I pretty certain that there is a massive amount of this community that have done the same. We had already explored the 3rd person elements of Mechwarrior and rejected it. Choosing to have a first person view in competitions.

I am not sure why the developers seem to ignore any lessons that were already learned from previous games (though that assumes that the devs played them).
I can understand that people may want a visual of their own mech but there are other ways of doing that such as have a picture in a different window without the scenary. Perhaps an alternate view to the damage indicator. The argument that this is a beta doesn't hold any water. Its not a beta really is it or things would not be fore sale before the game is finished. If only the devs gave more time to repairing broken maps and bringing out new maps instead of selling new mechs and making adjustments to the gameplay which didn't need doing. But I digress.

The reason why most people play is that they want this to be a mech simulator not some console version of it. It gives people an opportunity for people to "cheat" vs the people who want it as first person.

I honestly believe the reason that a 1st person queue has not been made available is that you would find out what everyone knows and had told you before...........WE DON'T WANT 3RD PERSON!

#1197 Lugh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

View PostDarius Deadeye, on 21 August 2013 - 05:15 AM, said:

Now that 3rd person view has been implemented, I don't see any problems with it.

It doesn't give you any advantages whatsoever. You won't see any half decent players using 3rd person view to "their advantage", as all the advantages are in 1st person view.

3rd person view is pleasantly useless enough for me to not care at all about it.

Played a few rounds in 3rd person to try it out - did horribly.

Went back to 1st person and played fantastically.

Biggest offset was lack of the minimap - very disorienting.

As is usual with players of this game you were doing it wrong.

Maneuver to where you need to be, pop 3pv to gain sight lines you don't have otherwise. Profit.

And if you did horribly with the aimbot characteristics of the 3pv for lasers and and SRMs I feel truly sorry for you.

Oh and 62 pages on less than 24hours on a game with a playerbase this small, isn't trending well

Edited by Lugh, 21 August 2013 - 05:46 AM.

#1198 SgtMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMontreal

3rd view mini map doesn't work, yet heat and night vision does. what kind of bizarro world are PGI living in?

#1199 Raistlic

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:46 AM

Well, I've to admit that somehow your points convinced me to re-think my planned purchase of the P-Projekt-Pack.

#1200 Renaissance

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:46 AM

View PostSgtMaster, on 21 August 2013 - 05:39 AM, said:

3rd view mini map doesn't work, yet heat and night vision does. what kind of bizarro world are PGI living in?

They live on the mainland. Their customers live on an island.

Btw, you were my first and only kill today, SgtMaster.

Edited by Renaissance, 21 August 2013 - 05:47 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users