3Rd Person View Feedback

2021 replies to this topic

#1201 Xeno Phalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:46 AM

I dont really have issues with the current state of 3PV its restrictive enough that its mainly used for safely gathering info. That being said if I ever get my grubby hands on a working consumer model of a Occulus Rift (and somehow separate freelook from the arm crosshairs) you'll never get me to pop up that drone, ever.

#1202 SixstringSamurai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 930 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYou Guys Are So Bad I'm Moving To The Moon

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:47 AM

There's talk of organizing a massive community wide protest of launch so that no one plays except those who serve PGI's interests like PC Gamer and NGNG. I'll be going around to those I know trying to get people on board later today when the sun comes up. I'm thinking it's time for Clans, Mercs, trolls, Goonz, reditors, elitists and noobs to come together to save the game we all want to play instead of the game PGI wants to rush to feed us. It's pretty obvious that this last update proves that they are completely out of touch with the community. I'm not asking we write angry letters I'm just asking that we all just fail to start the exe on the big day.

#1203 Darius Deadeye

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:47 AM

View PostLugh, on 21 August 2013 - 05:39 AM, said:

As is usual with players of this game you were doing it wrong.

Maneuver to where you need to be, pop 3pv to gain sight lines you don't have otherwise. Profit.

And if you did horribly with the aimbot characteristics of the 3pv for lasers and and SRMs I feel truly sorry for you.

Oh and 62 pages on less than 24hours on a game with a playerbase this small, isn't trending well

I see what you mean, and I see how line of sight can grant you big advantages :-) I stand corrected.

Maneuvering in 3pv is more difficult to me though, than 1st person view. Perhaps it's a question of routine.

#1204 Tragos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 289 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:49 AM

Just pointing it out again for all those "but 3rd person view has no advantages". It does, see below. Besides, if you are in a Jenner, Cicada, Raven (all those scouts without real arms) and perhaps even a Spider) the armlock doesn't really matter, only for some situations where you have to target something really above/below your position. For every other instance you just don't have a minimap (press :D, gain a tremendous amount of view (below) and seemingly have less Jump Jet shake.

Caustic:

Posted Image

River City (a few different ones)

Posted Image
Posted Image

And Forest Colony:

Posted Image

Edited by Tragos, 21 August 2013 - 05:59 AM.

#1205 Xant

• PipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 77 posts
  • LocationPfalz

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:54 AM

Another broken promise.
Reeeaaaally great pgi.

I want a phoenix pack refund.

#1206 Raistlic

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:55 AM

View PostSixStringSamurai, on 21 August 2013 - 05:47 AM, said:

There's talk of organizing a massive community wide protest of launch so that no one plays except those who serve PGI's interests like PC Gamer and NGNG. I'll be going around to those I know trying to get people on board later today when the sun comes up. I'm thinking it's time for Clans, Mercs, trolls, Goonz, reditors, elitists and noobs to come together to save the game we all want to play instead of the game PGI wants to rush to feed us. It's pretty obvious that this last update proves that they are completely out of touch with the community. I'm not asking we write angry letters I'm just asking that we all just fail to start the exe on the big day.

I like that idea. Maybe we could gather up for some rounds of "MEGAMEK" on launchday ^^

#1207 SgtMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:55 AM

View PostRenaissance, on 21 August 2013 - 05:46 AM, said:

They live on the mainland. Their customers live on an island.

Btw, you were my first and only kill today, SgtMaster.

well, usually i aim to please, but was glad to be of service just now...!

#1208 Renaissance

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationNew Jerusalem, Tharkad

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:58 AM

View PostNiko Snow, on 20 August 2013 - 10:05 AM, said:

Tell us what you think of the Third Person View gameplay feature!

You got it!

Posted Image

#1209 MonkeyCheese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:59 AM

View PostDarkwind, on 21 August 2013 - 04:48 AM, said:

40 people, doing the best they can with limited resources. Making a game we all waited years for, and doing a pretty good job. Sure it's not perfect, but the hate on this post is the reason some game makers are throwing in the towel.

Why should they put up with this kind of greif.

Because repeated broken promises and lies, and wasting time on this gameplay mechanic, when there are so many gameplay balance problems, hit registration problems, broken unprofessional maps, no clans, no community warfare, no flea or orion as well as really valid reasons why (flea dosnt need masc to be released), lack of UI2.0, lack of news in general, then all the various crashes and bugs. the smart *** developer posts in the forums and in social media....

I could go on, but hey what do us "beta testers" really know anyway, they clearly dont want or need our feedback.

View PostKunae, on 21 August 2013 - 05:32 AM, said:

They don't have a week. They have today.

That's it.

If they leave this alone for a week they will lose at least half of their remaining player-base.

If it doesn't happen faster, all depends on their serious command chair/ announcement posts within the next few hours to a day or 2 if they even bother.

But apparently they want to attract the younger twitchy gamer crowd the ones most likely still in school who wont bother or have the disposable income to make many micro transactions, instead of you know trying to keep their older loyal fanbase who have ample amounts of disposable income at hand.

#1210 Horation

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:00 AM

I have just applied for a full refund of my account due to total mismanagement and misrepresentation. The game is further travelling from what was promised and the new systems implemented are leading from what the game should be. As well as further from commercial viability. I did not contribute to a game so see it run into the ground. Give me back what is mine PGI, I have had more than enough of your mismanagement and ill promises.

#1211 SgtMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:01 AM

View PostTragos, on 21 August 2013 - 05:49 AM, said:

Just pointing it out again for all those "but 3rd person view has no advantages". It does, see below. Besides, if you are in a Jenner, Cicada, Raven (all those scouts without real arms) and perhaps even a Spider) the armlock doesn't really matter, only for some situations where you have to target something really above/below your position. For every other instance you just don't have a minimap (press :D, gain a tremendous amount of view (below) and seemingly have less Jump Jet shake.

Caustic:

Posted Image

River City (a few different ones)

Posted Image
Posted Image

And Forest Colony:

Posted Image

you draw nice picture, but seriously, your complaining about advantages of 3rd view? tho can shoot what you see, and you are piloting a spider with no hitbox,??? who's using unfair advantage here???

Edited by SgtMaster, 21 August 2013 - 06:02 AM.

#1212 Reaganomicon

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:02 AM

Just a friendly reminder that if PGI refuse to refund you, you can contact your bank and try to initiate a chargeback. Banks are more than happy to screw over a vendor in favor of a customer.

#1213 Renaissance

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:02 AM

I also think it's funny that some of the same people who shouted me down when I brought up that PGI lied about "No Coolant Flushes Ever" when it comes to them breaking promises are now eating crow when they discover they broke the promise regarding 3PV.

Looks like PP got out while the getting was good.

#1214 fspRinger

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:04 AM

View PostAlmeras, on 21 August 2013 - 12:19 AM, said:

Well I hope my feed back gets through the 54+ pages for anger I've seen

First I understand why PGI did 3rd person. I don't like 3rd person and wish it wasn't in but that's besides the point.
  • I think you view point should be locked either from the options menu or within the 1st moments of the match. I want to avoid the whole having to toggle back and forth in 12mans to eek out every iota of competitiveness from both modes. You pick you poison you make your choice.
  • I would like to see the elevation for the camera lowered to 1st person height and a transparency (adjustable) cast on your mech allowing you to see what you're shooting at like this;
  • Posted Image

Quoting for justice, this is good. I had that idea with the translucent Mech and lower camera position myself but I couldn't have made a proper mock up screenshot to illustrate the point.

#1215 Raistlic

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:06 AM

Guys, this thread was the spark. Could you explain, how I open a ticket to apply for refund?

#1216 Renaissance

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:09 AM

View PostRaistlic, on 21 August 2013 - 06:06 AM, said:

Guys, this thread was the spark. Could you explain, how I open a ticket to apply for refund?

The little button in the upper-righthand corner that says Support.

I haven't submitted the ticket that I screenshotted (yet, just in case people want to accuse me of talking the talk but not walking the walk). I'm going to be reasonable and wait for PGI to respond to our ill content. If I like the answer, then I won't. If I don't like the answer, then I'm cashing my chips out and going elsewhere. Only thing I'll want on my account is my Sarah's Mech, nothing else.

Edited by Renaissance, 21 August 2013 - 06:10 AM.

#1217 skamage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:12 AM

View PostRaistlic, on 21 August 2013 - 06:06 AM, said:

Click on Support, then on the second smaller bar there should be Open Ticket.

I did the same, asking for refunds on everything. I can put all of that towards something like Firefall or maybe even a ship in Star Citizen.

#1218 Blood78

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 156 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:12 AM

PGI -
First. It doesn't take much to know from get go that having separate queues for 3PV and 1PV wasn't going to work. You can state that 3PV and 1PV together doesn't provide any advantage over other or so forth. However the reality is that poolbase for MWO is small and once regional servers get setup. Even smaller so fragmenting that even further by holding separate 3PV and 1PV queue was never going to work anytime soon until playerbase grew larger.

Second. Time, money, and energy spent to develop 3PV as part of Launch should've been spent other features and improving current product. There are lot of basic items folks have asked for quite sometime and accelerate those small wins would've made playerbase more happy than 3PV. Not only that, better polished MWO product with 1PV only for Launch would have brought more people in, both old players returning and new people who was waiting on side line. Current state of 3PV will not increase playerbase by much because its not implemented with what 3PV player would expect. Launching with better polished 1PV MWO only and as it gains momentum as well as playerbase which would signal that MWO is good enough of a game. Introducing 3PV would've been better commercialization.

Third. Folks understand why/what was done so 3PV is balanced out and its implemented along with 1PV. But way 3PV is implemented and fact that 3PV/1PV drop together is not what neither 3PV or 1PV crowd wants. By taking this failed middle ground approach, you've already annoyed and angered both groups. Not only that, transparency is key for any indie video game company like PGI. PGI depends on its small but loyal customer base to essentially fund the only real project PGI has. If you have bad news, best to break it to the customer base earlier than later after the fact. Customer base will feel like its been hoodwinked and it really adds fuel to the fire.

Edit: My final thoughts about 3PV is that when it comes down to it. As much as I dislike lack of transparency PGI has, poor judgement calls on product roadmap...I enjoy MWO too much and would hate it more that if MWO isn't around. Hence purchased Phoenix project to help fund the project because I would rather play a bad MWO game than none at all. I'm sure many feel that way. I think that is one asset you guys have left so don't lose that also. If you do, playerbase will dwindle even more and I guarantee the 3PV crowd don't spend much money because average age for those crowd is younger and aren't as dedicated to BTech franchise. You guys are running out of goodwill, if not ran out already so take it to heart please. I want to see MWO and I know PGI is learning on how to grow up out of small, indie game shop to middle/big boy size. But seriously these stumbling blocks could have been avoided if you listen more closely.

Edited by Blood78, 21 August 2013 - 06:17 AM.

#1219 Horation

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:13 AM

Hi Raistlic, all you need to do is click the support & feedback tab at the top of the screen and click the option to apply for refund. If they refuse, contact your bank and start a chargeback. This is entirely legal as PGI have lied and reneged on their promises which constitutes as a breach in contract.

#1220 Raistlic

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:15 AM

Thx, got it.

I'll fall in line with Renaissance. Hopefully they dont regard that as an empty threat.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users