• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:00 AM

View PostTabrias07, on 20 August 2013 - 10:44 AM, said:

http://www.competiti.../eng/03133.html

I'm emailing IGP and asking for a refund of every penny I've spent on this game. I'm not playing it again anyway. (unless they add a 1PV queue, but I sincerely doubt it will ever happen.)

This is terribly accurate to what has occurred, so expect your post to be chinese government style deleted.

As to third person, regardless of it's flaws, you offer and advantage in several roles over those who wish to not use it.
This is game breaking.

You also remove viable tactics because now people can see around and above corners without actually exposing themselves, again game breaking.

3rd Person is bad.

Edited by DV McKenna, 20 August 2013 - 11:02 AM.

#23 Archon Adam Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 344 posts
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:00 AM

This is Beta, and features need to be tested on a larger scale than just the test servers; that is why 3PV is here, now.

To those who state the vast majority of the community does not want 3PV, it is possible that this is true of regular posters on the forum. Whether it is true or not of the population of the game at large is not something we can comment on.

My interpretation of the post that is now being waived around like Chamberlain's white paper is that it was meant to refer to Community Warfare and competitive play at launch. Clarification from PGI on this matter would be appreciated.

Regardless of whether or not there are sound reasons to have brought out 3PV without restriction, it is damaging to the company's image to promise one thing, then without warning, deliver something else entirely. I am sure there are reasons for it, but one needs to spend only a few minutes on these boards to surmise the attitude and reaction that this implementation is going to engender... chicken little is having a field day.

View PostTabrias07, on 20 August 2013 - 10:44 AM, said:

http://www.competiti.../eng/03133.html

I'm emailing IGP and asking for a refund of every penny I've spent on this game. I'm not playing it again anyway. (unless they add a 1PV queue, but I sincerely doubt it will ever happen.)

This is the kind of way people react, which is mind-boggling-ly crazy and over-reactionary, but it's what PGI has to deal with, and should have known might happen as a result of this patch change.

The more time I spend here, the worse the community looks in terms of rationality than the World of Warcraft boards.

Edited by Arrachtas, 20 August 2013 - 11:02 AM.

#24 Pearnicious

• PipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:01 AM

Whoever is making executive decisions for MWO at PGI is really dropping the ball.

Do you think about how awful you're making the experience for new players joining your game for the first time?

Turning on 3PV by default with so many restrictions (no minimap, armlock always on, no HUD, etc.) makes it incredibly hard for a new player to get his/her bearings when playing for the first time. This is compounded by the fact that there is no such thing as a tutorial in this game, you're just thrown to the wolves and hope you figure out which way is up. I can't imagine just starting this game and how frustrating it must be for someone who is given absolutely no direction.

Each new patch that is released takes 1 step forward and about 3 back. I regret purchasing MC. This game had a lot of potential, but PGI is managing to absolutely ruin it every step of the way.

#25 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:01 AM

View PostSavar Lanister, on 20 August 2013 - 10:27 AM, said:

Call me a purist, stupid, or old school.... just my two cents.

No. You're "hardcore".

( :) :D :mellow: sorry, I just couldn't help myself)

#26 SuperJoe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 148 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:02 AM

gg no re

#27 Butane9000

• Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:02 AM

View PostArrachtas, on 20 August 2013 - 11:00 AM, said:

This is Beta, and features need to be tested on a larger scale than just the test servers; that is why 3PV is here, now.

To those who state the vast majority of the community does not want 3PV, it is possible that this is true of regular posters on the forum. Whether it is true or not of the population of the game at large is not something we can comment on.

My interpretation of the post that is now being waived around like Chamberlain's white paper is that it was meant to refer to Community Warfare and competitive play at launch. Clarification from PGI on this matter would be appreciated.

Regardless of whether or not there are sound reasons to have brought out 3PV without restriction, it is damaging to the company's image to promise one thing, then without warning, deliver something else entirely. I am sure there are reasons for it, but one needs to spend only a few minutes on these boards to surmise the attitude and reaction that this implementation is going to engender... chicken little is having a field day.

This argument would prove more effective if they didn't create TEST SERVERS for a flipping beta. The whole point of a beta is testing. So why on earth would they need a test server anyway? The fact is by creating a test server they essentially said that we're no longer playing a beta but a soft release.

#28 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:03 AM

still cant see legs on most mechs

they really need to get rid of that reticle jump

#29 Elistaire Drummond

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 102 posts
  • LocationGermany/Hessen/Odenwald

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:05 AM

PGI lied.

#30 Kunae

• 4,303 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:06 AM

This island, we're all on, is getting pretty darn crowded.

https://twitter.com/...853501478621184

#31 Archon Adam Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 344 posts

View PostButane9000, on 20 August 2013 - 11:02 AM, said:

This argument would prove more effective if they didn't create TEST SERVERS for a flipping beta. The whole point of a beta is testing. So why on earth would they need a test server anyway? The fact is by creating a test server they essentially said that we're no longer playing a beta but a soft release.

A small test server voluntarily entered into by a fraction of the player-base is not the same as testing it on the whole live server; a live server that is still in Beta. The debate over soft release is a debate, and a matter of perspective. The community had asked for more opportunity to test features - hence the test server in addition to the fact the game is in Beta.

It really does come down to no matter what PGI does, people will still rage. Bringing in 3PV without separate queues is a mistake, and I expect them to own up to that in some form, but let us also keep a realistic stance on this; this game does not have enough of a developer team to extensively internally test every feature, and a couple of limited-run test-server outings won't reveal much either.

#32 Monky

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,219 posts
  • LocationHypothetical Warrior

Forum responses; Fine for adjusting SRM damage, not fine for letting PGI know wether or not 3rd person view is bad.

*sigh*

#33 Kunae

• 4,303 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:07 AM

View PostArrachtas, on 20 August 2013 - 11:06 AM, said:

The debate over soft release is a debate, and a matter of perspective.

No, it's not.

This game has been "live" since Nov of last year, despite any claims to the contrary.

#34 Jakob Knight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:07 AM

I think the reason the Devs have broken yet another promise to the playerbase is simple. People said they had no interest in 3PV, and would not use it, choosing to play only in the 1PV que. So, since they want people to use 3PV as the 'normal' mode of the game, they simply remove the option to play without using it.

In short, they removed the choice from the players because the players weren't going to make the choice the Devs wanted.

#35 Elistaire Drummond

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 102 posts
  • LocationGermany/Hessen/Odenwald

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:08 AM

It´s a shame. Get used to it.

#36 Butane9000

• Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:09 AM

Posted Image

So they do in fact have the hard core options in the list. However it's not available yet. So in fact we're still forced to play with 3PV players.

#37 Archon Adam Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 344 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:09 AM

View PostKunae, on 20 August 2013 - 11:07 AM, said:

No, it's not.

This game has been "live" since Nov of last year, despite any claims to the contrary.

Yes, it is, and the fact that I disagree with you means that others do too. You have no proof of your stance, no more than I do of mine, though at least I can point to the 'Beta' tag to justify my beliefs with some modicum of official-ity.

Many other games were even 'further along' than this in Beta, with equally large rants (for miles) about how the game was basically live already, etc. etc.

#38 Jakob Knight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:11 AM

View PostArrachtas, on 20 August 2013 - 11:06 AM, said:

A small test server voluntarily entered into by a fraction of the player-base is not the same as testing it on the whole live server; a live server that is still in Beta. The debate over soft release is a debate, and a matter of perspective. The community had asked for more opportunity to test features - hence the test server in addition to the fact the game is in Beta.

It really does come down to no matter what PGI does, people will still rage. Bringing in 3PV without separate queues is a mistake, and I expect them to own up to that in some form, but let us also keep a realistic stance on this; this game does not have enough of a developer team to extensively internally test every feature, and a couple of limited-run test-server outings won't reveal much either.

I must have missed the part where this was made as a temporary measure. It isn't. This is a permanent state change in the game that PGI stated flatly would not be the case. The playerbase have very solid grounds to rage, and the 'realistic' stance is that the Devs have out-and-out done what they said they would not do in forcing players into games featuring 3PV, and making 3PV games the mainstream play mode of the game.

#39 Aym

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:11 AM

Why are hardcore modes greyed out?

#40 Archon Adam Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 344 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:12 AM

View PostJakob Knight, on 20 August 2013 - 11:11 AM, said:

I must have missed the part where this was made as a temporary measure. It isn't. This is a permanent state change in the game that PGI stated flatly would not be the case. The playerbase have very solid grounds to rage, and the 'realistic' stance is that the Devs have out-and-out done what they said they would not do in forcing players into games featuring 3PV, and making 3PV games the mainstream play mode of the game.

Because everything is always set in stone, right?

There's a screenshot above highlighting 'hardcore' mode, which is certainly EXACTLY what we are asking for - a separate '1PV-only' queue.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users