3Rd Person View Feedback

2021 replies to this topic

#41 Legend_

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:12 AM

Disappointed. Even if it's only for a week, a few days, whatever, the fact remains that we are currently forced to play against people who can, if they so choose, use 3PV.

Wondering on the chances of getting a refund for my Overlord package now..

#42 IceSerpent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:14 AM

View PostArrachtas, on 20 August 2013 - 11:09 AM, said:

Yes, it is, and the fact that I disagree with you means that others do too. You have no proof of your stance, no more than I do of mine, though at least I can point to the 'Beta' tag to justify my beliefs with some modicum of official-ity.

Many other games were even 'further along' than this in Beta, with equally large rants (for miles) about how the game was basically live already, etc. etc.

You can disagree all you want, but the difference between test and live is that test is "not for real". I.e. you test drive a new car before you shell out the cash, testing of an online store doesn't make your bank account any lighter, etc. Once you get to the "all purchases are final" stage, it's not a test any more.

#43 Archon Adam Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 344 posts
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:16 AM

View PostIceSerpent, on 20 August 2013 - 11:14 AM, said:

You can disagree all you want, but the difference between test and live is that test is "not for real". I.e. you test drive a new car before you shell out the cash, testing of an online store doesn't make your bank account any lighter, etc. Once you get to the "all purchases are final" stage, it's not a test any more.

What part of 3PV being implemented forces you to spend money?

#44 Tabrias07

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 482 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:19 AM

View PostArrachtas, on 20 August 2013 - 11:16 AM, said:

What part of 3PV being implemented forces you to spend money?

you totally missed the point

He's saying the game is not a beta.

It isn't.

#45 RighteousFury

• PipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 70 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:19 AM

I just tried it out. First of all you can not realy manouver AND aim with 3rd person.

Second, it has a noticable delay switching between views. That will make it usefull for movement and especialy jumpjetting. Also quite handy when you wanna learn the maps in the testing ground and check whether you are in cover somewere or not.
BUT you can not just switch to look around cover etc for a nanosecond.

Basicly I dont see a serious advantage using 3pv and thats why I wont be using it for fighting.

Biggest problem I currently see, is that its on by default...

#46 Kunae

• 4,303 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:20 AM

View PostArrachtas, on 20 August 2013 - 11:09 AM, said:

Yes, it is, and the fact that I disagree with you means that others do too. You have no proof of your stance, no more than I do of mine, though at least I can point to the 'Beta' tag to justify my beliefs with some modicum of official-ity. Many other games were even 'further along' than this in Beta, with equally large rants (for miles) about how the game was basically live already, etc. etc.

Posted Image

You can call em whatever you want, but that's still a rabbit on the left, and a duck on the right.

#47 Butane9000

• Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:20 AM

So games up? The question is does 3PV give you an visual advantage of the battlefield?

First picture is of 1PV. Looking at a wall. Cannot see anything in front of you but wall.
Posted Image

Next is 3PV. Notice the changes in the amount of battlefield you can see?
Posted Image

Clearly this won't give you a tactical edge in the game. clearly.

#48 Kunae

• 4,303 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:22 AM

View PostRighteousFury, on 20 August 2013 - 11:19 AM, said:

I just tried it out. First of all you can not realy manouver AND aim with 3rd person. Second, it has a noticable delay switching between views. That will make it usefull for movement and especialy jumpjetting. Also quite handy when you wanna learn the maps in the testing ground and check whether you are in cover somewere or not. BUT you can not just switch to look around cover etc for a nanosecond. Basicly I dont see a serious advantage using 3pv and thats why I wont be using it for fighting. Biggest problem I currently see, is that its on by default...

Does... not... matter.

It is only supposed to be in split queues, not the same queue.

View PostButane9000, on 20 August 2013 - 11:20 AM, said:

So games up? The question is does 3PV give you an visual advantage of the battlefield? First picture is of 1PV. Looking at a wall. Cannot see anything in front of you but wall. Next is 3PV. Notice the changes in the amount of battlefield you can see? Clearly this won't give you a tactical edge in the game. clearly.

Again, it does... not... matter.

Split queues != one queue.

#49 Druidika

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 157 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:23 AM

Thanks to 3rd person view, I finally understand where my mech's legs are in relation to its torso. It also allows me to enjoy my mech's high-resolution textures, achieved with CryEngine 3.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#50 Archon Adam Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 344 posts
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:23 AM

View PostTabrias07, on 20 August 2013 - 11:19 AM, said:

you totally missed the point

He's saying the game is not a beta.

It isn't.

I missed nothing; the game is in Beta. The tag says so. The constant patches every two weeks adding content or features say so as well.

... and even when it isn't? Even if PGI said today, "the game really is live"? All online games are permanently in 'Beta'; look at World of Warcraft. Look at EVE: Online. Features announced, then pulled at the last minute, or changed. Weeks - months - almost a year, between major content updates. Features that entirely break the game for some people. Radical changes that tick off most of the player base.

If those aren't things people can adapt to (as they have to in any MMO), and people refuse to meet distasteful changes with rational criticism and not repeated screamings of the word 'refund' amidst questioning PGI's sexuality... then perhaps online games aren't for them, because every single other MMO is exactly the same as this one.

3PV = bad idea. Putting it out without a filter for 1PV players = bad idea. No one debates that, but the amount of irrational hair-pulling around here is out of hand, and I'm done trying to inject logic into it.

Edited by Arrachtas, 20 August 2013 - 11:25 AM.

#51 LaserAngel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 889 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:25 AM

I can't see my legs but I can see around corners.

#52 ZipZerp

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:26 AM

View PostchiXu, on 20 August 2013 - 11:12 AM, said:

Disappointed. Even if it's only for a week, a few days, whatever, the fact remains that we are currently forced to play against people who can, if they so choose, use 3PV.

Wondering on the chances of getting a refund for my Overlord package now..

They would be great. I had the overlord and used the 30 days of premium time. They gave me a full refund as soon as I asked for it. A+ customer service on their behalf.

They were even nice enough to notify me that it was a limited time offer, and that I wouldn't be able to get the bonuses in the future; but were completely free to pre order it if my mind changed.

#53 Jaguar Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 219 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:27 AM

I started the launcher, clicked patched notes, began to read. After reading, I closed the launcher. Opened Revo Uninstaller. Removed the game.

The key thing I was looking for is the ability to queue 1pv only. It was not there. So, I'm done for now.

Someone PM me when they do add the separate queues.

cya

#54 Edwyndham

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 154 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:29 AM

Posted Image

#55 Shivaxi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 175 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:29 AM

What was that sound? The sound of 90% of the MWO playerbase quitting? Yeah...me too.

#56 Edwyndham

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 154 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:31 AM

Hmm, let's see if this works:

PGI, third person view makes me nauseous! The way the camera bounces around while using 3PV also makes my lower back hurt! Get rid of it now!

#57 RighteousFury

• PipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 70 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:32 AM

In that case the other guy will see the drone and know were you are...

#58 Edwyndham

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 154 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:33 AM

View PostRighteousFury, on 20 August 2013 - 11:32 AM, said:

In that case the other guy will see the drone and know were you are...

And do what? Shoot the rock?

#59 Postal0311

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:35 AM

I no longer have faith that PGI can make MWO a good game. I have uninstalled it and have send support an email demand a refund for the Phoenix Overload package.

Edited by Postal0311, 20 August 2013 - 11:35 AM.

#60 Jabilo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:36 AM

WTH is this?

Ok, I do not care about people using 3rd person but if you are going to annoy people at least make 3rd person actually work.

1. Can not see paint job very well
2. Reticle shake and "snap" make it impossible to hit anything
3. Can not see the damn legs in big mechs

I do not believe how any 1st person player can be unhappy about this.

3rd person is a noose around your neck. Prepare to have new players taken to the slaughter even more.

Christ.

Edit. Oh yes, while I think about it, I believe points 1, 2 and 3 were all extensively mentioned in the test server feedback thread.

Edited by Jabilo, 20 August 2013 - 11:39 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users